When I Decided to Divorce Her...

By arulpirai

He decided to divorce her.... Then.... More

Part # 1
Part# 2
Part #3
Part# 4
Part # 5
Part # 6
Part #7
Part # 9
Part # 10
Part #11

Part # 8

2.7K 130 61
By arulpirai

Shravan's POV :

It hurts ...

When you wanted to explain that you weren't wrong , but couldn't..

I was wondering if I could console her... She was lying at the farthest corner of the bed , carefully not showing her teary eyes to me... Her posture that curled up like a caterpillar clearly told that she was still sobbing...

Sumo... Please...I can correct all these things... don't cry...

I wanted  to hold her in my arms securely ... I badly wanted to say that it was a mistake ... I wished the moment we shared together would've been long lasted... I wished the moment I pecked on her hairline would have stood still...

I had no courage to call her by name... I shouldn't hurt her again...

My every muscle twitched in tension... But ,I have no other way than to witness her  each broken pieces , sitting  beside in harrowing silence...

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

" Happy Monday sir..."

My assistant wished me cheerfully... His face was   brightly lit like a thousand watt  bulb...

" Sir... As you said , I have filed the petition... Here are the details sir..."

He was completely unaware what I was going through... In other way I had no reasons to scold him as it was me who told him to do so...

I simply nodded as a reply..." Huhh... How did you file the petition though it was a week end ?"

I asked in curious...

" Sir... Simple..!. Money...and  I added the name Malhothra, the great criminal lawyer !"

" I see...!" I pouted in distress...

For the  first time I felt guilty of being popular...

" Sir... Aren't you happy?" He interrogated...

If you say atleast one word extra... I swear I will crush  your throat...!!!

I engulfed the outrage ,by smiling crooked...

" Nothing...just thinking to reward you...how about a month salary as increment?! "

" Sir...?! ". He eyed me baffled as my expression and my statement didn't match...

I threw a death glare at him and gestured him to drive...

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Already the media had gathered in the family court for some other issue ... 

The media shouldn't make this issue as a serious one.. !

Literally ,I pleaded God before getting down...I saw Sumo's car at the parking lot... My eyes wandered over the crowd to spot her...but , failed...

Perhaps ,she must be inside...

Actually , that's good only... If media people target me I could divert them ...

As I approached towards the family court , I was encountered by so many questions...

" Mr.Malhothra... why you are here?"

" Any special Case , you're dealing with family court?"

"  You're a criminal lawyer..Are you going to appear  in any case here ?"

" Are you here to divorce your wife...?"

Those unstoppable queries fired my mind... I clenched my jaw and shouted at them...

" Will you all stop it for God sake... !I am here for some other reasons... Please focus on what you have to..."

Leaving behind all the murmurs , I entered the family court...

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

As there were so many benches to inquire each of the petitions, I told my assistant to check the room number..

As he went to check , I wandered over the corridor restless...

Since the windows were opened, I could hear the conversation that went on from one of the judges personal  chamber. 

" It's not fair at all... Let me talk to him.. "

" No... That's completely his decision and I could manage .. "

" Suman..I can't do this for you... Let's settle down this out of court..."

Soft sob came out as a reply..

Sumo...!!

I entered the judge's personal chamber in a wink...

My goodness...!

Sumo was sitting infront of the judge... The judge was one of the  juniors of nanaji...

I was shocked...

Above all , once my junior had a clash with her in a case... Obviously , I was not on her good books...

My idiotic mistake  shouldn't go  so long..!!! Our life shouldn't be ruined because of my foolish decision...!

Invariably , nanaji and all Sumo's well-wishers came to my mind , threatening tragic curse on me...

Deliberately clearing my throat ,I  knocked the door to get in...

My sudden entry enforced a long silence in the room...

  While sumo was sitting quietly , the judge showed me the chair to sit...

  My assistant approached me and whispered me that she was the judge for my petition...

I told him to be outside and sat at the edge of the seat discomfort as the judge was going through the petition..

" Mr. Malhothra... I wish we could talk about this here itself... I don't want unnecessary media attention over Suman..."

She spoke mechanically that I very much appreciated and nodded my head slightly ...

" I can't believe this...! How is  it possible to decide your married life to be unworthy in a short period...? Don't you think you are in haste? In that case ,you shouldn't have married a woman .. At least ,her life would have been saved..."

I was rotating my mobile ,  while my toes tapped the floor tensed...

" And ... You are a genius criminal lawyer... I accept... But , law and order is equal to everyone... You can't file a divorce petition until six months of your marriage...you had persuaded to file the case with your money and power.... But ,I can't take up this  case as this is very short time to apply for divorce... "

Sumo sat , hanging her head in embarrass...

" Mr. Malhotra... We had issues and  That's our profesion... As a well-wisher , I dismiss this case... I can't do this to Suman... Take up this second chance... Try to live the life...If you wish I could suggest a counselor too"

She spoke softly , where my heart overfilled with peace...

Thank God... It's over..I will manage Sumo somehow... I would even fall on her feet to console her...

I sighed in relief...

As the judge noted the word- ' case  dismissed ' in the petition papers , sumo looked up at the judge...

" Thank you madam... May be you are right... Sometimes , the little  misunderstandings may disrupt the entire relationship... We will look into it..."

