One More Time

By mkamri

Ranked 1 in #asian on 09.05.2020 1 in... More

One More Time
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43(i)
43(ii)
44
45
46
47
48
50
51

49

17.6K 831 58
By mkamri

The day of bhai-phota came and passed quickly. It was like any other day. Only Tuhin came to meet his sister. Koustav too, left for office after Titli completed the ritual. Ria herself had mixed the sandal powder with curd and dew. Tuhin sat to eat some sweets when she had done applying the 'phota'. Koustav fondled with his car-keys and nodded a hesitant bye to everyone. As Koustav left, Ria felt lonely cause she had grown the habit of seeing him all day since last few days.

The whole day ,she kept herself in her room, opening her books and trying getting back to her study mode. The University classes would be resuming from the next day. Titli on the other hand, had her final exams starting from this month's 3rd week. Sumit had sent her to Ria for revising her chapters. Usually she would have started rambling about school and other topics, but today Ria seemed different, a little grumpy. Titli chose to keep quiet.

Koustav got back around 8:30 in the evening. The work load did not allow him to even call her once. He was thinking about her reaction while returning.As he entered, no one was in the hall.Mita saw him as he sat on the sofa,gulping water from a bottle, she took his bag and kept a glass of juice in front of him, "Take it for 'your wife'. I tried multiple times, she has not taken anything since you left." Koustav had to go upstairs.

Titli saw him first. She got relief as her escape was in front of her eyes. Ria was giving her problems for solving continuously. " Dada is here. You two talk.....I'm going downstairs to eat something.",not waiting for Ria's saying anything,she literally ran away.

Koustav was looking at her. She got up from the bed and kept her books aside. " Your towel is in the bathroom,go and change. Why are you standing there like a statue?", she instructed pointing at the washroom.

"Ma sent this for you", he kept the glass on the table nearby. He dragged it no further and obeyed his wife like a kid.

The glass was still full as he returned." Don't forget to drop me from tomorrow. I'll leave at 10:10."

He looked at her from the back. His appointment was on tomorrow too. " I fixed my appointment tomorrow with my healer. You wanted to come too. Are you still coming?",he asked in a low voice.

He noticed Ria touching her forehead with two fingers." Yeah....thanks for telling, I had almost forgotten."

Koustav took the chance and walked near her. "What has happened? Why did you not eat?",he kept his head on her shoulder and asked. All the tension,anxiety she had started to vanish with his being so close.

"Who told you?",She asked still looking outside.

"Ma's tone. She never called you 'my wife' ever before. Since I remember, she adresses you as her daughter.",Koustav thought she would be normal by now.

Hearing his callous reply,her insides burned. This pregnancy was making her depressed and annoyed at every other thing." How could she not call me that as her only son never accepted me before? It is the main thing you clarified on our reception.",she took the glass and finished the content in just two long sips.

Koustav was very tired himself. He went downstairs and asked Binni to serve dinner, on the other hand Ria was sulking. Her eyes got brighter as he saw him coming in the room with two plates." If you don't eat right now,with me,I'm cancelling my appointment.",closing the door Koustav said directly. He watched as she sat on the chair and waited for him.

Two of them ate and slept early that night. Koustav knew he had to explain her everything and Ria was afraid thinking she had pissed him off.

The next morning Ria's mood was good as he dropped her. This time Koustav made no mistake in mumbling "love you!",which her made blush. Saying bye ,she entered the campus.

The first half of the day passed as usual,but after the break,Ria was getting nervous thinking about meeting the doctor.

Koustav was on time today,so they reached the clinic. Ria observed that the place had a peaceful environment. They went inside after waiting for their call.

Ria kept sitting on the chair next to him. The doctor though took him to another room. She just sat, nothing much he discussed in front of her. When they were done and leaving, she heard him telling," I'd take five minutes with your wife Koustav. Wait outside please."

As Ria sat the doctor gave a warm smile. Not knowing what to ask,Ria cleared her voice," How is he progressing? I mean has....has he improved?"

