Prakriti (Mahabharata)

By sisimaanu

When Prakriti herself become the part of great epic story of Mahabharata where she fight for the righteousne... More

Author Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Author Note: Important
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Thank You 💙
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Golden Rose Awards 2020
Author Note
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Issue Resolved
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Author Note
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Exile Alternate time line
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Announcement
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 9

3.1K 93 18
By sisimaanu

Prakriti P.O.V

"And you are accepting this decision?" I asked to Grandfather Bhishma, I was in his chamber after he freed my family from being imprison in their own Kingdom. Grandfather sighed and stared outside the window, his body tensed "Yes daughter, it is the only way for your family to live peacefully" he said frowning, still looking at the sky. "But splitting the nation, will it make you peaceful?" I said worried, he has made promise to his father that he will take care of our nation until his last breath. He turned his face towards me, closing his eyes, his shoulders slouching in defeat. He inhaled slowly and opened his eyes, pain clearly showing in them, "My peace has long gone now, I just want Yudhishthira to be the King of half of Kuru nation, atleast Dharm will sit on the throne making justice in half of nation" he said forcing the word out of his mouth. "I want to see Dharm sitting on the throne and I made that promise to myself, I will only feel peace after then" he continued, I nodded my head in understanding, if Brother Yudhishthira becomes King of Hastinapur, Prince Duryodhana will plot against us again until he succeed and letting him become the King of Hastinapur means doing injustice to the people of this Kingdom.

"If Prince Duryodhana becomes the King, he will destroy Hastinapur, he will demolish everything you have sacrifice for, is it right?" I asked in concern. He took sharp breath and clenched his fist in frustration "As long as I am alive, I won't let Adharm sit on the Throne of my Kingdom and this is my vow" he said in loud voice, each words laced with truth. "But Prince Duryodhana will become the King after our departure" I stated, he is dying to be the King of this place so that he can rule and feel powerful. Grandfather shook his head with a small smile "I have put him away from the throne for awhile now and as long as I have willpower and breath in my lungs I will stop him every time" he swore with resolution on his face.

This is the only option now to safe this Kingdom from upcoming destruction.

"Are you coming with us?" I asked, he told pandavas that he will be going with us to our Kingdom but the look on his face says otherwise.

He shook his head painfully and I closed my eyes sighing, my fist clenching in resentment "But you, yourself suggested that you will be going with us" I said in low voice lowering my head, crushed with the news. "I promised Dhritarashtra that I will stay here with him and his son, it was the only condition he put before agreeing for this division" he said in loud voice, it is not justice, it is exploitation of his powers.

"Does others know?" I murmured weakly.

He shook his head "Don't tell them now either, Yudhishthira will be broken and he won't accept the partition, it is our only way, daughter" he said lowering his voice at last in sadness. My eyes started stinging from the tears but I controlled myself and joined my hands together in respect "We will never forget your sacrifice" I said in somber tone. He sighed and spread his arms open giving me a hug "I know you will take care of your family that's why I am not sad that I am staying here, I am leaving the future of Aryavarta in your hands" he said hugging me. "I won't disappoint you Grandfather, I won't" I said with sincerity.

***  

After the conversation with Grandfather, I walked back to my chamber to call it a night, I just have to wait for tomorrow to hear King Dhritarashtra partitioning the nation in Kuru children. As I entered in my chamber, I saw Arya sitting on the bed, his one hand was under his chin and he was deep in thought. Without making any noise, I started to walk towards him, but he got out of his thoughts and turned his eyes at me. "I could feel your presence without even looking at you" he said with a small smile on his face, I chuckled and with quick stride sat beside him, he sighed and put his head on my shoulder, his shoulders were hunched over in tension. I pulled his hand in my own and intertwined our fingers together. "What are you thinking, Arya?" I asked just to ease him. He gave out a sighed and closed his eyes "I am thinking about the partition, beloved" he said not liking the idea of division, nobody is in the favor of this idea but it is the only solution for now to delay the war between a family and establish the peace. 

"Arya, whatever decision Elder father will take tomorrow, we will have to accept, it will be beneficial for the whole Kingdom" I said truthfully, even if we doesn't want to accept it, we will have to and I know Brother Yudhishthira will welcome the order with open arms for the sake of peace. He pulled his head away from my shoulder and looked at me in disbelief "You are suggesting that we accept the defeat and let Brother Duryodhana becomes the King of Hastinapur" he questioned, I gave him a small smile and shook my head "I am not suggesting that" I responded, he looked at me in confusion. "I am saying that tomorrow, Elder father will divide this nation in two parts equally and to establish peace we will accept the partition and for Prince Duryodhana becoming the King of Hastinapur, Grandfather won't let Adharm on the throne until his last breath" I said in calm voice. 

"And by accepting the decision, Mother will be free from the fear that Prince Duryodhana will plot against us again to kill us" I continued.

