Purely Accidental {Larry Styl...

By temptingmistakes

Nineteen year old Harry Styles meets his sister's new boyfriend, Louis Tomlinson, fo the first time. Louis ma... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.

Chapter 3.

25.4K 830 1K
By temptingmistakes

"I'm thinking we should use this song for our next cover." I suggest as we entered my bedroom, with a cheesy smile on my face hoping that my best mate would agree with me. I headed straight toward my desk, picked up my laptop, and collapsed on my bed, hogging the majority of the mattress.

"Move over, Styles. You have a guest." I blocked out his comment and focused on locating the song on my iTunes, after my laptop would finally load. "C'mon man!"

I squinted my eyes at him, and then smirked, scooting the rest of my body toward my headboard. I gestured the rest of the space on the bed ready for him to lay on. "There. Happy?"

"Very." He retorted me with a forced grin, as he laid at the end of the bed. "Now, let me hear that new song you mentioned."

I nod, moving the cursor of my laptop toward the play button at the top of my iTunes and clicked right away, laying back on my headboard with my hands behind my head, letting the lyrics flow through the speakers. I've just recently discovered this song off of my suggestions on Youtube, I couldn't get it out of my head. At first, Niall eyed at me critically, while I stared back at him until he reacted in some way, shape or form, then once it was one minute into the song, he softened into smirk, showing he was impressed.

"Not bad. I've never heard this song before." He spoke after the song gradually faded out. "Is it old?"

I shook my head. "Nope, just came out a few weeks ago with the rest of Taylor's album."

"Ahh. Taylor Swift and.. Ed Sheeran in one track, right? That was the guy singing with her?"

"Mhmm. He's honestly my favorite artist right now; a lyrical genius. I even bought his album the day it came out." I mention proudly.

"Wow, obsessed much?" Niall teased me, like always.

I stifle a laugh. "Nah, but I do feel like we could be best mates if I ever personally met him."

"Hey, I'm your best mate! No one can replace me." He nudged me playfully, acting offended before crossing his arms across his chest, sitting upright.

"Of course not, Niall. No other can be more amazing, have a faster metabolism, have louder laugh, better humor, and more of gassy problem than you." I wink at him flirtatiously.

"Awh, stop it Harry." He grinned bashfully, but then a moment later all of my words fully sunk in. "Hey!"

"Anyway, you think we should do this song?" I asked him, switching the topic while biting my lip.

"I brought my guitar, didn't I?" Niall grinned widely as he grabbed his guitar case and slipped out his large, glossy-looking acoustic guitar and placed it in his lap, shifting into his regular guitar playing position. He began playing around with random chords, in his own little world. I enjoyed the fact that I had a friend who was an expertise in playing that beautiful, 6-stringed instrument. If I didn't have a singing voice, I'd desire the need to learn guitar, but I have Niall for that, so I'm all set.

I searched for the chords for "Everything Has Changed" and it didn't take me too long to find the a link to the song so he knows how it goes. I turned the whole laptop in Niall's direction and gestured toward the screen which showed exactly what we needed.

Niall hunched over, and I noticed his blue eyes moving from left to right, totally in focus of consuming these new chords in his memory. He started strumming and positioned his fingers on the frets, and even started humming along the melody of the song. After awhile, he turned his attention back toward me, playing his guitar without looking down at the strings.

"This song isn't too hard. I think I've already got it." He announced, with a smile working its way on his lips. "Start singing away Harry!"

"Will do." I immediately grin at him and his enthusiasm. I thoroughly cleared my throat, and began to sing as Niall strummed the recognizable intro.

"All I knew this morning when I woke

Is I know something now, know something now I didn't before

And all I've seen since eighteen hours ago

Is green eyes and freckles and your smile

In the back of my mind making me feel like

I just wanna know you better know you better know you better now

I just wanna know you know you know you

'Cause all I know is we said "Hello"

And your eyes look like coming home

All I know is a simple name

Everything has changed

All I know is you held the door

You'll be mine and I'll be yours

All I know since yesterday is everything has changed"

Surprisingly, we ran through the whole song without any mess ups. I don't know why, but I felt more into what the lyrics were saying. I mean most of the songs I sing and that get stuck in my head, I feel somewhat emotion because it's either about love, trying to be strong, etc. But especially in this case, I even became slightly side-tracked because as I sang, somewhere deep, deep in my gut, it was scary accurate to what ran through my head for the last couple of days. It can't be because of that bloke, Louis I met for the first time in my life, last week, whose flawless in every way, I attempted not to gaze at for more than a second, with that fringe swept across his forehead.. right above the most perfect feature about him; his melt worthy blue eyes I could get lost in- wait what was I talking about? Oh um, I mean I just met my sister's new significant other. And he's just an ordinary lad like myself, what else is there to it?

