CHARLOTTE ::: DW¹

Por hotarsonist

Charlotte Bolton wasn't supposed to disappear in the middle of the aisle. She was supposed to get married. In... Más

CHARLOTTE
i. first day
ii. first day part two
iii. first day part three
iv. le krafayis en france
v. le krafayis en france part two
vi. charlotte and ian
vii. charlotte and the cybermen
viii. charlotte and the cybermen part two
ix. the pictures on the wall
x. the pictures on the wall part two
xi. possessed pinstripes
xii. possessed pinstripes part two
xiii. possessed pinstripes part three
xiv. midnight consequences
xv. the corridors of caliburn
xvi. the corridors of caliburn part two
xvii. another ghost story
xviii. another ghost story part two
xix. anger and gangers
xx. anger and gangers part two
xxii. flesh and afresh part two
xxiii. charlotte versus the sontarans
xxiv. charlotte versus the sontarans part two
xxv. charlotte versus rattigan
xxvi. charlotte versus rattigan part two
xxvii. a bathroom line
xxviii. aino
xxix. aino part two
xxx. the crime's of aino
xxxi. the crimes of aino part two
xxxii. the dumbbell nebula
xxxiii. cap'n
xxxiv. interrogations & therapy sessions
xxxv. the mummy & the weak
xxxvi. the salvage of the millennium
xxxvii. the salvaged memory
xxxviii. feel well soon
xxxix. circular gallifreyan
xl. the librarian
xli. mary and john
xlii. john and the doctor
xliii. charlotte and aino
xliv. charlotte and the doctor
xlv. ticking clocks
xlvi. the final month
xlvii. the final memories
xlviii. the renaissance
xlix. the gone and the appeared
THE RENAISSANCE

xxi. flesh and afresh

1.1K 53 0
Por hotarsonist

THE ALMOST PEOPLE

edited as of may 29th, 2020

Standing by with the rest of the group, Charlotte watched as the Ganger Doctor, whose face is now defined, bends forward in pain as he took in all of the Doctor's memories. Her eyes flickered between them as the original Doctor stepped forward cautiously. While she was still angry at him, not a single part of her wanted to see him in that much pain- even if he was a ganger.

"What's happening?" The Doctor, standing closer to the ganger than the others, asked him.

"I wonder if we'll get back," he said in between his struggle for air, "Yes, one day..." Letting out another loud groan, his back arched in pain. "I've reversed the polarity of the neutron flow!"

"The Flesh is struggling to cope with our past regenerations. Hold on!"

The Doctor's ganger moaned as he moved from a hunchback position to a rigid stance with his hand out. "Would you like a jelly-baby?" He asked in a far different voice before going back to his normal one when saying, "Why? Why!?"

Stepping forward, the Doctor now stands in front of him. "Why? Why what?"

"I don't know!" He stumbled backward before changing his voice to match the Tenth Doctor, "Hello. I'm the Doctor." Hunching down, he put his hands on his knees. "No, let it go, we've moved on!"

As the original Doctor helped his ganger stand up straight, and the ganger grips tightly on his tweed jacket, Charlotte pulls Amy back when she makes her way forward. Even with her good intentions, Charlotte knew no one could disturb the two (even Amy).

"Hold on, hold on, you can stabilize!" Said the Doctor as he kept his panting self standing straight.

"I've reversed the top hat of the neutron flow. Would you like a..." The thought drifted away as he looked up at himself with glassy eyes. "Doctor... Doctor... I'm... I'm the- I can't."

"No, listen, hold on. Hold on!"

Yelling out a long, "NO!" the Doctor's ganger pushes him away, returning to his undefined state and yelling out in pain. While the banging from the other gangers becomes easier to hear, the Ganger Doctor's hands fly to his head.

Charlotte, moving away from her spot watching the Doctors' interaction, goes to the crew members and helps them add more stuff to the barricade. All of a sudden, the gangers' knocks stopped and were replaced by an eerie silence. Standing by, Charlotte waited for them to begin pounding on the door again.