His frown disappeared from his face and he nodded his head finally giving me genuine and relaxing smile "How do you always do that?" he asked looking at me quizzically, I furrowed my eye brow in confusion "Do what, Arya?" I questioned, he put his hand on my cheek in adoration "You always find a way to make my mind at ease" he smiled, I put my hand on his hand and stared at him in affection "I am your other Half, Arya, if you are at ease that's make me at ease as well so you can call me selfish but I am doing this for myself" I said in light hearted tone and he chuckled, his eyes shining with happiness. 

"Now, you should rest, tomorrow is a long day for all of us" I said and pulled his head on my lap, raking my hand in his hair, he sighed deeply closing his eyes, frown line disappeared from his face as I lulled him to sleep.

Third Person P.O.V

Dhritarashtra was sleeping in his chamber after a long day. He has made some tough decision today for benefits of his son, he thinks that his son deserve to be the King of Hastinapur just like he deserved it long time ago, it is their birth right. He has commanded Pandu's son to be in prisoner because they have raised weapon in his court and it is his duty to punish them to establish justice. "Dhritarashtra" he heard a whisper coming from the corner of the dark room, well everything is dark for him. He got out of his sleepy state and pushed himself in sitting position. "Dhritarashtra" Voice said again, he turned his head towards the voice, "Who is it?" he asked confused, he moved his hand on the side of the bed for Gandhari, but his hand came back empty. He pressed his lips together "Dhritarashtra" voice spoke again, this time a little firm. "Who are you, I am asking again?" he demanded annoyed and stand up on the floor looking in the direction from where the voice came. "You have made a grave mistake by punishing people who didn't deserve it" voice said.

Dhritarashtra snapped his head and looked in the dark "I have never done injustice in my life" he said annoyed, who is this voice that telling him that he is an unjust King. The voice chuckled but there was no humor behind it. "You are too delusional, if you are thinking that whatever decision you have made is justice" voice said coming closer to him. "Who are you to tell me that, I am a great Emperor" he snapped, the voice started laughing and suddenly stopped "What you have done today, you called it justice, then you are too far gone?" Voice said coldly, Dhritarashtra opened his mouth to oppose it but before he could, voice spoke again. "You have punished Pandu's sons for the sin they haven't done" voice said in disappointing tone, he scoffed "They raised weapon in my court" he said denying the accusation. The voice gave a short laugh "And they did it to protect the honor of your daughter in law, this ancestry's daughter, you should have been the one to protect her honor but you just stayed there and gave injustice" voice said in serious tone. "The woman did adharm by marrying five husbands" he huffed, turning his eyes upward. "It has already been told to you that the marriage is different from normal marriage and Draupadi can never be immoral, she is born from the fire itself and you have no right to point finger on her when God already gave her blessings, are you above God as well?" voice asked in taunting. Dhritarashtra lowered his head in shame thinking about that, he is not above God and can never be. "Today, you have done a mistake, rectify it before it is too late otherwise I have to come forward to teach you myself" voice said blankly, he could see a light in front of his blind eyes. "Who are you?" he asked in shaky voice, he knew, the voice doesn't belong to normal person, it is a divine voice and it is angry.

"I am the creator of this world" the voice said calmly, its aura spreading in the whole room. Dhritarashtra joined his shaking hands together "From now on, I will try to do the justice" he uttered, as he felt the light surrounding him. The light stopped all of a sudden and Dhritarashtra woke up from his sleep sweating, he pushed his hand on his left side, touching Gandhari who was sleeping soundly.

"It was just a dream" he murmured to himself wiping the sweat from his forehead and pulling his hands together to stop the shaking.

But why does it seems so real.

Prakriti P.O.V

Next morning, we were available in the meeting assembly waiting for King Dhritarashtra arrival. "Welcome the Almighty King of Hastinapur" Gate keeper announced as Elder father entered in the assembly with steady pace going towards his throne without any problem. We all stood up in his respect, as he sat on the throne and signaled us to take our sit as well. Everyone was present in the assembly to hear the verdict.

"Before we start the assembly, I would like to speak about yesterday event" he said in loud voice, Draupadi sat tensed beside me, I turned my head towards her and gave her a small smile, she smiled in return. "What happened in the assembly is that weapons were raised in the Court room in my presence" he started, Arya looked at Prince Duryodhana with narrowed eyes and Prince looked back smugly. "I like to personally apologize to my daughter in law for yesterday event, my son didn't have any right to degrade you like that" he said in sad tone, everyone looked shocked at his behavior and I smiled when he apologize for his mistake. "I accept Panchala Princess as my daughter in law and her marriage as dharm" he announced, Prince Duryodhana looked shocked and started to stand up to object but Gandhara King stopped him so he sat back again with clenched jaw. "Will you forgive your Elder father, Daughter" King said joining his hands together looking remorseful. Draupadi stood up from her place and joined her hands together "You are my Father, Elder Father, you don't have to apologize to your children" she said with a smile on her face and bowed her head in respect, he gave her a relived smile and raised his hand in blessings "May you get all the happiness in the world". 

