The Reject

By FlyingAUnicorn

"Home, he felt like home." Willow Greene was 'Rejected' by the most popular guy in school, Hunter Reed, who w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Seventeen More Days, Or Not.
Chapter 2: The New Tenant.
Chapter 3: When The Night Falls.
Chapter 4: An Unexpected Encounter.
Chapter 5: Welcome to Onyxscar.
Chapter 6: Who Are You Trying To Fool?
Chapter 7: The Prince.
Chapter 8: The Breath Of Life.
Chapter 9: The Night Wolf.
Chapter 10: Doctor Rowan To The Rescue.
Chapter 11: If Not Mates Then What?
Chapter 12: Party Panda.
Chapter 13: Jealousy.
Chapter 14: Because You Exist.
Chapter 15: The Night Is Still Young.
Chapter 16: Girlfriend?
Chapter 17: The Attack.
Chapter 18: The Theories.
Chapter 19: Red Alert! Rowan's Gone Crazy!
Chapter 20: Mine.
Chapter 21: Soulmates.
Chapter 22: 'Sole'mate.
Chapter 23: Willow's New Jam.
Chapter 24: Living in Hell Be Like: (Part I)
Chapter 25: Living in Hell Be Like: (Part II)
Chapter 26: Back To School Yay...Sob Sob.
Chapter 27: The Kiss.
Chapter 28: The Alpha.
Chapter 29: Insecurities.
Chapter 30: Prince Rowan's Harem.
Chapter 32: She's Dead.
Chapter 33: #FML.
Chapter 34: How To Earn Money The Quickest.
Chapter 35: Suspicions.
Chapter 36: Kidnapped!
Chapter 37: Willow's Secret Recipe.
Chapter 38: The Heavenly Tour.
Chapter 39: Meeting The Goddess.
Chapter 40: It Comes To Light.
Chapter 41: The Moon's Mark.
Chapter 42: Where's Rowan?
Chapter 43: Marked (Part I).
Chapter 44: Marked (Part II).
Chapter 45: Marked (Part III).
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter I.

Chapter 31: Lark.

14.2K 630 48
By FlyingAUnicorn

One moment Willow was sitting in her class, the next moment she was standing in front of her...house?

Willows eyes widened. What sort of black magic is this? What cult did she join unknowingly? Willow looked to her sides and looked behind her making sure that she was in front of her own house.

Willow stared in shock when she turned around. Normally she would have had jumped and screamed, being creeped in this way, but the person behind her put her in an endless pool of awe.

Behind her stood the most beautiful person she's ever seen. All her life, Willow was sure that Triple had the crown, but the girl in front of her made Triple look like the gum stuck under one's shoe.

The girl who stood before her had the most beautiful green eyes Willow had ever seen. Her eyes were so beautiful, it had Willow wondering if she was wearing lenses. Her smooth black hair was long and shiny as if she just had her hair job done. Her skin, oh her skin! It looked like a delicate porcelain, and if Willow even touched her, she was sure the the girl's skin will break. Her face was all angles and plains, so sharp that she could cut metal with it.

Even though all over it looked like she had spent years in the hospital to perfect her face, it still looked so natural. As if she wasn't wearing lenses nor did she get a hair job or as if she had never had even a single blade touch her face and Willow could believe it.

Willow herself just a week ago found out that she had a Soulmate and he was also the crown Prince of Vampires. Rowan was, after all the most handsome man she'd ever seen. But this girl in front of her, could even put a candle to Rowan the sexiest being.

"Woah!" Said Willow. "You're so beautiful!" Since pretty didn't justify her beauty.

Willow herself wasn't interested in the same gender but she was sure that if she didn't have Rowan, the girl in front of her would have been the love of her life, even if it was one sided.

The girl's face froze. "Open the door." Willow felt that for such a beautiful face, her voice didn't really match. She had expected the Beauty to have a soft melodious voice, but her voice was a but deep, yet it was mellifluous, as if she's singing every word out.

"Of course." Willow said unconsciously, and got to the job, but then she noticed that her bag wasn't with her.

"The key is in my bag, but I can't remember where I placed it." Willow was confused, but she didn't mull over it, she picked the flower pot and slid the key out.

Just before she put the key in the key hole, she snapped out of it. "Wait a minute," Willow looked behind her, at the Beauty. "Who are you? Why should I let you in?"

"I'm a friend of Rowan's." Said the Beauty.

"Oh." Said Willow, she suddenly started feeling down.

Willow unlocked the door, letting the Beauty in. The Beauty walked in like she owned the place. Willow followed her as if she was the guest here.

"Why don't you sit down?" Said Willow trying to take the ownership back.

The Beauty did exactly that, sitting down on the sofa like the Queen that she is, her hair flowing around like a waterfall.

"I think Rowan will be back soon." But Willow didn't know for sure though, she was actually clueless, why was she here? How did she get here? But before she could voice her confusion out, the Beauty opened her mouth.

"I'm hungry."

"Ah?" Said Willow. "Oh, I'll get you something."

Willow rushed to the kitchen to fix up a quick snack. In two minutes she returned with a plate of peanut butter and jelly sandwich since that was the only thing she could make quickly.

"What is this?" Asked Beauty when Willow place the plate on the coffee table.

"It's called PB and J sandwich." Said Willow feeling a sense of deja vu, she was sure that she had to explain the way of peasants to Rowan and Felix as well.

"Did you poison it?"

"Why would I?" Willow was now offended, she agreed that Rowan having such a gorgeous friend made her anxious, but she wouldn't stoop low and poison anyone she'd just bleach their eyebrows, yeah she was very harmless.

Beauty nodded and picked up the sandwich as if she was picking a new and strange species. She bit into the sandwich, her green eyes lighted up. Within ten seconds the sandwich had disappeared.

