In The Alpha's Basement

By SFiguess

Raven was just a young girl when the unthinkable happened. There she was, sitting on a rock in the sunny fore... More

In The Alpha's Basement
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 12

19.4K 515 67
By SFiguess

"I'm a what?" I asked, confused. I was a werewolf, and nothing more. I had no clue what my parent's were talking about. They sounded a bit crazy to me.

"An Ayrle Phoenix," Mom repeated.

"What's that?" 

She sighed. "This is going to sound really unbelievable at first. But you need to listen to what we're going to tell you,"

"I... Okay?" I replied. 

"Have you noticed anything weird happening to you? Anything that you couldn't explain?" My dad spoke up. I relayed the past weeks in my mind, and I noticed several "weird things". For one, there was Julian, who I think is totally possessed by something. Second was that dream with the lady.

"I've had this weird dream. I can't- I can't really explain it properly. And the man who took me... he was acting odd," I told her. Mainly, I was eager to know what the hell an Ayrle Phoenix was.

My mother smiled warmly. "The dream's are the first signs!" She said laughed, looked at my father. They smiled at each other.

"First signs to what?" I snapped. I was getting beyond irritated. I wish they could just hurry up and tell me without wasting time. I needed to know badly.

"To becoming an Ayrle Phoenix," She said.

"What is an Ayrle Phoenix mom! Tell me!" I yelled.

My dad looked at me, ignoring that I just yelled at his mate. "They're born every two hundred years. They're meant to fix something bad in the world-. You're the Ayrle Phoenix, Raven. You're very important to the werewolf world,"

"H-How do you know I'm this A-Ayrle Phoenix?" I asked. Oh god, this is unreal. How could I be somebody who is supposed to 'fix something in the world' when I can't even fix myself. Sure I had one weird dream, but that doens't mean I'm an Ayrle Phoenix.

"When you were gone, Alpha Ben had some specialized pack members look in your room. To find any clue to where you were taken. We unfortunately couldn't find anything to help us find you- but we found something else. There was a mark - made of gold - forming on the ceiling of your room. It was half way finished forming. A month after you were gone, the mark was fully formed. Raven, it was the mark of and Ayrle Phoenix,"

"So what! Somebody could have placed it there! It doesn't mean anything-" 

"Nobody could have. We had the whole house guarded! Also, when we moved to the pack house when I became Alpha, the mark followed us. Look at the ceiling Raven," My mother ordered.

It was there, in the living room ceiling.

The mark was made of gold, just as my parent's had described it. It wasn't that big, meaning it didn't span across the whole ceiling. It was a line. On both sides of the line, left and right, there was one swirl. In the middle of the mark there were two parallel lines. I'll admit the mark was beautiful. I wonder why I didn't notice it before when I came in the room.

"How do you know its the mark of an Ayrle Phoenix?" I asked, with my eyes still widened with shocked.

"The mark is in our history books honey," My mother said, holding my hand.

"I..." 

"I know, it's overwhelming. Your father and I were so shocked when we found out," She said, but I hardly acknowledged her words.

I couldn't believe it. Not only was I a damn werewolf, but an Ayrle Phoenix. Did this mean I was a hybrid? I decided to ask my father.

"Yes, you're a hybrid of a werewolf and a phoenix. Like a were-phoenix. Except the correct term is Ayrle Phoenix," He told me. I was astoinished. This couldn't be real... 

I started wondering things about the Ayrle Phoenix. If werewolves had enhanced senses and abilities, what did Ayrle Phoenix's have? I asked my parents.

My mother spoke. "Your in transition Raven. Soon you'll be able to do tons of things! I'm not sure exactly what, since the powers change with every Ayrle Phoenix that comes. I know you'll be able to make fire, with practice. You'll be able to enter the dreams of anyone, and even alter them. Sometimes when you're in trouble, your body senses it. When your sleeping, your body can transport itself to the people to are causing you harm, you can listen to their conversations and they won't even know you're there,"

It sounded so amazing.

Wait- I think the whole dream thing happened, with the lady. Had I unintentionally transported myself to the lady's home while I was sleeping? I had listened and saw what she was doing. It sounded exactly like what my mom described. There was no other explanation.

Maybe I was an Ayrle Phoenix.

But it still didn't tell me why I was kidnapped.

