π„π²πž 𝐎𝐟 π“π‘πž 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦...

By Iyanuoluwa-Temi

Jamal Inioluwa Bamidele has known pain all his life. Diagnosed of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, due to a ch... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Meeting the Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Important Author's Note
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38-Finale.

Chapter 12

1.6K 481 221
By Iyanuoluwa-Temi

Hey guys,

So from this chapter, there would be several chip in of the third person POV because we would be having different views from some of the characters and instead of me writing their names, I'd just turn it into a third person POV so you won't get confused.

Enjoy!

_______________________________________

Elyon's POV (Later that Day.)

After having lunch, the three of us went to the screening room to watch a movie. Throughout, I couldn't concentrate because Jamal's question kept playing in my head. How exactly did I see him? As simple as that question sounded, it was very complicated.

The way he was always looking at me didn't help matter. I pretended like I didn't notice his eyes on me throughout lunch. It wasn't creepy, far from that. It rather made me feel warm. The way he looked at me was different...good different.

"I'm home!" Venus' squeaky voice rang through the air and I groaned. She made her way into the room and plopped herself down on one of the bean chairs, trading high fives with Jamal who was right beside her.

"Can you, like, not shout for once!" I snapped at her and she stuck her tongue out to me.

"Elyon, stop being mean to your sister!" Jamal chided me playfully.

"That one is not a sister. She's a bug from outer space. No wonder we are so different. See how she just disrupted the flow of the movie." I hissed, turning my attention back to the movie I wasn't even paying any attention to.

"It's not like you were even paying attention to the movie so you actually have no right to be angry." Skye said and I opened my mouth.

"Whose side are you on?!" I asked her.

"The Lord's side, my sister." She said in a very rich Yoruba accent making Jamal and Venus burst into laughter. I couldn't help by chuckle myself.

"Yah mad." I muttered.

"Ehn ehn Skye. You promised to use your hair products to do my hair. I prefer it to Elyon's own. Her own is fake." She casted a sneer to my side. I snapped my finger at her.

"Shebi, it's both of us that are living in the same house. Let's get home first." I said.

"Both of you are like Tom and Jerry. I fear o." Jamal said, faking a shiver, causing me to throw a couch pillow at him. Skye laughed as she led Venus away and that was when I realized I was alone with Jamal. I looked at him and saw him staring at me and a smile automatically spread across my lips.

"What?" I asked him. He stood up and walked towards me.

"There is one room in this house you haven't seen and I have a feeling you might love to see it." He said when he reached me.

"Really? What room?" I asked him eagerly. He chucked and stretched his hand.

"You'll see. Come on." He said. I took his hand and he pulled me up and led me to another part of the house I've never seen before. He looked at me and smiled before opening the door fully and my eyes went huge immediately.

It was a mini art gallery. A beautiful mini art gallery. There were paintings and drawing framed on the wall and it made the place look so colourful. I entered fully into the room and Jamal closed the door behind him.

"Wow! You drew all this?" I asked, looking at every canvas. I walked up to some, tracing my fingers on the frame, marveling at the beauty.

(A/N: Disclaimer, none of the art works are mine. Got them from Pinterest)

"I take it that you like them." I heard Jamal's deep voice behind me. I turned to look at him. He was pretty close to me but I could still breath from the little distance.

"Like them? I love them! They are beautiful, Jamal." I went back to looking at it and I heard him chuckle.

"My dad compensated me with this as well, apart from letting me study visual art. He turned this place into my mini gallery. So I just couldn't say know when he offered me technical class." Jamal shrugged and I turned to face him.

"You don't like your field..." I stated and he Shook his head.

"I do like it. I just don't love it the way I love art. I love music, I love photography. I love art generally." I could hear an hint of sadness in his voice but just as it came, it disappeared and he was back to beaming at me. "But on the bright side, he still let's me do all of that and I'm still one of the best students in both science and technical class." He boasted and I laughed.

"If you keep that up, your ego will be bigger than your head and you won't be able to carry it." I teased him and he chuckled.

"Come to think of it, I haven't seen you draw before." He cocked his head sideways, peering at me.

"I honesty don't know how to use the pencil bit give me paints them I'm your girl." I beamed and he raised an eyebrow.

"Really? Well why don't you show me. I have a room back there where I do my work." He jabbed his thumb to the door at a corner.

"Well prepare to get your mind blown away." I winked and he laughed.

"Ohhh, I hope it gets blown away." He winked back and I giggled.

****

After we painted together and nearly covered our entire body with paint, we decided to calm down and take a breather. Jamal had a tiny fridge stocked with whatever snacks or drinks he needed so he brought some out and began to munch on them. As we talked and ate, curiosity got the better part of me and though I didn't want him reliving old memories, a greater part of me wanted to know the entire story.

"Jamal..."I called, stopping myself from eating another batch of oreos cookies. He looked away from his Berry blast five alive and at me.