Buzzer's thoughts were the same. "I think I liked it best when they were being nosy."

After humming in response to Buzzer, Charlotte moves over to where the Doctors stood (the original at a distance from the ganger as his hands covered his head). "I know we aren't getting along, right now," she says, her head held high as she looked between the two. "But we need to cooperate. We need all the hands we can get- so, if you could hurry up..." she looks at the ganger as his head rose, now looking identical to the other's- "stabilizing?"

"Charlotte!" Exclaimed the Ganger Doctor closely before his grin dropped. "What time is it?"

"I don't know!" She huffed out as her arms crossed. Looking between them, she noticed the lack of a hustle to help. "Doctors, c'mon!"

The original stayed focus on himself. "Cybermats," he said pointedly.

"Do we have time for this?" Questioned the ganger.

Charlotte shook her head. "Nope. Now, help."

"We make time. I'd like more proof that you're me." He tilts his head in a way that urges for an answer. "Cybermats?"

"Created by the Cybermen. They kill by feeding off brainwaves."

While the Doctor continued interrogating himself, Charlotte rushed back to the crew members as they surrounded the door. Amy, who stood with them, quickly turned to her with a troubled look. "They say they don't have any guns. What do we do?"

Rubbing her hand across her face, Charlotte turns to Buzzer, the closest crew member to her. "Why are there no guns? Not even after the Isle of Sheppey? Don't want to protect yourselves in case...?"

Jimmy instead, from where he leans against the door, answers, "Why would we have guns? We're in a factory. We mine." He chuckles under his breath. "They would've got them by now!"

"Right," drew out Charlotte, knowing she stood corrected in the matter of guns. As the ganger's pounding on the other side increased, her eyes drifted down to the door, where a hissing noise came from and smoke flew off. Jimmy stood away from the door. "What's that?"

"Acid," says Amy.

While the Doctors spoke quietly to each other, separated from the group, everyone else took something in their hand to hold as a weapon in case they got in. Amy, holding a torch from earlier, held it up as she watched the door. Charlotte stuffs her hands inside of the windbreaker... Even with the bigger-on-the-inside pockets, there was only her phone and candy wrappers making up the population. So, taking out the flip-phone she stole on her first day, she opened it and held it as if it were something much more impressive.

However, the Doctors still chatted, one of them even chuckling, like nothing was happening. Equally as frustrated as Charlotte, Amy calls over to them, "Doctor, come on!"

Saying one last thing, the Doctors walked in step to them and stood side-by-side. "Hello!" They said in sync, catching their attention. "Sorry..."

The Ganger Doctor, who Amy noticed was the one wearing the black shoes, continued, "But we had to establish a few..."

"Ground rules," finished the original, who Amy noticed wore the brown boots, as they were borrowed by Buzzer. Charlotte, however, knew they would switch the shoes anyway, so she paid little attention to them.

"Formulate a..."

The original interrupts, "Protocol."

The Ganger Doctor looked at himself with a goofy smile. "Protocol. Very posh."

"A protocol between us. Otherwise..."

"It gets horribly embarrassing and potentially confusing."

Charlotte let out a puff of air through her nose. "Nice job figuring out that problem, now can we figure out the problem at hand?"

The Ganger Doctor points at her and says after a pause, "That's passive-aggressive."

Nodding his head, the original faced him. "She's passive-aggressive when she's angry."

Remembering, the Ganger Doctor shook his head before, along with the ganger, focused on Amy to say simultaneously, "Breathe!"

"What?" Responded Amy in confusion.

"We have to get you off this island," says the Ganger Doctor adding closely after, "And the gangers too."

Holding up an object above her shoulder, Cleaves turned to him. "Sorry, would you like a memo from the last meeting? They're trying to kill us!"

"They're scared," he replied.

Amy, who looks at the original Doctor, says, "Doctor, we're trapped in here."

"Right, see, I don't think so," he said as he steps forward, looking up to the ceiling as he continues, "The Flesh Bowl is fed by cabling from above."

"But where are the earthing conduits?" Added in the Ganger Doctor.

