Saving Each Other (todoroki x...

By happpykitty88

It's amazing how the smallest smile masks the deepest scars Sakura Asano isn't your typical average teenage... More

A little bit about Sakura (OC)
Remember
You're Not Serious..
Izuku Midoriya
Getting Closer
U.A. Entrance Exam
Congrats!
First Day
Excuse Me?
You Don't Know Me
Friends?
Attack On USJ
Attack on USJ pt 2
Attack on USJ pt 3
Guilt
Sweets and Tears
Rant
Yoga with the Hothead
Declaring War
Obstacle Race
Cavarly Battle
The Truth
Public Humiliation
Because I Care
Save Yourself
Fighter
Who do you want to be?
Shoto
Let Go
Shattered Glass
Let it out, the real way
A lil about me
Save Each Other
Moving Forward
Hero Names
Never run away from a challenge
Challenge Match
Defeated
Attack on Hosu
Face to Face with the Hero Killer
Trauma
Recovery
Night Terrors
Because I'll Be Right Here
I Promise
Planning for Final Exams
Distraction
Don't Blame Yourself
Painkillers
Shopping Gone Wrong
Push it down
Two Heroes - Chapter One
Two Heroes - Chapter Two
Two Heroes - Chapter Three
Hello....
Two Heroes-Chapter Four
Two Heroes - Chapter 5
Two Heroes - Chapter Six
Chapter 54

Burn

11.9K 361 310
By happpykitty88

Sakura POV

With music playing through my headphones, I was taking a stroll near the outside of the stadium. I was now changed comfortably in my gym uniform. I checked the time and sighed.

It was almost time for the final event to begin.

I squatted down on my tippy toes and put my hands to my face. I took a deep breath.

For some reason, I had a weird feeling in my stomach. Like something was going to go wrong.

It's been a long day. 'Just one more event and then it's over.' I told myself as I got up and ignored the soreness in my calves. I headed over to the entrance.

I was walking in one of the tunnels when I ran into Toshi. He was in his All Might form.

"Little Sakura! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!" Toshi tackles me with a hug.

"Hey Toshi," I managed to say while having the air sucked out of me.

He finally let me go. "Are you ready for the final event? It seems like you've been cruising through with ease so far."

I shrugged. "More or less, I'm ready." Then I remembered about Todoroki and Izuku's conversation.

"Well then, I should get going. Young Midoriya's match is going to begin soon," he says while starting to walk away.

"Toshi wait," I spoke out. He turned to face me. 'Should I tell him? I feel like I have to warn him about being more discreet.'

"What is it, Sakura?" He asked worriedly.

I smiled up at him, "I've missed you. You should come over sometime so I can make us dinner sometime so we can catch up."

He smiled, "Sure, that sounds great. Good luck on your fight, kid," he says while ruffling my hair.

I stood there as he started to walk down the hallway. I sighed. 'He has enough to worry about right now. I'll tell him later.'

I made my way to the top of the stands to meet my other classmates. I spotted Ochaco and Iida waving at me to come over. I smiled and made my way over there.

"Hey guys," I greeted them as I took a seat next to the brunette.

"Sakura, are you ready for the final round?" Iida asked.

"Yeah, I guess," I shrugged. I looked over to the stadium where there was now a huge square of cement. It was a battle ring, created by Cementoss, for us to battle. Whoever would push the person out the end of the square, is the winner. The time limit for every battle was thirty minutes.

I felt a pretty strong breeze hit my face. I smiled. 'This weather is just perfect for me to use my wind quirk during this round. I have the advantage of using my wind to push my opponents out or I can use my earth quirk to create barriers for myself to prevent myself getting pushed over. Or I can use my-'

I felt a hand on my arm. "Um Sakura?"

I looked over to see a worried Ochaco. "Hm? What's up?"

"You were quietly muttering to yourself," she stated.

"I was?"

"Yeah, you were," Ochaco giggled. "You sounded like Deku for a second there."

'Oh my god. I'm turning into Izuku...'

"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking about tactics for my match," I rubbed the neck of my back. I was embarrassed that they had caught me pulling an Izuku. "I'm guess I'm just a little nervous."

She looked over to the stadium and nodded. "I'm really nervous too," she looked a little scared.

"Yeah? Who are you going against in the first round?" I asked as I pulled out my water bottle and started drinking.

"Um Ochaco is going against Bakugo.." Iida answered.

I choked on my water. 'She's going against Katsuki?? On the first round?' I looked over and saw Ochaco trembling with fear and she closed her fists so tight, that her knuckles were white.