"Why are you blushing?" Niall poked me with the end of his guitar, grinning.

"Nothing.." Wow, way to go Captain Obvious.

"Sure it was nothing.. I bet you were thinking about someone. Someone special. Am I right?" He pushed the matter further, like how he always loves to push my buttons. He better know his limits.

But I hesitated, I didn't know how in the world to respond to him.

"Let's just practice the song again shall we?"

"Uhm, slow your roll curly-"

"Why did you come up with that nickname for me, Niall? It sounds so kiddish." I facepalm myself and heavily sigh.

"I think it's an adorable nickname. Suits you well, Harry." A different, slightly higher, yet familiar voice came within ear-shot. I glanced upwards to find Louis standing in the doorway, with arms folded and a smug smirk upon his lips once our eyes met. My eyes widened at the sight of him because I didn't even acknowledge him here the house, let alone know he was coming here in the first place.

"Um, thanks Louis. When did you even get here?" I said shyly, trying to keep my cool. I feel Niall's eyes on me, but I try to avoid them.

"Not too long ago. I guess you were too into singing that song that you didn't realize that I was here." Louis replied, pointing to Niall's guitar.

"Wait, y-you heard us?" I couldn't help but stutter because out of all people, Louis hearing me sing, I suddenly feel more self-conscious about my singing.

"Yeah I did. You have a strong unique voice, and your friend here plays the guitar well for every chord to be heard." He grinned at me and Niall, and I felt my cheeks turn red. I glanced down and fiddled with my fingers nervously and looked back up at Louis.

"Thanks-"

"Oh I'm Niall by the way." Niall cut me off, while holding his hand out for Louis to shake, and Louis came closer to do so. The upset feeling I felt toward my best mate totally disappeared as my heart started racing once I got a closer look at Louis, to adore every little feature about him. It's like he got more attractive the second time seeing him. Particularly in this black and white baseball tee, he fancies it too good.

"Nice to meet you Niall. I'm Louis, as you probably caught on by Harry calling me that." Louis pulled his hand away and put both hands in his back pockets.

"Louis!" Gemma's voice carried from the bottom of the stairs. I noticed Louis sighing and rolling his eyes. "C'mon we got to leave now if you don't want to miss the movie!"

Louis sighs and gives us an apologetic look. "Wish I could stay and chat but I must be on my way. Catch you later, curly. And Niall." 

Although I might have seemed totally normal on the outside, I felt my insides melt inside of me when he said my new nickname. The way he said 'curly' and how he says it, it's nowhere near irritating to me. I take it all back, I'm glad Niall gave me that nickname.

I snap out of it as we see Gemma approaching Louis at the top of the staircase. She narrowed her eyes at us before grabbing onto Louis' arm.

"Babe, we are gonna be late." Gemma whined, and Louis just glanced down at her hand gripped around his arm.

"Alright, alright." Louis waved at us and we waved back, I did so with a sad smile. We both nodded as Louis and Gemma turned their backs on us and headed downstairs.

I got up from my comfortable position on the bed and gently closed the door completely. I laid my head on the door, closing my own eyes in frustration. Niall started strumming the melody of the song again.

"What was that?" Niall asked in a tone that I knew that he knew something was up.

I flinch and turn to face him, now with my back against the door.

"I don't know man. I just-" I started to say.

"Have an interest in your sister's new boo?" He cooed.

I burst out laughing at him, just to be convincing as possible. "You're real funny Niall."

He even chuckled at himself. "We all know I am."

Yes, he bought it... I hope.

But I hated to leave my best mate in the dark with who I liked because he was always the first to know whenever I took an interest in somebody -- and by somebody I mean a guy. I came out as gay to my friends and family a few years ago and especially Niall likes to tease me whenever he senses I might have a crush. It's different this time because I don't know if Louis is just straight or possibly bi. But either way, if I were to tell anyone that I have an attraction to Louis, it'd make those feelings even more real to say it aloud. And the thought of that, terrifies the hell out of me.

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

468K 9.6K 27
Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles are both a part of the famous boy band, One Direction. Currently single, they both decided that they would try out a...
29.5K 765 29
Harry's life was perfect. Stunning girlfriend. Good friends. The picture perfect idea of his future after graduation. So when his mother uprooted his...
12.3K 230 19
{Book 2} A year has gone by since Louis and Harry have admitted their love for each other. After four months of dating, Louis decided it was fine for...
10.5K 269 18
Meet 19 year old Louis Tomlinson. He a member of One Direction and is un-deniably in love with his younger band mate, Harry Styles. He is forbidden t...