Petals & Thorns | Fred Weasle...

By toxmaxdox

"Now do you know what you get when you mix green and red together?" The words were harsh, angry sounding. "A... More

epiagraph
A playlist for you
part one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
ninteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
part two
thirty
thirty-one

twenty-two

1.2K 48 8
By toxmaxdox

SONG OF THE CHAPTER -
every rose has its thorn • poison

The Prefect meeting was called to order by Addy telling everyone to shut up. A charming greeting, but effective. Tyler tried to sustain his laughs at their scared faces, but failed miserably. "Alright, now I that I have your attention," Addy laughed. "I'm pleased to inform you of your nightly patrols!" She grinned. "Now, I'll have a list made up. It's pretty straight forward, you'll patrol the same times with the same partner each night of the week. Tyler and I will have Monday's, Friday's and Sunday's, we'll take the latest patrol. You guys can find your times and days on this," she levitated a piece of parchment and landed it in front of the student closest to her. "If you can't patrol for any reason, let us know and we'll get someone to cover you."

"Again, if you have any questions, please find us. Addy usually has her long nose buried in a textbook, she won't be hard to spot." Tyler laughed at his own comment, causing her to give him a slight shove.

"And you can find Tyler hitting on a poor sixth year, anywhere in the castle." This caused another chorus of laughter amongst the group. "Along with your patrols, you will be allowed to deduct house points. In saying this, it can only be from your own house. It's a certain way to ensure that you won't misuse your power. Please use it if you must, other than that, it's just a minor detail."

"We expect you guys to be on your best behaviour at any given moment. You are the model students for our school. Don't mistreat the title. On Hogsmeade trips, you will also be expected to keep an eye on everyone." Tyler added. She gave a nod of agreement.

"Now, the Prefect's bathroom is to only be used by us, the password will change monthly. You'll come to us to get it. The password for September is Fizzing Whizbee's." She announced, looking down at her parchment. "Given your power, you will be excused one hour past the ten o'clock curfew due to patrol time. Don't run about past ten, only be out unless you're needed or on your shift."

"Then what's the point of a curfew extension?" Pansy Parkinson asked, causing a look of confusion from both the Head Boy and Girl.

"She just explained it, Pansy. Please listen next time." Tyler chided. "Now, along with the comment about best behaviour, do not use the title to scare other students." He shot a look at Pansy and Draco.

"That's about it for today, we'll be having another meeting at the same time next month unless a situation arises in the meantime. Do your duty to this school." Addy finished with a note of pride. The children grabbed their books after giving the last glance down at the schedule. Tyler left with the crowd. The only two left in the room were Draco and Adalinda.

"You trying out for the Quidditch team this year?" Draco asked, shoving his textbooks in his school bag. She thought for a moment, but shook her head.

"I'll stay out of that mess. You?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "Anyway, how are you?" He finally asked. She gave a slight shrug.

"It's much easier to distract myself when we're at school." Was all she replied. Draco raised an eyebrow, wondering what she was hinting at. "Not like that, you git!" She smacked his shoulder. "I meant with classes, nimwit."

"No need to get yourself in a fit, Addy." He laughed at her reaction. "But really, you're alright?"

"Yeah, I am. Things have become a lot easier now that I'm used to them." She wouldn't dare tell Draco of her true allegiance. She trusted him, but he was susceptible to Voldemort's mind games. The secret was much safer staying in her own head. She trusted Fred because he wouldn't be in a situation where he'd come close to The Dark Lord.

"Well I'm glad. I'm worried about you, you know. I'm always here if you need to talk." He gave a small smile. "Now, lets go eat?" She nodded, and the two left the barren classroom.

"I've got to meet up with Fred and George to help them with their potions assignment." She informed as they walked.

"Should you be with them so openly? I mean, I don't care, but if someone finds out..." he trailed off.

"I have specific orders, and I'm allowed to associate with other people now. I have to, actually." She muttered the words, ensuring no looming ears would pick up on the conversation.

"Right, well, just be careful of Pucey. He's been giving you an awful eye since he saw you last night. I figure he might come back around now that Flint is gone."

"No, I think he scared the wits out of him enough last year. Marcus is a scary bloke at the best of times, let alone when he's angry." The two chuckled, agreeing on the statement. They made their way to the Great Hall, taking their seats at the end of the table. Addy picked out a sandwich and placed it on her plate. A mug filled to the brim with tea appeared in front of her. She smiled at it.

Cassius and Graham joined them, along with Crabbe and Goyle. They made small talk about their first day back, but stayed otherwise silent. Addy finished her meal and pulled out her potions textbook, opening to the newest one they'd learned about. She went over the ingredients, thinking about the essay she'd have to write about it. After a moments worth of nothing interesting, she excused herself. "I'll catch you tossers later. I've got a date with the library." She stood, her book clad under her arm. They all mumbled goodbyes, and she left again. The hallways were mostly empty when she walked down them. The library was student-less, too. She took a seat at her favourite table, furthest away from Pince. She checked her watch, noticing she was there early. The boys wouldn't be along for another few minutes.