She let out a smile at her...

I really thanked God for making Sumo to  understand the situation...

   Then she asked...

" Madam... If you don't mind , may I know the reason he had mentioned for our divorce.. ? May be I could  work on it..."

  No...!! Sumo should not know the reason...

" Infidelity..."

In a second , Sumo's face became stony... Tears welled up in her eyes...she gulped hard to suppress her grief...

She lifted her face and looked at me with fierce eyes...

Those eyes asked me so many questions that I never could answer...

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️
  " Sumo..  I can explain.. please listen to me ..." 

I was mumbling after her as she was walking to her car stiffened..I didn't mind the people who were staring at me in an eerie..I continued to walk behind her pleading to give a chance...

She turned at me at one point , " stop it shravan.. You have done what you can.. Now , don't behave as though you feel guilt for what you have done."

" No sumo.. I was wrong I accept it.. Give  me a chance to rectify it." I was ready to go to any point to console her..

She nodded disappointed... " Shravan.. people are watching .. don't create a scene .. "

She spoke at suppressed tone , gritting her teeth..

"I don't care .. I need to talk with you" I was insisting her..

" Get in , shravan.." She opened her car door and asked me to get in..

After I  got in, She shut the door .. The way she banged the door resonated her anger..

She started the engine and drove , focusing the road.. She never bothered to consider my presence even , until we reach Malhothra Mansion...

She got down and headed to the entrance... I followed...

She started to pack her things as soon as she entered our room...I was literally shocked..

"Sumo.. I did  a terrible mistake . Now , I am on my toes behind you to pardon me.. Don 't  repeat what i had done already.. Give me a minute .. I can clear everything..."

I followed her wherever she moves to arrange her luggage.. 

At one point I shouted at her to stop..

She paused for a second and continued to pack....

She's going to leave me!!!!

The thought made me to shiver... At any cost I shouldn't loose her..  My heart began to thumb out of ribcage... Quivering , I  grabbed her hands with teary eyes...

" Sumo.. I wanted to live a blissful life with you..Until recently , I was blinded by the ego and was unable to feel your love for me.. Don't leave me as such .. I was wounded so deep in my childhood where the scars are still  hurting.... When I was with you I felt like I was healed... The insecurity and loneliness I had in me  went out slowly... When you were at my arms yesterday , you said that you feel safe... I want you to hold me safe in your arms.. Sumo.. Please understand... I need you"

My voice broke as my eyes started unstoppable  tears... I cupped her cheeks and caressed them softly...

I expected some feeling for me on her eyes ... But ,I was disappointed...Her eyes were blank without any expressions..

    I looked into her eyes deeply and stated as the tears rolled down my cheeks...

" Sumo.. I was not aware that I possess a precious  woman from nowhere in the world but directly from God...you are my sunrise and sunset.. you are my warm lap  and fierce punch...you are my mother and my daughter... Forgive me for what I had done unknowingly... I need you.. I need you sumo.."

My voice shuffled from high to low as I spoke at a stretch with overfilled feelings right away from heart...

She stood still for some time... Slowly , she removed my cupped hands from her cheeks..

Stepping back , she wiped her tears that dripped down involuntarily...

" Shravan...  You're right..  I was safe at your arms... As a matter of fact I wanted it badly..  and I  will forgive you for thousand times... because ,I love you... but , tell me one thing, didn't you feel guilt to sign the divorce document...? I would forgive that too... Didn't your heart shake as you mention the word - infidelity...? It pricks me a lot Shravan... I will never forgive you for that..."

Her tone was stern at the end though she was crying...

" And...you know what shravan...!! You have the problem..  you can't trust anyone.. "

While she was yelling ,I interrupted...

" No Sumo... I trust you..."

I went close to her...

" For how long Shravan...? How can I trust you that you won't apply for divorce again...? Again ,if you do so ,I may kill myself.. "

" Sumo..." I leaned on the wall unable to bear her words...

" So... It's over... Good-bye Shravan.. "

She began to descend down the stairs...

I stood holding the door ...

Gasping for breath ,I shouted...

" Sumo... You are my everything... I won't leave you..."

She looked up at me...

" Are you going to kill me...?" Her tone was abnormally quiet...

The word ' kill' literally pulled  my heart apart.... It was like a needle prick that had  persistent in my soul for a lifetime...

I replied her , regaining the composure though I feel like crying out loud...

" No... I will find you wherever you go... I will be behind you to forgive me..."

She pouted her lips and threw the mobile on the floor...

" I am not going to have the mobile or car anymore... If you can , get me and make me to forgive you..."

" Sumo..."

As I went on my knees to cry louder ,she walked to the gate without turning to me......

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 1.4K 12
Suman is an artist and engaged to Aditya . Things turn ugly and her engagement breaks off .Shattered and vulnerable Suman bumps into Shravan on that...
110K 4.5K 24
Suman and Shravan got married in an unconventional way . He wasn't happy with the decision he took hastily and walked out on his family and his wife...
15.1K 776 14
10 years ago he removed her from his life, but now he want her in his life. What will happen when they meet again?....
32.7K 1.5K 12
Shravan tumne shaadi ke liye ha kaha..beta lekin tum... O come on papa just relax..ye sirf shaadi nahi hai ye toh miss suman tiwari ki barbadi hai...