"There is another issue that I have to encounter, as everyone knows Pandavas has returned back to Hastinapur and now there is two Crown Prince in Hastinapur, if I make one of them King then I will be doing injustice to the other one so I have decided to divide the nation in two equal halves to do justice" he said moving his eyes around. I looked towards Grandfather who looked sad at the partition but he is unable to do anything. "As I am like a shadow of Hastinapur, I have no existence without it and I can not part away from my son so I am giving him the Kingdom of Hastinapur and to son Yudhishthira I am granting him the Capital of Yayati, Khandavprastha" he announced looking sad at the Partition, just then Brother Bhima stood up in anger "You are giving us barren land and forest while you gave Duryodhana Hastinapur" he said in disbelief, enraged with the idea, Arya stood up as well followed by the twins "It is unfair to us" Brother Bhima continued, I turned my gaze at Brother Yudhishthira who was calm in the commotion, he stood up from his seat "I accept your wish, King Dhritarashtra" he said joining his hands together in respect, Arya looked angry as he stared at brother in hesitant. I rise from my seat looking at King Dhritarashtra "We accept your decision, Elder father" I said, as a future general secretary I have to help my Future King make decision.

"Prakriti, But How can you think that it is right, it is unjust" Brother Bhima gritted his teeth, I looked towards him and gave him a calm smile "Brother Bhima, Elder father gave us our land of action (Karm bhumi), with our hard work and determination, we can make that place a paradise" I said, slowly his anger calmed down and he sat back in his seat. "I agree with Vibha" Draupadi said siding with me, I gave her a gentle smile. When every Pandav agreed with the decision, we accepted our new Kingdom with open arms. 

"I hope that Yudhishthira and his fame would turn Khandavprastha into heaven and I am sure that under Yudhishthira's righteous reign, his people will be well protected and will live prosperous lives" King Dhritarashtra blessed Brother with smile on his face. "Now I announce the coronation of Yudhishthira to start soon" he said sitting comfortably in his seat. 

With the preparation of coronation started and Brother Yudhishthira took oath for his Kingdom and Elder father announced him as the King of Khandavprastha, he took blessing from his elders, crowd started cheering for Brother Yudhishthira as he stand in the middle of Assembly with a crown on his head. "As the King of Khandavprastha, I choose my General Secretary, Prakriti" he announced, gesturing towards me, I stood up from my place and looked at my family, they have a smile on their faces, I moved forward in the center of the room and bowed to Brother Yudhishthira in respect, Kripacharya started the ritual by anointing my forehead with sandalwood, I joined my hands together in respect "With this anointment on my forehead, I took oath to do justice to my people" I vowed, Kripacharya dropped holy water in my palm "With this water, I took oath to always remains truthful towards my Kingdom" I said drinking the water, Kripacharya put white silk cloth on my shoulder, I joined my hand together "With this cloth, I vow to do dharm in my life" I said looking at the crowd who looked at us in admiration. Kripacharya put a small crown on my head completing the ritual "With the coronet on my head, I vow the dedication to Khandavprastha and its people and from now on I will be in the service for my Kingdom" I pledged in firm voice, crowd started cheering "All hail to King Yudhishthira, all hail to Prime Minister Prakriti". I bowed my head towards the crowd and moved forward to get the blessings from my elders. 

Firstly I went to King Dhritarashtra, he smiled and raised his hand "Always increase greatness to your Kingdom" he gave me the blessing, I bowed my head and moved towards Grandfather Bhishma who looked unhappy, I touched his feet and joined my hands together in respect, he put a smile on his face "May God bless you" he said, I smiled in return "Don't worry Grandfather, we will be fine in Khandavprastha" I said in reassurance, he sighed and nodded his head, I walked towards Uncle Vidur who looked at me in admiration as I bowed my head in respect "Always follow the path of justice, daughter" he smiled putting his hand on my head and I nodded my head with a smile and making my way beside Brother Yudhishthira when crowd started cheering again, I looked at my family who looked happy and content.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Author Note:

Vote and Comment your opinion about the chapter and let me know your views :)

Thanks  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.7K 2.4K 14
There are two primary choices in life : to accept conditions as they exist or accept responsibility for changing them - Devakinandana Vāsudeva Krishn...
14.1K 607 18
story of suthanu ; daughter of dharamraj yuddhistar and draupadi ... born out of fire ....sister of prathivindhya and other upp pandavs and her curs...
9K 383 19
[UNDER MAJOR EDITING] Cover credits-@KanhaiyakiSakhi9112 Book one of AaVan's tale. Mahabharara, an epic that teaches us about justice , sacrifices...
54.3K 2.9K 59
"𝙄𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜." She was the Princess of Panchala, the most beautiful...