"I want more." Said Beauty, she then added, like an after thought. "Please."

Willow did make another sandwich and had to rush back to the kitchen to make another, but this time she made three while feeling like a genius.

Willow placed the plate of three sandwiches on the table in front of Beauty. As Beauty was eating her third sandwich, Willow noticed her hair coming on her face.

"Do you want me to help me with that?" Asked Willow pointing at her hair. Beauty stared at her through her thick dark lashes, before nodding. Willow tucked her hair behind her ear. Willow couldn't believe that someone could have hair as soft as Beauty's. Willow could only internally cry at the injustice and enjoy the feeling of her soft hair. "Do you want me to help you tie it up?"

Beauty seemed to think on it, before nodding. Willow ran to her room to get bobby pins and hair ties. She would need a lot of them.

Willow placed them on the table and stood behind Beauty as she munched on the sandwich. Parting her hair in the middle, Willow took the top half of her hair and tied it up and did the same to the other side. Willow rolled the tied up part into a bun, she then took them bobby pins who love playing hide-'n-seek and secured the buns on the both the side.

"You're Rowan's mate?" Said Beauty. "Wait, don't answer that, it's obvious. I can't believe he marked you."

"I know that you don't like me, but you can't really do anything about it."

"And why won't I like you?"

"I get that you like Rowan," Willow continued as if Beauty never talked. "But I'm his mate, his soulmate, and he's mine, my mate. So he won't like you, because you're not his soulmate." Willow said that confidently but in reality she was saying that to reassure herself. Beauty was too beautiful that it made her insecure and anxious.

Willow then noticed something unusual. Beauty's ears weren't curved, no, they were pointy, like faeries. Willow gasped and touched the pointy, long ear only to have Beauty groan out almost as if she was being tortured.

"Don't touch my ear." Beauty said in a husky manner.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me!" Willow apologized.

"How dare you?" Came a voice from the doorway. "Get away from her."

Willow involuntarily flinched. Her anxiety starting to eat her up from the inside. "I'm sorry." Willow bit her lip in order to avoid making it quiver, while taking a step back.

"Willow!" Said Rowan as he marched over to her pulling her in his embrace. "I meant it for him." Said Rowan glaring at Beauty.

"Oh I'm hurt." Said Beauty, putting on a wounded expression. "I thought you missed me, as I did you."

Rowan scrunched his nose. "What is wrong with you? Why are you even here?"

"I told you, I missed you." Said Beauty making Willow clutch on to Rowan's shirt, wrinkling it in the process. "I'm here because I couldn't just sit there and wait for you to mark someone else, you promised me Rowan." Beauty sniffed. "You promised that you'll mark no one but me."

Rowan, noticing Willow looking up at him, rubbed her back. "He's lying, I swear I never said that."

Willow blinked. He? Was Rowan mistaken? Willow looked at beauty and was shocked to see her flat chest—no, his flat chest, which had been covered by his long hair. He was even wearing a tunic and his shoulders stood wide and fit inside the shirt, in a manly way, though they weren't too wide, but they weren't narrow in a feminine way either. He even stood tall, as tall as Rowan.

"Beauty," said Willow. "Is a he?"

Even though Willow found Beauty's true gender, it still didn't ease her anxiety. Beauty did seem interested in Rowan.

"Beauty?" asked Rowan, almost choking, but he seemed to compose himself. "Yes, Beauty is a male."

"How dare you?" Said Beauty. "I'm your future soulmate."

Rowan started at him with a blank face and then flipped the bird at Beauty.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Asked Beauty, furrowing her brows. "I swear this is the third time I'm seeing someone doing that."

Rowan sighed, as if he couldn't believe that Beauty was ignorant to what the middle finger meant.

Rowan turned to Willow. "This is my mate, Willow." He said gesturing at Willow. "And Willow, that's someone I know."

'I'm his future mate.' Mouthed Beauty.

"His name is Beauty." Said Rowan making both of them look at him with a blank face.

"So you agree that I'm the most beautiful." Said Beauty.

Rowan rolled his eyes. "That's Lark, someone who is obsessed with his hair."

"Hey!" Said Lark. "You can't just give away my weaknesses away to my rival."

"He's also a faerie and has very sensitive ears. If you're displeased with him just yell in his ears."

Lark continued grumbling.

"Hold on," said Rowan. "Why are you here?"

"Well that," said Lark. "Can't I come here for a vacation?"

"No." Said Rowan without missing a beat.

"Okay fine," Said Lark and then mumbled something that Willow's ears couldn't hear.

"You're father exiled you?" Rowan's eyes widened.

"Can you be any louder?"

"What did you do to be exiled?" Said Rowan. "Exiled again, should I mention."

"The king thinks that I might be trying to rebel but I'm not, why would I ev—"

"Rowan, Willow, why did you both leave ear—" Willow saw Felix enter the house and then he froze. "What are you doing here?" He said after a long silence.

"Why? Did you miss me?" Said Lark smirking.

Why did Willow feel a sense of deja vu, but the roles might have been changed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 7.7K 12
Luna's have gone extinct. Since birth, you could smell a Luna who was going to one day meet their Alpha mate from miles away. Everyone had forgotten...
3.6M 90.4K 48
#1 in Luna 11.16.2018 #1 in Romantic 3.7.2019 #1 in Suspense 4.8.2019 {Completed} Summary: Charlotte Woods finds herself in a life or death situation...
2.3K 159 49
****in the process of editing**** Iris Bloodmoon, she wanted nothing more than to feel free, to feel normal...but she wasn't normal, far from it. She...
40 1 22
I felt okay,atleast I tried to fake it but everything fell down the moment his warm,hot blue eyes find mine. Landon Asher. My biggest problem. The d...