The Universe Listened | Kirib...

StarsNeverLanding द्वारा

they had a theory maybe it wasn't written in the s t a r s or in the distant worlds it all came down to c h... अधिक

Prologue
Shadows settled on the place that you left
Our minds are troubled by the emptiness
Destroy the middle, it's a waste of time
From the perfect start to the finish line
And if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones
'Cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs
Setting fire to our insides for fun
Collecting names of the lovers that went wrong
The lovers that went wrong
We are the reckless, we are the wild youth
Chasing visions of our futures
One day we'll reveal the truth
That one will die before he gets there
And if you're still bleeding, you're the lucky ones
'Cause most of our feelings, they are dead and they are gone
We're setting fire to our insides for fun
Collecting pictures from the flood that wrecked our home
It was a flood that wrecked this
And you caused it
Well I've lost it all
I'm just a silouhette
A lifeless face that you'll soon forget
My eyes are damp from the words you left
Ringing in my head
...when you broke my chest
And if you're in love, then you are the lucky one
'Cause most of us are bitter over someone
Setting fire to our insides for fun
To distract our hearts from ever missing them
But I'm forever missing him
The Universe Saw (BONUS CHAPTERS)
With golden string, our universe was clothed in light
That we may fall in love, every time we open up our eyes
I guess space, and time, takes violent things, angry things and makes them kind
We are the dust of dust, we are the apple of God's eye
NOTICE

Pulling at the seams, our once barren world now brims with life

700 41 37
StarsNeverLanding द्वारा

Chapter Two

When did they start drinking? Did they have bloody maries that morning with their scrambled eggs? Or did they hold off on the drinking until the early afternoon? There was no way they began once they reached the first bar; Kirishima was certain they were already trashed when they reached the first bar atop their very long list of bars they planned on going to that evening.

Kirishima wasn't much of a drinker. The taste of alcohol was always too much from him, but an occasion such as this was enough for him to put his dislikes aside and bear with the burn of the drinks as they ran down his throat.

It was Kaminari's bachelor party. He was hell bent on getting as trashed as possible. "I have to. It's my last night as a free man, dude, it's like law." No one argued with him. Quiet glances were shared and stolen, lips turned up to create small smirks, eyebrows raised, but no one told him they were against it. No questions were asked.

So they dressed up in their cocktail attire: nice button downs with pants to compliment, some had neckties, others had neckties. Kirishima had bought a bowtie that matched his own necktie for Riot, but it wasn't put to use. He'd decided bars crowded to the brim with drunk people wasn't the best place for a dog. Riot wouldn't be able to do his job properly. For the first time in a long time, Kirishima used his cane instead.

How many bars had they been to? Three? Four? It could've been closer to six the more Kirishima thought about it.

Sero was holding Kaminari up as they walked down the brightly lit city streets. Both of their faces were flushed a red almost as bright as Kirishima' s hair and he could hear the smiles pulling at their lips, laughs escaping into the air. Their words were slurred and nonsensical. Someone had made mentions of going out to eat. They left the bars behind and traveled further into the heart of the city, looking for a nice restaurant that would take them without need for a reservation.

Katsuki was also a little tipsy, learning most of his weight Kirishima as he did his best to guide him along the dark streets. He could hardly see. The streetlights did little to brighten the world around them, did little to show Kirishima the streets they were walking down. Though Katsuki was drunk himself, he made it a priority to carefully lead Kirishima around.

Kaminari stumbled over a small rock and toppled over, bringing Sero down with him.

Seven bars Kirishima had decided.

They crashed the first restaurant they could find that would allow their drunk asses in so late at night without a reservation. The group was taken to a table in the back, the furthest one away from the rest of the restaurant. Kirishima' s eyes danced around the room, going from light to light, following the shadows and blurred colors and outlines of the other customers.

Everyone ordered when the waiter came around the next time. How she understood their slurred words was beyond Kirishima, but she wrote everything down, smiled, and said their meals would be out shortly.

The last time they were in a restaurant as fancy as this together, Kaminari and suckered them into splitting without paying. The other difference was Mina and Jiro weren't there whereas Sero was. It felt like he betrayed the girls in some way, to be reliving a memory as precious as that without them. Katsuki was so mad when they went back to school the next day. He chased them, hurled insult after insult until he managed to catch up to Kirishima. He could still remember the piercing cold on his back as he was tackled into the plush snow. The way his back stayed wet almost the entire day afterwards. It sobered him up the more he thought about it.

