Something I wished for || Wat...

By AnkSun344

I wish it would've happened like this like we were always meant to be together, nothing was there between us... More

•Aesthetics and Characters•
Chapter 1- The masterminds
Chapter 2- Manzar
Chapter-3 Rudra
Chapter 4- Irritation
Chapter 5- Her savior
Chapter 6- Pain
Chapter 7- Ache
Chapter 8- freezing
Chapter 9 - Coward
Chapter 10 - Pace
Chapter 11 - Ravishing
Chapter 12- The game of thinking
Chapter 13- You and him. Again.
Chapter 14- the smile slipped
Chapter 15 - Pessimist
Chapter 16 - Regret
Chapter - 17 Trembling
Chapter 18 - Gurgling
Chapter 20 - would be lovely
Chapter 21- Rudra
Chapter 22 - Manzar

Chapter 19 - Oh So Dramatic

3.3K 231 26
By AnkSun344

'theres always a home for you
here in my heart,

I'll leave the lights on.'
Ben maxfield

After reading the quote my inner voice- 
Where are you?

_____________________

I was waiting for him to talk. You know.

_____________________

Rudra’s POV

Destiny brought us back together, though there was participation of two or few people but it was destiny’s call.

And I answered it.

I was nervous today. I was having unintentional tremors.

While standing in front of the ministers and my seniors I was rigid, trying really hard to cover it.
I had this twitching smile plastered on my face, my lips were twitching and the area around my eyes was flickering.

My face was having a panic attack and no one was there to rescue.

I asked my peon to take a picture of mine specially so that I could send it to my family.

My mom was happy for me today and my father was ecstatic – I had this strange feeling inside of me boasting that I succeeded. I was on cloud nine.

I sacrificed my personal life to gain the pride of my father.

I left the opportunity to gain all of my firsts at the right age and here I am now at this age now having all the firsts- delayed but it is better than never.

At the age of twenty seven I was having the moments with her, which we were supposed to have at my early twenties.

Like it is said – when it is time, love will find you.

My phone beeped.

I excused myself from the group I was talking to and moved to answer the message meanwhile get myself something to drink.

Her comments on my picture, where I was standing beside the name board were quite teasing.

She said- I like the name written on the board, but what I love more is the twitch of your eye.

How long have you been smiling like that? Your face might by now need icing?

I laughed. Few things never change. If only you were here Manzar.

And just like that I pictured her here with me, standing in front of me facing the crowd but mind on me, saying – cut the smile I know you can’t do it – according to her I make a brooding picture everytime I’m being photographed.

One particular request from her made me cringe, she asked me to send her a selfie – I just don’t know how to take one.

Gulping the diet coke in a single go I was looking for places secluded from every eye, where I could take one picture of mine.

My eyes rested near the front gates where pillars were guarding the entry gate and nobody seem to enter inside for now.

As one of my officer's passed by me, I smiled acknowledging his presence and walked out.

I cleared my throat once checking for any spectators and then took my phone out.

I took two pictures and stared at them for a complete minute and end up deleting them. The first one had my body looking big and face tiny where in the second picture my eyes were droopy.

“Sinha?”
I was called inside

“Sir”
I saluted minister Sharma and answered his blessings and good wishes with a smile. He was talking about my father being a proud Dad.

I nodded.

It was an important day for me so it was certain of me to wear uniform or else in my regulars I wouldn’t be standing here so tall in front of all respected guests.

In front of our juniors and equals we are allowed to wear regular clothes but in front of reputed post holders we are not to step outside, it’s simply out of respect and non- ethical.

Why not wear your uniform everyday at work, its as simple as that.

“So when are we getting the news of your wedding bells?”

I laughed, “Soon sir. As soon as my Mom is ready to accept an identical personality as hers”

We all laughed.

Fifteen minutes in talking my phone buzzed again, fishing it out of my pocket I came face to face with Manzar’s selfies.

She has sent me a picture of her and Seher’s baby, who was lying on the top of her playing on his own, and she was smiling down at the camera.

Lucky kid.

The caption said- we are still waiting.

“You look occupied lately, son?”

I smile, “just trying to get a potential girls’ attention, Sir”

He laughed again, “You are a good man son, she is lucky”

“The luck is all mine sir.”

“Go! Give her your attention atleast.”

“Thank you sir”

I walked in a corner and sent her the picture of the whole office, telling her – there are too many people looking at me.

She replied within instant-  nobody is looking at you except me. Plus taking a selfies takes only seconds. What is so tough?!

I sighed. There no win against her.

I took a picture smiling and without looking at it twice, I sent it to her.

She replied- cute!

Just cute!

I am not cute! I am tough man for your eyes that can’t see. I sent her a stink eye emoticon and joined the crowd.

After the meeting at the office,  I have a big meeting planned at home.

Her parents know, my parents know just the bride is oblivious.

This day is going to be a death of me.

______

Manzar’s POV

I was standing in front of the mirror, dressing myself and practicing the welcome smile, I’ve rehearsed since this morning.

To call myself nervous I would be lying. I was scared now.

What if I ruin it like everytime?

My nerves have a habit of getting the best out of me.

