Agreement Marriage

By Meenajothi

Agreement Marriage, is a wonderful love story between two complex people. Radhika, a next door girl from a mi... More

Introducing Radhika
First meeting
Strange proposal
Reason behind the marriage
Arjun's family
Broken Love
Arjun's temper
Marriage conditions
Family time
Fingers crossed
Wed lock
Author's note
Life after marriage
Radhika's Dream
My Sweet potato
First kiss
Reception
Angel or Devil ???
Author's Note
Couple Dance
A Rainy Night
Head Over Heels
Shattered Dreams
My Mystery Man
First love
Hide & Seek
Love & Care
Dinner Date
Arjun's Misunderstanding
Black Day
Eternal Love
Love confession
Pair of Eyes
Arjun's Misery
Love Confession-2
Hidden Secret
A New Beginning
Arjun's Past
Farewell Trip
A Lost Friend
Author's Note
My soulmate
Good news??
Radhika's Pregnancy
The Bitter Truth
A Revenge Game
A Known Devil
Maya's Secret
The End
The Epilogue
Author's Note
Announcement : Season 2
"Season 2 : THE OCCULT"

Radhika's misery

45.6K 2K 77
By Meenajothi

"Mr. Narayanan you must understand your wife is critical her infection is spreading, if it passes to her heart then we can't help you so we don't have enough time, to save her life we need to do that operation immediately" said doctor.

My father was speechless and weeping silently like a child, doctor continued to say "I know your situation I will try to postpone the operation by treating her for another 48 hours not more than that. Better arrange the money as soon as possible". He patted my father's shoulders and left the place.

By telling this the doctor left the place. Throughout the entire conversation I was with my father. We were completely frozen to see my mother's condition. Silently I whimpered and leaned on my father's shoulder who was lost completely

Really I'm clueless how did I come to hospital after that call from Shanthi I was shattered my legs were too weak to hold up. She said my mother is critical and asked me to come to the hospital without delay. Soon I informed my senior officer and left the office straight away.

My father was there in front of ICU before I reach, he was exhausted and speechless. I understood the situation is more serious than I expected. Then the doctor came out and explained us about mom's health condition and asked us to arrange money for the operation.

Operation amount is not at easy for us within a day we have to arrange 40 lakhs. He said her health is not stable so this operation is very crucial than the previous ones.

I was shattered, Where we will get this money? Who is going to help us? Earlier we spent all our savings to save my mom, now where we will go?

I turned slightly towards my father he is devasted, I think he is also thinking about money. I didn't know how long I sat like that later I realised the surroundings only by brother Varun.

He came running to us and enquired about mom to my father and he too was frightened. He started to cry instantly by seeing him like this I too breakdown. My father consoled us both soon he said he will take care of everything and will arrange money. Right away my father left the hospital.

Now it is 12.30 pm my brother slept on the hospital chair and I'm waiting for my father anxiously. I believe he will arrange money at any cost but still I'm worried because the amount is so big. Meantime the nurse allowed us to see mom only once, I'm unable to see her like this my brother literally shivered because she was unconscious and her body dripped with IV, ventilator and so on. These are all happening only because of me, I was careless that day,why did you save me Amma(mom)? Now what I will do? We need you please come back to us I cried in pain.

Six months before my mom and I went to shop to purchase some groceries after shopping I went out of the shop to make a call and I started to walk nearby, my mom came soon after me. While talking I didn't see the truck behind me but my mother noticed that, and she shouted to save me but I didn't hear her voice. Unexpectedly she pushed me aside and fell into the truck.

When I came to my conscious, I saw my mother in a blood pool and she was unconscious. The lorry ran over her body so her hip and leg part were crushed under that. To save my life she risked her own life nothing is great in this world than mother's love.

My father spent more than 30 lakhs to save my mom because she had 5 surgeries to recover, but doctor said hereafter she can't sit or walk herself someone needs to help her. I cursed myself for her condition. But doctor gave us a hope we can operate her to sit and walk once her inner wounds are all healed completely however it will take some years. There we decided to save money for her treatment unexpectedly she is critical now we need to treat her without any delay.

Next Day...

It is 9'o clock next day morning my father didn't turn up yet. I gave hope to my brother but myself I'm nervous inside. What we will do if he don't get money? I'm breathe less to have this thought. I determined to save my mom at any cost I feel it is my responsibility.

My father returned by noon with a sad face and he was completely exhausted. I asked him he said he was unable to arrange full money now he could arrange only 10 lakhs from his friends and 3 lakhs from the jewels he said. Even though he is ready to sell our flat none is ready to pay the money immediately. He is also ready to apply VRS but the process will take some days and money will be available only after finishing all the government formalities.