"Hey, do you remember that time we dined and dashed?" Kirishima asked shortly after the waiter delivered their meals. Everyone began to dig it the moment the plates were set in front of them. Not much has changed since then. They were all still pigs.

Kaminari giggled. "Hell yeah, dude."

"I've heard the story," Sero said, food close to falling out of his mouth as he spoke. "Mina likes to tell that story during the nights she can't sleep. I hear this one," he pointed an accusing fork at Katsuki, "almost murdered you guys."

"I had never feared for my life until then."

"He tackled me into the snow," Kirishima added. "I was certain he would suffocate me."

"You would've deserved it too," Katsuki mumbled.

Kaminari's eyes lit up as he leaned in close, beckoning everyone to do the same. He giggled, shook his head, and said, "What if we did it again?"

"Oh fuck no. If we get caught, we're fucked Kaminari. F-u-c-k-e-d. I am not trying to go to jail." Katsuki instantly protested. "You've lost your damn mind."

"That's why we won't get caught. Don't be a pussy bro."

"Have you not grown up at all?"

"I'm offended. Of course I am. I'm an adult. I pay bills, I work. Hell, I'm about to get married, dude. I'd say I'm pretty damn grown. But I also know that I wanna live my life to the fullest. So grow some balls and do this with us." Kaminari looked Katsuki right in the eye. Daring him to try to argue with him that night. He didn't waver as Katsuki sent a glare that would scare the socks off of a normal person. But Kaminari wasn't normal. He wasn't ever phased by that look. Not even in their youth.

Katsuki leaned back, crossed his arms over his chest, and let out a sigh of defeat before giving the smallest nod of his head. "Fine. But if we get caught, I will castrate you."

"Oh thou of little faith..."

Kirishima hadn't ever run so hard in his life before. Not even when he was running from Katsuki. Never again will they trust Kaminari. We won't get caught, he said. They weren't caught, but Sero had fucked up. He was spotted trying to leave through the bathroom window after one of the hosts had grown suspicious, and the group was chased down the street. Running with a cane was a skill Kirishima never had the chance to polish. He tripped and staggered his way down the sidewalk, Katsuki doing his best to support him in his drunken state.

Once, they almost fell when Kirishima' s foot tapped an object he had missed when tapping his cane from side to side, and it was like his life flashed before his eyes as he felt himself begin to lose what balance he could maintain. Katsuki' s arms were quick to wrap around Kirishima and his legs were strong enough to keep them from toppling over onto the dirty sidewalk.

Kirishima didn't know what time they made it home. The apartment was quiet, all except for Riot who was far too excited to see that his human had made it home safely. Kirishima and Katsuki felt around in the dark of the apartment, feeling around for the open door to their room. They stumbled over the clothing scattered about the floor, collapsing until the bed upon finding it.

Katsuki stared at Kirishima for the longest time. The several minutes feeling an eternity in the silent room. Kirishima held his gaze, or tried to in the dimly lit room, until Katsuki broke it and covered his eyes. He started to speak in tongues and words Kirishima couldn't decipher. Slurred vowels, crushed sentences that sounded too fast, words that couldn't have been real. Drunk talk that obviously made sense to no one but Katsuki.

There was something about Kaminari and how that idiot somehow managed to bag himself such an amazing girl. How he deserves a sense of happiness. Somehow Mina gets brought up. But then he's looking at Kirishima again.

"God, Shitty Hair. I love you so much, you know that right? You're just... perfect."

And Katsuki went on. Kirishima wasn't sure if there was an end in sight to Katsuki' s ramblings, so gently, ever so gently, Kirishima slipped his hands up Katsuki's neck and rested them on his cheeks. Smooth, unharmed skin underneath one hand. Jagged and uneven scar tissue under the other. He recalled the effort it took to get Katsuki to relax underneath his touch. Many fights. So many nights spent frustrated and annoyed. But in the end, they made it. It worked out. There they were.

He kissed Katsuki. Soft. Short. Then again, with a little more depth and perhaps a little bit of force from Katsuki's side. Kirishima smiled, crooked and still most certainly drunk, but he kept going until he kissed Katsuki into oblivion.

"Morning," Kirishima said as he got down on the floor with Katsuki the next morning, the morning before the wedding. It was early. So early, the sun wasn't even up yet. He tried to contort himself into the same position Katsuki had folded himself into it. It was a poor imitation. Morning yoga is something Katsuki has done for a while, according to what he's told Kirishima, and over the months Kirishima has watched him enough to pick up the basics.

