ADORE YOU

By _awizardsway_

She was like art, exquisite & fascinating. Admired by many, yet he was the one who truly had the privilege to... More

COPYRIGHT
AESTHETIC
1•Introduction•
2•First Meet•
3•Thoughts•
4•Plotting•
5 •Confident•
6 •Payback's a Bitch•
7 •Surprises•
8 •The Announcement•
9 •The Invitation•
11• Conciliation•
12 •Periculum•
13 • Amicis •
14 • Principium •
15 • Dolor •
16 • The Proposal •
17 • High •
18 • Dangerous •
19 • Realisation •
20 • Is it a date? •
21 • Terror •
22 • Confessions •
23 • Afraid •
24 • Halycon •
25 • Falling •
27 • Calor •
28 • Hush hush •
29 • Home •
30 • Inked •
31 • Initiis Novis •

10 •The Gala•

147 25 8
By _awizardsway_

10

The Gala

Girl crush- Harry Styles

a|n: Contains Mature Language

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mia's P.O.V.:-

"Guys code red I repeat we have a code red situation" I announce as soon as I walk through our home. "What happened who died? " Hannah rushed to the living room looking quite distraught, " Where's the fight who I have to kill" Em had a baseball bat in her hand ready for a fight while me and Hannah looked at her weirdly.

"No guys, no one died and neither you need to kill someone Em although if you killed that douche bag I would give you anything. I need a dress and a date so yes it is a code red. " I mean obviously it was an emergency situation to find a dress and a date both a headache for me.

"That's it, man I thought I would get to use my bat" Em dejectedly says while plopping down the couch, "Wait why do you need that and for the last time Mia such things are not emergencies so stop scaring us ..or rather me"Hannah says.

"Well don't tell that to a person who has dated all the hopeless people, anyway apparently I am invited to the success party of Aiden King before you both think otherwise he didn't invite me I am just going as a replacement as he is unavailable or rather as a retribution just because I cursed Aiden in front of him" I mean if he hadn't done it I would probably would have laying in my bed the whole weekend.

"Mia you got to stop fighting with him this is getting too much and as far as I know I am sure it was some petty reason which could be ignored and honestly it is irritating too I mean don't you get tired of the everyday fighting" Em says, petty reason what does she think I love to fight with him or what it is just that when I look at him I want to punch in his perfect teeth.

"Em it was not a petty reason you seriously think I like to fight with him" I mean I am a person to avoid a fight but that doesn't mean I would run from it.  "Generally yes, but for whatever reason in Aiden's case you find reasons to fight and also the reason your enemity started might not even be true as I told you before" Hannah tries to explain.

"Is it really the time to talk about this because honestly I am freaking out I don't have a dress and as far as I know finding a date for me is next to impossible" I try not to panic as I have already told aiden about me having a date and I don't want to give him any reason to laugh at me.

"Relax, we will look for a dress we might have something so no need to waste your money and as for your date I know you won't be comfortable with a random person so you can take Em with you I mean come on you don't need a man besides you." Hannah finds the solution as always I mean I can take Em as a date and honestly I would be comfortable with her the whole night and might even get to enjoy a bit rather than going with some guy who I barely know.

"Man thank god for that I would spend that money on some food rather than to buy some stupid dress which are expensive like hell by the way you are also coming right I mean I am sure by now Augustine might have asked you as always and Em are you okay coming I mean your one day of weekend gets ruined" Hannah always goes on the parties since she was with Augustine so it was no big secret that this year would be any different and I hope Em agrees as we all get to spend time together.

"Its fine I can come I don't have anything do anyway I mean you both are going so might as well tag along and also I might find some guys to look at" trust Em to find a reason like that and I am 100%sure she might be coming for that reason only not because she didn't have us on the weekend. We both look at Hannah waiting for her to answer.

"Yes I am coming and before you ask Augustine is gifting me a dress as always I don't see why he does that I mean I can get a dress it is not like I am broke or something" it was something Augustine always did I didn't understand why Hannah found it annoying I honestly thought it was cute.

