lion king┃markhyuck

By chogiwanese

╻guess what? this simba doesn't need his nala╹ ❀ markhyuck ❀ chogiwanese ━┅ ✎ this is made out o... More

⌜ intro ⌟
⌜ one ⌟
⌜ two ⌟
⌜ three ⌟
⌜ four ⌟
⌜ five ⌟
⌜ six ⌟
⌜ seven ⌟
⌜ eight ⌟
⌜ nine ⌟
⌜ ten ⌟
⌜ eleven ⌟
⌜ twelve ⌟
⌜ thirteen ⌟
⌜ fourteen ⌟
⌜ fifteen ⌟
⌜ sixteen ⌟
⌜ seventeen ⌟
⌜ eighteen ⌟
⌜ nineteen ⌟
⌜ twenty ⌟
⌜ twenty one ⌟
⌜ twenty two ⌟
⌜ twenty three ⌟
⌜ twenty four ⌟
⌜ twenty six ⌟
⌜ twenty seven ⌟
⌜ twenty eight ⌟
⌜ twenty nine ⌟
⌜ thirty ⌟
⌜ thirty one ⌟
⌜ thirty two ⌟
⌜ thirty three ⌟
⌜ thirty four ⌟
⌜ thirty five ⌟
⌜ thirty six ⌟
⌜ thirty seven ⌟
⌜ thirty eight ⌟
⌜ thirty nine ⌟
⌜ forty ⌟
⌜ forty one ⌟
⌜ forty two ⌟
⌜ forty three ⌟
⌜ forty four ⌟
⌜ end ⌟
⌜ special chapter ⌟

⌜ twenty five ⌟

11K 982 1.9K
By chogiwanese

i don't know if the plot is too predictable or you guys are just super smart. probably both uwu.

stupid simba.

it was night and donghyuck knew he had to head back to his quarters before he gets spotted by any of the eagles roaming around. he was cursing at mark inside his head. it was the lion's fault why they stayed up so late. donghyuck was about to excuse himself during the late afternoon but mark just had to beg him to stay and donghyuck not being able to resist the lion, he stayed. the two then ended up cuddling till late at mark's secret garden.

this is the main reason why donghyuck was trying to be stealthily as he still had to pass by the kitchen.

that lion even had the most crazy idea in letting donghyuck stay in his room for the night. imagine what would happen if they get caught by anyone, except for those who already knew about them.

okay, a little bit more.donghyuck whispered to himself as he passed by the diner area, now standing in front of the wooden doors towards the kitchen.

he hoped that no pudus were still awake. he didn't want to be questioned about his w hereabouts. gathering himself, donghyuck took a deep breath before he pushed the doors open, slowly, silently, and carefully. he didn't bother scanning the area and focused on having the doors closed without making a noise.

just when he turned around, his eyes widened and almost released a loud shriek when he saw a familiar looking lioness standing there with a tray of tea being carried.

it was mark's mother.

what made it worse was them making eye contact, the fact that they were alone in the kitchen made the pudu panic even more.

🦁

mark barged inside the study without second thoughts, making sure to harshly push the doors open as he stood there with his brows furrowed and obviously fumed as he saw his mother sitting there with pure comfort, it was as if nothing is happening at all.

what is this i am hearing around the palace?❞ he started, walking closer towards his mother that had guards beside her. ❝the date of the wedding is right around the corner!?

flipping another page of the book she is reading, she remained unbothered as she didn't look up at her son's deadly glare but she can feel his gaze boring down on her. ❝it's a request made by your father.

the lion knew that his father was ill and he may have promised to do his father's will but he will not do this one. not even a slight bit of convincing can make him change his mind. ❝i will not marry her. i didn't even accept it in the first place!

are you turning down your father's last request?❞ it was just now that the mother looked up and saw how furious her son is, but she kept herself composed.

the lion scoffed before pointing a finger at her, ❝i am king, how dare you order me around.❞ he said, not holding back from his words. a little more then he might snap and curse at his own mother.

he is your father!❞ she then raised her voice, having enough of her son's stubborn attitude. ❝and i am your mother so don't you talk to me like that. where are your manners?

mocking a laugh, mark eyed the two eagles and took a step back from her. ❝how nice of you two to still consider yourselves as my parents.❞ he said. ❝well, i had enough because i can't even say that i'm your son.

the mother was taken aback by how mark just cut ties with her, with them. she then watched the lion turned his back on her as he began to exit himself from the toxic air he is breathing with her. she knew he would go against the plan which is why she had to find a way to bring mark back.

knowing where her son would go to when he is this upset, she decided to seize the moment and use this an advantage.

and where are you off to?❞ she questioned, standing up from the sofa and had her arms crossed while waiting for her son's reply.

