742 - Yoongi x reader

By kray92

Y/N works at a busy coffee shop in the heart of Seoul. Each day at exactly 7:42am, she is greeted without fai... More

742
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39

Part 32

53K 2.2K 2K
By kray92

~

Sitting upright in your bed, the time slowly passed around you as your body remained frozen.

Gawking in disbelief at your closed bedroom door, your eyes began to water from refusing to blink, finally jolting you back into movement once more.

Oh god, I must be hallucinating.

Am I still drunk???

The thought that your masked 'Genius' had magically transported back into Seoul without your knowledge, was already more than enough for your pounding headache to handle.

But the idea that he stayed the night with you inside your cramped and untidy apartment to make sure you didn't die, or choke on your own vomit was beyond absurd.

Absolutely not.

There is no f*cking way...

But if it really wasn't him, then who or what could it have been?

Maybe Ji-eun..?

No.

Ji-eun certainly wasn't strong enough to carry you up 3 flights of stairs.

Despite her best efforts, you had already learnt that the hard way, winding up in the back of an ambulance with a mild concussion.

Then who?

Whether it be just your spiraling, hungover mind beginning to play cruel tricks on you, or the illogical and unthinkable idea that your masked crush really did spare that much time and patience for you, one thing was definitely certain.

The shattering sounds moments earlier accompanied by the slamming of your bedroom door were still ringing fresh in your mind as your eyes finally lowered to the ground for confirmation.

Your Army Bomb was completely and utterly broken.

You scrunched your face up in pain as your eyes scoured its fractured and lifeless body, the mere cost of a replacement sending waves of rage and regret right through you.

God f*cking dammit.

What have I done...

Leaping out of your bed in a wild fit of adrenaline, completely ignoring the sickening sensation going on inside your stomach, you needed to confirm your suspicions and learn who on earth had just burst through your door earlier, traumatizing you to the point of imagining Mr.742 in their place.

Who ever it was, the bastard was surely about to pay.

Taking the last few steps over to your closed bedroom door, you took a cautious breath in as you stretched your hand out to open the door, loudly swinging it open to reveal...

Nothing.

And no one.

As you propped your pathetically exhausted body against your door-frame, your tired eyes scanned the apartment looking for anything out of place, with a few things quickly setting alarm bells off inside your head.

First, your shoes for the night were neatly placed in front of the door, something that was surely not your own doing.

Because you've never come home drunk before and NOT thrown your heels across the floor in pain-ridden anger and regret.

Second, you spotted the pale blue fluffy blanket that usually sat untouched in your storage closet, but was now folded neatly and placed at the end of your sofa.

Huh...?

You know that you hadn't touched that thing in months, the new grey blanket with your childhood dog embroidered onto it had taken its place a month prior and was currently hanging outside to dry.

As you transferred the last of your energy into trying to find anything else that might possibly be out of place, your stomach loudly grumbled, jolting you out of the apparent stare-off with your apartment and fixing your attention back onto the items on your nightstand that were brought in earlier by your mysterious 'intruder'.

With no time to waste, you bolted back over to the bottle of water placed on top of your nightstand and finished it in under 10 seconds flat, immediately moving onto the breakfast sandwich perched beside it. 

God damn, water has never tasted so good!

As you nibbled on the breakfast sandwich, careful to take your time with your overly-sensitive and hungover stomach, your mind subconsciously flashed back to your lunch date with Taemin last week.

In all of your dating years, you'd never experienced something quite as perfect as that fateful afternoon.

He really did check all the boxes and did everything right.

If teen romance novels only wrote about one thing, it was always perfection.

Perfection in choosing the right place and the right words, something Taemin seemed to have down to a science.

But despite his undeniable romance-novel-like-perfection, you couldn't quite shake the feeling that you weren't wholeheartedly into him.

As your eyes flickered down to the half-eaten breakfast sandwich messily held in your hands, a thought dawned on you.