"Girl you are lucky to find a man like that, it is so difficult to find a guy like him nowadays besides he is your boyfriend how he deals with that is honestly a mystery because sometimes even we want to hit you in your head that much of a idiot you are" Em was right the guy was beyond perfect as far as we know.

"And honestly if someone buys me dress I wouldn't have to waste money on it which I would be greatful for I really hope I get someone like that" I mean who wouldn't want a guy like that.

"You will know how I feel when your guy buys you clothes even when you are capable of paying for them anyways can we focus on the more pressing matters now you want a dress or not" we that we all begin dress hunting. I was rather thinking how Aiden would turn down Caitlyn or if he wouldn't I am sure the next time he sees me he is gonna kill me but it was worth it. The look on his face when I told Caitlyn about him fancying her was priceless.

"Mia focus here you want to find a dress or not and I know you were thinking something related to Aiden because that is all you have been doing nowadays" welp Hannah caught me.

"I don't think about him always and whenever I think I only think about strangling him and nothing else" I try to defend myself.

"The important thing is that you think about him.. wait I think I found the perfect dress for you" with that she pulls out a gown and couldn't help but think that it was amazing.

"It is perfect" I complement the dress." Obviously I mean I found it" Em says while flipping her hair, "Yes the only difference is that it is mine" I retort with which she makes a face.

I just hope that party goes without any difficulties or fight I don't want Mr.Lee to be any more disappointed in me and send me to this boring parties.

Well I should have known it was too much to ask for, since the moment Aiden entered my life nothing was ever quite.

The whole week went pretty much the same, Aiden didn't react to how I had acted earlier which I don't know if it was a good thing or not. I mean the guy would act normal for a moment and stab you the next atleast with me he was pretty much unpredictable.

But I was enjoying the peace till it lasted granted he didn't lessen the workload but honestly thinking it was that much only I mean I had to run between the site and the office so many times.

Honestly I don't think he added more to the pile.

As much as I was enjoying the peace I was dreading for Saturday, I really didn't like attending the high profile parties as the people there would be A class bitches, but it wasn't like I could opt out of it.

Sitting at the dressing table while Em tried to put on some makeup while I was squirming in my seat, I realised it was saturday already.

"Stop squirming you bitch"Em hit my head while i tried to dodge her, keyword 'tried'. "Ouch that hurt, and is all this really necessary I mean don't you think it is too much" cause I did I mean she had made me put a red lipstick a color which I avoided along with some smokey eyes.

"No it is not and if you are going to such high profile parties then you must dress up nicely and now shut up let me finish it" well when I had a say in what should be done and shouldn't be.

"How do I look?" Hannah entered my room all decked up. And honestly we were lost for words that much beautiful she looked. Augustine did an amazing job selecting her gown, it was a strapless princess dress in shiny mikado with sweetheart neckline, corset bodice and the skirt had large pleats. She had her hair left open, completed it with a little bit of makeup.

"Oh my god you look so different I didn't recognize you for a second." Em broke the silence. "What is it not looking good?" Hannah was suddenly worried as she took  another meaning of Em's words.

"No idiot what she meant was that you look more stunning than you normally do" I got up for my chair assuming Em had finished her work.

"Anywho Em and me should slip into our dresses as it is only half an hour left, I assume you are going to ditch us and Augustine is going to pick you up" I mean come on why would you go with your amazing friends when you have a boyfriend.

"Shut your dramatic asses and yes he is coming which reminds me he might be already on his way here" as if on cue her phone chimed alerting her and assuming the look on her face it was Augustine only.

"Okay we know it is him now get lost and let us get ready" she took her keys and left and I really know she didn't need it as she wasn't going to come home today if you know what I mean.

"Man we are going to be single forever ain't we" honestly saying I was sometimes jealous of Hannah, obviously I was very happy for her as she had accomplished almost everything she wanted from life but the amazing relationship she had with Augustine. I earned for a love like her I know everyone has a different experiences regarding love and looking at the past I had a shitty experience in that department. I just wanted a love that would consume me make me look at life from a different perspective.

"I  know what you are thinking and stop it, quit worrying about whether you would find someone or not. Cause I know we will just because something takes time doesn't mean you'll never have it, moreover you could use this time to discover your interest , how you act and what you want from life. Because if you want to understand someone else you first have to understand yourself. Now go and get ready" Em completed while I looked at her with a blank expression.