She pulled some parchment and a quill out, setting them on her desk. She pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose, annoyed that they were falling off. She divulged into a world of potions, writing her opening paragraph. Bloody Snape and his two-foot essay on the first day. She scribbled down the potions effects, and what would happen if brewed wrong. Before she knew it, she heard the door opening again. When she looked up, she expected to see the bright faces of the Weasley twins. Instead, she saw a cold snarl from none other than Adrian Pucey himself. She sighed, placing her quill down. "To what do I owe this great pleasure?" He sat beside her, a bit too close for her liking.

"I was wondering if you missed me over the summer?" He leaned towards her. "Went the whole thing without a single letter." His words were quiet, but cold.

"Were you expecting one?" She scoffed. "You're bloody lucky I didn't get you expelled last year, let alone write you a letter." She went to pick up her quill again, but he grabbed her wrist. She shot him a glare and shook his hand from her arm. "Do not touch me."

"I thought maybe we could rekindle the relationship? Bury the hatchet, maybe." He leaned towards her, swooping a piece of blonde hair from her face. She pushed him back.

"That's less likely than me kissing a blast-ended skrewt." She scooted her chair away from him.

"Come on, Adalinda." He placed his hand on the back of her seat, gripping it tightly. Her teeth clenched as well as her fists. "After all, we were supposed to get married."

"Get away from me, Pucey." She seethed. He leaned forward and placed a kiss on her cheek. She drew her wand.

"She said get away from her, Adrian." A voice boomed from the doorway.

"You best be going, now." A similar sounding boy spoke. They both looked up to see Fred and George standing in front of them. Adrian let out a scoff.

"Really? This is your company now?" He stood, pushing the chair roughly into the table. "If you were pathetic before, I can't imagine what I'd call this."

"They're better than you could ever dream to be." She snapped.

"Oh, yeah? Well, we both know you aren't." He gave a side eye to her covered forearm. She ripped it from the table and gave him another glare. "You'll always be daddy's girl, following after his every move." He jeered.

"Get lost," Fred took a step towards him. "You're only making this worse for yourself." Fred towered over Adrian, at least a head taller, if not more. He was built much larger than him, too. He could easily beat him in any kind of fight if he wanted to.

"What're you gonna do, Weasley?" He laughed. "One day, blood-traitors like you will finally be put in your place." He looked between the three of them. Fred grabbed the collar of his shirt and pushed him towards the door. Adrian gave a final look, but turned and left without another word. Fred was scary when he got angry. It was deserved, but it was intimidating. Fred had wanted to do that for a year, now. He jumped at the chance to finally put him in his place. They took a seat at the table, on either side of the trembling girl. She wasn't scared as much as she was angry.

"I'm sorry you had to put up with that." She mumbled, picking up her quill.

"Was he always like that with you?" George asked. She gave a bleak nod "I'm sorry, Addy."

"Don't be," she paused. "Every rose has its thorn, right? I think that's how the saying goes." She finally let a smile break through. "That's in the past. Let's get to this assignment." She said. "Now, I've started mine. I'd let you copy, but Snape might get suspicious." She explained. Fred placed a hand on her leg under the table, tracing circles of comfort on it. She relaxed at the touch, finding her nerves settle. "I've outlined the effects in my book, and I've touched a bit on what happens if it's brewed incorrectly." She pointed out her jotted notes in her text.

"Blimey, you're smart." George took a closer glance at the words inked on the page.

"Nothing else better to other than study." She chuckled. Fred took his turn looking at her notes, giving a small nod. "So, I figured we could reach the length if we just drone on about a single topic for a while. The potion itself really isn't that interesting, two feet is a little excessive. Maybe it's because that Ravenclaw blew up his cauldron." Fred wasn't listening, or he would've laughed. He was caught up in watching her talk, the way her eyes sparkled when she talked about her essay. He admired the way her hair fell in her face, the way her lips moved when she spoke. He couldn't find a will to break free from his trance. He was overwhelmed with adoration.  "Freddie," she snapped her finger in front of his face. He jolted at the surprise.

"Hmm?" He questioned.

"You have to listen if you're going to get a good mark on this." She smiled. Her icy blue eyes grabbed his attention. He found himself zoning out again. "Fred, you twunt." She laughed. "Come on, I have to finish before patrol tonight." She rolled her eyes. He nodded, pulling out his own parchment now. George had already divulged into his, his messy handwriting disgracing the paper. She cringed at the sight, comparing it to her neat paragraphs. It was painful to look at.

She finished writing her paper as the day broke into dusk. The other two weren't far behind her. When they all finished, she shoved her books back in her bag. "Thanks, Ad." George grinned.

"No trouble, Georgie. Now, I must excuse myself. I have to go look out for misbehaving students."

"So, you're practically Filch now?" Fred laughed at his brothers comment.

"Not quite." She grinned. "I might let you sneak a dungbomb into his office later. Just don't let Tyler catch you, he might not be so lenient."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 194 13
Meet Rosabella Anna Weasley. Twin sister to Ginny Weasley. Draco Lucius Malfoy only child of Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy. The families hate each other...
1.9K 144 122
"I'll set fire to this world and it will burn to ashes before I let a single flame touch her. I'd do anything to ensure your survival." he said. I sm...
866K 21.6K 64
Professor Dumbledore and Professor Mcgonagall came late into the night to save you from your father. They would be taking you out of Ilvermorny and t...
9.5K 640 40
*EDITING RN* There's something achingly beautiful about Draco Malfoy. When Grier Langston first arrives at Hogwarts for her 6th year of magical educ...