"Yeah?" He looked at me. I exhaled and inhaled, having internal battles with myself whether to ask him or not. The curious part of me won.

"What led to the disorder?" I asked and watched as he stopped eating and stared at me, his face expressionless. I suddenly regretted my question.

Your mouth ehn!!!

"You don't have to answer. I don't know what I was thinking when I asked. I'm so sor..." I blabbed on but his next words cut me off.

"Accident." He simply started. I looked at him confused.

"What?" I asked. He sighed and put away his Maryland cookies.

"I had an accident, ten years ago. It traumatized me." He stated. Now I felt really bad for asking.

"You don't have to talk about it. Forget I asked..." I trailed off when he looked at me.

"It's okay. I really haven't told anyone the full story before. Only Skye and my parents know the entire detail. You are the only other person I'd be telling." He gave a small smile.

"I don't want it to seem like I forced you..." I started again but he waved me off.

"It's okay. I want to tell you. For some reasons, I feel very comfortable talking to you. Even Mateo knows little to nothing." He shrugged and I smiled. I felt really honoured.

"What happened?" I asked. He took a deep breath before he started pouring his mind out.

"It was ten years ago. My grandfather wanted to take me out. Skye couldn't follow us because she was ill so it was just both of us. It was always just both of us..." He trailed off, his voice cracking. I reached over and took his hands in mine, trying to brace myself as well for the incoming bomb.

I shouldn't have asked.

"That day was like any other day. We made a wrong turn and the car tumbled over. My grandfather made sure I got out safe...but he couldn't get out. The car exploded...with him in it." My hands automatically went to mouth as I tried to muffle a gasp. Tears made it's way in beads out of Jamal's eyes and even though he was wiping them off repeatedly, they still kept coming. He looked at me with an already bloodshot eyes.

"I saw my grandfather been blown into pieces before I became unconscious and since that day, I've never remained the same. I was unconscious in the hospital for almost two months. When I got out, nothing changed." He sniffed and exhaled, looking away from me.

"I began to have nightmares, reminding me of that day. My mind was been torn apart by different images. I heard voices in my head tell me, I was the reason my grandfather died..." He trailed off again and I shook my head, bringing my hand to the side of his face, making him face me.

"Jamal, it wasn't your fault..." I told him but he shook his head as well.

"I was the one that call him to take me out for ice cream. I should have been the one to die in that accident instead of him..." He chocked out.

"No! Don't say that!" I drew my seat closer to him and  kept my hand on the side of his face. "Jamal, look at me." I muttered and he did.

"Don't you ever wish yourself death because you are not going anywhere, not anytime soon. God spared you for a reason. It was your grandfather's time. I know how it feels because I lost my maternal grand mum two years ago. Don't say you want to take his place because it's not your time." I told him and he kept looking at me, not saying a word. I took that as my cue to continue.

"You are alive for a reason. So many people would have died in that kind of crash but you didn't and that's something to be thankful for..."

"I have a disorder, Elyon. A disorder that has deprived me of sleep for the past ten years. A disorder that has caused me so much pain. I am better off dead." He said but I shook my head, wanting nothing more but to remove that notion from his head.

"No, you are not better off dead because we will figure it out. I'll help you and your parents figure it out. I promise."

That's a big promise to make Elyon. My subconscious warned me.

"That's a pretty big promise." He voiced out my thoughts and I sighed.

"I know but I'll try to make it work. I just want to make sure you are okay. All round." I told him. His lips shifted in a lopsided grin.

"I never knew you cared this much about me." He said and I chuckled.

"Don't flatter yourself." I teased and he laughed. I smiled as I relished in the sound of his laughter. If only he could be this care free more often. "A hug?" I asked stretching my hands outs.

"I'm never refusing a hug from you." He stated and I giggled as he pulled me in as well. As we held each other, I couldn't stop the thought that came to my mind.

Will I be able to keep my promise?

That night, Jamal didn't need to me to sleep. It was like I rose a part of him that was dead and buried...and I felt so good for being the one to do that to him. His parents noticed the change but I left them to speculate. Skye was very indifferent, or she pretended to be. I saw the smirks and eyebrow wiggles she kept giving me subtly, but I chose to ignore though I couldn't help that my heart fluttered at the single thought of Jamal.

My parents came back after church on Sunday and we had to leave to our own house. Even though we were next door neighbors, I couldn't help but miss him. That night, I watched him from my window, hiding behind the curtain whenever his eyes came up to look at mine.

You are so hopeless!!

******

Third person POV

Assembly was longer than usual this particular Monday because the Principal had a very important announcement to make. Now everyone was waiting for him and he was no where to be found.

"I can't believe this man is keeping us waiting. He is lucky that the assembly has chairs and we are allowed to sit down." Vanessa rolled her eyes through her glasses.