"OMG when did you became so wise."I thought what Em said and she was right if you do not accept yourself with flaws, if you are not comfortable in your own skin or if you don't love yourself how can you expect for someone else to do that. Because when you do that you truly know your worth and no other person in the world can belittle you if you came in such an unfortunate relationship.

Cause life is a journey in discovering yourself, loving and caring not only yourself but all those around you. 

Leaving me to my thoughts Em went to dress, I also slipped into my dress carefully as Hannah had done a messy updo with some curls left, if I did anything to it I knew she would have my head on a silver platter.

When I looked in the mirror, I honestly couldn't recognize myself, both of my friends had done an amazing job with the hair and makeup. The dress Em had found in my closet was beyond beautiful it was a sleeveless v-neck dress in silver satin with delicate mini meteor beaded details in cross-over straps on the back. The gown was simple yet elegant and most importantly I was comfortable in it.

I had to carry a small clutch as the dress didn't have pockets unfortunately, collecting my phone I walked over to the Living room where I waited for Em while I slipped some chocolates into my clutch or rather stuffed. 

"Holy shit Em you look beyond gorgeous" and that she did, the dress she wore complemented her skin it was a golden beige sleeveless with Roman-inspired details, sliver leafy straps of threaded and beaded embroidery with a long slit. She had her hair half up and half down.

"Well you should try your best to make you feel confident, and who knows I might even get laid today" Trust Em to do such crude talks. "So that means I am going to be alone tonight I mean I know Hannah will not come, and judging your face you also won't." well at least I will have the whole house to myself.

I took my keys and locked the house, well as they both were not coming home we were taking my car, as soon as we got in Em started talking while I drove" Oh shit Mia you have to drive alone home you know what I am fine I'll come home with you" she declares. "No Em I don't need a babysitter okay, I have traveled late this ain't nothing" I mean I was not going to let this opportunity surpass I hardly have the house to myself.

"You are just saying this because you are going to have the house all to yourself, selfish ass" Well she caught me. 

The party was at one of the King's hotels, luckily Mr. Lee had sent me the invite otherwise I would have been thrown out.

I handed my keys to the valet, the manager checked the guest list and let me in but not before asking, "Excuse me, ma'am here it says plus one so..." he trailed as if he didn't see Em beside me. "Well if you had kept your eyes open you would see her siding beside me. And it is 21st century people grow up I don't need my arm around a man to look pretty a woman works fine too and if not even great" With that I walked inside the venue.

"That was amazing bro, but..." Em started. "No Em they need to change their bloody thinking they can't judge anyone just because of people's interests sick people are" I finished. "You know that is great but what I was trying to say was when that guy asked you about your date I was walking behind my dress, so I think he was genuinely asking and not from any other intentions" Why does this stuff keep happening to me?

"Fuck" I exclaimed and we decided to leave that topic there to save me from any further embarrassment.

Both I and Em were in awe of the ballroom, it was modern yet had a bit of a hint of Victorian style in it. It also had some signs of a gothic theme something I noticed about Aiden was he was obsessed with gothic, his office, his living room, and now this ballroom but thinking in regards to that it suited his mysterious yet attentive personality.

We spotted Augustine and Hannah near the bar where quickly walked over while trying not to trip over my dress. "Hey Em, Mia you both look gorgeous" Augustine complemented us. "Hi, Augustine might I say that you look dashing as well" he had wore an black tuxedo with a white dress shirt and a black boe tie.

Honestly saying everyone in the room looked beyond beautiful I was glad I let Em pick up my dress because seriously I had no idea how I would have turned up to this party. I let my eyes roam the room looking at people or rather searching for a particular person.

My both friends are right I am spending too much time thinking about Aiden luckily Caelum arrived and saved me from slipping into my thoughts.

"Ladies you all look alluring, don't tell Augustine I said that" Caelum praised us while thinking Augustine was busy on the phone. 

"Too late" Augustine had an arm around Caelum's neck while he tried to escape. "Shut up guys" Hannah broke them apart.

