sincerely, r

By starynightae

We'll meet each other one day. We promise. Sincerely, BTS -bts letter fic- -plot and dialogue included- -co... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy eight
seventy nine
eighty
eighty one
eighty two
eighty three
eighty four
eighty five
eighty six
eighty seven
eighty eight
eighty nine
ninety
ninety one
ninety two
ninety three
ninety four
ninety five
ninety six
ninety seven
ninety eight
ninety nine
one hundred
one hundred one
one hundred two
one hundred three
one hundred four
one hundred five
one hundred six
one hundred seven
one hundred eight
i'm having a bad day deal with this
insta
one hundred nine
one hundred ten
one hundred eleven
one hundred twelve
one hundred thirteen
one hundred fourteen
one hundred fifteen
one hundred sixteen
one hundred seventeen
one hundred eighteen
one hundred nineteen
one hundred twenty
one hundred twenty one
one hundred twenty two
one hundred twenty three (final)

twenty nine

1.2K 78 16
By starynightae

"What are you wearing?" Jin raised an eyebrow through the phone, looking me up and down as I tied the apron around me.

"Oh!" I held up my foot, my balance a little off. "You noticed my socks!"

"And your sweatshi-is that Chimmy?" Jin squinted, looking at my socks. I nodded excitedly and put my foot down.

"Jimin sent me an entire box of things!" I smiled widely, watching Spots and Ozzy jump start each other in the family room. "Wasn't that so sweet of him?"

"Mhm." Jin glanced away, standing up straight. "So nice of him." My smile fell slowly, watching Jin turn around to grab a container.

"Jinnie?" My heart hurt. "Are you okay? Did I say something?" Jin whirled around quickly, pushing the container aside to lean closer to his phone.

"No no no, it's not you. No, nothing is your fault." He spoke quickly, shaking his head while doing so.

"Is there something I can do to help?"

"Take off his sweatshirt. You aren't his." (kj)

"Is that a piano?" Jin squinted past her figure, looking at the upright piano behind her. Rebecca turned her head to look at it as well, nodding once she met Jin's eyes. "You play?"

"Since I was 6." Rebecca smiled, watching Jin's expressions. "Want me to play you a song?"

"Please."

Rebecca picked up her phone, stopping to pet the two dogs. "You two need to quiet." And then to Jin, "They love listening to me play. It's usually how I calm them down before we go to bed." Jin smiled, admiring how much she cared about the dogs. She's so, so full of emotion. "Uhm, what should I play?"

"What song do your fingers always jump to?" Jin made his way to the couch, Taehyung and Jungkook quiet as they watched and listened. The video game was paused, the TV silented. It was her voice that made them stop.

It takes a lot to draw the boys' attention from the video game.

"You've played for 16 years, your fingers must have a favorite song." Jin continued, Taehyung folding his legs underneath him, listening intently.

"They do have a favorite song." Rebecca smiled softly, setting the phone against the piano, angled so he could see the keys and her hands. "I have the melody tattooed on my finger." She showed her finger to Jin, his admiration for her skyrocketing.

And so she began, letting her fingers dance oh so delicately She played so softly, so full of emotion. Her eyes drifted closed, this particular song muscle memorized since she was 15. The boys absorbed the single notes themselves, then letting them mend together to form the mesmerizing melody.

Hallelujah.

Yoongi too, halted his walk to the kitchen, listening to the song from the phone, only catching the final seconds of her music. But those final seconds were still as beautiful as the beginning.

"A four note chord." He mumbled to himself, recognizing the skill. "I hate those."

Jimin and Taehyung erupted into applause once she finished, Jin refusing to move the camera from his face and continue to stare in shock. Yoongi sat his book down and applauded as well, walking behind Jin to wave to Becca.

"That was amazing Rebecca." Yoongi smiled gently, Rebecca going crazy on the inside.

Min Yoongi himself....was complimenting her....

She always looked up to Yoongi, watching him play, learning how he put emotion in the piano. She learned his version of I Need U on the piano.

