I'll never love again [1]

By BouquetOfTacos

Elena and Natalia Gilbert, fraternal twins. After their parents' deaths, nothing was ever the same. Months ha... More

INTRODUCTION
BRAVE NEW WORLD
BAD MOON RISING
MEMORY LANE
KILL OR BE KILLED
PLAN B
MASQUERADE
ROSE
KATERINA
THE SACRIFICE
BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON
THE DESCENT
DADDY ISSUES
CRYING WOLF
THE DINNER PARTY
THE HOUSE GUEST
KNOW THY ENEMY
THE LAST DANCE
KLAUS
THE LAST DAY
THE SUN ALSO RISES
AS I LAY DYING
THE BIRTHDAY
THE HYBRID
THE END OF THE AFFAIR
DISTURBING BEHAVIOR
THE RECKONING
SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT
GHOST WORLD
ORDINARY PEOPLE
HOMECOMING
THE NEW DEAL
OUR TOWN
THE TIES THAT BIND
BRINGING OUT THE DEAD
DANGEROUS LIAISONS
ALL MY CHILDREN
1912
BREAK ON THROUGH
THE MURDER OF ONE
HEART OF DARKNESS
DO NOT GO GENTLE
BEFORE SUNSET
THE DEPARTED
GROWING PAINS
MEMORIAL
THE RAGER
THE FIVE
THE KILLER
WE ALL GO A LITTLE MAD SOMETIMES
MY BROTHER'S KEEPER
WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE BOURBON STREET
O COME, ALL YE FAITHFUL
AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN
A VIEW TO KILL
INTO THE WILD/DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE
STAND BY ME
BRING IT ON
BECAUSE THE NIGHT
AMERICAN GOTHIC
PICTURES OF YOU
THE ORIGINALS
SHE'S COME UNDONE
THE WALKING DEAD
GRADUATION
SEQUEL

THE RETURN

41.9K 541 371
By BouquetOfTacos

"Someone must have took them by mistake."

"Definitely, did you see anyone go-" Elena's voice was interrupted by her phone ringing, probably Stefan calling her, Natalia thought. Elena answered and started talking to him just as Nat parked the car. Both girls got out of the car and walked to the porch. Elena looked for her keys in her purse while Nat waited behind her, staring at her. It was still kind of scary how similar Elena and Katherine looked, especially when Elena curled her hair. While Nat and her were twins, they weren't identical, they had similar features but they were starkly different. But from the picture she saw, her and Katherine were practically the same person. She couldn't imagine what went through Damon and Stefan's head when they saw her dressed for the event earlier that day.

"I looked everywhere. Yeah, someone definitely took my stuff." Elena found the keys and gave them to Nat, which she took quickly and opened the door. "We're just gonna check on Jeremy before we go to the hospital, can you meet us there? Okay, I love you Stefan." Nat rolled her eyes and Elena playfully glared at her. She went to the bottom of the stairs and called for Jeremy while Elena closed the door behind her.

"Jeremy? Are you up?" Suddenly, the girls heard a noise in the kitchen and looked at each other. Quickly they went towards it, but as soon as they entered they found John lying on the floor bleeding badly. Nat gasped and Elena rushed to him, dropping down to the floor and trying to stop the bleeding. Natalia grabbed the phone and called 911, giving them the address of the house, hoping they would get there as soon as possible. When she looked at John she saw fear in his eyes.

"Behind you." John whispered, no energy left behind.

"What?" Elena was confused, she just wanted to stop the bleeding.

"Behind you!" John said more forcefully, trying to get them to turn around. Both girls turned around, Elena gasping. But no one was there. She grabbed the bloody knife and cautiously approached the hallway, Natalia behind her. They heard something behind them and turned around, but no one was there. Soon, the door opened and closed.

"Jeremy!" Natalia said loudly, worry and fear overtaking her. Elena went running upstairs while Nat stayed with John, making sure he would be fine until the ambulance arrived. But soon, Elena came down running.

"Jeremy tried to kill himself!"

Natalia's blood ran cold and immediately went upstairs. She couldn't believe it, why would Jeremy do this? She got to this room and found him sitting in his bed, looking at the wall blankly. He turned to see her and she ran to hug him.