"Are these parties always so boring" Em whined while sipping her champagne while we all settled ourselves to a nearby table. "Generally no, but only those which my brother throws" A handsome guy dressed in a maroon suit with a white dress shirt walked towards us he was also accompanied by a gorgeous lady who was dressed in a navy blue gown.

"Oh you might not know them let me introduce you.." Caelum started but was cut off by the girl."I think we can do that, Hello I am Ava King, and this is my idiotic twin Adrian King nice to meet you and Adrian by the way Aiden throws the best parties" she tried to defend her brother.

"Well, I think I'll have my service more fun than this," I thought but judging by their looks I said that out loud. "Oh shit I am so sorry I didn't mean to offend you it just slipped out" I mean it was okay to fight with Aiden truthfully saying I was comfortable but I didn't know how Ava would react and seriously it came out rude.

"I think we will get along very well," Adrian said while I was glad he did that, Ava was still drilling holes in my face. "we already met Hannah, so you are Emilia and you are Mia  I could tell that by how you reacted just now" never in my life I have wanted to run so badly bloody hell I was scared by someone younger than me, I could seriously tell Ava had so many similarities to Aiden as compared to Adrian.

"Relax I am just joking besides I wouldn't want to pick up a fight with someone who can challenge Aiden" I relaxed but now I was red. "Does everyone I know about us?'' I asked. "No only me, Ava, Mom, Dad, yeah I think everyone has heard him rant about you and it is not easy to forget someone who fights with him daily I am shocked that he didn't fire you or something" Adrian answered, great his whole family knows about me I have to hide myself hoping that I don't come across his parents.

"See Mia you are famous in the King's family" Em tried to increase my tension which she succeeded as I downed my glass of wine. "Chill we all find it amusing rather than disturbing"Ava tried to diffuse my tension.

Honestly meeting them made me realize that they were the sweetest people as compared to their elder brother.

"Alex, what are you doing here?"We all were puzzled to find him there. "Ouch Hannah you wound me if you aren't aware let me tell you I am a businessman and a partner of Kings Inc. so that is why I am here" he explained.

While all were laughing at something said by Adrian I was having a hard time moving my eyes from the sight in front of me why would I, it was so enticing, there was Aiden dressed in a 3 piece tuxedo which was black but if you looked closely it was the darkest shade of blue with his hair slicked back. As he had shaved his jawline was more prominent and I was having a hard time deciding if he was better looking with the beard or without it.

 Who am I kidding he looked beautiful in both looks if only we were on good terms, but then too it isn't like anything was going to happen I mean he was a King we would never fit together. I know it was not like me to compare but the lifestyle he had was terrifying while I want quiet and simple life his was the exact opposite which was the biggest barrier between us.

Why even am I thinking of it, I am losing my mind right now.

"Aiden you look amazing,"Em said eyeing him up and down while he greeted his friends but his eyes never left me. "Thanks Emilia, you both look beautiful too," he said to her and Hannah, oh alright ignore my existence.

He settled himself at the table as all his partners were giving a short speech to praise him or rather kissing his ass.

"Guys this is boring" Adrian talked softly while trying to avoid making noise. "I know right all are kissing his ass it is annoying and bloody every year it is the same" Surprisingly Ava agreed with Adrian while we all also did. "Both of you keep quiet I know it is annoying, bloody try living with it every day it isn't like you can do anything,"  Aiden said I can't even fathom how much irritating it must be for him.

"But isn't this your party you could just tell us not to do that" Alex reasoned and we all agreed too.

"It is not that easy besides that would be disrespectful to them and other than what people think, I do respect my all partners and my colleagues" Apparently I don't fit the category it seems.

"Well, don't you think that your success should be celebrated with the people close to you and not with those whom you do business with? " I asked him, I mean at least I would want to do that we the people I love.

"These people also have contributed to my success so if anything this is me thanking them and it is always been like this I wouldn't want to change it" He surprisingly replied, and I think that was a nice thought. But I ain't going to admit it to him.

" You know I think this is the most civil conversation  I have seen between the two of you"Caelum broke the silence between us.

What we always don't fight, do we?

"That is not true" I defended. "We had more civil conversation Caelum, we aren't always fighting" Aiden also said which was right.

