Greed and Despond (Ban x Sin...

By 0Shadow_Child0

!!!WARNING-SLOW BURN!!! {Seven Deadly Sins} ~ Completed ~ The Seven Deadly Sins- a group famously known for t... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
Reader Appreciation Chapter
26
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
Apprecaiting You!
36
37
38
Request Chapter!
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
Extra Because I'm Bored And Too Lazy To Write Another Chap
63
QUICK THING
:)
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
KINKTOBERRRRR
84
Q&A Thing!!
85
86
Xmas Special
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
100-END
That's All Folks!

99

10.1K 402 183
By 0Shadow_Child0

"Sheesh, this place has really gone to shit..." 

I grumbled as I walked into Liones, the front gates crumbled and smashed to pieces. There were homes, hotels, and shops that had been destroyed, broken down. Bodies littered the streets, soulless and pale, the color gone from every inch of their bodies. Demons floated around, engaging in battles with who I assumed were Holy Knights. 

I hummed, stretching out and leaning to either side. My back and hips cracked, not used to the exertion anymore. I groaned out, sighing as I bounced up.

I looked around, seeing several demons engaging in battle, or floating passively, looking for victims. Extending an arm up, I pointed my index finger upward. "Inferno- Spear Hoard."

Dozens of huge spears of fire shot up from my fingertip, two charging at every demon in the surrounding area. Their hearts were pierced all at once, the demons choking on their blood as it spurted from their mouths. They all collapsed to the floor, red and grey demons alike. 

A few last attacks were thrown from their opposers, but they stopped as quickly as the demons fell. I groaned, shaking out my hands. I really am out of shape...

It had been a week since I had woken up. The aching and moaning in my bones had stopped, and I was pretty much fully healed. I had four hearts left in my body, a pleasant surprise. I didn't think I would be so rejuvenated after such a devastating blow. I was at the best I was going to get, I just needed to get back in my groove. A few fights and magic uses, I would be back at it.

King was right, though, this place as trashed. They had done a number on the kingdom, for sure. And I thought it was bad after the Hendrickson fight. This was a whole different ball game of cleanup. I would not want to be part of the crew responsible. 

I wandered down the street, looking down at people who were sprawled across the cobblestone roads. The poor Holy Knights and citizens who had their souls robbed of them, not even given a chance to fight back against the Ten Commandments and their demon lackeys. I'm sure each and every one of them fought back to their last moment, but they were robbed of a true chance to challenge them. 

I approached the castle, getting closer and closer to the clusters of magical presences. Two Commandments and a Sin were nearby, fighting off to the side. There were another two Commandments, two Sins, and several Holy Knights in the castle. 

"Hm," I said, looking up at the elevated platform where the castle was. Where there was usually a huge, stone-walled castle, there were jagged formations of ice. My eyes flickered to the side, where two Commandment auras disappeared with the snap of the finger, while the Sin's power only grew. It seemed Escanor had taken out two of the Commandments- permanent or not? We'll see.

I jumped up, looking around. Hovering above the formations was the form of Merlin, hot and revealing as always. Below her was Ban, Hauser, Gilthunder, Jericho, Hendrickson, and several other Holy Knights. The castle was gone, turned to dust beneath their feet. Merlin's doing, no doubt.

I beamed up, waving my arm exuberantly. "Yo, Merlin! I didn't know you were back!"

She looked down, eyes widened for a split second before she smiled, floating down to meet me. She raised her hand and a small vial disappeared. She pulled me forward into a hug. Somewhat unexpected, but accepted gladly. 

"Welcome back," She hummed, and I smiled, hugging her back before she pulled away. She never stayed on one thing for too long, especially when it came to interactions with others. 

"You're as revealed as ever," I smiled, " It seems you like having your body back."

"Why not show your assets off when you have them?"

"I wouldn't know," I purred, and she scoffed, rolling her eyes. 

"I would debate the suggestion, but it seems you have a few suitors to explain your presence to," She hummed, looking off. "And it seems our captain will be initiating a battle with Fraudrin very soon. You should make your reintroduction while you can."