I looked over to where Katsuki was sitting. He was slouching on his chair and looked bored as ever. But I knew he was focusing on his match. He really was intimidating. 'Katsuki isn't going to go easy on her just because she's a girl.' I gulped nervously.

I put a hand on Ochaco's shoulder, trying to calm her nerves. "Hey, you got this. Just because he's scarier than most, doesn't mean he's invincible. He's just like every other student...... but with much anger problems," I frowned at the last part.

Ochaco's face then turned white. 'Shit, I just made things worse, didn't I?'

"Uraraka! She's going to be sick! I'll go get a bucket!" But before I could tell Iida to calm down too, he already left.

I handed Ochaco my water. "Here, drink this. It'll help," she smiled at me gratefully before she started to drink.

"Okay, Ochaco. The thing with Kats- Bakugo is that he attacks with a lot of power." I explained as my nervous friend nodded. "But his attacks are only powerful when it's close-to-close combat. If you can keep your distance and dodge his attacks, there will be a opening in his defense. And that's when you go for your attack," I smirked at her.

She closed her eyes as she processed the information I gave her. Then she nodded and raised her fist, a fierce expression now on her face. "Thanks Sakura. That helped me a lot. I want to give it my all against him. I'm not backing down without giving him a good fight!"

I smiled at my adorable friend. "Atta girl, go show him who's boss," I nudged her with my shoulder.

"Are you going to go see Izuku before his match? He's going first and he seemed really nervous," Ochaco said.

I frowned as I remembered who he was going against. He was going against that Shinso kid. I nodded and got up from my seat. "Yeah. I'm going to go find him right now. I'll see you in a bit!" I waved as I started running down the stairs.

I can only imagine what Izuku was feeling right now. He was probably freaking out about who he was going against. Especially after what Ojiro said about him not remembering a single things during the the second round.

I walked down the dark corridors to find the waiting room for the players. I was about to turn a corner until I bumped into someone.

"Oof. Sorry about that," I looked up to see who I ran into and saw a certain red-white hair boy.

"It's fine," he bluntly states as he turns to leave.

"Wait Todoroki," my mouth automatically said.

To my surprise, he actually stopped. "What, Sakura?" he looked annoyed. 'Okaay.'

I stared at his pretty eyes. He was trying to glare at me but it was faltering. "I wanted to talk to you about what happened at the Cavalry Battle. When you used your fire," I softly said.

"What about it," he hissed.

"I've never seen you use it ever until that one time. Why don't you use it?" I slightly tilted my head.

He looked at the ground and didn't answer. I sighed. "Is it because of your father, Endeavor?"

He flinched at the sound of his father's hero name. "I don't use it because I despise that scum. I plan to win only using my right side," his voice was now almost angry.

I knew I was stepping on thin ice here, but I didn't care. I told myself I would save my friend. And that's what I planned to do. "You're only letting him win more by not using that side and making it yours," I boldly stated.

Then he turned to me. His eyes were full of hate and anger. "If you think it's that easy then why don't use your quirk that you swore to never use?" He spat.

I froze in shock. I saw that there was a surprised face on Todoroki, like he was shocked himself from saying those words.

I closed my fists and looked at the ground. "T-that's not s-same and you kn-'

"Just mind your own business, Sakura," He cut me off. He turned and started to walk away, "Now, I'm sorry but I have to go prepare for my match."

I stood there as he walked away. I was too shocked to do anything. Was he right? Was I acting like some kind of hypocrite?

'No. A person's blood was on my hands. I had literally taken her life. It wasn't my quirk and it never will.

I opened my hands and realized that I had dug my fingernails so deep into my skins, that my palm was now bleeding. I took a deep breath. 'He didn't mean it. He is just angry with me. But how do I make you let me in?'

I was lost in my thoughts as I started to walk. Suddenly, I collided into someone again. But this time the force was stronger.

"Watch where you're going," I muttered and didn't even bother to see who it was.

"Excuse me?" I heard a deep and rough voice say.

I slowly turned my head around and saw it was a tall man that had small flames coming from his arms, shoulders, and parts of his face. It was Todoroki's father, Endeavor. 'Ah shit.'

"Oh, it's you. Sakura Asano," He said amusingly. I flinched from my whole name.

"So I finally get to speak with you," he crossed his arms. His expression was so cold and stern. But it wasn't like Todoroki's. No, this man was much more scary.

But I didn't show it. "What is that supposed to mean?" I raised my eyebrows.

Endeavor let out a small chuckle. But it was like he was taunting me. "You sure have your mother's fierce attitude," he said.

My ears perked up from the mention of my mother. "What?"

"Oh, I knew both of your parents. I went to U.A. with them. Both very powerful. Such a shame about what happened to them," he made a 'tsk' sound as he shook his head.