"Hi Yoongi." She waved nervously, a little embarrassed that he had been listening to her.

"Becca I'm here too!" Taehyung cried, jumping onto Jin and shoving his face into the phone. "See?!" He showed off his boxy smile just as Jungkook jumped on top of him, Jin still trapped on the bottom.

"Hi Becca~" Jungkook winked, moving his eyebrows as well. "You-"

"Are you wearing a Jimin sweatshirt?" Taehyung angled the phone down at his face, Jin somehow still holding it up to show all four of them. "Bex-"

"Rebecca." Yoongi narrowed his eyes, shoving Taehyung down further. "I thou-"

"But you're m-" Jungkook strained his neck to fit in the frame, but fell to the floor with Taehyung once Jin shoved them off.

"Okay, back to baking!"

_*_*_

"I know you have a story behind every ring." Hoseok grinned, sipping his smoothie, not noticing Becca yawn in the camera.

"Every ring?" Rebecca held out her chain, the necklace holding several rings.

"Every ring." Hoseok nodded, now focussing on her fully.

"Well the bee ring," Rebecca held up the gold ring. "My friend Cerys and I have the same one. She sent it to me one day," She looked down at the ring, tapping the bee lightly. "Saying 'I'll always BEE there for you.'" Hoseok and Rebecca both smiled at the pun. "So we just had to buy it together." Hoseok nodded along to each story, loving the one she has with Rachel.

"You guys bought a snake ring to tell people to back off?"

"Yes." Rebecca laughed, tracing her finger across the silver metal. "It sounds dumb now, but I love each and every story they tell." A glint caught her eye. "Oh! Sophie! Sophieeeee." Rebecca looked up at Hoseok. "You're her bias."

"Really?" Hoseok perked up, his eyes wide, heart smile on his lips.

"Really." Rebecca held up her hand, showing the bracelet, the one beside Namjoon's. "We got a bracelet together despite everyone else getting rings. We're cool that way." Rebecca smiled to herself, her mood going up even more as she thought of her friends. "You have no idea how hard it is to not tell them I'm talking with you all."

"I have a plan." Hoseok grinned, tapping his fingers together evilly. "It involves a book."

"Oh boy."

- Several Minutes Later -

"Ahh!" Rebecca laughed, using her old phone to text Rachel, her friend. "You won't believe what she said!"

Hoseok's plan was smart, Rebecca couldn't deny that. She had to tell her friends that she was writing a book where the girl in the book was texting BTS and she needed to know an accurate reaction from her friend. And of course, Rachel complied, always willing to help Rebecca with book ideas.

"She said, 'What do'- actually she said she'd freak out for a bit, the classic keyboard smash and all. But she said she'd ask what they talk about, how often do you talk, stuff like that." Rebecca typed something quick to respond as Hoseok laughed. "Oh this is such a Rachel thing to say. She said 'do they know that I'll kick their ass if they hurt you?'" Rebecca shook her head with a smile, Hoseok's laughter increasing, Namjoon walking in, confused.

"What's going on?" He smiled and waved at Rebecca before sitting next to Hoseok, taking a chip from his bag.

"We're getting one of Becca's friend's reaction for if she was texting us." Hoseok waved his hand. "She threatened to kick our asses if we hurt Bex."

"I don't know why she's so protective-oh boy." Rebecca covered her mouth as she laughed. "I can't stand her." She lowered her hand, a wide smile on her face. "'I don't care if they are major public figures and live on the other side of the earth from me. I will fly to them and beat them up if they hurt you even slightly.'"

"I'm scared." Namjoon widened his eyes, scratching his nose. "I'll kick my own ass in hope for a compromise."

"Funny thing is, you're her bias Joonie." Rebecca texted a thank you and tossed her old phone aside, grinning. "She looks up to you."

"I did-"

"She's so protective of you." Hoseok changed the topic, wanting to get his thoughts out before he forgot. "You guys must be really close." Rebecca nodded and touched her necklace of rings, her fingers finding the snake one.