"I still don't understand how you know everything, always," I grumbled, walking forward. She gave a knowing chuckle.

I turned toward the group of people, four of which were staring at me, wide-eyed and gawking. Hauser, Gilthunder, Hendrickson, and Jericho were those who were especially shocked. 

"(Y/N)!" Jericho laughed, running forward and practically tackling me. She wrapped her arms around my neck, and her legs around my waist. I grinned, hugging her. "You're back, how are you back? I don't even care- I missed you so much! I love having you around, never do something so stupid ever again!"

"You'd laugh at how many times I've heard that," I wheezed out, her arms choking me. I watched as the three men followed suit, rushing up to me. "And, uhh... you're kinda choking me."

"Ah, I'm sorry! She exclaimed hurriedly, jumping off. As soon as she was off the three men barraged me. 

"(Y/N), you're back!"

"How did you survive?"

"I could have sworn I saw you die before my very eyes..!"

"Is Meliodas alive as well?"

"Are you okay?"

"Did you get resurrected or something?"

"Woah, there, slow down," I laughed sheepishly, "I didn't die, a few of my hearts were salvageable, so, no, I wasn't resurrected. Meli is alive, I think he's on his way right now. Yes, I'm okay. I'm alive, able to fight, and entirely recuperated. I'm a bit stiff, but I'll get back into it. Does that about cover it?"

Gilthunder nodded, a smile stretching across his face at the news that Meli was alive. I'm pretty sure he tuned out after that bit of news. Hendrickson was staring in bewilderment, I assume because he couldn't wrap his head around the fact that I was alive. It was interesting to see him back to his normal self- I certainly didn't mind it, though. Hauser pulled me into a hug, and I gasped quietly at the sudden action. 

"I'm so glad you're okay..." He breathed, "I really thought you were gone..."

"Hey, chill," I smiled, patting him on the back. "I couldn't just up and die. You wouldn't have anyone to make fun of you!"

He laughed, smiling as he pulled away. I grinned up at him in response. "I'm happy you're back. I was starting to miss your stupid voice."

"And I was starting miss your stupid hair," I countered, dapping him lightly on the shoulder. He laughed and I grinned, looking around me. 

"How are you fee-"

Interupting him, the figure of Dreyfus came sprinting out of the ice shards, getting attacked immediately. Merlin used magic to slam his body into the floor, and surprisingly, he stopped moving. I didn't believe it at first, but it seemed he really was incapacitated. But before I could make a judgement, his body quickly morphed into a huge, horrific monster. The true form of Fraudrin. 

He was a large, muscular monster with purple skin. His large eyes decorated the form of his head, his mouth printed across his chest. His muscles ripped across his body, far more intimidating than the Holy Knight Grandmaster's form had been. He stared down at Dreyfus, who stood up shakily, unsheathing his sword as he glared up at the creature.

The monster growled out, but Dreyfus didn't give him the chance. He used his power as best he could, standing lopsidedly as he challenged him, injured. He attacked and skewered him, unleashing more magic than I think he had in his body. He fell down, leaning against his sword as he struggled to stay up on one knee.

The monster grinned, raising his arm and beginning an attack. I pursed my lips, and I could tell almost everyone was ready to jump in and protect the Holy Knight Grandmaster. The energies were separate now, him and Fraudrin were separate beings. Anyone could sense that, and for many that meant forgiveness for Dreyfus and a stronger burning hatred for the Commandment.

Before he could attack the man, he was impaled dozens of times. Meli appeared, just as Merlin had said he was going to, standing in front of the Commandment. Faster than I could see, his skin split open all over his body, and he choked up blood. He attempted to attack, but he was hit again, stabbed through the chest.

Whenever he attempted to attack or even defend himself, he was stabbed and impaled without remorse. It was brutal. Meli attacked and stabbed as much as he wanted, not showing even a moment of mercy to the creature. He didn't deserve the mercy, but... geez.