Looking down at the floor, the original spoke up, "All this piping must go down into a tunnel or a shaft or something, yes? With us?" He moves to the front of the room and, sliding a panel away from where it leans on the wall, reveals a grate. Turning to the group, his smile grew. "Yowza! An escape route."

Amy turns over to Charlotte and mouths 'yowza' with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. After shaking her head, in just as much of annoyance, she turns over to him with her head cocked to the side. "You know," started the Doctor, still standing beside the grate. "I'm starting to get a sense of just how impressive it is to hang out with me."

"Do we tend to say 'yowza?'" Asked the Ganger Doctor.

"That's enough, let it go, okay?" he replied. "We're under stress."

Not long later, they were all in the tunnel guarded by the grate. The original Doctor, who is at the back of the group beside Cleaves, locks the grate shut with the sonic as the gangers follow the buzzing sound. Standing on the other side of the grate, the Ganger Cleaves looks at herself as her original smirked before quickly following after everyone else.

---

"The army will send a recon team," says Buzzer while they walk, not too long after getting out of the shaft, down a tunnel. Charlotte glanced up from the ground, as she kept an eye out for acid leaks, and up to Buzzer. Thankfully, she saw no leaks but that didn't make her feel any less suspicious.

"We need to contact the mainland," Cleaves told them as she leads the group.

Tilting her head, Charlotte replies back, "You're forgetting a few people in that plan, Cleaves."

"Takes a long time to find someone in a maze," mused the original Doctor, stopping in his spot as he took a glimpse around the tunnel. "I bet you lot have got a computer map."

"If we can get the power running, we can scan for them." As soon as she finished her answer, Cleaves began coughing into her elbow. Quickly after her, everyone else began coughing too- even the Doctors. While coughing into her own elbow, Charlotte, thinking of Amy's situation, used her other arm to help her stand straight.

"Doctor, you said earlier to breathe," said Amy in between her coughs.

"Very important, Pond," the original Doctor reminds her. "Breathe."

"Yeah, I'm struggling to," she replies, her voice raspy.

Holding in a cough, the Doctor says in haste, "Acid interacting with the stone..."

"- Creating an asphyxiant miasma!" The Ganger Doctor finished, from where he stood to the side.

"A what?" Snapped Cleaves before returning to her cough.

"Chokey gas. Extra heavy. If we can get above it..." says the Ganger Doctor until being cut off by another string of coughs.

Cleaves, listening to him, ran to the front of the crowd, and in between her coughs hollers, "The evac tower. This way!"

Charlotte, even with her grudge on the woman, knew she had to follow her down the tunnel. And with her hand covering her mouth as the violent coughs continued, she ran behind her to the evac tower.

---

Eventually, they all made it into the power room in the evac tower. A room that was just as dimly lit as every other part of the monastery and a row of control panels. Charlotte, while giving her last few coughs, holds the door open as she ushers everyone else in, most of the crew members rushed over to the control panel.

Locking the door, Charlotte goes to Amy's side as the redhead puts a hand on her hip. "Oh! I think I coughed so hard I pulled a muscle or something."

"It's okay. It's easing off," the Doctor, who stood on her other side, assured her before joining the crew around the front.

As a bell chimes for midnight, Jimmy looked up to the ceiling. Charlotte gave a small smile to Amy before saying to her, "Just... take it easy for a second."

Not long later, Charlotte helps Jimmy and Cleaves search for the cabinets at the sides of the room for anything useful. When Charlotte found they worked well by themselves, she went over to the control panel to stand on one side beside Amy and across from where the two Doctors finished each other's sentences as they popped up and down from where they work on the other side of the console.

"No getting away from it, one of you was here first," she says.

Who Amy thinks is the original Doctor stands up on their left. "After the Flesh scanned me, I had an accident with a puddle of acid. Now new shoes, a situation which did not confront me learned self here..." He drawled off before going back to the ground.

"That satisfy for you, Pond?" Questioned who she thought was the Ganger Doctor, standing to their right.

"Don't call me Pond, please." Both Doctors rested their elbows on the console and stared at her, knowing their little experiment was working.