"I'm fine."

"Don't do that again, Jeremy, please. I can't lose you, we can't lose you. Don't scare us like that." Her voice broke and he just rubbed her back, trying to calm her down. They heard footsteps and let go of each other.

"What happened?" Stefan's voice came from the door. Nat stood up and went to Elena, putting an arm around her, trying to find comfort. This day was turning out to be worse than she could've imagined.

"He said that Anna gave him her blood and then he took these pills and now... I mean he looks fine but then again so do you. So, I just... I don't know." Nat frowned at this. So Jeremy wanted to become a vampire, she just had no idea why. Stefan took Jeremy's face in his hand and examined his eyes, looking for something.

"Come here. Look at me. Shh."

"I'm fine, okay? I feel exactly the same." Jeremy struggled with Stefan, trying to get the vampire to let him go.

"Should we call a paramedic up here? What should we do?" Nat's voice cut through, worried that maybe Jeremy wasn't fine. Stefan looked into Jeremy's eyes and shook his head.

"No, he's fine."

"You mean I'm not a vampire? Damn it!" Elena and Nat looked at each other.

"Don't say that Jeremy!" Elena said angrily.

"Jer, why would you want that?" Natalia asked, a lump forming in her throat. The younger Gilbert glared at the twins and stood up.

"Did you hear about Anna, about what happened to her tonight? She's dead." The twins widened their eyes. They had no idea that she had died in the fire.

"Jeremy. Jeremy. Come here, sit down." Stefan pushed Jeremy back down on the bed and grabs his face in his hands again, making the young Gilbert look at him.

"I'm very sorry about Anna, but it's very important that you listen to me right now. With every passing moment, Anna's blood is leaving your system. If you try to kill yourself right now, you could really die." At this, Jeremy looks away, trying to avoid his sisters' gazes. Stefan slapped his cheek, trying to get his attention.

"Hey! Do you understand me?" Nat didn't like Stefan's tone or his aggressiveness towards his little brother.

"Stefan!"

"Yeah, I understand."

"Good." Stefan gets up and stands next to the girls.

"What about the pills that he took?" Elena asked Stefan, while Natalia went to stand next to Jeremy, rubbing his shoulder reassuringly.

"He didn't take enough to die so Anna's blood actually healed him of that." An officer knocked on the doorframe of Jeremy's room, getting their attention.

"Miss Gilbert?"

Both girls looked at each other and Elena nodded. "I'll be right there." The officer left and Stefan turned to the girls.

"You both need to be at the hospital." Natalia was about to protest, but he didn't let her.

"No, no, no, don't worry, I'll stay here with Jeremy."

"No, I don't need a babysitter!"

"Yeah, you do" Elena said frowning. Natalia kissed Jeremy's head and left with Elena to the hospital.

Elena and Natalia arrived to the hospital and saw Bonnie pacing the halls. They walked over to her quickly and she looked up, relieved that they were there.

"Bonnie, how's Caroline?" Natalia asked, worried about her best friend. While her and Bonnie got along just fine, Nat was closer to Caroline. Bonnie frowned, making the girls worry even more.

"She's weak. They don't know if she's going to make it."

"What?" Elena asked incredulously. Bonnie nodded and hugged her. A tear dropped from Nat's eyes, but she quickly wiped it off. She had to be strong, for Caroline. Bonnie let go of Elena and hugged Nat next. After a few seconds they let go of each other.

"Is there something you can do? Like a spell or something?" Elena asked full of hope.

"She doesn't know how, do you?" Damon's voice startled Natalia, making her heart beat faster. She took a deep breath and calmed down. He stood next to Nat and looked at her for a moment before turning back to Bonnie.

"No, I don't." Bonnie said, glaring at him.

"No, you don't because it took Emily years to learn a spell like that."

"Well, I can take down a vampire, that spell was easy to learn." Nat smiled slightly at that, amused by Bonnie's response. Damon just glared at her and turned to Elena.

"I can give Caroline some blood."

"No, no way." Elena shook her head, refusing immediately. Normally, Natalia would refuse too, but she didn't want to lose her best friend, and right now it looked like she wouldn't survive. She looked between her sister and Damon.