I closed my fists as I felt a pain in my heart. 'The nerve on this guy..'

"Anyways, I just wanted to talk to you that you are my son's greatest rival. And I will make sure of it that he will take you down and become number one," he said arrogantly.

"He's not some object that you can throw around," I spat as I glared at him. "He's a human being that can make his own decisions. He doesn't have to listen to someone like you."

His glare was frightening, but I didn't falter. Instead, I stared right into his cold eyes. "What did you say?" he growled.

I crossed my arms, "You heard me."

"And what do you know about my son?"

I took a step forward which seemed to surprise him. "I know that's he nothing like you and never will be. No matter how hard you try, Todoroki is five times the man than you are." I then felt a smile reach my lips. "He's going to be a incredible hero one day. But it won't be because of you. He's going to achieve that all by his own."

He glowered down at me. "How dare you talk to me like that. Do you even know who you are talking to you little brat?"

I laughed. "Oh I know who I'm talking to, Mr. Number Two Hero," I said as I smiled at him. I knew he hated being reminded of that he was a failure to beating All Might.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "You should watch yourself, little girl."

I raised my eyebrows, "Or what? Are you going to hit me?"

"Alright, it's time for the first match to begin!" Present Mic's voice boomed through the speaker.

'Dammit! I missed my chance to talk to Izuku before his match.'

"Now if you will excuse me, I have to go watch my friend now. I missed my chance to talk to him since I was wasting my time talking to you, asshole," I grumbled.

I turned to walk away from him, but he grabbed my arm. I felt a stinging pain on the part where he had his hand wrapped. I turned to see Endeavor with a much angry expression.

"You should show more respect to your elders, Sakura Asano," he growled.

I glared at him and jerked my arm away from his grasp. He stumbled in surprise from my sudden movement. "I'll show respect to whom the respect is due. And I don't have respect for you at all, Endeavor."

I started to walk away down the hall until his voice spoke up. 

"You know, I know everything about you. Your backstory is rather tragic, with your parents getting murdered right in front of your eyes and getting experimented on to become a hero killing machine. Your parents would be so disappointed on how you turned out."

I stopped dead in my tracks. 'What the fuck did this prick just say to me.'

I slowly turned my head to see that bastard actually smiling. Like what he said was amusing to him.

"You don't know anything about me. I am nothing like those villains. And you have no right to talk about my parents," I hissed.

Then he slowly turned around himself. "We will see about that," he waved his hand as to dismiss me as he walked away.

I punched the wall in frustration. 'That flaming bastard!' I felt my eyes sting from the pain. I looked at my knuckles and saw that they were red from the impact. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

'Don't let him get to your head. Focus on more important things.'

I collected myself and walked towards the door that led to the spectator area. I had to go cheer on my friend. I suddenly felt guilty because I hadn't even went to go talk to Izuku before his match. 'Great, I'm a terrible friend and had managed to piss off two Todoroki's in less than 15 minutes. Good job, Sakura.'

I spotted Ochaco and Iida and headed over to them.

"Hey guys," I tried to sound perky.

"Sakura! What happened to your arm?" Ochaco asked worriedly as she pointed to my right arm.

I looked down and saw that my arm had a burn mark. It was bright red and the top layer of skin was totally burnt off, exposing the second layer.

'That asshole.'

"Oh this? It was just an accident," I said nonchalantly and waving it off.

"Are you sure? It looks pretty painful," Ochaco was now carefully grabbing my arm and observing it.

I smiled at her motion. She was so caring.

"Sakura! You must get that checked out before it gets infected!" Iida exclaimed as he chopped the air with his hand.

I giggled from his behavior. "It's fine, really. Besides, I don't want to miss Izuku's match."

"They are about to begin any second," Ochaco said as she carefully put my arm down. "I wonder how his match is going to go."

I nodded. I couldn't help but feel nervous for Izuku.

"I told him not to respond to any of the guy's questions or statements."

The three of us looked up and saw Ojiro standing next to us. He was looking nervously at the stadium.

"Not to respond?" Ochaco questioned.

Ojiro sat next to me. "Yeah. When we were choosing teams for the Cavalry Battle, I answered one of his questions and then suddenly I lost all control of my body."

My eyes widened at this. I remembered how Shinso had asked me to join his team. "So his quirk only works if you respond back to him," I observed.

Ojiro nervously nodded. "I think so, yeah."

"Audience. The finals that you've all been waiting for are finally starting!" Present Mic's voice suddenly boomed that made me jump.

"Match number one! Even though he's done well, but what's with that face?!"

I looked over to the screen and started to laugh. Izuku's face looked ridiculous.