stopping his tracks, mark didn't bother to turn around and face her. ❝i'll be having a talk with father.

with a smirk, ❝no one, even the king, is allowed to go inside his room.❞ she told him, walking closer with his heels thumping the floor. ❝it was the paramedics who suggested that.

mentioning the palace's trusted baboons, mark had finally turned around to face her and the mother never had felt so relieved after getting the king's attention. she knew he'd get him like this. she wasn't even feeling slight bad for what she was plotting.

it took mark seconds before he spoke and asked a question. ❝what do you mean?❞ he hated how he was like this. that even if he despised his parents so much, it would still worry him if something happens to them.

your father had a mild stroke last night.❞ she kept on the act, hiding the smirk from her face. ❝you want to know what's the cause of it?

he wanted to leave and didn't want to hear her sprout nonsense. he badly wanted to see his father whether he was allowed or not, not to check his state but to talk him out about the news of the wedding that was spreading around the palace the moment he arrived from his duty around the town. but hearing that he had a mild stroke was all too sudden. the last time they brought baboons over to check up on his father, they said that the former king has a chance to survive if he was treated well. even if his father isn't the king anymore, everyone inside the palace treated him one.

so, it was strange as to how he had a mild stroke all of a sudden.

taking the silence as a yes, she began. ❝last night, i just thought of making tea for your father. to my surprise, then there's this pudu who went inside the kitchen—

the lion's eyes widened as he immediately knew who that pudu was. after all, he was with him till late evening, making him go back to his quarters with eagles guarding around. he admits that it was his fault as to why he still wanted to cuddle with him and be with him which is why he wanted to go with him but he, the pudu, insisted not to as it will cause more trouble.

well, mark didn't go with him yet there is still trouble.

are you saying that the pudu poisoned the tea?❞ mark let out a sound of disbelief, giving his own mother a look. ❝what more lies do you want to tell me?

she didn't expect for mark to catch her, but she didn't make it too obvious. instead, she raised her chin up and looked like she was ready to convince the king. ❝isn't it strange enough that he was up late and not to mention, he was away from his quarters?

mark clenched his fists as he didn't believe a word she said. he knew donghyuck wouldn't do that. even though the two talked about how his parents would have a hard time accepting him, he knew donghyuck won't ever go that far. that pudu has a heart of an angel, an idea of harming someone won't cross inside his head. and lastly, how stupid can she get? the pudu was with mark during the night so there was no way he'd be out there plotting something so evil.

shaking his head slowly, he showed how disappointed he was. he then turned around and left without saying a word, leaving his so-called mother there to get frustrated because he wasn't buying her lies.

what mark had first thing inside his head was to run where donghyuck was. after hearing what his mother had told him, he knew that donghyuck was not in a safe place. the rumor about the pudu poisoning his father might spread fast and donghyuck might be in grave danger right now. mark never knew that his mother would be this heartless. he had to be where donghyuck is, he had to protect him, and he had to keep him safe.

he promised to do that.

"n-no please! i told you, i didn't do it!"

hearing a familiar voice, it was as if mark's feet acted on their own and followed as to where the voice was located. he planned to go straight to the kitchen in hopes to find him there but he guessed that the pudu was quite close as he could now hear his cries. his sobs then made mark quicken his pace and upon reaching to an intersection, mark saw a sight of two eagles dragging a defenseless pudu with dried up tears on his cheeks.

let m-me go!❞ the pudu pulled his arm from the other eagle, but failed to do so. ❝you're hurting me!❞ he cried out, their hold on his wrists tightening.

the eagles clicked their tongues, not noticing another presence there, as they were dragging the pudu with them. ❝you are asked for questioning. be a good pudu and just—

you heard him, let him go.

the eagles halted from their tracks as they heard a demanding voice coming from the king to whom they haven't noticed being present there. one then gathered the courage to clear his throat and explain to the king, ❝your highness, we were ordered to bring this pudu.

walking towards them slowly, mark didn't break his eye contact with them. his aura was enough to threaten them, ❝and, as king, i am ordering you to let go of him.

but—

do you dare go up against your king's order?!❞ mark growled, getting pissed off upon seeing how tight there were holding the pudu to the point that they were hurting him.

the eagles immediately released the pudu from their holds, now showing the visible red bruise on the pudu's wrist. the king fumed as he saw his pudu being hurt, he then glared at the eagles. shaking in fear on their places, the eagles simultaneously took a bow as they could no longer make eye contact with him. ❝your highness, he really is need of questioning.

i'll be the one to question him.❞ he said, almost letting out another growl when he saw tears coming out from the pudu's eyes. ❝i want you both to leave us alone, right now!

with quick steps, the eagles excused themselves and sprinted away from their sights. they didn't know what they would have to reason out as to why they didn't have the pudu with them, but they couldn't go up against the king.