"No, just enough to heal her." He turned to Nat. "She will be safe in the hospital and it will be out of her system in a day, she will be better Nat."

"I don't know, may-"

"It's too risky, we can't agree to that." Elena cut her off immediately. Nat glared at her sister, angry that she didn't seem to want Caroline to get better.

"Do it." Bonnie's voice snapped her out of her anger. Both of them looked at the witch. "This is Caroline." She looked at Nat and her eyes softened. "We can't let her die." Nat nodded at her and both of them turned to Damon. "Do it."

"If I do this, you and me, call a truce?" He smirked at her.

"No. But you'll do it anyway. For Elena." Natalia felt a pang of hurt at that. She knew that Damon had feelings for her sister, but it still hurt. It made her feel like shit. Bonnie walked away, leaving the twins with Damon.

Natalia walked to a chair nearby, wanting to just relax after the day she had. She saw Damon and Elena talking in hushed voices and she figured her sister was telling him about John and Jeremy. Even though she knew nothing was going on between them, she still couldn't help but feel jealous. She had feelings for Damon and at first she hoped maybe he did too. But of course he didn't, he had feelings for Elena. And even if she knew Elena would never do that to Stefan, she felt a pang of jealousy at the sight of them together. Soon, Jenna arrived and Damon moved away from Elena, while Jenna glared at him. Nat stood up and quickly went to them.

"Natalia, I came as soon as I got your message. How is John?" she asked, looking at Nat. Elena turned to Jenna and frowned at her.

"Where have you been?"

"At the fire department, I had to fill out a report. I told you earlier." Jenna looked between both sisters.

"No, you didn't." At Elena and Jenna's words, Nat's brows furrowed in confusion. They were both in the house and they didn't see Jenna at all.

"Yes, I did."

"No, Jenna, you didn't."

"Yes, I did." Nat turns to Damon for a second and saw him just as confused. Suddenly, he seemed to realize something and widened his eyes. He groaned and looked away. The three of them looked at him.

"Mmm, you got to be kidding me." He quickly realized that he said that out loud and looked at them, walking away hurriedly. Nat quickly trailed behind him, wanting to know what the hell that was all about.

"Damon, wait!" she said loudly.

He stopped and looked back at her.

"What happened back there?"

"Nothing, let's just get you and Elena home. I'll be in the car."

Natalia opened the door and her, Elena and Damon entered the house. Natalia was about to go upstairs to check on Jeremy when she saw a figure on the floor. Stefan stood up quickly and looked at them.

"Stefan?" Elena looks at him concerned while Damon and Natalia looked around confused. Nat started walking around the living room, trying to figure out what happened. She thought maybe the vampire that attacked John came back and tried to hurt Stefan or Jeremy.

"Elena." Stefan looked between Damon and Elena.

"What happened?" Nat turned to Stefan. Instead of looking at her or Elena, he looked at Damon. Both girls turned to the older Salvatore while he looked around.

"Katherine happened." He finally said. Both Elena and Natalia looked at the brothers in confusion. Frankly, Nat was scared out of her mind. If Katherine was in Mystic Falls, it couldn't be good, especially for Damon. She knew the hold she had over Damon for the past century and a half. She sighed and signalled for Elena to go with her.

"Let's check up on Jer." Elena followed her while the brothers went to the kitchen.

"You okay?" Nat turned to her sister and exhaled quietly. She shook her head no and before they got to Jeremy's room they hugged.

"I'm scared Lena, I just want everything to be fine. But Jeremy almost killed himself, Care's in the hospital, John was attacked and your evil twin is on the loose. Who knows what else she could be doing while pretending to be you!" She tried to be quiet so Jeremy couldn't hear what they were talking about, it would only freak him out or anger him, and she couldn't decide what was worse.

"Nat, it's ok. We'll get through this, Caroline's going to be fine, Damon will give her some blood, and Jeremy's okay. But I think we should tell him the truth. Hiding this will only make it worse." At first Nat wanted to protest, but she realized that Elena was right. They couldn't hide this from him, he had to know. She nodded and took Elena's hand in hers. Elena gave her a smile and they entered Jeremy's room.