"From the hero course, it's Izuku Midoriya!"

I looked down and saw that he looked confident. 'Okay. Maybe he won't have any trouble with this match.'

"Go Deku!!" Ochaco jumped up as she cheered for our green-haired friend. I smiled at her adorable behavior. 'They would make a cute couple.'

"His opponent hasn't done anything to stand out yet! From the general studies, it's Hitoshi Shinso!"

"The rules are simple! Force your opponent out of bounds, or immobilize them! You can also win if your opponent surrenders!"

I gripped the sides of my chair. 'Come on Izuku! Just don't respond to him.'

"Start!"

The match begun but they both didn't do anything. It seemed like Shinso was saying something to Izuku but I couldn't make it out.

Then I saw Izuku angrily walk up to Shinso and yell "What did you say!"

He then completely froze.

I slapped my face. 'That idiot!'

I wasn't the only one upset. Ojiro stood up and put his hands on his head. "I went through the trouble of warning him, too!"

"Hey, hey, what's the matter?! Liven things up!" Present Mic loudly complained.

Izuku was completely still. It was like he was a lifeless body.

Then he slowly turned around and stared walking to the end of the boundary. 'No, no, no Snap out of it!'

He was getting close to the end. A couple of more steps and he was out.

I stood up and gripped onto the railing in front of me. "IZUKU! SNAP OUT OF IT!" My voice desperately yelled.

Then I lost sight of the stadium. My vision was now suddenly filled a tunnel of prism colors. I saw a group of shadow-like people with glowing yellow eyes at the end of the tunnel. Then, I was engulfed with colors and my whole body was tingling. 'W-what the hell is this?!'

I snapped out of it when a strong wind hit me. I gripped onto the railing harder to prevent me from flying away. I blinked and saw I was back at the stadium. I was heavily breathing.

I looked down and saw Izuku was out of Shinso's mind-control. Then he started to sprint towards Shinso and began to push him towards the ledge. Shinso fought back by throwing a punch at Izuku's face. Izuku then dodged his second punch and grabbed his arm and flung him over the boundary line.

Midnight then raised her arm. "Shinso is out of bounds! Midoriya advances to round two!"

The stadium exploded with cheers. I let out a breath of relief and plopped down on my seat. My mind was still recovering from what just happened.

'What the hell was that. It felt like I was in a whole different dimension. And those people..."

"Yay! Deku did it!" Ochaco jumped in joy.

I looked down to Izuku who was now talking to Shinso. 'Could it be possible that it was Izuku's doing? He used his One for All to create that gust of wind to get out of the mind-control but why would I have been connected to it?'

I buried my head in my hands. My head was about to explode from all these questions. God, this was such a long day.

"We are going to check up on Deku and congratulate him before the next match begins," Ochaco spoke. "Do you wanna come, Sakura?"

I raised my head. "No, I'll join you guys later."

"Okay! But the next match is supposed to be exciting!"

I raised my eyebrows. "Yeah? Who's next?"

Ochaco smiled nervously. "It's Sero and Todoroki."

I just nodded at her answer.

"Aren't you going to go talk to Todoroki before his match?" Ochaco asked sweetly.

I shook my head. "I'm pretty sure Todoroki is completely done with me at this point." 'I had really messed up by pissing him off. After our last conversation, I'm not sure what both of us know what to say to each other.'

"I'm sure that's not true. Todoroki may act cold and distant most of the time, but you were the only one who actually managed to get close to him. That means something," Ochaco pointed out.

"Yeah maybe," I replied. I wanted to help him. But I just didn't know how when he's always mad at me. I feel like I was just annoying him all the time lately.

"Well, we will see you later!" Ochaco waved as she left with Iida.

I leaned back on the chair as I saw the workers prepare for the next match.

'Should I go wish Todoroki good luck before his match? Or should I just leave him alone?'

I let out a frustrated grunt and got up from my chair.

"I need a walk," I muttered to myself.

A/N: Lol the conversation between Sakura and Endeavor was fun to write. And I decided to spice up the story with Sakura seeing what Izuku saw since they both have One for All

Next: Sakura makes a new friend and she finally talks to Todoroki.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464K 15.1K 50
"𝙒𝙝𝙮 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙧𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜?" Y/N L/N didn't have a very happy childhood. A catastrophic incident left her in the streets, and she ended up se...
24.4K 494 23
Y/n Aizawa. The hidden daughter of Shota Aizawa. She's been homeschooled all of her life but when she told her dad that she wanted to become a hero...
742K 27.1K 31
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...
2.8M 98.5K 161
"...You can't go through life on your own, just like a hero can't always save the day on their own. Sometimes, they need a bit of help from their fri...