๐’๐ž๐š๐ซ๐œ๐ก ๐…๐จ๐ซ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ||...

By lemonshiki

"๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ง๐จ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ... More

Information ๆƒ…ๅ ฑ
Prologue
Escape [Safety Arc Begins]
The Wind Clan
Burning Hair
God's Voice [Safety Arc Ends]
The White Dragon [Dragon Arc Begins]
Memories
The Blue Dragon
His Name
Port Awa
The Green Dragon
Dreaming ๅคข่ทฏ
Courage ๅ‹‡ๆฐ—
The Void
History is Made at Night
Him [Dragon Arc Ends]
Oracle [Palace Arc Ends]
Release [Bandit Arc Begins]
Losing Yourself
Euphoria
Solitude ๅญค็‹ฌ pt 1
Solitude ๅญค็‹ฌ pt 2
1k Special ็‰นๅˆฅ
Natural ๅฝ“ใŸใ‚Šๅ‰
Cloudy Skies
Stars [Bandit Arc Ends]
Rocks [Khai Empire Arc Begins]
Interlude ้–“ๅฅๆ›ฒ
Decisions
Time
Fields ๅˆ†้‡Ž
Interest
Confessions
Midnight
Honor ๅ่ช‰
The End? [Khai Empire Arc Ends]
Our World [Finale]
update

Meeting [Palace Arc Begins]

751 27 3
By lemonshiki

royalty / roi′əl-tē /

A person of royal rank or lineage

•••

I never wore a dress. Never.

Well, except at Port Awa.

Weddings meant dresses. Fancy clothes, like really fancy.

I wouldn't be able to wear a dark grey haori. That's the kind of haori you'd wear at a funeral.

The priests want women to wear red, white, and gold. Men have all the rights in the world.

Today will be the second-to-worse day of my life.

The generals will decide if I'm worthy of becoming queen. I don't want them to say 'yes.' What will my father think when he sees me?

I wait for my father at the gate, he's the first one to enter.

When he sees me, he rushes over and gives me a hug.

"Father, is mother doing alright?" I ask.

"Well, yes. More importantly, where have you been? You didn't come home the night after King Il's death!" My father yells, releasing me.

"I just traveled the country a bit," I reply. It was partly a lie. It was more searching than traveling, if those two words are even the tiniest bit different.

"You should've told us yourself! Mun-deok told us the news instead!" He yells. I laugh nervously and scratch the back of my head. "What are you even doing here?"

"Soo-won told me to come to the meeting." I lie again.

"He's a king now, address him formally." Geun-tae glares at me. I sigh in response.

I walk with my father to the room meetings are held in. We mingle a bit, but the majority of the walk is silent.

Father sits down, I just lean against one of the pillars.

Father was the first to arrive, then Soo-jin,
Joon-gi, and finally the new General, Tae-woo.

Soo-won steps into the huge room and clasps his hands together. "Right! Let's begin the meeting."

Father sighs at his bubbly attitude and
Tae-woo rolls his eyes.

"I heard rumors about Yang Keum-ji... apparently he was the cause of human trafficking. Although, he was killed by an anonymous woman." Soo-won starts. I smirk.

Jokes on you, I killed him. You're standing in front of a monster!

"Alright, thanks for the news about my tribe, but move onto the important information," Father says. Gang Soo-jin sighs and sips the matcha tea in front of him. "And why is she here?" Father points at me even though I'd answered his questions earlier. The other generals look at me with surprise.

"I have some important news..." Soo-won looks at me. "I have decided on who will become queen."

Joo-doh looks at me in confusion. Advisor
Kye-sook stares at me suspiciously, even though he was with us on the night Soo-won said he wanted to marry me.

The other generals gasp in surprise. Their king has decided on his heir!

"I've chosen Lee Himari of the Earth Tribe. Are there any objections?" He asks.

"So that's why she's here! I'm her father! You should ask me about it first!" Father yells, even though he's never treated me like a kid.

"Are there any objections?" Soo-won repeats, this time slowly. The room is silent.

No.

I'm going to become queen unless someone objects.

"I approve, if Himari becomes queen." General Joon-gi says. That's expected. He knows me well, his daughter knows me well.

"I approve as well." Tae-woo nods his head.