"We told Jeremy, we can't lie to him anymore." Both brothers looked at the twins. Stefan walked towards Elena while Nat went to stand next to Damon. He looked at her as if asking if she was okay and she nodded reassuringly.

"Are you alright?" Stefan asked Elena.

"No, I'm not alright. I thought that with all the tomb vampires gone things would get better." Elena looked between the Salvatore and her sister, her brows furrowed.

"I know, we all did."

"Katherine was in this house, that means that she's been invited in, what are we gonna do?" Nat spoke up, looking at Stefan first then at Damon.

"Move." Damon shrugged.

"Very helpful, thank you." Nat said, rolling her eyes. She sat down and put her head on her hands. After a few seconds she felt someone sit down next to her. Looking up she saw it was Elena.

"Katherine wants you dead there's zero you can do about it, you would be dead. But you're not, so clearly she has other plans." Damon's words were not helping Nat calm down, and Elena could see that, so she took her hand and started rubbing circles to soothe her.

"Right, and we need to find out what those other plans are and not provoke her in the process." Stefan told Damon, the latter one nodding his head in agreement.

"What happened tonight when you thought she was Elena?" Elena, Stefan and Natalia looked at Damon, waiting for his answer.

"To risk another frown line encroaching on a very crowded forehead." Nat looked between the brothers. Oh boy, this isn't gonna end well she thought. "We.. kissed." Damon said smirking, as if challenging Stefan. At his words Nat felt her heart stop. She shouldn't be surprised. Of course Damon would try to kiss Elena, he loved her, she knew that already. But hearing those words come from his mouth hurt her more than she would admit.

"And you thought it was me?" Elena asked him confused. Nat looked at Stefan and could see him tense up.

"What do you mean you kissed?" Stefan asked.

"Well, you know, when two lips pucker and they go." Damon puckered his lips and made kissing noises. Nat looked away, visibly upset. Elena looked at her curiously and was about to ask her if she was alright, but got distracted when Stefan rushed at Damon. Before he could get to him, Damon rushed to stand next to the twins.

"Don't be obvious Stefan." At this, Stefan started towards Damon, but Elena stood up and put her hand in front of her boyfriend.

"Stefan wait, he kissed Katherine, not me." She looked at Natalia before turning back to Damon. "I wouldn't do that."

"We don't have time for this guys." Nat finally spoke up, getting tired of discussing the kiss. Stefan and Elena looked at her and nodded.

"Later" promised Stefan.

"John must know something. There has to be a reason why Katherine tried to kill him." Nat said standing up. Damon looked at her before answering.

"She's Katherine. She loves to play games and you're fooling yourself if you think you're going to find out what she's been up to before she wants you to know." Well that didn't sound reassuring at all, Natalia thought.

"No, actually Nat's right, John could know something through Isobel. Your mother," he looked at the twins before continuing "she was in touch with Katherine, so maybe we can go to the hospital and get him to talk." That made sense. If Isobel knew why Katherine was in town then maybe she told John about it. Before they could say anything Damon spoke up.

"I've got a better idea."

"What's that?" Elena asked him.

"I'm just gonna ignore the bitch. See you." He said, before turning around.

"Is that smart?" Elena asked him confused.

"If Katherine thinks she's being ignored it will lure her out, she'll make a move." He said shrugging.

"Yeah? And then what?" Stefan asked.

"Stake her, rip her heard off, something poetic. We'll see."

She was running through the woods, breathless. She looked behind her and saw someone moving, but she turned her head back and kept running. She couldn't let him catch her. Just as she passed a tree, a twig caught on her dress, ripping a bit of it. She paid it no mind and kept running. She could feel fear and desperation creeping up.

"Iliana, sweetheart, you know it's pointless to run, I'll catch you." A man's voice startled her and made her gasp in fear. But even then she kept running. Just as she turned she saw a man standing there, prompting her to let out a scream in fear and tumble down. The man got closer, but even then she couldn't see his face. She stood up as quickly as she could and turned around to run again, but the man rushed to stand in front of her. The last thing she saw were his fangs getting closer to her neck.

Gasping, Natalia woke up and looked around. She was disoriented for a bit before she realized it was all a dream, well, a nightmare really. She didn't want to put any thought into it, she had already done that when the dreams started but to no avail. She quickly got up and got dressed for the day. But even after, she still couldn't shake the dream away. Of all the ones she had, this had been the worst. It just felt very real and scary, it rattled Nat to her core.