Did I really hallucinate Mr.742, when it might have actually been Taemin?

Now that you were thinking about it more clearly, the sandwich tasted an awful lot like the ones you ate with him on your lunch date a week prior.

Oh sh*t...

Immediately setting the sandwich down, you rummaged through your messy sheets in a panicked search for your phone.

Where the hell did I put it!?

If you were going to find out who was inside your apartment, the evidence was surely going to be in that god-forsaken regret-ridden device.

In a desperate attempt at finding clarity, you flung your duvet and top cover off the bed, hands feeling around for where the phone might have slipped under.

But nothing.

Groaning with frustration as you reluctantly stood back up again, you made your way over to the purse that was almost too neatly hanging on the handle of your closet.

You riffled through your handbag, taking out the many receipts and candy wrappers, before finally finding what you were looking for and falling backwards onto your bed once more.

Opening your phone onto the last screen that was used, a wall of missed incoming calls from an unknown number flooded your call history, but for some unknown reason your first and only thought went back to Mr. 742.

All of these back-and-forths will end up giving me whiplash...

In a vaguely creepy way, it appeared to make sense in your head, because it's not like this would be the first time he managed to attain your personal details, like your postal address or Instagram handle...

Super charging into his LINE conversation screen, you needed to prove it first hand.

Holding your breath when the screen finally loaded, you could at least confirm 1 thing.

The unknown number plaguing your call history surely didn't belong to him, but horror quickly settled in as you noted the dozens of call logs with 'Not Yoongi', ranging between 10 seconds to 17 minutes long.

Great.

Let's just destroy all of our chances with one of the only people on this god forsaken planet that might ever be interested in me!

At this rate, you're not sure if you'll ever be able to slide any of the horrible thoughts to the back of your head about just how bad a 17 minute drunken phone call with your masked 'Genius' really could have been, or if he will ever let you live this down.

Ugh.

Someone just put me out of my misery already and resurrect me as a recycling bin in my next life...

Not having the stomach to delve further and find out exactly what had been exchanged with Mr.742 last night, your mind quickly darted back to that of the unknown mystery caller.

Who could it have been?

The effort to dig any deeper into your messages on the multiple social media apps you had downloaded on your phone seemed a little too tiring for your current mental state.

Instead, since you had already ruled out Mr.742 for still being out of the country, your next best lead was to just call the unknown number back.

Without hesitation, you pulled up your missed calls log, tapping on the most recent one before bringing the phone up to your ear.

*Ring*

*Ring*

*Ring*

Oh come on, someone has to answer!

*Ring *

*Ri-*

*BEEP*

"You've reached the voice mailbox of *Lee Taemin*, please leave a mess-"

At the sudden insert of Taemin's voice meshed in with the generic messaging prompt, you screamed, flailing to press the end call button before you chucked your phone clear across your bedroom.

"Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t!" You yelled in a panic, backing up into your closet door as if getting further away from the phone could magically take back your actions.

How on earth does he have my number!?

Your mind already clouded with hangover and regret, you immediately stormed out of your bedroom, slamming yourself onto the couch in a huff.

That's it!

I'm serious this time!

I am NEVER drinking again!

As you wished you could wallow on your couch forever like the pitiful cave goblin that you are, the faint sounds of your phone ringing from the other room quickly invaded that thought. 

And it didn't take a Genius to guess who might be on the other end of the call either, but the undeniable guilt of leaving a phone call unanswered was too much for your already fragile self to handle in that moment. 

Rushing back into your bedroom and answering your phone right before it diverted to voicemail, a hungover, gurgling noise that could only be described as death and pain left you. 

-

"-Glughhhhhh, uh-hello?"

"(Y/N)? It's Taemin. Are you okay? Did you get home alright last night?"

"Huh, yeaa- I guess I made it home alrigh-"

Wait...

"Ahh, I'm really sorry! I came as soon as I could and tried to call you... But you were already gone by the time I got there! I'm glad to know you were able to get home okay, I was really worried..."

