Save Lives // Derek Shepherd

بواسطة AbbeyManthey

In your life have you ever fallen for someone you know could never be yours? Evangeline Grey, the eldest daug... المزيد

Cast
Season 1
CH. 1
CH. 2
CH. 4
CH. 5
CH. 6
CH. 7
CH. 8
CH. 9
Season 2
CH. 10
CH. 11
CH. 12
CH. 13
CH. 14
CH. 15
CH. 16
CH. 17

CH. 3

7.9K 184 14
بواسطة AbbeyManthey

Winning A Battle, Losing A War

I actually didn't take into account how crowded and noisy the house was going to be with an extra two people living in it. I sat in the kitchen eating my toast when I heard the commotion of Izzy, George and Meredith arguing. I chuckled to myself.

"You have the bigger closet." Izzy yelled and I raised my eye brows. My room was bigger then theirs I wonder why they aren't arguing about me. Then again, I'm a Grey.

"Why is everything a competition?" I heard George yell and I rolled my eyes before picking up my car keys and leaving for work. Today was the bike thing, idiots on bikes trying to win a race and hurting each other. I got to work on time and changed before meeting Derek, Burke and Richard by the OR board.

"Excellent board, well-timed, balanced, efficient. If all goes well, we'll have an early night." Chief stated and I signed knowing that wasn't gonna be true.

"Chief, dead baby bike race started 20 minutes ago." Bailey said and I chuckled at the name. Who calls it that.

"All right, people! Dead baby bike race day!" Chief yelled and a nurse came over and started rubbing off surgery's. I scoffed before leaving for the trauma er. I walked in and noticed a guy with barb wire coming out of his stomach. I smiled, I'm not feeling like surgery today. I walked over to him and reached him just be Grey and Karev.

"Hey, I'm Dr. Grey. Let's get you to a room and these wires out of you." I said and he smiled flirtishly at me before I led him into a room. "Looks like a superficial wound. Should be able to just pull them out and then run a few quick tests then you'll be on your way." I said and he nodded. I slowly but surely pulled them out one by one before laying him down so that I could stitch him up.

"You've got a nice touch. And, by the way, you are a rockin babe." The guy spoke with a thick accent. I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"Seriously, do you actually think you have a shot here?" I asked placing down the sutures.

"I like the think I've got a shot anywhere." He said and I hummed. Before leaning down to clean around the stitched-up wound.

"Look, you really have to let me take you for some tests. Run a CT, you could have internal bleeding." I said before picking up the bandage and softly placing it over the stitched up wound.

"No, thank you, I've got a race to get back to." The guy replied and I scoffed.

"Why? You can't win now, anyway." I said glancing up at him before pushing down on the tape.

"Doesn't mean I can't cross that finish line. There's a party at the finish line. Do you want to meet me there?" He asked and I ignored him as I raised my head to look him in the eyes.

"One test. A CT. I'll have you out of here in an hour." I asked trying to convince him.

"I can't do it. Got to go." He said and I signed. I started taking my gloves off.

"Well, you realize you're leaving against medical advice, and that I strongly urge you to stay." I said and he pulled down his shirt to cover his abdomen. "Okay, well, you have to sign an AMA form." I spoke. He sat up as I started to stand up. He leant over to me, extremely close.

"Darling, I will do anything you want me to." He said and I moved my face slightly away from his and scoffed.

"What is it with you guys and your need to dirty everything up?" I asked in confusion and anger.

"I don't know. Maybe it's just testosterone, eh?" He said.

"Maybe. You might want to see a doctor about that too." I said before folding open the AMA. He snatched out of my hands before signing it. He stood up and started to leave before he turned around and grabbed my face kissing me. My eyes widened as he pulled away and I raised my hands in defence.

"That was for good luck. Don't worry, darling, you'll see me again." He said before walking out the door.

"For your sake, I hope not." I yelled as he continued to walk away. I chuckled, wiping my lips, before turning and starting to take the pillow and sheet off the bed he was just sitting on. I glanced up at the window and noticed Derek. He walked over and opened the door. My lips curled up slightly.

"What do you want?" I asked not looking at him until a couple seconds later.

"You make out with patients now?" Derek asked shocked. I shook my head and looked at him to see he wasn't smiling.

"What, are you jealous?" I asked before moving to clean up the suture tray.

"I don't get jealous." Derek said walking further into the room and closing the door behind him.

"We had sex, once." I said.

"And we kissed in an elevator." Derek added and I glared at him.

"And we kissed in an elevator, once." I said before looking down at the AMA the guy just signed.

"No, seriously. Go out with me." Derek asked softly this time, like he was serious.

"No." I stated firmly.

"You know, I almost died today. Yeah, I came, like, this close. How would you feel if I died and you didn't get a chance to go out with me?" Derek said and I scoffed rolling my eyes.

"Get over yourself, already." I said.

"Come on." Derek said.

"It's the chase, isn't it?" I asked finally figuring it out. Slamming the paper, I had in my hands down on the table. 

"What?" Derek asked placing his hands on his hips.

"The thrill of the chase. I've been wondering to myself, why are you so hell-bent in getting me to go out with you? You know your still basically married and my best friend. You know I keep saying no. It's the chase." I said and Derek turned his head slightly and I nodded to myself.