"If Lady Himari becomes queen, I will pledge my full support." General Soo-jin agrees. I clench my fists in rage.

Everyone looks at General Geun-tae, who's glaring at Soo-won.

"I..." the General sighs. The child he adopted and raised to become General was now becoming queen. Was he willing to let this happen? How much would he lose if he accepted? The man stares at his tea. "I approve."

No.

Nonononononono!

I can't become queen.

I shouldn't become queen.

Soo-won places a hand on my shoulder and smiles at me. I obviously fake a smile in return.

"Then Himari and I will wed in two days. We will see each other then." Soo-won says. Everyone stands up and excuses themselves from the room, whispering sentences I couldn't hear.

I stare at my feet, wondering what will happen next.

I never wanted this.

I wanted Yona to marry Soo-won, then Hak and I could protect them for the rest of our lives. I wanted to become a General.

But fate had other plans for me.

Fate had to ruin everything.

Soo-won had to ruin everything.

The man I shouldn't be with stares at me.

"It's finally going to happen, Himari." Soo-won smiles.

I look at Joo-doh and Kye-sook. They listen to our conversation.

I fidget with the folds of my haori. "You wanted this," I say. "You wanted this to happen."

Joo-doh's eyes widen.

"Your majesty, you wanted her to..." Joo-doh starts, but Soo-won cuts him off.

"Maybe I did. But in the end, she agreed to my offer, the generals also agreed to her becoming queen. We cannot turn back time now." Soo-won replies.

"But maybe we should..."

"General Joo-doh, it's fine," I say. My smile is broken, everyone can tell. "I'll be on my way now."

I make my way out of the room and walk towards the gardens, Yona's favorite place to be. I lean on the railing, admiring the variety of flowers. They were all unique.

Once a tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream.

I feel nervous. What will happen once I become queen?

Why am I trying to fall in love with the man I hate?

I've never wanted this to happen.

I wonder if Hak and Yona are wondering where I am.

I wonder if Jae-ha is flirting right now.

I wonder if Shin-Ah is shoving food down his throat as if it's his last meal.

I wonder if Kija is screaming because of his fear of bugs.

I wonder if I'll ever meet the Yellow Dragon.

I wonder if I will become the Orange Dragon Warrior.

I wonder so many things. If only I could find out the answers now.

Soo-won sees me staring at the garden and walks over to me.

"Go away..." I mumble.

"Himari, I have two days to make you fall in love with me. I'll be spending as much time with you as I can." Soo-won says. I sigh in response.

"I...I'm going to train." I finally say, wiping a few tears off my face. Soo-won watches me walk away, a look of concern in his eyes. He knows he messed up.

•••

I pick up the short sword I've carried for months. It wasn't as shiny as before, but it was fine. It was just a tool, a weapon to defend myself.

I look at the stone brick wall surrounding the palace.

Soon, very soon, I'll find a way to escape. I will see Hak and Yona again.

By the time the sun was setting, the sky was painted an array of pink, orange, and yellow.

Everything was beautiful at the palace, although I still preferred my life in the forest more. Yoon's cooking was much better than the food at the palace. I miss his delicious food.

I wonder if they've found the Yellow Dragon yet...

I stare at the ceiling before naturally shutting my eyes.

•••

Confusion.

Confusion.

Wonder.

•••

How often must I wake up in the void?

The Orange Dragon stares down at me. Should I feel scared?

"Why did you force me to come here? What do you not understand about 'I don't need your power?'" I ask.

'I'd like you to reconsider your choices,' The dragon replies.

Seriously...

"Will I die early if I accept?" I question.

'Your life will shorten, however you'll also gain a wonderful power,' the dragon replies.

"Alright, I'm not dying early if I can gain power by myself," I say, fiddling with the folds on my haori.

'Don't you hate this castle? Don't you want to leave? Are you really going to let Soo-won marry you?'

The dragon is right. I do hate this castle. I do want to leave. But I'm going to let Soo-won marry me. What other choices do I have?

I could run, but I'll become a Wanted criminal, unless I fake my death.

Fake my death...

That's it! I'll fake my death!

"Orange Dragon, please let me leave the void." I bow with a smirk on my face.

'Why?' The Orange Dragon asks. Why do I need to tell this mythical beast?

"You'll find out if you let me leave." I smile innocently.