being left alone in a dark corner, mark had his gaze softened as he lowered his head down to the pudu that's now seated on the ground with silent sobs coming out from his mouth. he was hurt hearing him weep and seeing him cry. he never had want to see donghyuck like this. all of this because of him, he blames it all on his self.

crouching down, the lion slowly reached his hand out in hopes of being able to calm donghyuck down but the pudu only moved away as he felt the king's hand touching his locks.

sunshine,❞ his voice was as soft as ever, not wanting scare him like what he did to the eagles. ❝it's just me.

with sniffles, mark's heart broke when the pudu raised his head up to look at him and his eyes were puffed from crying. ❝i didn't do it..❞ he started, tears welling up again as he was in the verge of crying once more. ❝mark, believe me! i didn't do it. i was just told to b-bring the t-tea—

the lion heaved out a sigh as he reached out once more to stroke the pudu's hair. ❝i know, i trust you.❞ leaning closer, he gave him a small smile. ❝stop crying, hm? i'm here now.

with shaky hands, donghyuck clutched on to the lion's shoulder. ❝i-i'm sorry, mark, i r-really am.

you don't have to apologize.❞ hushing him down, the lion slowly pulled him in a hug, not to tight as not to suffocate him. donghyuck was already having a hard time breathing because of his sobs. ❝i know you won't do such thing. sunshine, i believe you.

t-then w-why..❞ donghyuck muffled out as he buried his head on the lion's neck. he could remember the stares he received as he passed by the corridors. every single on of them looked at him as if he was some kind of criminal, as if he committed an immoral sin that can never be forgiven. he wanted to look for renjun but he couldn't see him, jeno was in his sight was he was too afraid to run to him, and he also didn't want to bother jaemin. this leaves donghyuck dealing everything alone. it was just then a pair of eagles went to drag him out of the kitchen that he started to panic.

he didn't know what he had done wrong.

donghyuck..❞ mark couldn't do anything but comfort him at that moment. donghyuck's cries won't stop even if he tries to quiet him down. ❝you don't have to worry anymore, i'm here. i'm now here with you.

pushing himself away from the lion slowly, he stared at him with tears still falling nonstop. he wanted to feel glad and he honestly felt safe with mark around but he couldn't help but feel like a burden to him. he is a king, look what he is doing to the king. it would look like he is using mark just to be saved from this situation. ❝d-do you think w-we need a b-break—

and without letting the pudu continue another word, the lion leaned forward as he closed the gap between them and shut him up with his lips. he knew what donghyuck was about to say and even with him not completing the sentence, he could already feel his heart break to pieces. mark wanted to stay strong, he wanted to look like he could deal with it in front of donghyuck but knowing that the pudu had thought of separating made mark feel like he was about to break down any minute.

the kiss they had was a bit messy, confused as to what they were to do but nonetheless, they still went on. it only came to a pause when mark noticed the pudu needed air to breathe. he pulled away and stared at donghyuck with his eyes also getting glossy.

don't say that, please.❞ he lowered his head, begging. mark then took the pudu's hands and held it with his, caressing the bruises that the eagles left for gripping the pudu's wrists too tight. ❝don't ever, not even a slight idea of it, plan on giving up on us.

he hated how everything is coming down. he was getting married to someone he doesn't even love at all, he had his ill father in the verge of dying, and now his loved one is being accused. this isn't what he wants. he never wanted to face this kind of problem.

he wished that he didn't have to be in a royal family. he wished that he lived in a simple house with a happy family that would care for him. he didn't want all extravagance, all lavish things. all he wanted was a simple life. all he wanted was to fall in love and have a family on his own. all he wanted was to be with donghyuck without anyone going against them.

but most especially right now, he wanted to run away.

feeling a heavy weight on his chest, mark brought a hand up on the pudu's face and caressed it softly before smashing their lips once more. this time they felt longing in their kiss, they felt love. their kiss reassured them that no one was going to each other.

mark hated to see donghyuck suffer like this. the innocent pudu didn't deserve this at all. looking at what his mother had done, the palace, neither is the town, the best place for the pudu. he is not safe around here,

and mark promised to protect donghyuck at all cost.

sunshine, run away with me.

t b c

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 6.6K 22
donghyuck falls for his best friend. (cringe warning !!)
5.4K 129 11
yan. scaramouche x reader you are the Goddess. A creator of teyvat and inteyvat also known as Khaenri'ah you had watched him grew up, you guys were...
583K 36.8K 38
- Where Haechan is Mark's new manager.
308K 20K 10
╻donghyuck chose dare╹ ❀ markhyuck (short story) ❀ chogiwanese ━┅ ✎ this is made out of pure entertainment and a hundred percent FICTION...