After getting dressed and having breakfast, she went to Elena's room to let her know she would meet Bonnie and Matt at the hospital. She knocked on her door and Elena opened her door a few seconds later. Nat could see that she had just woken up, given by her pj's and her sleepy face.

"Hey, just came to let you know that I'm gonna drop by the hospital with Bonnie to see Care and then we'll got to the Lockwoods."

"Sure, we'll meet you there." Nat smiled and turned to leave, but was stopped by Elena's voice.

"Hey, you okay?" Elena asked in concern. Natalia took a deep breath before turning around and answering her question.

"Yeah, I mean, I'm still a bit nervous about last night and Katherine, but I just wanna forget about that for now."

"Hey, everything will be fine."

"I know." She smiled at her sister and turned around.

"See you later, Lena."

Bonnie and Natalia saw Matt sitting in the waiting room and walked towards him. When he saw them he got up and met them in the middle.

"Hey Matt, you've been here all night?" Nat asked him.

"Yeah, with the Sheriff." He said nodding.

"No one else?" Bonnie asked quickly. Right, Damon. He was supposed to give Care his blood.

"Stefan's brother Damon stopped by late last night." Natalia sighed quietly in relief. At least Caroline would be fine now. Bonnie and Natalia looked at each other before asking about Caroline.

"How is Caroline today?"

"See for yourself." Matt smiled and led them to Care's room. The three of them enter and see Caroline looking at the TV. Nat smiled, at least one of them was okay, she thought. The blonde turned her head and saw them standing by the door.

"Jersey Shore's on." She said smiling. Bonnie goes to her side and hugs her before letting her go. Nat quickly embraces her tightly, but as soon as she hears her wincing she lets her friend go.

"Careful, still a little sore."

"Sorry." Nat laughed.

"It's okay, but they say I'm healing quick." Matt comes closer and Bonnie and her step aside.

"My turn." He said, before leaning in and kissing her. Nat and Bonnie laughed quietly, happy that Caroline was fine and healthy.

"Oh, isn't he cute?" Caroline asked both girls but soon they noticed tears dropping from the witch's eyes. Nat put an arm around her shoulders and put her head on her shoulder.

"Why are you crying?"

"I'm just happy you're okay." Bonnie said smiling.

"Oh, I love you guys!"

"We love you." The four of them embrace each other before talking about anything and everything. It was moments like these that made Nat miss her old life. Just her with her friends, her only worry being a difficult quiz and not vampires coming after her sister. After a while Bonnie and her went out to get some coffee, leaving the couple alone.

"Hey, Nat, how are you?" Bonnie asked her gently. She dreaded the question, she was sure that Elena already told her about the whole Damon and Katherine kiss thing. She sat down and exhaled quietly. "Elena told me about Damon kissing Katherine thinking it was her." She looked at Nat, sympathy clearly written all over her face.

"I'm fine Bonnie, honestly."

"Are you sure? I mean, I know about you and Damon, don't think I didn't notice you looking dejected yesterday." She groaned and cursed Bonnie in her mind. Damn Bonnie Bennett for knowing her so well.

"First of all, there's no me and Damon, and honestly, I'm okay. I mean, yeah, it does kinda suck to know that the guy you like has feelings for your sister and would even go as far to kiss her, but I'm just trying to forget about that. We have other things to worry about, like John being almost killed by Katherine and Jeremy almost killing himself yesterday."

"Yeah." Bonnie nodded. "How is he, by the way? Jeremy."

"He's fine, he's just sad about Anna's death, but he'll get through it, he's strong." Bonnie agreed and dropped the subject.

"Well, we should be heading out to the Lockwoods." Nat nodded and grabbed her things. "I'm gonna go get Matt." Bonnie told her.

"Sure, I'll wait here." After a few minutes both of them came back and the three of them left the hospital.

When they arrived at the Lockwood Mansion, Tyler was at the front door. Natalia could see his face and how tired he was of greeting guests. After all, she went through the same thing not even a year ago. As they were getting out of the car, they saw a man step out of a car and talk to Tyler for a few minutes. Just as Nat, Bonnie and Matt walked up the stairs, the man stepped inside with Tyler.