I hear the dragon sigh, but it fades away.

And my amber eyes open.

•••

I don't waste any time.

I rip out a piece of paper from the book next to my bed and sigh.

I need ink to write. How am I supposed to get ink?

I suppose I could ask Soo-won, but would he be suspicious? It might be better to just buy ink from the palace town... but then again, I shouldn't let myself be seen before I fake my death.

I could write with my blood, but that's just straight out creepy. Even though it's not the ideal option, I should just ask Soo-won for ink.

I force a straight mouth onto my face and slowly make my way towards Soo-won's room, which isn't too far away.

"Soo-won? Are you here?" I ask.

"Himari? Come in." He answers. I take a deep breath and slowly open the shōji. "Is there something you need? It's pretty late."

"Do you happen to have ink or a pen I could use?" I question.

"What for?" Soo-won questions, staring at me suspiciously.

"Notes." I quickly make up an answer. "I need to take some notes on something."

Soo-won sighs and passes me a pen that was on top of a book. "Use this."

"Thank you," I smile and walk back to my room.

That was easier than I expected... although, I almost got caught.

•••

I sigh and stare at my piece of paper.

How do I write a note saying I faked my death?

How does someone die?

Murder?

Kidnapping?

Suicide?

That's it! I'll write a suicide note!

I sigh and begin to write a convincing note, then I mumble my sentences, making sure it's as believable as possible.

If you're reading this, I'm probably dead, or close to death.

I can't live another day with this fear, this pain. To cope with this pain, I've committed suicide. I apologize for having to tell you I committed suicide this way. I hope we meet again in the afterlife.

-Himari

Are my sentences believable? They have to be if I want to fake my death.

I fold up the note and leave it on my pillow. Then, I pick up my sword and attach it to my back, just for convenience. Then, I quickly run out of the room and to the gate.

Several guards stand next to the gate, protecting the castle from intruders.

If I've fled the palace one, I can flee it again.

The guards see me and straighten their backs, not noticing that all of my belongings were on me.

"Himari, I had a feeling you were leaving." A voice behind me says. I turn around to meet sea-green eyes. My eyes widen in surprise, but a smirk quickly takes over my face.

"Did you already read my note?" I ask.

"Of course I did. You were acting suspicious so I followed you." The king replies.

How did I not sense him?

I watch him slowly make his way over to me. His finger grazes the skin next to my right eye. I tense up at his action.

"Are you really committing suicide?" He asks.

"I made up my mind. You can't stop me." I reply, turning around and walking towards the gate.

"Guards. Stop her." Soo-won's gaze darkens.

I pull out my sword and quickly knock them all out.

What am I thinking? Shouldn't I kill them?

I get lost in my mind for a bit, before returning to reality. I sigh and glare at Soo-won before leaving the palace.

The suicide! I need to fake my death now!

I raise my sword, and stab myself in the stomach, putting enough pressure so the short sword just barely goes through my flesh.

"Himari!" Soo-won rushes to me in shock. He tries to put a hand on my shoulder but I swat his hand away and glare at him.

"This wouldn't have happened if I'd stayed with Hak and Yona," I mumble and pull the sword out. Blood drips from the top of the sword, but the wound itself doesn't hurt as much as I expected. "I put enough pressure on the sword to kill me." I lie.

"Himari, let's get a doctor." Soo-won stares at my blank expression.

"Do you not understand that I want to die?" I glare up at the stars. "I choose where I travel and where I die," I say. I gasp when the pain begins to kick in.

I'll fight through the pain.

"Goodbye, Soo-won." I stare at the river below that leads to the ocean, and I make my way over to the cliff.

Soo-won's eyes widen and he reaches for me, but I fall into the abyss before he can stop me.

I'm sorry.

•••

Words: 2271

Feel free to comment and vote if you liked the chapter ^^

Thank you for 400 reads and almost 500. Halfway to 1000 :)

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 6.6K 97
Akatsuki no Yona One Shots!! Yay! I do not own any of the anime character, the anime, or the manga. I made this book for your entertainment. Please e...
38.1K 1.7K 27
โ๐˜๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ด; ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ป๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๏ฟฝ...
99.5K 3K 25
You y/n, former personal servant to the late princess Yona, are traveling around Kouka kingdom after the death of king-il II and his precious daughte...