Paris

By 19RaeNegade

In times where a war between the rich and the poor commences and evil lurks in the darkness, miraculous rebel... More

1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77

4

767 40 6
By 19RaeNegade

Guys! Thank you for being so patient and waiting for those of you who haven't given up on this book yet! I swear, I want to keep writing this book but it still might take some time.

There are other stories I want to finish too before I can get back to this! All's I ask for is a little more of your patience! That's why I'm keeping this on hold for the time being!

Alright, enjoy!

{+}{+}{+}

Marinette's P.O.V

"The nerve of that man!" I ranted, pacing back and forth in my room after wrapping my hand with bandages. I am so livid! Does that feline think he can talk to me like that? The nerve!

Tikki was on my makeup stand eating some cookies that I stole from the kitchen. Her dark blue eyes kept watching me the whole time, carefully observing my movement. I was wondering what she was thinking about with this whole situation.

"Marinette," the small Kwami spoke up, making me stop pacing the floor and cast my gaze over at the creature.

"I know how Chat acted was a little...rude but give him a little remorse. He just lost the person he cared very deeply for and forced to be partnered up with someone brand new."

"He still did not need to take it out on me. It is not like I had much of a choice in the matter either," Marinette huffed, crossing her arms and glaring out the window.

"Marinette..." Tikki sternly spoke, getting the teen's attention again, "No one forced you to make a decision. That was all your own choice to make, and you chose to go into battle even though you were scared."

I stared at the Kwami for a while before a knock on the door came.

"Remember, you cannot tell anyone that I exist," Tikki quickly informed then hid behind the cracked mirror.

"Come in," I called, hiding my bandaged up hand behind my back. The large door opened with a squeak. A maid walked in and bowed with respect.

"It is time for you to get ready for bed, madam," the maid informed, straightening herself. I nodded and followed the elder woman out of the room. As we walked down the hallway, I noticed the servant from the party that accidentally spilled a drink on Nathaniel.

"She is still here?" I thought, staring at her a little longer than I should before turning back forwards. I honestly thought she would have been fired by my mother and left last night. Yet, she is still here.

The maid opened a door for me as we both enter the ladies' room to prepare me for bed. After removing all the makeup, ragged dress with stains and taking out bobby pins from my hair, I was drawn a warm bath. A nightgown was neatly folded on the counter.

Soon, I was back in my room. Thankfully, the maid was too busy to notice my bandages and fuss over it. The door closed behind me and saw the flames within the fireplace had been put out. Walking over to my bed, Tikki flew out from her hiding spot to join me in the comfort of the sheets.

"I never got to ask what happened to your hand. I saw it was injured before you transformed, but you seemed really upset at the time. Were you crying...wait, why do you have a handprint on the side of your face?" Tikki asked. She shook her head, quickly adding, "Never mind! You do not need to tell me! It is none of my business, and you only just met me a few hours ago."

I looked at the small red bug in shock, surprised she even cared. No one has cared for me in many years which lead me to hold in all the pain and feel my emotions slowly go numb. I have never had anyone to talk with, stand by my side when needed the most or trust enough to hold my fragile heart without breaking it again.

Maybe, this can be different.

I turned to face my bedroom's ceiling and stared at it, not wanting to meet Tikki's eyes.

"Actually..." I began, slowly, "I would like to talk to someone to get it off my chest. I am honestly surprised. You are the only one that noticed my injury. Neither, Chat Noir or the maid noticed it."

I sighed in sadness, "I really must be unimportant."

"That is far from the truth!" Tikki argued back.

"Oh, yeah," I laughed, but there was no humor behind it, "You do not know my life, Tikki. Everyone always sees me as this worthless failure that messes up everything and expect things that...that I cannot give. They expect a high-statured lady that fits in when I am nothing but a misfit that stands out."

"You are right..." Tikki admitted.

She paused briefly before continuing, "I do not know you nor the life of rich folk, but you have proven that you are better than them by fighting that Akuma. You went into battle with little thought, protected Paris and came out victorious for your first time."

The powerful spirit flew into my vision and sat on my nose, staring straight into my eyes.

"I bet none of them would have the courage to run towards danger or be as selfless as you have proven to be. You are a very brave and special girl, Marinette. Do not ever let others or yourself say otherwise," she added, smiling brightly.

I gaped like a fish at her beautiful words that I never thought I would deserve. I have been an outcast most of my life and have been punished for standing out, never rewarded. People have always looked down on me like a reject, a puny insect that needed to be exterminated. Yet, here is Tikki telling me otherwise and cares for my well-being. She likes me for me, not my perfect image.

My surprise soon melted away into a small smile and a slight warmth spread into my cheeks.

"Thank you...no one has ever said anything so sweet to me before," I whispered, softly.

"You much well deserve it," she replied. My smile soon faded and a nervous feeling washed over. I bit down on my lower lip and asked, hesitantly, "Do you still want to know how I was given these injuries?"

Tikki flew off my nose and sat down on the pillow next to mine, then said, "Of course, I do. That is if you are willing to share. I will not force you to say anything you are uncomfortable talking about."

I turned onto my side to face Tikki and slowly began to tell her everything that happened up to finding her on my makeup stand.