It got to the point where he couldn't move, and he knelt down on the floor, asking to die. I looked at the Meli, hoping he wouldn't show the same cruelty he had been the whole time. Unfortunately, I watched as he grinned, swiping his hand up. The upper half of his body disappeared, and the fight was over. If you could even call that a fight....

It passed within moments, almost like it hadn't happened. 

It was silent, most people not sure what to do with what had just happened in front of us. He grinned, watching the bottom half of his body collapse to the floor. He turned around and faced everyone, the demon markings on his face disappearing. His smile didn't go away, but upon seeing all of us, it faltered. 

When people began filtering off into their groups, it was still silent. I watched Meli, keeping an eye on him. I knew that all of the other Sins present were doing the same, watching him like a cast. It took a moment, but he disappeared as soon as he came. Even after he did, there was a strange, anticipating silence. 

When people finally began to move, almost no words were shared between anyone as they split. Merlin went off to her hideaway, taking Escanor with her to help, or something. The Holy Knights went off with the King and princesses, heading into the town to survey the losses. There were whispers in the group, Hauser helping Dreyfus along with them. 

When it came down to it, it was just me and Ban that were left on the battered platform. I waited for him to approach me, but he stayed sturdily in his place, staring off in the distance, where Meli had come from. I rolled my eyes when he did nothing, walking over to him when he didn't come over to me. 

"Hey," He said, and I stared at him stoically. He flinched when he saw my expression, pursing his lips uncomfortably. 

"Hey." My voice was hard and cold as I stared up at him, emotionless.

He paused, looking off to the side. It was obvious he didn't know what to do. I raised an eyebrow at him, prompting any sort of response. He opened his mouth slightly, then closed it. He debated what he was going to say for a moment, before actually speaking up and saying it. 

"I'm glad to see you're back to yourself," he mumbled, the ball of his foot digging into the dirt. It was interesting seeing him be the uneasy one this time. He cleared his throat uncomfortably. 

I let him stand there, staring off to the side in discomfort for a minute. He deserved it. Absolutely, 100%. Still, I couldn't help but crack a smile at seeing him in my position for a change. I had to hold back the snicker building up in the back of my throat. 

"Ban," I interrupted the silence, and he turned his head to look at me. His eyebrows relaxed at my expression, and the tension across his body released a little bit. 

I grabbed his neck, going up on my toes. I pressed my lips against his, feeling him smile into the kiss, pulling my waist toward his out of habit. As soon as I grabbed him, his tension melted beneath my fingertips, doubt and hesitation releasing. I removed my hand from his neck and pulled back, pressing a finger against his lips when he tried to go in again. I stared up at him, my expression still serious. 

"You've got one chance. One." I said harshly, "Then I'm gone forever."

"That's more than I deserve," He sighed, looking down at me with a soft smile. 

I rolled my eyes, "Get your ass down here."

He grinned, one of his fangs peeking out as he leaned down, pressing his lips against mine again. My stomach exploded into butterflies, arms wrapping around his neck as he pulled my waist closer to his. I smiled into the kiss, raising one of my legs up and going as high up on my toes as I could. 

When he pulled away, smiling down at me smugly. "You're the best kisser I've ever had the pleasure of mackin' with."

"I would say the same with you, but ehhh..." I looked of to the side, smiling playfully. 

He snorted, "Shut up."

"Make me."

"Don't tempt me," He grumbled, and I smiled teasingly. 

"Temptinggggg," I hummed, continuing to grin up at him. He rolled his eyes, clicking his tongue as he shook his head. 

"You're terrible."

"You're the one who wanted me back."

"Clearly a mistake," He hummed, a smile playing at his lips. 

"One you will pay dearly for~"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 233 20
A fallen angel hell bent on killing the goddess clan? 18+ I don't own any of the Seven Deadly Sins characters or story.
116K 2.1K 36
This is a story about when you watch an anime your friend is begging you to watch. But when you watch the anime you get knocked out. You find yoursel...
36.9K 1.1K 21
When Elizabeth and her older brother set out on a journey to find the seven deadly sins and ask for their help in saving the kingdom of Liones they m...