๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ {๐๐š๐ฆ๐จ๏ฟฝ...

By bbeautifulchaos

i was different. and no, i don't mean the stereotypical "i'm not like every one else" different, (well that... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
The Woods
It's You
Those Eyes
We Meet Again
New Friends?
Friday Night & Bright Lights
Author's Note - IMPORTANT
Dancing, Deals, and Damon
Author's Note
I'm Going Crazy
Bippity, Boppity, Boop
Just Friends
Surprise, Surprise
Scary Day...
...Even Scarier People
Not So Happy Birthday
Some Things Are Simply BS
Goodbyes and Goodnight Thoughts
Another "Normal" Day in Mystic Falls
A Roadtrip to Remember
Suspicions and Internalized Misogyny
Just a Little Message
Dancing with the Devil
hello kitty and the scooby doo gang
๐ฆ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ซ๐จ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ
2023 update

Curiosity Killed the Cat

1.8K 69 69
By bbeautifulchaos

I leaned back into the chair I was sitting in, a shocked expression on my face. I just sat there, not knowing what to say.

Because after hearing what I just heard, you would've done the same thing. Wow, just wow.

You're probably confused, right? Let's go back to an hour ago when Damon started explaining everything. Well obviously not everything, but enough to make question everything I thought I knew.

————About an hour ago————

"Damon, start talking or I'm leaving," I said, crossing my arms over my chest and making a stern facial expression.

I was trying to be bossy but stopped when he started laughing. I sighed, turned around, and started walking to the front door.

"Wait," I stopped in my tracks, not turning around just yet. "I'll talk, just come sit down."

"I thought so," I said as I turned around and started walking back.

I sat down in the chair closest to me and sat on the edge, not getting too comfortable in case I had to run away. What? I don't trust him completely yet. Or at all, really.

Damon poured himself another serving of his bourbon and brought the bottle back with him when he sat down.

"It all started in 1839, the year I was born." He began, looking distant as if having a flashback.

"Wait, a second?" He looks to me, "you're saying you were born in the 19th century?"

He nodded and I mumble to myself quietly, "That means he's over a century and a half years old."

"Yep, 170 years old," he says, making me look up to him in shock.

"How'd you hear that? I didn't say that loud enough," I ask in confusion. How would he have heard me? I was basically whispering.

He chuckled and pointed to his right ear, "People like me have really good hearing, but I'll explain that later," he says after seeing the confusion on my face.

"Anyways," he continued as waving his free hand around. "I had a pretty normal life back then."

"Until I met her," he looks off to the side, distantly as if having a flashback.

----3rd Person POV----
Mystic Falls, 1864

Damon had just come back from serving his time in the war. When he came back to his hometown, the one thing he was happy about was to see his brother, Stefan.

Luckily for Damon, he not only received his brother when he returned but a beautiful orphan that went by the name of Katherine Pierce.
————
Katherine emerged from the open door with her handmaiden by her side. She watched with a smile on her face as they tossed the ball back and forth to each, tousling around.

She interrupted their fun, "Who needs rules?" Her dress swayed with each step forward she took on the back porch.

The two boys halted their actions and stared at the beauty, giving her their full attention. They came closer to her as she descended down the stairs, holding her dress up, "Mind if I join you?"

Stefan, out of breath, walked to her, "Uh, well, you could, uh—you could get hurt." Damon walked off to the side, eyes tracking Katherine the entire time.

Stefan gestured to Damon, "My brother likes to play rough." She laughed and stared at Damon, a grin coming across her face.

She turns back to Stefan, "Somehow, I think you play rougher," she steps toward him and snatched the ball away, laughing while running away, waiting for him to chase after her.

Stefan stared after her when Damon spoke up, "Why are you standing there?" His brother looked to him, "That is a girl who clearly wants to be chased."

Damon looked in the direction the girl ran before looking back to his brother, "If you don't do, I will," he said before taking off running after her, Stefan soon following after.

As the weeks went on, Katherine Pierce has the two brothers following behind her like lost puppies but fighting like pit bulls when it came to her affection.

————3rd Person POV————
Mystic Falls, Present Tense

The two sat in their seats. The girl, Y/N, looked conflicted. She opened her mouth to speak before closing it. She was at a loss for words.

The man, Damon spoke instead, "Well, you see, Katherine wasn't the girl we thought she was."

Y/N began to speak, "So, who was she?" She was on the edge of her seat, waiting to know the mystery of the woman named Katherine.

"What my brother and I didn't know at the time was Katherine was using mind compulsion to make us not be afraid of her and to keep her secret from everyone, even each other," Damon said before grabbing the bottle of bourbon and drinking from it.

————1st Person POV————

"So neither of you knew that she wanted you
both?" He shook his head. I continued with the questions, "How did you know that she was compelling you?"

He shifted in his chair, "Well, once someone is a vampire, this is either during or after their transition-"

I cut him off, "What do mean 'transition'?" I lean forward some, "I thought once you died with vampire blood in your system, you were automatically a vampire."

"Not exactly. When you come back, you have two options, well technically three."

He held up his index finger, "You can decide not to be a vampire and perish." He held up his middle finger, "You can decide to be a vampire and drink human blood."