"See dear, progress and improve....I don't believe in these two words personally. I started seeing him as my student Tuhin prefered him to me. He was hesitant at first. Then it took time for him to say into what he had stuck his mind.

He was disoriented. He needed a path...an aim to live.....it will be better if you hear it. I generally record people. Hear it.

I would go to work and it would seem that everything was same as it always had been. But then I would come home. Wow! Just walking into the empty house. Sometimes only my mother. Nobody to say hello or ask me how I got on that day.There were delicious food but not the taste of meals prepared by her. Others were there, not just my wife. She was the single person who used to look after me. She chose what to wear, blue tie- grey socks-even the color of my lunch box......

to this recorded today

I'm seeing a hope in our future. I'm not having bad dreams regularly. Ria is great, she never pokes her head in my past. When I discuss about Nikita,she is the one crying.....silly girl..... She is saving me....each day I'm loving her more. Am I forgetting her Sir? "The doctor stopped the records. Ria sat there still.

" It takes time. But he is trying and as the nearest family what you have to do is to support. Both mentally and sometimes physically. And Congratualtions! I heard the good news!", he smiled.

Koustav was waiting for her as she got out. The first question came out of her mouth today ," How does he know Tuhin da?"

"Tuhin saved his son from comitting suicide during our college. This man sees him like his own from then.",Koustav declared and started the car as she entered.

"Now where to?",Ria saw him smiling. His dimples once again lured her.

"Home. We need to talk. I mean...I need to tell, you are to hear", she said fastening the seat belt.

Others were not home when they returned." It is starting to get cold, carry some shawl or light wooly stuffs from now on." ,Koustav's voice came from behind her.

They sat on the bed and Koustav asked," Now, tell me. "

" The hormonal imbalance is driving me crazy. Plus I'm making you more irritated. I'm concentrating in my studies with great trouble. I'll finish post grad in mere 2-3 months. Do you think, I should go back to my parents place for this time being?", The last line from her mouth really pissed him.  He scrunched up his eye brows and asked," No.....You are not irritating me....but when you tell about going back, it seriously upsets me. So...you will live here with me, in front of my eyes."
The face he made at last, made Ria visibly happy. " What about my job? You heard right, your parents told my parents that I can pursue further studies or take any jobs?",she added.

"Why would I have problem with that?",Koustav was stunned as his wife suddenly pulled him towards her and started kissing him. " What did the doctor said to you?",he asked with a sly grin.

" Nothing much, just to look after my husband's needs!",and Ria winked kissing and biting his earlobes.

Their marital bliss and love with each other grew with time. 3 months passed. As the seventh month started, it slowly made it tough for Ria as her mobility got quite restricted. Sumit had to rejoin office. As when Koustav could not give her time ,being busy in the complex matters of 2 companies ,the whole family had to see her crying or in bad mood. This enabled Koustav to give her more time during the advanced stage.

In the meanwhile,in her 6th month, her reports had come somewhat predicting that no normal deliveries could be done with the baby,as the foetus had not turned upside down at its proper time. Koustav had seen her crying before, he could understand what the doctor said. But Ria was not getting anything. Her classes were done. She rarely got out of house, so Koustav had to literally force her for going to movies. Ria chose to pray in front of any temple thats path she crossed.

Ria had a great baby shower at her seventh month. She wore a beatiful saree with the jewelleries sent by her mother. Dr.Parimal was also invited along with his family. Koustav looked at her from a far and was perhaps smiling in his mind. Suddenly someone patted on his shoulder," 8th month starting. A few warnings,take very good care of her, in case of any smaller problems too, call me! And no more sex! I may be  your uncle, but saying it as a dutiful parent. I will declare the date soon. My assumption says.........not much days are left.",saying it Parimal left to chat with Sumit.

As guests left, Koustav had a single work left- to give her foot massage. The doctors words soothed her as she heard them from him.

Mostly the nights were sleepless for them, because she could not sleep  on her back, neither on her sides. Seeing her report the next week, Parimal declared," The size of the foetus has increased a bit. Your wife's body frame is small. The more I wait,the more it will be painful for Ria.  The baby is healthy. We can take her out in the next week."