"We are."

_*_*_

Becca
i mean it jimin

Becca
be gentle with yourself

Jimin
i will becca

Jimin
only because you told me too

Becca
alright goofy

Becca
just stay safe, okay?

Jimin
i will becca

The text screen disappeared and was replaced with Jungkook's face, him Face Timing her, well, calling her to. She smiled and rolled her eyes, answering his call. There Jungkook sat, same place as last night, grinning widely and holding Cooky.

"Look for a box in the mail coming in a few days." Jungkook wiggled his eyebrows, literally his favorite thing to do when he was talking with Becca. "I'm going to drown you in presents."

"Noooo." Rebecca stuck out her bottom lip. "No you guys don't have to send me so much-" Jungkook held up his pointer finger, shaking his head slowly.

"Hush honey, we'll do whatever we want." Jungkook smiled, giving her a wink. "We're older."

"You're still a child." Rebecca shot back, opening her laptop again, the one Jimin bought for her.

"So are you Baby." Jungkook threw Cooky behind him, putting his feet up on the table and pulling out his phone, using his tablet to call Becca.

"Did he just call me Baby-" (r)

"I don't really have anything to say." Jungkook spoke as he scrolled through his phone, Rebecca rubbing away her blush. "But I wanted your company."

"Well, I'm going to be writing." Rebecca nodded, pulling up Wattpad and the new chapter. "I'll talk if you find something to talk about." Jungkook hummed in response, still on his phone, a frown on his face.

Rebecca typed away, putting her full attention on her work, not noticing Jungkook's crumbling face. She's been up all night talking with the boys. Ten am for her, a whole 24 hours passed from the last time she slept. Spots barked from behind her, causing Becca to jump.

After she had looked behind her to make sure the puppy was okay, her eyes flickered up to Jungkook in her screen. Her eyes stopped, noticing the extra sparkles in Jungkook's eyes, his eyes still looking down at his phone. Then she noticed the tears falling down his face.

He cried silently, yet made no effort to cover his weakness. He didn't move once to wipe away his tears. He trusted Rebecca enough to cry in front of her.

"Jungkookie," She spoke softly, slowly closing her laptop, Jungkook's thumb freezing. "Turn off your phone." She too has seen all the negativity across Twitter and other social platforms. But even after her words, Jungkook still looked at his phone, all of those hurtful words stabbing his heart. "Please Jungkook, look at me." Her voice held a hint of desperation. That hurt Jungkook too. He turned off his phone and sat it down.

"Becca..."

"I know Jungkook, I know."

_*_*_*_

"She ran, and so did he. They ran so fast to reach each other." I switched the chord, my phone angled at my hands once again. "And they finally met. They finally hugged after so long. After going through so much without each other, they had each other now, right in their arms." I played a different chord, looking at my FaceTime call with Jungkook. After reassuring him for an hour, complimenting everything about him, he told me he was tired.

But he was afraid of falling asleep alone.

So here we are. Me playing piano in the background as I told him a treasured story of mine. And Jungkook was finally asleep, his sleeping face all I could see on my screen. I released the chord, letting go of the damper pedal even softer.

I held my phone in front of me, smiling gently at him, contemplating if I should say it or not.

"Sleep well Kook." I bit my lip and nodded to myself. "I love you Jungkook." Just as I pressed the end button, I heard his response.

"I love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 1.1K 19
Yoongi didn't expect any of it at all. A big crush on a leather-clad sunshine-smiled beast of a man or the adventures that came with him. Getting lo...
16.3K 1.9K 40
PARK JIMIN "we were just two tender adults who got involved with each other in ways to satisfy each other's needs. we were trying hard to forget some...
236K 9.8K 38
COMPLETED "I think I'm falling for someone. She was right beside me the whole time. I don't know why it took me this long to realize." "W-who's the...
751K 33.4K 37
| In which Jeongguk asked Taehyung who is secretly in love with him for three years now for help on how to win his crush's heart. "I'm hurt by the fa...