"Hey, I'm gonna go talk to Tyler, I'll find you later." Nat told Bonnie and Matt, before walking towards him. The guy he was with was now talking to Carol.

"Tyler!" He turned around and saw Nat coming towards him. A smile graced his lips, thankful that she was there. He reached her and hugged her tightly. She returned the embrace before pulling back.

"Thanks for being here Nat."

"Of course, I'm really sorry about your loss Ty. I know you and your dad didn't see eye to eye in a lot of things, but he was still your dad." She told him, holding his hand in hers. He squeezed her hand before letting go.

"I think you're the first person to acknowledge that he wasn't a great guy." He scoffed. She understood completely, when her parents died, people that didn't even know them told her that they were great people and whatnot. It was exhausting. "I have to get back to the door, but thanks for coming Nat." She smiled and nodded. He went to the door and she followed him with her eyes for a bit before looking around. Suddenly she felt someone behind her and turned around. Icy blue eyes met hers.

"Damon, didn't know you were coming."

"Had to pay my respects to Carol. Thought you were coming with your sister." He told her while looking around, probably looking for Elena.

"She's coming with Jenna and Jeremy, I went to the hospital with Bonnie to check on Caroline."

"Right, how is she by the way?" She could tell he wasn't really interested in Caroline's health but she still answered.

"She's great, still sore, but good nonetheless." He nodded absentmindedly. "Thank you, by the way. She wouldn't be okay if it wasn't for you Damon. I know you did it for Elena, but thank you anyway." He looked at her intensely, before speaking up.

"I didn't just do it for her Nat, and you're welcome anyways." She looked at him quizzically before shaking her head. She didn't have time for this. "Come on, I see food over there." He started walking towards the food and Nat followed him quickly. A few minutes later Bonnie appeared behind them.

"Did you know the Gilbert device affected Tyler Lockwood?" Bonnie asked Damon. Natalia widened her eyes at this piece of information. She knew about the Mayor, but she didn't know Tyler was affected by the device too. She knew Ty wasn't a vampire, and neither was the Mayor, so why the hell were they affected by it too?

"Well, I know it took the Mayor down." Damon answered, popping a grape in his mouth.

"Don't you want to know why?"

"Yes Bonnie, I would love to know why a non-vampire was tortured by the vampire torture device that you let John Gilbert use against us. Speaking of your guilt, how's Caroline?" Nat knew he was just asking to rile her up and she rolled her eyes, wishing they would stop antagonizing each other.

"She's much better."

"You're welcome."

"No, you're welcome." Nat took some grapes before looking back at the two, already tired about their discussion.

"Why am I welcome?"

"You live to see another day."

"No good deed goes unpunished with you, does it?"

"Doesn't undo the bad. I know what you are Damon, you might have Elena, Natalia and the Sheriff and everybody else fooled but not me. One wrong move and I'm gonna take you out." At these words Natalia looked up to her in surprise. She knew Bonnie didn't particularly like Damon, but she didn't know she would go that far.

"Now you need to stop with witches' brew. You're starting to believe your own press." Bonnie looked down, nodding, before looking back at him and raising one eyebrow. Seconds passed and Damon held his head in pain. Natalia looked at him in worry before looking at her friend.

"Bonnie, stop!" The witch looked at her before stopping.

"Oh, I'm sorry, you were saying?" Bonnie smirked before walking out. Nat just watched her leave before turning back to Damon.

"You need to stop picking fights with her, one of these days she will hurt you for real, and Elena nor me will be there to stop her." She told him, all while glaring at him. He just looked at her for a moment and turned around, eating more grapes. "Fine, I'm leaving anyways."

She went out and saw Elena standing there. Nat went towards her to tell her that she was going home, she had already talked to Tyler, she had no more business there.

"Hey, Lena." Elena turned around and widened her eyes slightly, but quickly regained her composure. She looked... different, Natalia thought. She curled her hair again like yesterday and was wearing heels, something that she rarely did. So she went for a different look, what of it, she thought immediately. She didn't really put any thought into it. "I'm going home, okay? I'm really tired from yesterday, didn't get much sleep."