Coming home,Koustav told her the whole thing blankly. He thought she would be tensed as any normal person gets terrified on getting the news of operation. But to his surprise, she was happy,smiling and calling her mother. He sat there being dumbstuck.

Everyday now Koustav counted. He was happy for the arrival of the baby. But he feared of losing her. On the day of her admission, the family went with her. Mita made her eat some porridge and hugged her. The kisses she gave her, defined how important she was to her, or to the house.

The next morning was the scheduled time. The whole night Koustav was on the roof,smoking and thinking of her. Only her. 11months had passed since August. Now the cloudless sky of July made him more impatient each passing moment. One moment he smiled thinking about the little munchkin the next moment he thought about her,what she would be doing now.

Only then his phone rang. It was Ria's number that showed on the screen.

Koustav- Hello!

Ria- Its me. Were you sleeping?

Koustav- no....I'm on the roof, missing you,thinking about you.

Ria- I just got up. The IV is damn painful.

Koustav- Call the nurse and ask if any soothing gel they can provide or not. Should I come ?

Ria- No....it is bearable. You go and sleep.

Koustav- why did you call me at this time?

Ria- we never discussed what are we going to name it? I mean the baby.

Koustav- I've one in mind. Its Idhyant.

Ria- I think it is going to be a girl. I like Pratistha. How is it?

Koustav( chucking)- if any normal,sane person hear us at this time, he will laugh.....we can decide it later too.

Ria- Ok. Good night.

And she ended the call. Koustav saw the dawn ,how the sky felt beautiful after so many years. 23 rd July.

Koustav and his father, Tuhin and Soma reached the hospital at 8:30. She was scheduled to enter the OT at 10. Soma hugged and kissed her. Others stayed outside the room while Koustav stayed with her until she was taken inside the OT. Tuhin made his best, to talk to him. But he was quiet, watching his watch multiple times, waiting for both to come out safely.

After 39 minutes a junior doctor came out with the baby wrapped in a towel. Koustav stood there. It seemed like he saw an angel. He could not believe when he held him for the first time." Idhyant....welcome" ,and he slightly kissed on his forehead. "Where is she? How is she?",he asked the fear gripping his voice again. The baby was transferred to the doctor again. " The patient is being monitored and sewing stage right now. It'll take 1hour more. But she is doing well. ",The doctor said and left.

Koustav  finally relieved when she was taken out of the OT with her baby on thr side. Her eyes were closed. Parimal finally came out and talked about the process." Don't worry. Go and eat something. She'll get back her senses within 15-20 minutes.",rebuked Parimal seeing Koustav's sleep deprived face.

Soma literally cried seeing them and phoned Mita.Others beamed in joy. Tuhin dragged Koustav for eating something and accepted all the cursings with a happy face.

_________________________________________

Hey loves! Thanks for being here and reading this story. DO VOTE,COMMENT AND SHARE. The book is in its last phase. Only one chapter is left. Comment if you want that part soon. Stay safe. Take Care. Be happy.♥️♥️♥️♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 5.8K 32
"All I wanted was your respect, Prem." "All I wanted was your love, Abhi." "All I wanted was your care, Rahul." "But I got not even a bit of it." The...
233K 3.3K 16
☆ Ranked # 1 in plussize ☆ ☆ Ranked # 1 in happyending ☆ ☆ Ranked # 1 in husbandandwife ☆ ☆ Ranked # 1 in maturecontent ☆ ☆ Ranked # 1 in forcedmarri...
364K 32.2K 59
Welcome to my first General Fiction WEDLOCK BY FATE! "Don't provoke me you Short Cake!" He snorted. "What if I provoke you Longosaur?" I grunted. "I...
83K 3K 32
||Book 1|| ♡Aliasha Rathore♡ ~"har aashiq ki ajab kahani hai, chup rehna bhi pyaar ki nishani hai". A 24 year-old global superstar. She has everythi...