{+}{+}{+}

Adrien's P.O.V

I found myself in the practice room where Miraculous wielder's come to train or hang out. We wore the same ivory clothing except for our handmade masks that represented the color of our alter ego's color scheme. My mask was obviously black.

After the battle with the Akuma giant, I raced back and hid in the practice room to release my pent up anger.

I let out all of my stress onto a punching bag with every punch and kick.

Today was a frustrating day.

Punch!

The Akuma was frustrating.

Punch!

The new supposed superheroine was frustrating.

Punch!

I was frustrating myself!

I growled and gave the punching bag a high side kick to the "head." To my annoyance, it bobbled back up and teased me for being unable to knock it down. I heard someone enter the room and looked over to see Rena Rouge standing at the doorway, wearing the same ivory robes with an orange mask.

"With the way you are fighting, I am guessing everything did not go so well," Rena said, arms crossed and leaning against the door's frame. I scoffed then pointed an accusing finger at the girl.

"I do not want to hear anything you have to say, fox," I spat, "I bet everyone left me out of this agreement on finding a new Ladybug when the one that we had can never be replaced. That imposter does not deserve to wear such an honor and pride that those earrings hold! The true Ladybug had already filled that spot and paid her respects, doing her wonders flawlessly and so much more!"

"Ladybug is dead!" Rena yelled, raged and clenching her hands angrily, "She wasn't flawless at all. If she was, then she would still be alive and here with us at this very moment. This new Ladybug may not be like the old one, but she is enough! We are in desperate times, Chat Noir and desperate times, call for desperate measures!"

I snipped, looking away from Rena Rouge knowing that she was right. They were all right which ticked me off even more. I hated that they replaced the irreplaceable like Kagami was nothing to them. Nothing to me!

My teeth clenched tightly as I threw a hard uppercut at the "head" once again. The punching bag once again bobbled back up but continued forward, hitting me square in the face. I grunted, stumbling back and holding my nose as it began to slowly bleed.

I heard laughter come from, not only Rena Rouge but Carapace as well. I glared daggers at the two imbeciles before stomping off to the men's changing room.

Once inside the room, I began to mutter angrily under my breath while cleaning my bloody nose on a bench with an old rag. Everything felt like it was falling apart from right underneath my feet, rug being pulled and sending me slowly to the floor. The world felt so unbalanced and twisted all at once.

Even though I cared deeply about my friends, I also resented them for their close bonds with each other.

How come they were lucky enough to keep their lover and I was not? Why did the world have to take the one thing that made me feel alive? To everyone around me, I probably look like a walking corpse. A shadow of someone I had used to be but changed in many ways.

"Just when I thought you had already left, I find you sitting here in your own world," Carapace said, sitting on the bench next to me. I looked away and glared at nothing.

"What do you want?" I asked, coldly. I heard him let out a long sigh before saying, "You're not the only one who misses her. You may have lost someone you loved dearly, but so did Rena and I. Ladybug was Rena's closest friend. I lost someone who was considered a sister to me."

I growled and stood up, spitting out, "How dare you talk about Ladybug being like a sister towards you! This is just like my situation with that wannabe replacing someone incredible and extraordinary. You're using "Ladybug" to replace your dead sister-"

I felt the air leave my lungs and staggered a bit, using a wall for support. I held my stomach in pain before looking up into heated-narrowed eyes staring straight back, green mask scrunched up slightly. Carapace's teeth were clenched and his fingernails dug into the palm of his skin.

"You do not dare talk about anyone replacing my sister, cat," Carapace hissed, "No one will ever fill in that hole. It will forever remain empty until the day I die, then it will be refilled once I see her again. Ladybug might merely help ease the pain of that loss but she will never in a million years replace someone I saw as my sister."

I could only stay silent and listen, feeling guilt eating away at my stomach. My mind felt slightly clearer in its fight through the foggy haze and I realized my mistake. My lips thinned out and if I was wearing my costume, my fake cat ears would be drooping.

Carapace said his final words before leaving the room, "Think before you speak next time or somebody will end up hurt."

With that, Carapace shut the door and left me standing alone in the room with only my thoughts. I sighed, knowing he was absolutely right about my behavior and went too far with my proclamations. It was not fair that I release some of my pent up anger on others. I full-heartedly earned that punch to the stomach.

I packed up my things and left the building, taking off my mask halfway home. The dusty streets were quiet as most people were inside after sunset due to hulageins and crimminals. My green eyes looked up to the sky for some sort of answer, any hope of feeling anything but misery.

The night sky was too cloudy, not one star or even the moon could be seen.

I lowered my head to the dirt below me, feeling as if I were it and continued my quiet trip back home.

{+}{+}{+}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 860 34
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 years ago, Hawk Moth was defeated. 𝐎𝐍𝐄 year ago, Shadow Moth appeared. 𝐀𝐍𝐃 this year, our original Ladybug and Chat Noir have return...
63.1K 1.1K 59
Ladybug is in love with Adrien but her new found love for Chat Noir has caused her to avoid him. Chat Noir's Love for Ladybug begins to fade as he re...
300K 9.6K 37
Marinette has finally gotten everything shes ever wanted. She's working with her favorite fashion designer, Married to the love of her life, who also...
484K 11.3K 60
During their Junior year in Highschool, Marinette was forced to go back to her roots. The country of China. Leaving her friends, and Adrien was hard...