darling - n.mikaelson

Av annabellapi

"Nothing is with me now but a sound,   A heart's rhythm, a sense of stars" - W. H. Auden, Compline In which C... Mer

darling
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Epilogue

08

39.9K 1K 640
Av annabellapi

Charlotte was pleased when they did in fact stop at a hotel for the evening, she let Klaus pull her from the car and lead her and Stefan to the concierge desk to compel some rooms. 

Klaus and Stefan stayed outside in the corridor for a little while together, discussing what'd happened with the man at the school and the plan for the next day but Charlotte slid away as soon as she could. 

She didn't really care what the next step in this hellish little plan was but she was sure she wanted to shower.

Klaus and Stefan eventually ended their conversations and retired to their rooms. Charlotte heard their doors click shut and a little while later she emerged from her room. She didn't expect that they'd be in a town again for more than an hour until they reached wherever in Florida they were heading and she wanted to at least stretch her legs a little whilst she could.

Charlotte had been knocking on Stefans door for several minutes before she heard the door beside her open. Her face reddened in embarrassment as she considered perhaps she'd been knocking on the wrong door. She had been sure this was the room Stefan had lingered in front of.

"Enlisting your brother on your next escape attempt love? You really are getting bold now."

Charlotte spun on her spot, turning to the voice beside her that she knew would only be Klaus, her arms crossed her chest and her face fell into a frown.

"Do you know where my brother is?"

"Stefan stopped out for a quick bite, ripper and all, you know how it is."

Charlotte rolled her eyes and turned away, not interested in conversing with Klaus whilst he was taunting her like this. She just wanted to go for a walk and while she'd like Stefan's company, she wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to be outside regardless. 

Before she could take another step away from Klaus, he'd sped around her and was now leaning against the wall in front of her, blocking her path down the corridor.

"Sweetheart, just because I haven't killed you yet doesn't mean I won't. You really need to get it out of your head you can do as you please. Where exactly are you planing on going?"

Charlotte looked to the floor, "I've learnt my lesson no escape plans. I just want to go for a walk okay? I'm not running away." 

She hated the way he treated her like a child, even more so she hated the way his frowns still made her chest pound with fear. He held his arm out and her eyes flicked up to his, confused. 

"Lets go for a walk then darling, lead the way."

Charlotte didn't wrap her arm around his like he wanted, but she did move to his side to leave. She wanted to go out and at least this way she could stretch her legs a little before their days in the car once more.

The pair walked in silence although it wasn't uncomfortable. Charlotte led the way at first, not exactly sure where she intended on going, just excited to explore and stretch her legs. 

Soon enough Klaus could see her start to get cold again, her arms were covered in goosebumps and her nose and cheeks were flushed with red. The wind was barely blowing on them, it was hardly more than a slight chill but her arms were crossed over her body.

How Charlotte always seemed on the verge of freezing baffled him but he saw a coffee shop up before them and he could see the relief as he held the door open for her, leading her into the warmth. Charlotte followed Klaus to the counter and was pleased when he ordered drinks for them both, tea, hers with milk and sugar. There were couches free in the corner and Klaus and Charlotte sat together in a surprisingly content silence.

The warmth of her tea, steam billowing onto her face distracted Charlotte and she didn't see Klaus fiddling with his phone, not noticing he'd dialled someone until it was passed to her and placed in her hand.

"Don't make me regret this, love." 

Charlotte's eyes flickered between him and the phone with confusion until she heard a voice coming from the speaker.

"Hello?" an annoyed voice came from the phone, "Who is this, what do you want?"

"Damon," Charlotte moved the phone so quickly to her head that her tea spilled on her legs and she let out a slight hiss as the heat burned her legs, "Damon is that you?"

Klaus pulled Charlottes drink from her hand, placing it on the table before them, and she shot him a grateful glance. She couldn't actually believe that not only was Klaus letting her call her brother, that he was doing it without her even asking. She didn't know it was an option but she felt so overwhelmed with emotion hearing his voice again.

"Charlotte?" Damons voice mirrored her surprise, "Charlie are you alright?"

"Damon I miss you, I'm okay. Are you okay? Did you heal okay after Katherine came?"

"Where are you?" Damon ignored her questions, more worried about his sister than himself. "Charlie, where are you, I'll come get you. Did you slip away? We can come back for Stef. Tell me where you are and I'll come get you."

Charlotte had two hands on the phone now, wanting to pull her brothers voice closer to her and she looked nervously at Klaus who she knew could hear every word her brother spoke. He didn't say anything but his lips were pursed with disproval and she knew what he would say.

"I can't do that D. I can't come back with you. I– I just wanted to call and talk to you a minute."

It hurt to shut Damons hope down this way and her brow furrowed as she spoke. 

