Beast Behind the Mask

By Human-girl

He's Ruthless. He's Dark. He's Dangerous. He's Possessive. He's the Alpha... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 8

45.6K 1.1K 173
By Human-girl

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the late update but my Exams were going on :(

So here's the next chapter.

Enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 8

I snuggled closer in bed trying to warm up. It suddenly felt very cold. I reached out for Hunter but sat up straight when I realized he wasn't there. His side was cold, meaning he had been gone for a while. I looked around the room and smiled slowly as I recalled last night. It had been amazing. Pure magic. I could feel myself blushing just thinking about Hunter’s gravelly voice. Last night my suspicions were confirmed. Any doubt I might have had, had evaporated. I was utterly and irrevocably in love with Hunter. I don't know how that happened. How it was even possible. I had not known him for that long, but it did happen. And something Mom taught me, was that to never question your fate. Everything happened for a reason and no matter how much you deny it or how much you try to stop it, it doesn't change. So it’s better to accept it than try to be perverse.

I got up from my bed and went inside the bathroom. I washed my face and looked in the mirror. And involuntarily squeaked. There, right where Hunter had bit me was a-a tattoo! I pushed my hair all the way back and took a closer look. It was a word I guess. Something written in another language in, black ink, entwined over a white wolf. The wolf was standing proud and possessive at the juncture of my neck. It wasn't very large. Just started from a little below my ear and ended at the middle of my shoulder. The word was very difficult to decipher. I tried but it did not resemble English in the least. Where did this come from?

I took the soap and rubbed it on the tattoo and scrubbed it with the sponge. But it wasn't coming off anytime soon. I leaned over the sink to see any evidence of anything that might tell the reason of its existence. But what i saw sent me into full panic mode. There just above the wolf, below my ear lobe was a bite mark. A little like two tiny holes in my neck. It looked scary.

I quickly donned on an over-sized T-shirt and a pair of jeans and after slipping in my flip-flops, ran downstairs. I had already tied my hair up in a bun so they did not get in the way. But a wall did. I would surely have fallen down of the wall had not caught me. And as the arms went around me i realized that the wall was actually Hunter. 

"Whoa, easy kitten." Hunter said as he steadied me. 

I looked up at him and caught my breathe. He had always been handsome. But today he looked exceptionally beautiful. He rendered my head utterly empty except thoughts of only him. He was amazing.

"Ummm....."  And I was an idiot.

He smirked. His eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Kitten, are you alright?"

"Ummm...I..." I wished the ground opened and swallowed me whole.

Hunter's smirk turned into a full blown smile that made my knees weak. If it wasn't for him holding me, I would have fallen down.

"Kitten" He drawled as he bent down and put his mouth to my ear, "I asked-" He brushed his lips on my ear. I shivered. "are you-" he trailed little kisses all over my ear then---"alright?"---sucked my ear lobe in his mouth.

I whimpered as I pushed myself closer to him. He always did that. Made a blubbering fool out of myself. He had complete power over me and I know he knew it. 

He kissed along my jaw and finally my lips. His kiss was possessive. It seared into my lips and sent tingles through my entire body, making me moan. He gripped my hair and tilted my head back as he kissed me harder and deeper, slanting his mouth over mine and pushing his tongue further into my mouth, as he dominated me completely. I kissed him back with the same fervor and put my hands around him and stood on my tip toes.

After he pulled away, I tried to catch my breathe, but Hunter as usual was completely normal. Supernatural. Not fair. 

I looked up at him after regaining the required respiratory rate, just to see that Hunter was staring at my neck with a possessive gleam in his eyes. That's when I remembered why I was running so frantically in the first place.

"Hunter....did you see? There's some weird tattoo on my ne-"

"That's not a tattoo Kitten." Hunter said as he lead me downstairs. "That's my mark."

'Your mark?" I asked dubiously.

"Yes, last night I gave it to you. Or did you forget?" He was smirking at me.

I turned bright red at his suggestive eyes and turned my face, pressing it into his shoulder.

He chuckled. I could feel the vibrations travel from his chest into me. 

"Damn I love it when you blush." 