"What he is meaning to say is that you could have been on better terms if you didn't fight" Augustine tried to show us the middle ground. I think they both just want their friends to get along which would never happen.

"Not in a million years" We both replied together. What is with people jinxing me?

"We'll see about that" Ava and Adrian spoke together, which was amazing. Wish I could have a twin for that rather a big-ass brother. Who I kidding I wouldn't replace him for anything.

"Aiden what are you doing here, your mother is searching for you and if I were you I would run" a man in his late 40s dressed in a light blue tuxedo came near our table.

"Relax Dad, I'll see what happened" With that Aiden leaves sneaking a glance at me as if aware of my stare at him.

"Hey Augustine, Caelum didn't see you there how are you?" he enquired while Ava and Adrian tried to sneak away.

" Don't try to sneak Ava and Adrian,  Diana is also finding you guys for what you did earlier now run off" What did they do to get in trouble? Diana was their mother from what I had known.

"Ah busted" With that they both ran off.

" We are great Lucas, thanks for asking" Caelum replied in I think a sarcastic tone he was still sour about Augustine strangling him.

" Lucas, you look handsome as always " Hannah complimented him. "Oh hey, Hannah my only sensible child you look beautiful as well"  I thought that it must be the right time to introduce ourselves but Hannah beat it to us.

" These are my best friends I talk about, she is Emilia and she is Mia" Em gave a smile while I tried to keep my cool.

"Hello you might know me but I believe in introducing myself,  Lucas King father of those idiots you met earlier.  You both look gorgeous as well. Wait I know Mia, aren't you the one to pick up a fight with Aiden" Is it too early to die, honestly I would dig a big pit and slip into it.

" I am so sorry sir I have no intention to be disrespectful but I just can't keep my mouth shut if something goes wrong" I tried to apologize for I don't know what but it felt like it.

"No don't be sorry, it is great actually. Lord knows Aiden's ego needs to be bruised sometimes and it is good that he found someone who keeps him on his toes" One thing I could say was his father and I were going to get along his whole family is awesome except him though I have not met his mother but I have a feeling she will also be cool.

Lucas left after conversing with us and we were just talking well except for me who was busy eyeing the food counter. Hey don't judge okay I hadn't had a morsel of food since morning cause I wasn't fitting in the dress and I was too lazy to go for a fit so I decided to take my chances and cut down the food for a while and voila he fit like a skin but seriously I am regretting it now. Also, the chocolates I had sneaked weren't helping cause as soon as I opened my clutch everyone had stolen it. I didn't even get one.

" You know what this is too much silence, I'll ask for some music and we are going to dance, and no excuse. Cause it is tradition. "Caelum announced, I don't want to firstly I was famished and secondly though I loved dancing I was a bit shy about it.

" Yeah let me think, how about no" I said to Caelum while he just gave me a blank look and pulled me with him in the middle of the room after requesting for a song.

And girl crush by Harry Styles started to play, with that he put his arms around me while I reluctantly followed his lead.

And more people I started to join I also noticed Ava pulling Aiden. While he followed her.

"What is with the tradition" I asked Caelum about earlier. " It is just that the parties which are thrown by Aiden are a little bit boring so to make it fun we have this tradition of dancing " He replied and it didn't make any sense.

After a while he asked me to lead him, while the others in the room looked at us weirdly we were laughing our asses off as despite the heels Caelum had to bend down to dance.

" I can say now this is fun." I praised him. " I know right" With that I knew I had just increased his ego.

"Girl crush seriously, don't tell me Mr. Rivera you have a crush on me I am flattered" I teased him.

" Ha ha funny besides wouldn't dream of stealing you from Aiden" He mumbled under his breath while I heard him clearly though I thought I was meant to. Before I could question him we switched and Adrian took the lead.

" Hey hi, we meet again" I was in awe at how the whole King family was a work of art. And not just in the looks category but also with their charismatic personality.

"Oh hi, so how do you like this party so far, who am I kidding you are bored and hungry it's written on your face" Am I that predictable?

"You just want to embarrass me, don't you? " I know by now I was looking like a tomato.