"Charlotte–"

"–Damon I can't. I just can't okay. I just wanted to know you're alright and tell you I love you. We're both okay, please just stay safe."

"I love you too Charlie," Damons voice was soft and she knew he was sad, she knew the look on his face without seeing it. The one where he hid his emotions and his face went blank. When he was too upset he didn't let any emotions out, "If you change your mind–"

"I won't."

Damon's voice was persuasive, "If you do."

Charlotte looked at Klaus again, he looked to be getting more annoyed and she was worried if she stayed on the phone much longer Damon would say something to upset him.

"D, I've got to go. I just wanted you to know, to know I love you. I love you and I'm okay. I'll look after Stef, he's okay too."

"I'll get you back Charlotte, I'll get you both back, I promise I'll find you."  

Charlotte couldn't respond to that, she didn't know how to reply without letting out a sob so she just returned the phone to Klaus who hung it up and returned her mug.

She was grateful to hold her drink again, still hot, the warmth of it in her hands and as she sipped was comforting. She could feel Klaus' eyes on her but she kept hers averted, stirring her tea as she tried to focus her mind.

"Thank you, Klaus."

"Nik," he corrected.

Charlotte liked this Klaus, soft and kind when she wanted to curl up into a ball and shake and sob. She fought the urge to curl her knees to her chest, trousers certainly had their perks, but she felt it improper to do in a public place.

"Why do you want me to call you Nik and not Klaus?" she asked, preferring to talk about him than her right now.

"Niklaus is my full name."

Niklaus, she remembered now that was what Elijah called him. 

"But you don't care for Stefan call you Nik."

"Stefan and I have a bit of a different history, sweetheart."

Charlotte considered Klaus' response, not sure what to make of it. Finishing their drinks, Charlotte and Klaus stood to leave. Charlotte didn't like the way Klaus was so prone to tugging her places, but she did, just a little bit, like the warmth of his hand laying on her back while they walked. 

Klaus was the one leading the way this time, pulling her along by his side and directing the pair back to the hotel to rest. Charlotte was tired, she felt comforted having at least spoken to Damon. Although it didn't go the way she might've hoped, she was relieved to know he was alright and she was anxious to tell Stefan.

When they arrived at their rooms, Stefan opened his door before they were halfway down the hallway. Klaus' hand fell from Charlotte as they approached and she stepped away from him. Stefan's eyes were weary as he watched Klaus and Charlotte but he simply nodded at Klaus, pulling the door shut behind them as Charlotte sped into his room.

"I spoke to Damon, Stef," Charlotte explained, sitting on his bed. Stefan watched her, his arms crossed as he stood by the doorway, "He's okay."

"Charlie, we can't let Damon know where we are, if Klaus caught you–"

Charlotte was annoyed Yes she was human but she wasn't an idiot and she didn't need protecting from everything. She could make autonomous decisions without bringing on armageddon. Her brother was only looking out for her but that didn't mean he needed to treat her like a fool. 

"Klaus was the one who made the call Stef, he heard the whole thing. Don't talk to me like I'm a child."

Stefans eyes softened, feeling guilty.

"He's okay? They–" here Stefan hesitated, remembering that Charlotte didn't know that Elena had survived, not wanting to tell her and have her at risk, "they're all okay?"

Charlotte smiled, standing up and pulling him into a hug, "they're all okay. Damon says he misses us."

"I'm really glad you're back Charlie."

He didn't mean from the walk.

"I really missed you guys all those years. I really, really missed you, Stef."

Stefan smiled, he'd missed her a lot more than she would ever know. She was who he'd thought of whenever he needed hope. 

He knew that he'd do whatever Klaus said, kill and torture whoever he wanted, just so long as Charlotte stayed safe. He couldn't switch it all off, not because of Elena, but because he needed to be present for Charlotte.

Stefan pushed her head away jokingly, "go to bed Charlie you're getting sappy."

Charlotte grinned as she punched him in the chest, she liked being back with Stefan. If they couldn't all be home together, at least she had Stefan with her too.

a.n. stay safe u guys. protest against injustices and if ur someone w privilege use that privilege to raise up other and make sure black and indigenous voices are heard 

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

891K 20.5K 66
❝it's always been you❞ *COMPLETE* *BOOK ONE OF THE SALVATORE SISTER SERIES* THE VAMPIRE DIARIES - SEASON TWO - FOUR Charlotte Amelia Salvatore was tu...
56.5K 1.5K 43
"When you saw her,his eyes light up and his heart fastens they it should"-klaus "he touched my soul long before i know what his hands feel like"-jodh...
16.3K 419 12
[ ABANDONED ] "Living or dying. Which is better?" [ KOL MIKAELSON X OC ] [ TVD SEASON 3-4 ]
52.3K 1.4K 37
𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙡 𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙖 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙙𝙖𝙮, 𝙈𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙁𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙣𝙤 𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙚𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣. 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙡...