Saving Each Other (todoroki x...

由 happpykitty88

It's amazing how the smallest smile masks the deepest scars Sakura Asano isn't your typical average teenage... 更多

A little bit about Sakura (OC)
Remember
You're Not Serious..
Izuku Midoriya
Getting Closer
U.A. Entrance Exam
Congrats!
First Day
Excuse Me?
You Don't Know Me
Friends?
Attack On USJ
Attack on USJ pt 2
Attack on USJ pt 3
Guilt
Sweets and Tears
Rant
Yoga with the Hothead
Declaring War
Obstacle Race
Cavarly Battle
The Truth
Public Humiliation
Burn
Save Yourself
Fighter
Who do you want to be?
Shoto
Let Go
Shattered Glass
Let it out, the real way
A lil about me
Save Each Other
Moving Forward
Hero Names
Never run away from a challenge
Challenge Match
Defeated
Attack on Hosu
Face to Face with the Hero Killer
Trauma
Recovery
Night Terrors
Because I'll Be Right Here
I Promise
Planning for Final Exams
Distraction
Don't Blame Yourself
Painkillers
Shopping Gone Wrong
Push it down
Two Heroes - Chapter One
Two Heroes - Chapter Two
Two Heroes - Chapter Three
Hello....
Two Heroes-Chapter Four
Two Heroes - Chapter 5
Two Heroes - Chapter Six
Chapter 54

Because I Care

11.6K 399 257
由 happpykitty88

3rd POV

Shinso took a seat at the empty part of the spectator's area of the stadium and sighed in frustration. He couldn't believe that he lost his match. He thought he had the win for sure when he got Midoriya to talk back to him. He definitely didn't expect for him to create a disruption to get out of his mind-control.

"Oh hey it's you."

Shinso turned around and saw Sakura Asano standing behind him. She had one of her headphones plugged in.

Shinso rolled his eyes. "Are you here to make fun of me since I threatened you and your whole class and ended up losing?" He remembered how cocky he acted and now he was the fool.

Sakura took a seat next to him. "No, although I did find you kind of an asshole on that day. I mean you did make fun of my size," she said as she put her feet up on the seat in front of her.

"Are you here for an apology then?" Shinso scoffed. He knew he had made some rude comments about her not looking like much, but he was completely wrong about that. He's seen what she was capable of during the Sports Festival. She was incredibly skilled and strong-headed. But, of course he would never admit that.

"Pshh, no. I came here to talk to you about your quirk," she nonchalantly says as she wraps the headphones around her phone before putting it in her pocket.

Immediately, Shinso got annoyed. "Oh I see, you came here to tell me that I have a villain quirk then. That I could never be a hero because my quirk is scary."

Sakura let out a laugh which surprised Shinso. "Are you kidding? I think your quirk is awesome! Like mind-control? It's so cool that you could have complete control of somebody. You can like totally take down a bunch of villains just like that," she says as she snapped her fingers.

Shinso didn't know what to say. Did the strongest student in Class 1-A just say that his quirk was cool? That he was cool? "You aren't scared of me?"

Sakura raised her eyebrows. "Why would I be scared of a scrawny purple-haired guy with a big mouth," she lets out a giggle.

Shinso was taken aback from her answer. He really didn't this expect out of her. He thought she was like all the others from her class. Arrogant and conceited.

"Don't you think it's more of a villain quirk?" People has always been afraid of him because of his ability. They had always laughed at him when he said he wanted to be a hero.

Sakura shook her head. "Not at all. I think you're gonna go really far as a hero with that quirk."

"Why are you complimenting me after I made fun of you in front of all those people." Shinso honestly wasn't used to people complimenting his quirk and the fact that she was, of all people, made him skeptical.

Sakura just shrugged. "I'm just saying the truth. And your weak insults didn't really bother me. It's not the first time someone has underestimated me," she says with a smirk. People have always made fun of her size, but they would immediately shut down after she would beat their asses.

Suddenly, Shinso felt bad about what he had said and acted earlier. "Sorry about what I said about you not looking strong. I was clearly wrong."

Sakura let out her hand. "You're all forgiven. Let's just start new. I'm Sakura," she smiled friendly at him.

Shinso gladly shook her hand. "Shinso Hitoshi but just call me Shinso."

Then they were interrupted my Present Mic's voice. "Alright time for the second match to begin!"

Sakura jerks to the head to the screen and sees it was Sero and Todoroki's match.

"He likes to give his opponents a sticky time. Give it up for Hanta Sero!"

Shinso looked at Sakura. "Aren't you going to sit with your class? They are probably going to think it's weird that you're sitting with a guy from General Studies."

Sakura felt a little annoyed from his stupid sentence. "Shinso, just because we are in different classes, doesn't mean we are enemies," she plainly stated.

Shinso suddenly felt embarrassed. He really was wrong about her. She was so down-to-earth and actually pretty cool.

"And his opponent has done a lot of crazy stuff today! Give it up for Todoroki Shoto!"

Sakura looked down at the stadium and saw Todoroki walking up to the battle square. She noticed how calm and serious he looked. 'I wonder how he's going to fight in this match. He's probably still angry.'

Shinso glanced at Sakura and noticed how intently she was staring at the bi-colored boy. 'Maybe they are close friends?'

"Alright you know the rules! Begin!"

Sero immediately sprung his tape and wrapped it around Todoroki. Then he flung him around the stadium towards the boundary line.

Sakura closely observed Todoroki's expression. 'He's still really calm as he's letting him getting thrown around. What is he planning?'

Then, Sakura felt a chilly wind hit her face. Todoroki sent a out a huge ice barrage that trapped Sero. The ice barrage was so strong that it went up all the up to the top of the stadium. The ice grew towards where Shinso and Sakura were sitting. Shinso jumped up to avoid it, but Sakura just sat there as the ice was just an inch away from her. She didn't even flinch. She tapped on the ice with her finger. 'Yup he's definitely still angry.'

"Sero can you move?" Midnight asked the frozen boy.

"Does it look like I can move?" Sero's teeth were chattering so bad from the ice.

"Sero is immobilized! Todoroki moves onto the next round!"

Shinso was shocked from what just happened. "Jesus. Did that guy really had to overkill it like that?" he commented as he rubbed his arms from the cold.

But Sakura just stayed silent. She watched as Todoroki walked up to Sero and started to melt the ice around him. Sakura studied his face. 'At least he kinda feels bad about it.' Then Sakura touched the ice and summoned her fire and started to melt the ice from her position to all the way to the top in a matter of seconds.

Shinso looked down at the stadium as Todoroki started to walk away. "That guy has some serious anger issues."

"He has his reasons," Sakura softly defended the IcyHot boy.

Shinso studied Sakura's face and realized that she looked almost sad? "Are you friends with that guy or something?"

Sakura let out a sad chuckle. "I'm pretty sure he wouldn't call me that. He pretty much doesn't want anything to do with me."

Shinso frowned. What kind of person would not want to be friends with her? I mean even he thought she was okay. "Did you piss him off or something?" Shinso said with joking smile.

Sakura's head dropped stayed quiet for a little while which made Shinso feel a little guilty. 'Shit, that was the wrong thing to say.'

Finally, the raven haired girl spoke. "I wanted to help him about a personal problem he had. But he said he didn't want any help. He just pushes me away every chance he gets," Sakura says as she still kept her gaze at the stadium.

Shinso didn't know why, but it pissed him off a little hearing this. Maybe it was because that he found Sakura actually really kind and she seemed like a caring person. "You care about him huh?"

Sakura looked at Shinso in surprise from his question. Then she smiled. "Yeah, I do."

Shinso then leaned against the wall and put his hands in his pockets. "Then don't let him let you push away. If you care about him, make sure he knows that. Sometimes you have to break down their walls to get closer to them."

'Break down their walls huh?' Sakura then looked at the ground and smiled. "I gotta admit, Shinso. You give pretty good advice."

Shinso shrugged with his arms. "I have my moments. Now go and talk to that guy. It's obvious you want to."

He was right. She did want to go to talk to Todoroki. And this time she knew exactly what to say to him. She stood up. "Thanks, Shinso. I'm going to go right now." She started walking towards the stairs but she stopped to say one last thing to Shinso.

"And don't listen to those people who think your quirk is similar to a villain's. They are just jealous because they know you're going to be a great hero someday," she smiled at him before she disappeared down the stairs.

Shinso stood there shocked. Then he felt a big smile crept up onto his lips. "Thank you, Sakura. You have no idea how much that means to me," he whispered.

Shinso looked down to the stadium and couldn't help but wish that she had stayed longer. He had really enjoyed her company. He touched his cheeks and realized he was blushing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sakura POV

I walked through the tunnel searching for the bi-colored hair boy. I only had a short amount of time to talk to him before my match starts.

"Come on Todoroki. Where are you?" I mumbled.

Then I saw him. He was about to go into one of the waiting rooms.

"Todoroki!" I yelled as I ran up to him.

He looked at me with the same cold expression. His right side was covered with shards of ice from his match. "I'm Sorry Sakura, but I can't talk right now," he bluntly stated as he opened the door.

But I wasn't going to have any of his excuses. I put my hand over his and shut the door. "I'm getting real sick and tired of your apologies, Todoroki."