" No, don't be ashamed to be honest I am famished too, catch you later at the food court" So he was a foodie too, we are going to be best friends.

Aiden was dancing with Caitlyn this time, I was really having a hard time controlling my laughter.

" What's funny" Adrian enquired, "Meet me at the food court I'll tell you with the whole group" He was curious but nonetheless agreed.

Alex was dancing with Em beside us and he got a call which he was ignoring but had to answer I didn't want to leave Adrian but also nor did I want Em to be left alone as I was the reason she came here. Noticing my dilemma Adrian walked off and asked someone while I gave him a grateful smile. And danced with Em as took the lead occasionally letting me also take it.

"How you fare date of mine" I teased her while she laughed. " Find anyone yet," I asked. " Well I did, though still working on it" She discreetly pointed to a man. And let me tell you he was handsome.

" Hmm, nice one great actually " And he was but he had nothing against Aiden, why the hell am I comparing him?

" Go on then, dance with him"I insist on her. "Okay, how do I look" She asked me. "Fucking hot, now go" With that we changed our partners.

While I was happy Em was dancing with the guy, it took a moment for me to realise that whom I was dancing with. The blue eyes were looking at me with so much intensity, I wanted to run away.

" I noticed you took my advice of taking Caitlyn" I tried to focus on something else rather than Aiden's hands on my bare back. "You mean to say that when you tried to impose her on me and you tried to disrupt my private life which by the way was unprofessional" He replied in his snarky tone as usual.

" Well you successfully embarrassed me in front of Mr. Lee so it was just a payback"Well that was true other than the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

"Then you must be disappointed because I didn't take her as my date, just told her that her dad wouldn't appreciate it as he didn't like relationships between colleagues, quite easy it was" Why does he have to be so bloody genius?

" Then too I had the privilege of seeing the priceless expression on your face, I don't understand why you can't date her I mean she looks beautiful, and I think she is perfect. "oh it was a golden moment for me and Caitlyn would actually suit him.

"Yes you had me, but just for a moment. Though it is none of your business, Caitlyn might be perfect but I don't want a person who is perfect, rather being imperfect yet perfect for me" Wow that was beautiful and something I wasn't expecting from him.

And the way he said it with so many emotions made me realize that he wanted someone that would love him for what he was rather than his status and money.

The song was nearing to an end, suddenly Aiden twirled me around and then had my back pressed against his front, while his arms rested on my stomach.

I seriously tried not to shiver from his toned front against my bare back. He had rested his head on my shoulder while whispering in my ear.

"Can I say that you look ravishing tonight" The way he whispered in my ears in his husky voice, had me weak in my knees.

"Well, I think this is the first time you complimented me, and you look beautiful too if it wasn't obvious" I think I did a good job of controlling the tremble in my voice.

"Beautiful huh?" Ah shit, I didn't notice that. I could hear the mirth in his voice.

" Yes beautiful, is there any problem with that" I wasn't going to admit. Besides I honestly thought he was beautiful, and is not necessary to associate the word with women, men can be beautiful too.

" Oh there is no problem and" he twirled around once again, now we were face to face with my chest firmly pressed against his.

"This isn't the first time I praised you, this time you were aware of it while at others you weren't." the song ended, while he left me on the dice.

While I stood there alone completely stunned, flustered, and along with a thousand questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey there guys, sorry for the too late update.

So that happened, Mia met the Aiden's family.

What do you think will happen after Aiden's mic dropping confession?

Will they continue to dislike each other or reconcile?

Make sure to vote and comment.

Happy reading guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 14.2K 56
"I'm living the good life that everyone else wants, I'm capable of giving you two that life but I won't because you and I know that either of you don...
25K 685 55
MATURE LANGUAGES/SWEARS AND CURSES #*@#.💋 MATURE CONTENTS 😈😈😈😈😈😈 A twisted story filled with drama, comedy, terror, sex, love, hate and power...
624K 20.4K 16
Warning: Mature. Love's like a war. It's so easy to start but so difficult to end. Just like in a war, there is always a winner and a loser. I told...
3.9M 120K 34
Mia has lived a life of abuse from her father and ex. She runs away, leaving her old life behind and creating a new one. What happens when she meets...