"On the brighter side, Economics is our first period and this waiting is eating into our time." Mateo looked at Elyon who only shrugged.

"Don't look at me. I'm not offering economics with you guys. I bumped I'm missing visual arts." She whined.

"Mr Fatuse promised to take us on this new topic that has to do with Egyptian hieroglyphics. I love everything Egyptian mythology." Jamal grumbled and Skye patted his back softly.

"Wait sef. Is it me or Jamal is looking more refreshed and chirpier." Chidinma revealed and soon everyone had their eyes on him. Jamal just smiled and looked away.

"It's even true sef. I'm not seeing you with any coffee this morning. Seems like you had good night sleep." Somadina smiled at him knowingly and Jamal chuckled.

"You people should stop interrogating my brother, abeg." Skye teased.

"Let them interrogate, Skye. Yes guys, I've been sleeping better this days. All round, I'm getting better. Thanks to someone." He shot a quick glance at Elyon who noticed it and looked away, blushing. Elyon wasn't the only one that seemed to notice that look. Mateo noticed as well and his mood changed automatically.

He has been noticing the sparks flying around between them this past week. When Skye had mentioned Elyon staying over for the weekend, he was very skeptical about what would come out of it and seeing the way Jamal couldn't keep his eyes off Elyon and mostly the ignorance of Elyon, he wanted to act fast on his own feelings.

"Thanks to who?" Vanessa asked with curiosity.

"Good morning students." The Principal's voice boomed through the hall and every discussion came to a stand still. He talked about the upcoming inter house sport and the house division that has already been made and the list was already out on the notice board. He told the students that practice would start soon then dismissed them.

*****

Jamal's POV

I was in the art studio during my free period. I was just setting up the Canvas when I heard the door open and close. I looked back and saw Mateo standing at the door and a slight frown ceased my forehead.

What does he want??

Since Tolani's party, things have been strained between Mateo and I. Everyone noticed the tension between us but didn't want to talk about it for the sake of peace and mostly because they didn't know what went down, except Somadina. So, him coming here was kinda weird.

"What's up man." I looked back at my Canvas, positioning it on the aisle.

"I Dey. What are you drawing again? Don't you get tired of this thing." He asked, mockery laced in his voice and I fought so hard not to roll my eyes.

"You don't get tired of your passion, abi?" I replied him and he shrugged, leaning against a table. I said nothing, waiting for him to speak. If he was the one that came to me then he must have something important to say.

"Guy, I'm sorry for being a jerk all this while. You were totally right about what happened." His voice shot and an apology and I raised an eyebrow.

Mateo never apologizes.

"You are apologizing? You never apologize, Mateo." I said, folding my hands across my chest, a deep frown creased on my forehead.

"But, there is a first time for everything. I was wrong and I'm sorry. I don't like this strain between us, man. You are my padi. We've been friends since way back. No vex abeg." He said and I sighed.

"It's fine. I'm not angry with you. So far you have realized your mistake. I'm also sorry if I overreacted. You be my O.G na." I smiled and he smiled back before we gave each other a bromance shake and back pat.

Maybe he is really sorry.

"Guy, I actually need your help wit something." He said after a while of helping me set up my canvas and pick my paint brush.

"Sure, shoot." I replied, picking up my palette and mixing the paint on it.

"I need your help with this babe I like." That statement made me to drop my palette and look at him.

"Which girl?" I asked, trying my best to put up a very blank expression but just like I feared, he dropped the bombshell I was silently hoping he wouldn't.

"Elyon."

Fücking Bullocks.

A/N

E don happen, we don tell am!

I'm back again guys, with a fresh update! So Elyon and Jamal are getting pretty closer. Undeniably, she feels something for him but now there is a love triangle.

Mateo decided to ask Jamal for advice about Elyon,  knowing fully well that Jamal likes Elyon as well.

What do you think Jamal will do?

This is a simple case of caught between the Devil and the Deep Blue sea. Yikes! Tough decision.

I don't think I'd be updating after this till next month. Manly because my complete project is due for the 31St and I am not done yet. So I've given you all the updates for this week and next week. Seriously, I gave about four updates this week... I think I tried.

Alright then. I'll see you next month. Don't forget to vote, comment and Share. I love you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 1.6K 43
My words vanished the moment I locked gazes with the girl in question. I looked down at the book in my hand. Fenix Alade was written boldy on the fro...
36K 1.7K 33
α΄…Ιͺᴠᴇʀɒᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› ᴏʀ α΄…α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄˜ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› α΄…ΙͺʀᴇᴄᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ.
17.7K 3.8K 49
Letters. That was what brought them together. Meeting accidentally as penpals was a great comfort to Priss who only needed comfort in her life. F...
244K 42.6K 42
"And who are you?" I looked up to see his well structured face. "I'm Itoro, Itoro Samuels." "And what are you doing here?" "Trying to clean up Sir...