What...?

Struck by complete confusion to everything he was saying, all of your words had completely escaped you.

"(Y/N)? You really don't sound so good. Tell me your address and I'll stop by with some food and medicine for you!"

You took a moment to side-eye the now emptied nightstand, where only moments earlier you were stuffing yourself silly with snacks and drinks.

Usually any new offerings of food would happily be welcomed by your bottom-less stomach, but you couldn't manage to shake that awful feeling of guilt that was coming from within you. 

He is too nice for me.

I don't deserve this...

And regardless, you were definitely in no state for this Prince Charming to be seeing you. 

"Uh- Taemin, that's really sweet of you... but I'm fine. I should really get some more sleep..."

"Okay, get some rest. Let me know how you're feeling when you wake up, or if you need anything. It's the least I can do for missing you last night!"

-

To say you were feeling dizzy and confused as the phone call ended, would be a huge understatement. 

Woah. 

But if it really wasn't Taemin, then how on earth did I get here and who was inside my bedroom?!

Could it really have been Mr.742??

Am I not going crazy after all?!

The dizzying feeling quickly became too much to cope with, sending your already delicate and light-headed ass into the kitchen for a much needed glass of water.

As if this entire morning hadn't already been weird enough...

You must have guzzled down 3 large glasses without pause before your eyes suddenly caught sight of a mysterious brown paper bag placed in the dead center of your kitchen counter.

Frozen in place for a moment, you eyed the words written on the front.

It's from the overpriced organic market down the street...

You could feel your heart-rate increasing as you padded over to the bag in question and timidly opened it up to peer inside.

The contents were things you never would have bought yourself, since they were entirely too expensive for your embarrassingly low budget.

And far too healthy...

One by one you emptied the bag; a huge perfectly red apple, a box of cinnamon oats, a bag of cheddar cheese pretzels and three different kinds of nutrition bars.

Following your intuition you walked over to your usually empty fridge, swinging the door open to find more than what you had expected.

Three large plastic containers of ready-made soup from the same organic market, a package of fresh cherries, a bottle of ginger kombucha and an entire assortment of fresh organic vegetables.

What the hell...

Who ever bought all of this, clearly doesn't understand me.

Just before you closed the fridge door, you reached inside and picked up the small piece of paper that was wedged in-between the soup containers, squinting your tired hungover eyes to make out the messy handwriting.

Nearly stopping your own heart in the process, the words written there rang through your head.

"Take care of yourself, Yoongi's girl."

-----

Hi Angels!

Long time no see! How is everyone?

I'm really sorry for my disappearance over this last month. It hasn't been the best time for me. Between the world ending, over-working myself and having to deal with family members being in and out of hospital.... my writing unfortunately had to take a backseat. I'm surprised I even managed to bust this update out.

But despite all of that, I really wanted to thank all of the lovely people that reached out or checked in, and thank everyone in general for your amazing support!

Anyways! I hope ya'll like this new update! I can't really say it's my best work.... So I'm sorry about that... But hopefully this will get the ball rolling again. I'm really excited for what's coming around the corner with this story ^^ 

As always, don't forget to vote and leave lots of comments! It seriously makes my day reading all of your hilarious reactions ❤

And just one last thing... I know this whole year has basically just been a giant nightmare worldwide. So I hope everyone is dealing with it the best they can or has the support network they need! Fortunately Wattpad is filled with so many lovely and supportive people.
Stay safe and healthy, make good choices and lets all try to spread love and peace the best we can. You never know who's day you might be able to brighten. 

Sending out lots of love and hugs,
Katie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 3.1K 25
a paige bueckers story.
256K 5.6K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
704K 16.7K 73
"You and me always and forever." 9-1-1 Season 2+ Start- March 26 2023 Finish I do not own any 9-1-1 characters or their plots. I do own my character...
227K 21.9K 55
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...