"So, what's the third?" I ask, curious. Maybe I shouldn't be too curious, you know, with curiosity killing the cat. Down to 8 lives.

"Once you fed off a human, you can feed off animals like my sweet brother, Stephy." He drinks from the bottle, slightly wincing, "He wasn't always like that though." He mumbles under his breath.

"So that's what can happen when or if you decide to transition..." I trailed off thinking of this new information.

"Anyways, back to what I saying earlier, once you come back, you'll remember bits and pieces of when you were compelled. And once you're transition, you'll remember everything."

I raised my index finger in the air, "I have a question."

He turns to me and chuckles, "You seem to be full of those today. What is it?"

"Can vampires compel other vampires?" I ask, noting that I'm down to 7 lives now.

"Nope, but we can compel humans." He says flashing me a quick smirk.

"So, earlier, that's what you were trying to do?" That makes more sense now, I don't even know why it didn't work on me, I just knew it wouldn't. Down to 6 lives—I better stop before I'm all out.

He nods, "Actually, I was wondering why it didn't work. I just guessed you had vervain in your system."

When my eyebrow raises, he explains, "All that crap about vampires and garlic, holy water, crucifixes—it's all fake."

"What about entering someone's house?" Geez, Y/N, really suicidal aren't you?

"Now that is true, we have to be invited in by whoever lives there, otherwise we can't come in."

I nod my head and wave my hand for him to continue, "Vervain is dangerous to vampires." He leans back in his chair, "If a human has it in their system, you can't compel them and if you feed on them, you'll wish you hadn't."

"Another question," I must have a death wish, "How did you die?" 4 down, 5 left.

"It's a funny story actually," he laughs turning his attention away from his bourbon and back to me, "My father and the men of the town found out about Katherine and some other vampires from a... source I will not name."

"So one night, they came for her and everyone else, so when Stefan and I found out about this, we tried to help." He games a sharp inhale, "When my father discovered our betrayal, he..."   he lets out a dark chuckle, "well, he shot us both."

"Wow, just wow." I run my hand across my face, shocked. I look up to see him staring at me, "It's ironic, isn't it?"

3 left, I'm treading on thin ice right now.

"What do you mean?" He asks, eyebrows raised.

"One of the people who brought you into this world was the same one who took you out of it," I said quietly. Even though that wasn't a question, I'm at 2 lives.

Damon nods his head before tilting it, "I guess so." He leaned forward, "Have any other questions?"

My head nods against my wishes, "Actually yes, I do." I clear my throat and sit closer to the edge of the chair.

"Are you going to hurt me? Know that I know everything?" I try my hardest to keep my eyes on him.

He stood and I felt like my heart was pounding out of my chest. When he started walking towards me, I sat closer to the edge of the chair.

Once he reached me, he squinted his eyes at me before reaching out and placing his hands on the sides of my face.

He sighs, "I could if I wanted to, but..." he trails off, leaving me with heavy breathing and wide eyes.

"But what?" I ask as he places his hands onto my shoulders.

"But, I don't know if I should." He stands up fully, removing his hands, "You see, I could erase your memory, but seeing as how it didn't work earlier, it's not going to work now."

He paced back and forth before stopping and slowly turning back to me, "I could let you go or I could just kill you," he said with a smirk.

"I wouldn't tell anyone, you have my word. I would keep my shout shut and forget you ever told me anything." I say standing up quickly, my heart racing.

"Hmm..." he moves out out my way, "Go then."

I don't hesitate a second before quickly making my way over to the front door. I turned my head and looked back to see if he was still standing there.

I was confused when I didn't see him until a hand touched my shoulder. I turned around only for Damon to be standing right in front of me.

A gasp left my mouth, "How did get there?"

He tilted his head and smirked, "Us vamps have a little something called super speed."

I back up some, panic starting to creep in. "Damon, what's going on?"

He steps forward, almost menacingly, "Calm Down."

I let out a shaky laugh, "Calm down? You want me to calm down?" I ask looking at him like he's ridiculous.

"Yes, I want you to calm the hell down," he says and I can't believe it.

"How am I going to calm down when some psychotic vampire is trying to kill me?!" I ask, incredulous.

"I'm not going to hurt you, idiot," he says coming forward to me.

Getting more scared, I reach into the inside of my jacket pocket and pull out the knife. I point it at Damon.

"Step back." He stops walking forward and rolls his eyes at me.

He leans on the wall, "You really think some knife is going to hurt me," he says as he stands back up.

"Damon, please. Just let me go," I plead as I step closer."

"Okay," he says, "You're free to go."

I shuffle around him, knife still in hand. When he steps me again, I panic and try to stab him.

"Jesus, calm down." I shake my head and try to stab him again. If I can just get him down, it'll be easy to get away.

Damon tried taking the knife away from me as he looks at me like I'm crazy. How am I the crazy one when he's trying to kill me?!

I lunge forward, trying to cut him somewhere, when he moves out the way, causing me to fall on the floor.

I let out a yell when a searing pain cane from my abdomen. I trailed my gaze down to see I had accidentally stabbed myself with my own knife.