I could tell he was annoyed by my action. He was giving me his famous cold stare. "I don't have time for this, Sakura," he hissed.

I glared at him right back. "My match is starting in a few minutes and I spent all my time beforehand to find you. You will make the time, Todoroki," I said sternly.

He looked at me in surprise from my tone. I took a deep breath and looked at him with a softer expression. "Look, I know you're hurting. You can talk to me."

I wasn't going to let him suffer alone anymore. I wanted him to talk to me and let me in. He was my friend and I was not going to let him pretend that he was okay.

"What do you know about me, Sakura?" He snapped back. "What makes you think that I'm hurting? You don't know me. Just because we hung out and talked a few times? Because you th-"

"Because I care about you! Because you're my friend!" I yelled. I was so frustrated from him pushing me away all day today. 'No, I'm not letting him do that again.'

Without even a second thought, I grabbed the collar of his uniform and slammed him to the wall and looked him right in the eye. He looked bewildered from my aggressive action.

"You're my friend and I care so damn much! And I don't want to see my friend suffer," I felt my eyes started to sting. 'Dammit. Don't cry, don't show that you're weak.'

He still looking at me in shock. "No matter how many times you push me away, I'm not going anywhere. I will push back, Todoroki," my voice was stern as I glared at him.

He still didn't say anything. I took that as a sign to keep going. "Earlier today, you said I was nothing to you. That I was just someone you needed to beat."

He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off. "Which I know is bullshit! I know behind that cold expression that you also care." I took a moment to breathe. "When I see you, my heart breaks because I see that you're hurting. And all I want to do is help you, but you won't let me in! So goddamit Todoroki! Just let me in!" I felt my voice crack and something rise in my chest.

He turned his head away. He wouldn't meet my eyes.

"I know that this is about your father and you not using your left side," I softly said.

He looked back at me and I almost shuddered. His eyes were full of hatred and anger. "I hate that man. He is only using me to bypass All Might. That's the only reason why he wants me to use my fire side," he growled.

I took a deep breath and softened my grip on his shirt. "Todoroki, you look at your left side as your father's. That's why you refuse to use it. But you have to accept it as your own side. The more you refuse it, the more you're letting your father win."

He turned his head away once again. "Look at me." He slowly turned to see me. His eyes were now glistening. "You have to learn to accept both sides. It doesn't matter if it came from your father. Because those two sides make who you are." I felt my eyes soften. "And it makes me so sad that you're rejecting it. Because you don't see what I see. Both of sides of you are perfect," I said with a sad smile.

I stared into his heterochromatic eyes. I slowly raise my hand to touch his scar on his left eye. To my surprise, he didn't flinch. He leaned in closer to my touch.

"Get ready for the next match! Can our next two players prepare to enter the stadium!" I heard Present Mic's voice echo though the hallway.

I slowly drop my hand to my side. I had to leave to go to my match. I look at Todoroki one last time and study his expression. He was looking down, but he didn't seem angry anymore. His face was more relaxed and calm.

I slowly turn to start walking toward the entrance. Before I start walking I say one last thing. "I know that you push people away because you want to prove that you're strong. Trust me, I know. I used to do the same thing," I sadly said.

Then I remembered all the good people I met when I finally let my guard down; Izuku, Ochaco, everyone in my class, even Katsuki. I felt a small smile crept up to my lips.

"But sometimes even the strongest people need a little help. That's how you become stronger," I quietly stated.

I left the quiet boy alone as I walked away. As I almost reach the end of the tunnel, I thought about if I had finally broke down Todoroki's walls. Maybe I made things worse, who knows.

I felt the light hit my eyes and heard the roars from the crowd. I spotted Kaminari at the opposite side of the battle field as I climbed up the stairs.

'I did my best to break through his ice. I have something else to focus on.'

I made my way to the top of the cement field. I closed my fists and raised my head high.

'Now, I focus only on winning.'

A/N: holy shit i'm actually getting some reads. that makes me nervous and paranoid about my work lol. pls let me know what you guys think!

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

3.2K 72 8
Sakura Todoroki was blessed with the same quirk as her grandmother Teka Todoroki. When Sakura transfers from Shiketsu High school to U.A she has a ro...
304K 11.8K 93
"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠." ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ "𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐞." ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ In which a confident, popular girl develo...
38.4K 952 72
Moving in Japan alone for her was a nightmare , yes it truly was. Being alone was what scared her the most. She would always blame herself and thinki...
604K 17.7K 38
(Y/N) is a young girl who just wants to be a hero just like everyone else. Her life wasn't easy though. She has always kept to herself and didn't lik...