"What?" Asked Amy, looking back at them.

"Interesting," says the 'Ganger' Doctor. "You definitely feel more affection for him than me."

Amy sighs. "No, I... Look you're fine and everything, but he is the Doctor. No offense. Being almost the Doctor is pretty damn impressive."

"Amy, they're the same," insisted Charlotte.

Shaking her head, Amy replies, "Yeah, but he's just less? You know what I mean."

"Yes! Communication a go-go!" says the 'original' Doctor before Charlotte had a chance to respond, setting the wires he was working on on the console's edge. Facing the console, Charlotte sat at the edge of the group when everyone rushed over to stand at the console as the screen readied itself.

"Find Rory!" directed Amy while Cleaves typed furiously. "Show me the scanny, tracky screen. Come on, Rory, let's be having you."

When the map pulled up on the screen, Cleaves took a quick look before saying, "There's no sign of him anywhere."

"Come on, baby, show yourself," muttered Amy as she stares at the screen for any sign of him.

Cleaves pulls forward the transmitter and twists a switch on the console. Putting it up to her face she says loud and clear, "St. John's calling. Emergency Alpha." After a few seconds of silence, she repeats herself just as confidently, "St. John's calling the mainland. Are you receiving me, Captain? Come in. We'll never get a signal through this storm." She twists a nob on the console as static is only heard. "St. John's calling the mainland. Come in, this is urgent."

Finally, over their radio a voice came on, causing Charlotte to grin. "We're just about reading you, St. John's," the man from the mainland said. "How are you doing? We've had all kinds of trouble"

"Request immediate evacuation. We're under attack. The storm's affected our gangers. They're running amok."

Even from the radio, the man seemed shocked. "Your gangers?"

"Yes," answers Cleaves, "our gangers are attacking us. We need you to take us off the island immediately and wipe them out."

Hearing this, the Doctors share a look and the one who Amy believes to be the original walks back. Charlotte, taking what she said in too, glances between them before paying attention to Cleaves as she replied to the man.

"You'll need to airlift us off the roof of the evac," she tells him while the Doctor began pacing behind them. "And Captain, any further transmission sent by me must come with the following code word." She began typing 'Bad boy' into the computer. "I'm typing it, in case they're listening in."

She sends it, and not long later, her responds, "Got it. We'll swing in, get you out and decommission the Flesh."

---

The original crew members surround a barrel as they prepare themselves for the soon-coming evacuation. Buzzer, as he puts on a new pair of rubber gloves, says for all to hear, "We've got to get out of here."

"We're not leaving without them," asserted Amy, who spun her chair to face him.

"I want 'em found too, but it's about casualties, innit?" He crossed his arms. "Can't be helped."

Sitting upon a disregarded acid barrel, Charlotte rolled her eyes behind her eyelids. "No one will be hurt if you trust us in making a plan," she mumbles. At her emphasis at those words, the believed Ganger Doctor, who was the only one that heard her and stood by himself, cringed.

"Right, not getting it," says Amy to the Doctor sat beside her. "Why exactly are you making a phone call?"

From a distance both the other Doctor and Charlotte watch separately as he answers, "Because, Amy, I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." He spun around in his chair and then spun Amy's chair around, causing her to laugh. "The wheels are in motion. Done."

Amy's chair stopped facing the other Doctor. Looking back over to the Doctor beside her, she began speaking to him and Charlotte quit eavesdropping. Resting the back of her head onto the cool wall, she watched as something seemed to catch Amy's eye at the side of the room.

The redhead stood up and stalked towards it, her eyebrows furrowed as she recognized the thing before... How could that window seemingly appear out of thin air? When Charlotte tried to see the apparition, she saw only a blank wall. But Amy could only watch silently as the lady in the eyepatch looked at her before sliding the window close. Gasping, she turns back around.

Still sitting at the console, a Doctor tilts his head. "Amy? What happened?"

"It's her again," she told him as she sat down, facing him as she breathed heavily.

"It's who again?"