I started hyperventilating, getting more scared when the blood began to seep through my jacket and shirt.

Damon knees down beside me and pulls out the knife. Tears are rolling down my face as I feel myself starting to get light-headed.

"Damon..." I whimper out. He punches the bridge of his nose, as he looks at me.

"I wasn't trying to hurt you, you idiot." He grabs my shoulders and sets me up against the wall.

"Am I going to die?" I ask, holding my hand to the wound.

"Not if I can help it. Let me help you. I can give you my blood," he says as he moves my hair out of my face.

I shake my head, "No..no, no." He gives me the 'what do you mean?' look. "If I let you...give me blood... you'll kill me and turn me into a monster like you."

He rolls his eyes, "Do you really think I'm that heartless?" He laughs as a smirk appears, "Actually, I may just be that heartless."

I coughed and leaned my head back against the wall. Damon sighed, "C'mon Y/N. Let me help you." He pointed to my stomach, "You could die."

I slowly shake my head, my eyelids starting to droop as if heavy weights were placed on top of them. He shakes me gently, "Hey, hey. Eyes open."

I watched as he raises his wrist to his mouth, biting into it before pulling away. He brought it up to my mouth, "It's okay."

I shook my head, mumbling as his blood went into my mouth and down my throat.

He looked up at the ceiling, "Drink up. Drink it up," he looked back down when I leaned up trying to get more, "Don't drip."

When I grabbed ahold of his arm, he sighed, "There you go. Good girl." He rested his chin on top of my head, "That's it."

————

It was dark. Light slowly appeared as my eyes fluttered open. I let out a groan as I looked around, trying to get my eyes adjusted to the light.

"Hello, Sleeping Beauty. Looks like you've come to the world of the living," he laughs, "or should I say dead?"

I raise my head, "Damon?" I ask groggily.

"Present," he says as he looks over to see me yawn as I sit up leaning against the headboard of the bed I was lying in.

I look around the room and notice a camera sitting on a desk in front of the bed. There are art supplies there as well. That's when I notice I'm in my room.

"How'd we get here?" I ask, looking over to Damon.

"Well, you passed out after I gave you my blood and I brought you back here," he says nonchalantly as he turns the page in whatever book he's reading.

I pull the cover off of my body and look down at my stomach. A small gasp leaves my mouth. What in the world?

"How?" I lift my shirt up and only see the dried blood. "It's gone, the cut—how?"

"Vampire blood can heal humans, obviously can't cure cancer, but it helps with sickness, cuts, etc," he says as he keeps reading the book.

I move my feet off to the side of the bed and get down. I stretch a little before walking over to my dresser. I pull out a long t-shirt and some shorts.

I reached down to the bottom of my shirt and was about to start pulling it off when a voice interrupted me, "Ooh, free show."

I turned around and tilted my head at Damon, "Haha, real funny."

He smirks at me, "What?" I walked up to him and slapped his arm. He only laughed at me. This man is infuriating.

"I wouldn't mind getting a free show..." he says as his hand slowly travels up my arm. "Especially if it were from you."

I cough and turn around, trying to fight back the heat, and the little smile creeping onto my face. "Yeah, in your dreams."

I grab my clothes and am about to walk out of my room to go to the bathroom when something stops me. I turn around and call his name.

He looks up at me, "How did you get in my house the other week?"

He puts the book in his lap, keeping his finger on the page, "Fun Fact: A vampire can't enter your house without your permission."

He smirks again, "Now, whenever I wanna come in, I don't need your permission."

My eyebrows furrow a little. Knowing Damon, he might take a sneak at my underwear drawer.

"Hmm, well I'm gonna go take a shower." I turn around and start walking to the bathroom.

He calls my name, getting my attention, "Also, don't make a habit of letting strangers inside of your house."

"Noted," I say as I'm about to enter the bathroom, "Oh, and Damon?" I turn around to see him looking at me.

"Don't even think about going in my underwear drawer."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 75 7
๐Ÿฉธโš”๏ธ ๊’ฆ๏ธถ ๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ฝ๐‘จ๐‘ด๐‘ท๐‘ฐ๐‘น๐‘ฌ ๐‘ซ๐‘ฐ๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘ฐ๐‘ฌ๐‘บ เผ‰โ€ง หš โœŽโ•‘๏ผข๏ผฏ๏ผฏ๏ผซ ๏ผฏ๏ผฎ๏ผฅ โ˜ ๏ธ โ‹†หš.*. โ™ฐ.หš.โ‹† ๊’ฅ๊’ท.*ยทหš THฮฃ ฮ”RT ฮฉา’ PRฮฃTฮฃฮ D โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€ ๏ฝฅ ๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜…: *.โ˜๏ธŽ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ.* :โ˜†๏พŸ. โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”...
84K 1.8K 55
Before you read the summary of this book I would like you all to know that there is a NEW VERSION of this book that has a better plotline, more origi...
14.3K 658 11
Whenever I read books or watch some movies or tv shows, I always say that the MC should have done it differently then whatever they faced would've en...
9K 813 24
Remember the awful shower scene with Sang? That scene is now reimagined with Sang not being human and drawing her true mates to her in order to resc...