"Sure, I'll see you later at home Nat." She said smiling. Nat turned around and saw Bonnie coming their way. She waved at the witch and left. She just wanted to get some sleep, hopefully with no disturbing dreams this time.

Later that night Natalia hears a knock on her door. When the door opens she sees Elena and smiles at her. But she frowns when she sees her. Her hair was straight again and she had a different outfit than the one she wore to the Lockwood's. She must have showered and changed earlier.

"Hey, we just got home from the Lockwood's. You okay? Damon said you left the funeral early." Nat nodded.

"Yeah, I told you already." She said "I couldn't get much sleep yesterday and wanted to rest for a bit, but I couldn't anyways." She saw Elena frown at this.

"You didn't tell me you were leaving."

"Yeah, Lena, I di-" She cut herself off and paled immediately. "It was Katherine, wasn't it?" Elena widened her eyes but nodded anyways.

"You talked to her?"

"I thought it was you! I mean, she did look a bit different, but she was very convincing." Elena sighed and put an arm around her shoulder, trying to calm her down. Nat had to admit that Katherine was putting her on edge and she didn't like it one bit.

"Well, seems like she's here to stay, so we better get used to her." Nat released a shaky breath and nodded. "I'm gonna get ready for bed anyways, good night Nat."

"Night Lena."

Elena left Nat's room and she lied down just looking at the ceiling. She closed her eyes and thought about everything that happened in the past 24 hours. At least Caroline was fine now, she thought. But she wasn't. The past few weeks she had been feeling weird, like she was forgetting something, forgetting someone. It had been bugging her. There were also the weird and sometimes disturbing dreams. She hoped those stopped soon, because she hadn't been able to sleep well. Before she could dwell anymore on that topic she heard Elena scream, startling her. She quickly ran to Elena's bedroom and saw Damon at the door. He turned around and looked at her with regret in his eyes, or at least something akin to it. She turned to look at Elena and saw Jeremy on the floor passed out. Natalia gasped and dropped down to her knees, taking his hand in hers.

"What happened?!" Nat looked at Elena, tears falling down her face.

"Damon, he killed Jeremy." Natalia looked back but he was already gone. She couldn't believe this was happening, why would Damon do that? Suddenly, she heard a gasp come from Elena, so she turned and followed her eye sight to Jer's hand. That's when she saw it: the Gilbert ring. They looked at each other in relief, but Damon's actions were still in her mind. More tears fell down her face, but she wiped them quickly, not letting go of Jeremy's hand.

"I'm gonna call Stefan." Nat nodded and caressed her little brother's face, hoping he would wake up soon. She was so focused on Jeremy that she didn't hear Stefan arrive. Finally she looked up and noticed that they were already discussing what Damon did.

"I hate him, Stefan." Elena cried while holding Jeremy's face. Stefan kneeled down next to her, trying to comfort her.

"I know, I know." He told her while looking at Nat. She was holding Jeremy's hand and crying quietly. He kissed Elena's shoulder and suddenly Jeremy woke up gasping. Stefan quickly took his face and looked in his eyes.

"Is he okay? Stefan! Is he okay?" Nat asked worriedly.

"He's okay. Shhh, you're okay."

Jeremy looks around disoriented, and Nat just squeezes his hand, trying to comfort him.

"He killed me! Damon killed me!" Both girls embrace their brother, relieved that he's alright.

"It's okay. It's okay. Let's just get you to bed."

A/N

So, there it is, the first chapter! This is my first story, so excuse any mistakes haha. You can let me know in the comments what you think so far and what you think of Nat and you can vote if you liked this chapter! I'll probably update tomorrow twice, so stay tuned!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370K 7.3K 67
Rosalie Marie Gilbert, the infamous identical twin sister to Elena Gilbert. She's been pulled into the world of vampires, werewolves, and witches eve...
118K 4.1K 52
[ BOOK ONE ] Erin Gilbert believed the worst thing that could ever happen to her was the death of her parents. But when the Salvatore brothers waltz...
212K 5.3K 48
One car crash changed her life forever. Jessica Gilbert was a normal teenage girl, she and her sister were cheerleaders, they had tons of friends, an...