"There's a woman I keep seeing, a woman with an eyepatch," Amy glances between him and Charlotte when the latter joins them with crossed arms. "... and she has this habit of sliding walls open and staring at me. Doctor? Charlotte?"

Charlotte patted her back. "Believe me, it's nothing." She swats away the reassuring hand.

"It's a time memory. Like a mirage," said the Doctor before patting her knee and spinning back to return to console work.

The other Doctor groans and rubs his head. "It's in my head," he says to himself before making his way to the door.

"Hey, hold on!" exclaimed Jimmy, receiving no reaction.

"Don't let him go," says Cleaves as he left the room.

Amy glances over at Charlotte and rose and eyebrow at her, only to have her tilt her head back. Sighing, Amy stood up and went over to the door, "Leave it to me," she says before going after him.

Sitting down in Amy's chair, Charlotte faces the Doctor while he continued to work at the console. After she clears her throat, he turns his head to her, and before he returned his focus back she asks him, "Why did you say that? Why'd you say you didn't trust me?"

That question has been nagging at her since he told her that. After all she did, why did he not trust her? Did she do something she didn't know of? She was going to ask him later when this was all over, but instead, she decided to make use of this time now... As she just remembered what will happen right after this finishes, she thinks it might be smart to just ask now. Plus, she knew she'll work better with him if this question wasn't blaring in her head whenever she saw him.

And now that there's two of them, it had to be answered.

"I..." He groaned in frustration- as much as he wanted to do it, he hated the explanation part of making up. "Back then, I didn't like you, at all. And when you got there that time, I was already put-off by how you knew more about me than I knew of you. I was getting highly suspicious of you so I poked at your every action, turning it into something worse than it was because I didn't trust you. And..." the Doctor paused, already not liking the sound of the words in his head, "I was wrong. Not long after, I began trusting you."

Charlotte leans forward, resting her elbow on her knee and her chin in her palm; she could hardly hold in her grin. "You're the Ganger, right?" She questions, quiet enough no one else could hear her.

"You already know that answer." The Doctor glances back at the console, flicking a switch before focusing on her again. "And what do you think of that?" While Charlotte gives her thoughts he listened in as he worked at the console.

"Well... It's confusing. You aren't him, but he isn't you..." She shakes her head. "I think Amy's spending too long focusing on which one of you is the 'right one' when there isn't one. You're both the same person, you just happen to be an hour-ish old." At that, the Doctor chuckled.

"Why were you even suspicious of me?" Charlotte interrogated him, but by the way she started it off with a laugh, he knew she was taking half-heartedly.

"Oi! You weren't exactly overjoyed to see me when you got here."

She shrugged. "Point taken but not understood."

All of a sudden, Amy reenters the room with a scowl, and Charlotte sits up straight in her spot. "Keep him away from me!" She says, walking over to stand at the console as the door slams shut behind the Doctor.

"Did you sense it?" He questions himself urgently.

"Briefly," he responds, looking between Amy and him. "Not as strong as you."

The original Doctor looks over to the flustered Amy. "Amy, I'm sorry," he apologizes.

"No, you keep away! We can't trust you." At the use of the word, Charlotte sighed. The irony.

He held his hands in the air as he began pacing in the open space. "It would appear I can connect to the Flesh."

"Well, you are Flesh," says Amy.

"I'm beginning to understand what it needs."

"What you want," stressed Amy. "You are it."

Charlotte swung her chair to face her for a moment, raising her eyebrows, before focusing on what the Doctor had to say. However, Amy didn't seem changed at all.

"It's much more powerful than we thought." He looks over at Cleaves, who previously moved to stand on the Ganger Doctor's left. "The Flesh can grow, correct?"

She thought for a moment before nodding. "It's cells can divide."

He rubs his hands together then walks over to stand in front of Cleaves. As she was near, Charlotte looked up to him as he says in a hush, "Well, now it wants to do that at will. It wants revenge. It's in pain, angry. It wants revenge."

Amy nods to herself. "I was right, you're not the Doctor. You can't ever be. You're just a copy." Charlotte looks over at the actual Ganger Doctor as he glanced over at the redhead.