I smiled once again looking at myself and said
“Namaste Aunty. Namaste Uncle”

But can’t help my mind who was already creating a conversation-

“No No beti call us Mom and Dad, after all we are a family now” his father said

“Aaah mere gale lag ja”
his mom said pulling me in her embrace (come, give mumma a hug)

“Mom”
I on the verge of tears hugged her with love

From around the corner I saw his sister Ruhani, running upto me,

“Sister in law”
she said that with so much love that it almost felt real

I laughed once out of the trance.

I was going crazy it was declared. I was filming a movie in my head. My oh so dramatic head.

I looked at the Baby playing on my bed and started talking to him,
“Maasi is going crazy Bobo, all you have to blame is your, soon be Mausa ji”

He made a gurgle sound, acknowledging my word but chewing on his tiny fingers.

I had him dressed long before me, his bag was prepared with a pack of diapers all set, his powder if needed, his lotion and not to forget a small blanket.

His mother is in her room with his father getting ready for the little trip.

Once I was done wearing kohl, I applied his lotion on my arms and near my neck- I was against wearing perfume cause it may cause irritation to my, Bobo.

And well baby products do smell amazing.

“Aditya! Seher! I am ready where are you guys?”

Hearing his parents name my Bobo, looked at me wide eyed with his lips forming a ‘O’.

“You see, Bobo, your parents, they are always so… so cheesy. Always glued. I make faces when they do that but you know the truth, Maasi love it when they do that.”

I played with his hands pulling them together and kissing them, he gurgled again smiling.

“I want them to stay like this forever. Promise me you will pray the same always.”

He gurgled confirming my words
“ good boy”

I kissed his forehead and took him in my arms to walk out, not before taking his vanity bag with me.

I saw them both in the kitchen. Seher was packing Ras Malai, which she offered because she is not allowed to carry the baby for too long so the least she could do was to offer my food packing-  that’s what she said.

The girl never wants someone else to work for her.

Aditya was standing hugging her from behind kissing her cheek talking something in her ear, to which she was smiling humming and nodding.

“like I said glued”
I whispered to Bobo

“Alright love birds cut it off. Tell me how do I look.”

I said standing in front of them, more like in front of the kitchen slab they were romancing behind.

Seher blinked once smiling,
“Beautiful. Light blue suits you”

I looked at Aditya, waiting for his comment, “You look like a mother going to fish a father for her child”

I gasped.

“Mean. That’s your child I am holding so that you skunks can get a chance to romance. How dare you!”

He laughed but failed to notice Seher’s expression who was now standing with a blank face in his arms.

“Seher, that was good. Right?”
he asked still laughing kissing her cheek

She raised her sharp eyebrow looking at him sideways,
“What exactly you mean by ‘like a mother’?”

He released her, “what?”

“Like a mother- what does that mean? What certain way mothers look, Aditya?”

“I was just teasing her Seher. You do not look like that you are perfect.”

“Perfect? I wasn’t asking you how I look. I couldn’t care less about the little baby tummy I’ve gained Aditya, but what does like a mother means?”

Sensing the now angry atmosphere I tried to join in,
“He was mentioning about me all ready with these bags and a baby, Seher not about your…”

Seher turned to look at me raised eyebrows, I pursed my lips shut.

She turned to look back at him, who was now rubbing the back of his head smiling sheepishly.

I wanted to laugh  and I did just that,
“Serves you right” I whispered

He looked at me with a half glare,
“Manzar, be a darling and get the car keys from my study.”

I opened my mouth to protest, when I decided against it, let her kick his ass.

Asshole! his study is always too organized, it is difficult for me to find his stuff always- bloody type A personality!

I walked out of the crime scene towards his study ignoring the protest of my sister where she was being grabbed against her wish.

All romantic people nothing criminal

When after ten minutes or so of me multitasking to look for his car keys while carrying his child I still couldn’t find them so I walked out, I was by myself embarrassed to acknowledge the condition of my like rabbits family members.

I ignored their both ruffled condition and arranging the bag on my shoulder I asked him, “I couldn’t find them.”

“Hhh…couldn’t find what?”
he asked adjusting the collar of his shirt

“Your keys. Car keys?”
I ate the word asshole in my mind

I was struggling there and they were romancing here.

Both assholes.

“Oh! I have them lets go now. “
he said his gaze resting on his flushed wife and taking the baby from my arms he walked out the door, down the stairs.

I was left gauging at my sister, who walked ahead of me taking the baby bag from me and handing me the Dessert Box.
“Please lock the door for me”

“Why not!” I smiled

But laughed inside.

Crazy rabbits.

___________________
Feelings that comeback are feelings that never left
___________________

Next update is going to more entertaining.
I promise

I hope you like it
With love,
Ankita 🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 32.5K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
18.7K 915 44
If you are not loved, if you have got nobody to love you, then turn your loveless life into something beautiful. That something should be worth. ☆☆☆ ...
2K 132 37
how will you feel when your marriage is getting arrange with someone ,you once had crush ......This is story about Mihir and Ishani......... working...
9.6M 734K 88
Marriage had always been my dream but not to a man about whom I know nothing. The moment my father fixed an alliance of me to a Prince without even t...