"Well, it's fun, isn't it?" Derek asked and I rolled my eyes.

"You see? This is a game to you. But not to me. Because unlike you, i have a secret deep down inside that can't resurface. Not ever because you are still basically married whether you like it or not." I said and Derek stared at me in shock before I turned and left the room leaving him in his own thoughts. The end of the shift came, and I entered the intern locker room standing with Meredith. Alex walked in all excited.

"I smell good. You know what it is? It's the smell of open-heart surgery. It's awesome. It is awesome. You got to smell me." Alex said walking over to Meredith and I pressing up against Meredith.

"We don't want to smell you." I said but he continued to press against Meredith. I scoffed before Meredith twisted his arm and holding him against a locker.

"Ok, I have more important things to deal with than you. I have roommates, and boy problems and family problems. You want to act like a little frat-boy bitch? That's fine. You want to take credit for your saves, and everybody else's? That's fine too. Just stay out of my face. And for the record, you smell like crap." Meredith yelled. My eyes widened at her loss of temper before we noticed Derek by the door. He stepped further in, and Meredith signed before grabbing her bag out of my hands. 

"She attacked me." Alex said and I turned around going to attack him instead before Derek stepped in holding me back.

"Evie. Evie. Evangeline. you might want to leave before I change my mind and let her beat you to a pulp with her tiny, ineffectual fists." Derek said before throwing Alex out and slamming the door. He looked at me and signed. I started at him.

"What?" Derek asked and I shrugged.

"Nothing. It's just...nothing." I said before grabbed my bag from the floor and storming to the door. Derek opened it and I paused breathing heavily as I stared at him. I said nothing before continuing to leave with Meredith on my tail. Meredith and I got home to see George and Izzy going through some old boxes.

"Are those my mothers surgical tapes?" Meredith asked which piped my interest.

"We should watch the skin grafting one first." George said before Meredith looked around at the house confused and angry.

"Where did all this stuff some from?" She asked stepping forward. Izzy looked around.

"Oh. I unpacked some of your mother's things. I was upset. And when I'm upset, I like to nest." Izzy said before Meredith started collecting photo frames.

"No. We're not watching my mothers surgery tapes. We're not unpacking boxes. We're not having long conversations where we celebrate the moments of our lives. And use a coaster!" Meredith yelled before handing George his beer and leaving.

"I ordered Chinese food." George said and I groaned.

"I hate Chinese food." I mumbled while Meredith yelled it from up the stairs. We heard her door slam before we all started chuckling.

-------------------------------

We arrived at work the next day and I entered the pit to help out, Burke handled majority of our patients, and I assisted where he needed me. I walked over to stand next to Alex while grabbing a pair of gloves.

"What's Viper doing here?" I asked.

"Probably crashed his bike. Again." Alex replied.

"How long has he been waiting?" I asked.

"I don't know, I've been busy on a real case." Alex said before walking away. I scoffed; he did realize I was an attending. I started walking over to him.

"Viper. Viper? Are you ok?" I ran over as he stood up coughed up some blood before falling and hitting his head on the ground. I pulled up his shirt to see his wound was enlarged and gross.

"Call the OR, tell them we're coming and page Dr. Bailey. Alex let's go. Alex, push the damn gurney!" I yelled before Alex started pushing.

"Hurry, I don't know how long I can keep this wound closed. Move faster damn it!" I yelled before the elevator dinged and the doors opened. Alex pulled us out and pushed us into the OR.

"This is a new one. Somebody get her off of my patient." Bailey said and I jumped off.

"Alex, go get cleaned up and scrub in." Bailey said and I nodded to Alex before leaving the OR to go clean myself up. I was in the attending lounge and had just finished getting dressed when Derek walked in.

"It's not the chase." Derek spoke and I raised my eye brows at him.

"What?" I asked.

"You and me. It is not the thrill of the chase. It's not a game. It's...it's your tiny, ineffectual fists. And your hair." Derek said before pausing, I chuckled.

"My hair?" I asked.

"It smells good. And you're very, very bossy. Keeps me in line, ever since we were kids." Derek said glancing down at me lips with a smile before looking back at me. I chuckled.

"I'm still not going out with you." I said with a smile.

"You say that now." Derek said before turning and leaving the room. I looked down at my bag and smiled to myself. I walked in the house to see George, Christina, Izzy and Meredith sitting down watching a surgery.

"It's our mum." She said and I smiled before taking a seat to watch with them.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.8K 62 15
𝘐𝘴𝘢𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢 𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘈𝘳𝘪𝘻𝘰𝘯𝘢 𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘴. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 24 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘯�...
77.6K 2K 24
Y/N is a pediatric surgeon working in a hospital in New York. After her sister's death, she quits her job and goes to her home city - Seattle to reun...
246K 4.8K 66
This story's about Meredith having a baby at 15 and then 14 years later she moves from Boston to Seattle because of Ellis. Ellis isn't in this btw
107K 1.6K 23
Esmay Grey moved back to seattle a month ago after being away since the age of two. She moved back to give her fiance his dream job and to be close t...