That only made me turn redder. 

I had not paid attention to where we were going but when I looked up we were in the kitchen and all activity had seized. Everyone had their heads bowed, including Mom, I realized as I surveyed the room. I turned to Hunter and he too was looking at them with a blank look on his face. Then suddenly everyone turned to stare at me. I moved closer to Hunter, sensing my discomfort he tightened his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. Everyone abruptly looked down and bowed their heads. To me. Okayyy. What was going on?

And just like that, while I was confusedly trying to deduce the situation everyone went back to what ever they were doing like nothing had happened just now.

"Hunter," I murmured, "What was that?"

"What was what?" He asked as he lead me towards the table at the far end of the ridiculously vast kitchen.

"You were staring at them." I said softly as I took my seat and watched as Hunter took his after pushing my seat back near the table."And they were bowing to me. To me." I whispered the last part looking around.

"Kitten I was not staring at them. I was simply commanding them about making you feel welcome." He reprimanded.

"Commanding? But you weren't even talking." I said as I tilted my head and regarded him with confusion.

Hunter stared at me with an incredulous expression on his face. He then looked around, probably looking for someone, then stared back at me.

"What?" I whispered self-consciously as I rubbed my damp palms on my jeans.

"You don't know, do you?" He queried, "She really didn't tell you."

"Know what? And who didn't tell me?" I was starting to get a little worried.

"Kitten, baby wolves can talk to each other through their minds."

I stared at him. "Through their minds? What, like telepathy?"

He nodded.

How did I not know about this.I looked around and realized Mom was nowhere to be found. She must be who Hunter had been looking for.

“Umm I guess that is pretty cool." I replied after processing the information.

"Can we do that?" I asked as I leaned forward.

"We-''

Hunter was interrupted by a middle aged round lady with black hair in a hairnet and a sweet motherly smile, bringing in fresh plates of omelettes and pancakes. They looked delicious.

"Good Morning Alpha. Here's your breakfast." She said as she put the plates down on the table.

"Thanks Martha." Hunter replied and turned towards me, ''Kitten, this is Martha, one of the pack's cooks."

One of the cooks? 

"Hi Martha." I greeted quietly, smiling up at her.

"Hello Luna. A pleasure to meet you." She said and left, bowing her head, before I could correct her that she could call me by my name. Luna seemed very formal and elderly.

"You will have to get used to it, because you will be only called Luna." 

I stared at Hunter, my mouth hanging open in shock, "You can read my thoughts?"

"Yes, of course.” He replied casually.

“H-how?” I asked, astonished.

 "When a wolf marks his mate, then after marking, her mind is open to him. So that he can know what she is doing and where she is at all times.That way he can always protect her." Was his matter-of-fact answer.

"Bu-but you didn't tell me this, before marking me, tha-tha-that you could read my mind." I said softly as I tried to comprehend the meaning of all this. He had heard everything. My every thought about him, all my feelings. I wasn't ready for him to know that I had fallen for him so quickly, when I was sure he certainly did not feel the same way. Oh God I think I was going to die of embarrassment. My face turned red as I put my palms over my face, hiding myself.

"Did I tell you you were mine?" Hunter growled. 

I looked up at him. He looked angry, his silver eyes darker and his jaw set.

"Y-yes." I whispered as I sat up straighter.

"Then don't fu****g act like I tricked you into this. When I tell you you're mine that means all of you. Including your thoughts."

With that he pushed his chair back and stalked out of the room. Leaving me sitting there. Hurt and confused.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 93K 31
"You are mine, Natalya. I will show you over and over if I have to." ***** In a werewolf's life, you live your life around constant companionship but...
2.4M 54.4K 26
Nora hates it when werewolves and vampires make themselves known to the world. All she dreams about is escaping to a human community, when she gets...
211K 7.6K 21
They say your mate is someone who is always supposed to be there for you. But, they never talk about what happens when your mate isn't there for you...
182K 6.2K 31
Star is a fierce werewolf warrior. An unwilling Omega to a pack of the most powerful wolves around. But, when Knox and his pack arrive from Dallas to...