This mean we will not get enough money now. I knelt down on the hospital lobby and cried miserably, I need my mom what will I do to save her? I'm only responsible for all her sufferings I want to save her. I cried on my father shoulders he doesn't know the way to convince me he silently wept along with us because now he is also scared that we may loose our mom.

Evening I went to the nearby temple and pray to god to show me some way I never want to give up and I pour all my sorrows to god. Later I sat near the temple pillar leaning on that however I tried I didn't get a way. I approached my friends and tried to get loan from bank nothing was fruitful. I closed my eyes for a while suddenly I heard a something.... I felt cold

A woman was calling her son by his name Arjun, I got a flash he can help and he only can save my mother. My face brightened I thank god he had shown me a right way and got up to meet him.

But why should he help me he is just my employer nothing more.

He is a ruthless businessman if I get money from him he will ask me some favor in return . What he demands is highly impossible for me to do. I don't even think about marrying him even in my worst dreams.

No way I will never do that it is completely unethical. I can't let my virtue down. Let me think some other way god will help me definitely. I will go to hospital now and will discuss with father to arrange money.

I reached hospital in few minute but I was shocked to see my father was collided on the floor and my brother was crying miserably. Straight away I went to them and I shook my father to bring back his senses. Suddenly he jerked and said my mother is very critical she is dying slowly. We need to operate within tomorrow or else she will leave us after that he closed his face with hand and cried.

He continued saying he don't want live if anything happens to her he is useless husband who can't save his wife. I will die with her he screamed. My brother also joined him and and said he will also die with mom. I was stunned to hear their confession I'll never let this all happen. I must do something to save my family suddenly a shiver runs up my spine. I closed my eyes and opened shortly I decided I will do anything to save my family even though it is unethical now it's my turn to save my mother who dared to save my life. I asked them to stay strong and I said I will be back with money.

I have only one choice now its "Arjun"

I will go to Arjun now and I will agree to his conditions only this going to save my family from getting ruined. Without delay I take an auto to my office. Will he accept my decision now? that day I was bit rude to him what if he denies to help me? No let me think positively he will help me sure because he need my help so have courage and be patient. I will convince him in every possible way.

Straight away I checked with reception and asked an appointment to meet him right now. I don't have any idea where he will be now? The receptionist looked at me strangely, but I ignored all that and decided to wait. She informed him about me, he paused for few seconds and then he asked me to come to his cabin. Thank god still he is here I just started to run once she told me to go. By controlling my breathe I knocked his room door and went inside directly I didn't wait for his reply.

Arjun is working with his laptop once I enter he looked up into my eyes and asked " What made you to come during this un-time?"

I gathered all my strength and said "Sir I'm ready to marry you"

He was surprised and moved back on his seat and asked " Why all of a sudden? You said you are not interested".

I said "Sir still I'm not interested but I don't have any option now other than this". He was puzzled to hear me I understood he need an explanation.

I closed my eyes took a deep breath and carefully said all about my mom's condition. I never want to break down in front of him but it happened at lost. Yes I cried in front of this stranger. He listened to me without any interruption and gave me sometime to control myself later he pushed the napkin and water bottle to my side.

I composed myself now and asked him to help me. But he asked me "what made you think that I will help you after your unpleasant behavior".

I low down my head and bit my lower lips then I said " Because you too need my help". He was taken back and chuckled and asked me to sit. He took his mobile phone in his hand and he was about to call someone. By seeing his actions impatiently, I asked him about his decision once again.

He replied carelessly" Don't you want money to pay hospital bills?" First I was confused later I understood what he said immediately I blushed and low down my head. His PA entered into the room, soon he asked him to accompany with me to hospital and to settle all payments there. His PA nodded and looked at me curious, but I never mind him. Arjun signed me to leave I said, "Thank you sir" with trembled voice and tears in my eyes left the room at once. He was silent

To be continued....
-------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!!

I hope you all like this chapter if you are impressed with my work please never mind to post your comments and share your votes.

Your support is the most important thing for me to write further and entertain you. I believe you will continue to encourage me with your votes and comments.

Thank you
Stay safe
Meenakshi Jothi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

468K 22.4K 73
Book 2 of New Beginnings. Rank #1 in general fiction (14/9/23) Rank#6 in romance (21/6/2022) Rank #1 in general fiction (22/9/2021 & 22/7/2022) Rank...
1.4M 51K 77
She is Bubbly, He is Arrogant She is the ray of sunshine, He is full of darkness. This story about an plus size woman and an handsome man. Both are...
278K 17.4K 92
"It's look perfect in you finger" ...... the boy said "but I'm afraid" ...the girl said "buy why , what makes you afraid?"..... "this new relations...
301K 19.2K 46
An Indian arranged marriage love story. Like my first one this one has a new challenge. This girl here is different. Another gleaming image of confi...