"You're joining me?" Katsuki said into his calf. He was sitting on the floor, one leg folded into himself while the other extended out to the left at an angle as wide as he could manage, which considering it was Katsuki, the angle was almost a straight line. With his head tucked down by the extended leg, it looked like he should be in pain. But he wasn't. He was actually pretty comfortable, or so it seemed. Kirishima dipped his head towards his thigh, trying to go as possible, but stopped far before his forehead could touch. Unlike Katsuki.

"I am."

"Fine," Katsuki said. "Just keep up."

From there he sat up and tucked his knee under his chin, folding the extended leg in. He placed his foot over the now bent knee and logged his upward facing knee into his armpit and turned as far back as he could. Kirishima tried his best to mirror it.

"Darling, you're doing it wrong."

Kirishima smiled into his knee. Katsuki was in a good mood. He hardly ever called Kirishima names like darling or sweetheart. Idiot or Shitty Hair were far more common.

"We all can't be that flexible." Once upon a time, Kirishima was that flexible, but time hasn't been kind to him.

"Usually, you enjoy my particular skill set." .

Kirishima snorted and unfolded himself, watched Katsuki switch to the other side of his body and recontort into the mirror of the original position. He raised onto his knees and waited and watched Katsuki get into that one position that he loved so much—one foot firmly on the ground, the other leg raised so his heel touches his behind, arms extended high above his head. He was completely stable. Kirishima was sure he would be wobbling like crazy, but Katsuki doesn't even have to shift his foot to stay balanced.

He scooted over until his shoulder was under Katsuki's knee. Katsuki rested some of his weight onto his shoulder, pressed the opposite hand into his other shoulder.

"Hey," Kirishima said, pressing his cheek into Katsuki's thigh.

"Hey."

"Do you know you're beautiful?"

Katsuki smirked. "I had a vague inkling, yeah."

Dipping his fingers into Katsuki's waistband, he said, "I love you."

"You, too," murmured Katsuki. He said the word love, actually vocalized it, on very rare occasions. The last time was the night before but Kirishima was sure Katsuki would deny that it happened. He said it so many times that Kirishima thinks he's spent his I love you quota for the first three years of their relationship, at least. It doesn't bother him, really. Kirishima says it enough for the both of them, and he knows that Katsuki says it in unorthodox ways. When he does things like make sure Kirishima remembers to eat or asks Kirishima if he's seen his eye doctor because hey, its been 6 months since his last appointment and he needs to keep on top of his visits or else Katsuki will beat his ass. 

"Can you keep yourself upright like this, do you think?" Kirishima asked, because suddenly the idea of fellating Katsuki while he stood with one knee braced against his shoulder was one image he couldn't push from his mind.

"I swear, all you think about is sex." Of course Katsuki knew what was going through his mind.

Kirishima laughed and pulled Katsuki's pajama bottoms down until they were held down by the peaks of his hip bones. "Could be. But can you?"

"I think so, yeah," Katsuki muttered. In response, Kirishima grinned.

Word Count: 2171
August 10, 2020

im so sorry this is not only late, but really short as well. im working and have got a million other writing projects im trying to get together as well as trying to plan a trip to visit my father. im also trying my best to spend as much time with my fiancé (on video games) as possible fjfhshfhf there's a lot going on.

but thanks for 1.65K followers and like... what 20K+ reads. that's wack man.

please check out my other story called NEPENTHE. it's my baby.

and keep an eye out for my new Kiribaku fic called "Summer & Other Feelings"💕

-StarsNeverLanding

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

29.6K 885 16
GO READ BOOK ONE: Dying Love (BakuKiriKami) Kaminari realizes he's fallen for his two best friends, Bakugou and Kirishima, but it's more than just cr...
79.9K 2.3K 11
How do you save someone who doesn't want saved? Oikawa refuses to admit that he's struggling. His hands are bruised and his eyes are tired. He puts o...
139K 2.5K 40
[Being revamped/rewrote] Bakugou is a rich snob. He meets up with a wealthy businessman, Todoroki, to discuss buying property together. Bakugou and...
68.6K 4.8K 14
It's gonna be angsty bois. Sorry. Also told from Katsuki's pov, which is kind of new for me. Also, no quirks! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ We close our eyes...