"Doctor," starts Cleaves in an eerily calm tone, "it might be best if you stayed over there for now, hm?"

"Hold on a minute. Hold your horses," began the Doctor, looking up at Cleaves. "I thought I'd explained this. I'm him, he's me." As if he was ready to use brute force, Buzzer moves forward.

Cleaves looks down at the Doctor. "Doctor, we have no issue with you. But when it comes to your ganger..." She slowly glanced up at him, meeting his eye.

"Don't be so absurd."

She doesn't listen and takes charge once again. "Buzzer?" Cleaves calls to him.

He nods, going to grab an empty barrel and sets it on the other side of the room. When he pats the top of it, the Doctor looks over to Cleaves unbelieving- only to get a nod in the barrel's direction. Dramatically straightening his bowtie, he makes a point as he moves over to the barrel. Sitting on top of the barrel cross-legged, he raises his eyebrows to everyone else. "Nice barrel," he said, "very comfy. Why not?"

"This is hardly necessary," Charlotte tells Cleaves. She looks up at her with a dead set expression, only to be met with Cleaves looking down at her without taking what she said into consideration.

"It is necessary when we are being threatened."

"Did you hear a threat?" Charlotte asked the Doctor beside her, when he shook his head she hummed to herself. "Me either. Weird."

---

A few minutes later, Cleaves and Jimmy stand at the console as a man speaks over the radio. "This is the shuttle," he says. "We're right above you, but we can't get low enough. Gamma static could fry our nav-controls. Sit tight." As he continues speaking, the Doctor pulls out the sonic screwdriver. "We'll get to you. Just..." The transmission breaks off and Jimmy tries to call out to any of them.

The Doctor points the sonic at Cleaves and scans her. Looking at the results, his eyebrows scrunch up.

Amy crosses her arms. Even after looking over the map enough times to draw it from memory, she still couldn't find Rory. "I can't find Rory," she tells the Doctor. "I'm going out there."

"We could use the sonic to track him," he says, looking away from the results for a moment. "Humans and gangers give off slightly different signals. The sonic can tell the difference."

Raising an eyebrow, Amy stood in front of him. "Oh, so the sonic knows gangers are different, so the other Doctor is different."

"He's the Doctor," Charlotte emphasized.

"Not to me." Amy shakes her head. "I can tell."

"Sure you're not prejudiced?"

"Nice try, but I know, okay?" replies Amy. "We've been through too much. You're my Doctor. End of."

---

As everyone's' backs were turned to the console, no one noticed a once dead screen flicker to life until Buzzer points it out. Standing up from her chair, Charlotte looks over Amy's shoulder at the screen, immediately seeing Rory and Jennifer walk through a tunnel together.

Leaning forward, Cleaves immediately knew where the two were going. "They're heading for the thermostatic room," she says.

"Let's go get them," directs Amy. The Doctor flips the sonic screwdriver in his hand before throwing it to the other Doctor, who still sits upon the barrel across the room. Catching it easily, the Doctor slid it into his jacket.

"Hang on," says Amy.

Boggled, Cleaves looks down at the Doctor. "We can't let him go. Are you crazy?"

Right then and there, the Ganger Doctor would have scoffed. "Am I crazy, Doctor?"

Sitting on the barrel, he looked over at his counterpart as he recounts a memory, "Well, you did once plumb your brain into the core of an entire planet..." Thinking he'd end the story there, the Ganger Doctor nodded with a grin until it faded off as he added, "... just to halt its orbit and win a bet."

"He can't rescue them. I'm going."

"Do you know, I want him to go." The Doctor stands up and faces her as if testing Amy to say more. "And I'm rather adamant."

"Well, then, he'll need company, right, boss?" Asked Buzzer. "It's fine. I'll handle it."

The Doctor, now standing up from his barrel, snap his fingers and pointed at Buzzer. "Thank you, Buzzer. It'll be alright. I'll find him." At that word, that Doctor leaves the room with Buzzer following close behind.

"I can't explain it to you now," the Doctor says to Amy, "but I need you to trust him. Can you do that for me, Amy?"

"And what if you're wrong?"

---

Standing at the console, Cleaves watches as the temperature gauges. Once reporting, Charlotte replies from beside her, "Rory and Jennifer probably shut off the cooling vents, then." Standing at her side, the Doctor looks at the

"Why do that?" Questioned Dicken. "They'll kill us."

"There's a million gallons of boiling acid under our feet..."

"And it's heating up the whole island," responded the Doctor. "How long 'till it blows?" At his word, a loud explosion is heard from elsewhere in the monastery. Feeling the ground beneath her feet shake, Charlotte's eyes grew as she held onto the console.

"Gangers or no gangers, we need to get the hell out of here!" says Dicken the second it quiets down.

Charlotte gives the man a look as she replies to him, "We'll leave with everyone else."

Taking hold of the transmitter, Cleaves calls out to the shuttle, "Shuttle! We need evac. Where are you? Can you hear me?" On the other end, they all hear static. "Can you...?" Cleaves dropped the transmitter as her face screws up in pain. Bending forward onto the console, she winces as she brought a hand up to her forehead.

"Cleaves?" The Doctor, standing on her side, puts a hand on her shoulder. "Cleaves, sit down." He helps her sit down into a chair.

She pushed his hand away. "I'm fine," Cleaves told him, but as her face recoils, it was clear she wasn't 'fine.'

For a moment, the Doctor waited until she seemed to be recovering a bit to ask her, "Cleaves, what is it?"

"It's nothing," she grumbles.

Charlotte couldn't believe that for a second. "Tell him. He might be able to help."

"I'm waiting for results," she tells her, "so let it go."

"It's a very deep parietal clot." Charlotte, from where she stood on Cleaves' right, gave him a look. Even if he was incredibly smart, how the hell could he tell from such little context?

Furrowing her eyebrows, Cleaves looks at him strangely. "How could you possibly...?" As he sighed, she pauses. "Inoperable?"

"On Earth, yes."

"Well seeing as Earth is all that's on..." She stops in her tracks when he rose his eyebrows. Humming, Cleaves smirked. "I'm no healthy spring chicken, and you're no weatherman. Right?" Before he could answer, and crash explodes from another part of the monastery, and the aftershock shakes the floor of the power room.

"Something just cracked!" Amy hollers to them from where she stands beside the exit with Jimmy. "I heard it."

"Yeah, we can't stay here!" Shouts the Doctor as another quake begins. "Let's go!"

Charlotte quickly grabs a flashlight that sat on top of the console and rushed to the door. However, as another explosion shakes the room and an alarm begins blaring, Cleaves didn't seem to budge from her post until a rumble caused her to stumble back and the console to begin sparking up. Charlotte looked over at Cleaves in worry as she returned to the console, speaking into the transmitter uselessly.

Despite her feelings towards Cleaves and what she did earlier that did, Charlotte rushed back to the console and grips her elbow. "Cleaves? Come on. The console's dead." Pulling her along, she let go not long later as they began running out of the room behind everyone else.

_______

Next up: The Almost People Part Two (Flesh and Afresh Part Two)

GIF FROM lecompanion ON TUMBLR

A/N: listened to the six musical for the first time. very good very good. i think the next chapter is gonna be short because I'm only writing 15 minutes worth but I also want to write something at the end of it so yeah :-)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

3K 117 21
Rose appears in Eleven's Tardis with no memory. But when she finds that he is not the Doctor she needs, she is transported to Eight and finds herself...
228 6 11
when the 14th doctors plan to take the nobles and the temples on holiday goes wrong, he ends up somewhere he never thought he would ever be again, an...
38.5K 2.2K 27
When a dictator from the future threatens Rose Tyler's Earth, and by extension, threatens the Doctor as well. Will they discover his intentions in t...
44K 1K 30
(ORIGINAL VERSION) If she wishes for the truth, is she willing to lose everything? *** Willow has travelled with the Doctor and Rose for a year and h...