"Alright so maybe I am an Ayrle Phoenix. It doesn't explain why a man kidnapped me!" I said. Maybe Julian and that woman wanted to keep me for themselves. Maybe.

My parent's got a look in their eyes. A look that said 'Here comes the hardest part". I patiently waited for them to speak. I felt like an inferno was burning inside me. I was anxious to know. The question was haunting me from day one.

"A lot has changed Raven. Ever since you were gone," My mother said, frowning down at the ground. I didn't know what she meant. Sure things change in 3 years, but what did it have to do with me?

"The werewolf world got a queen," My father told me, frowning just like my mother.

"A queen?" I exclaimed. I was shocked. Why in the world would we need a queen when we had Alpha's? It made absolutely no sense. Having a queen was so, so stupid!

"Everybody thought we needed a queen. We voted Celia Treasman. It was the worst mistake that anybody's made. She horrible, Raven. She kills wolves without reason, and when I say wolves, I mean hundreds of them. Anyone who goes against her dies, not imprisoned, she executes them. Her rules are atrocious," My father explains. His green eyes look extremely sad, and I wonder if Celia Treasman had personally done something to him. 

"And nobody is doing anything about it?" I questioned.

"We can't. She's too powerful. Celia's a hybrid - like you - she's a werewolf and a witch," My mother says. "She's scary, Raven,"

"I understand but... what does this information have to do with me?"

My parent's eyes start to water. "She's the one who plotted your kidnapping,"  

The lady in my dreams. She was Celia Treasman, she did everything.

I was too shocked to speak.

"She ordered your mate to kidnap you and keep you hostage. I cannot believe he agreed though," My mother said.

"About that..." I said, hesitantly. I didn't know how to say it. "I think she did a spell. I think she made Julian - my mate - get possessed. Then she ordered my possessed mate to kidnap me. I don't think it was Julian at all. Just somebody who was in his body," I explained, hoping that they would believe me. It wasn't that crazy or far fetched right?

My mother furrowed her eyebrows. "Why would you think that?" She asked. My father had his mouth in a thin line, his eyebrows were furrowed to.

"Sometimes Julian - the real Julian - would take control of his body and he would start apologizing for... uh-"

"For hurting you?" My mother asked.

My head snapped up. "How did you know he hurt me?" I asked.

"I see the bruises you tried to cover up sweetie. We both knew from the start that when you were kidnapped, you would be abused. I'm sorry it happened to you Raven, your father and I both wish we could have stopped it somehow," She said, pulling me into a hug. I buried my face in her neck and breathed deeply.

"It's okay now, mom. I'm back and I won't be hurt like that again," I said, smiling. She ran her hands through my hair.

I went to sit back on the chair. "As I was saying. He started apologizing when he took control of his body. That was one sign that Julian wasn't actually Julian. Oh and! The queen once visited the pack house. And I think she was there to make the possession spell stronger, since it was wavering," I explained.

"You're probably right Raven. Besides, how could a werewolf do that to his mate? He had to be possessed. I'll look into it more," My father told me. I smiled at him.

"Since now you know what Queen Celia has done, you should know why she did it," My mother said.

My heart beat loudly with anticipation. It was happening, I would finally know. I braced myself.

"Like we've mentioned before, an Ayrle Phoenix has the duty of making our world pure again. There's so much evil in the world that you don't know of, Raven. There's so much you can help with, there's so much you can fix. Celia Treasman is the start of it all. She is what's wrong with this world. Raven, you're supposed to overthrow her. I don't know how she did it, but she found out you were an Ayrle Phoenix before anybody else, so she planned to kidnap you. She knew from the start that one day you would overthrow her. She had your mate Julian torture you. If you were mentally, physically, and emotionally damaged all the time, you wouldn't be able to transition into an Ayrle Phoenix. If you weren't an Ayrle Phoenix, she would keep on being Queen and would never be overthrown. It was a win-win situation for her,"

As I listened to my father, my head started spinning. And before I knew it, I was unconscious on the floor.

I was in those same hallways again. I couldn't believe it. I was having those odd dreams again, this was the second one. It was so unreal. Everything looked the same, and I knew I was in the Queen's home. 

This time there were no people around, so I couldn't know for sure if I was invisible or not. I just had to go with it. 

I remembered the big throne room was up ahead, at the end of the long hallway. I could see it form where I was standing. I also noticed yelling coming from inside the room. People were arguing.

My blood ran cold when I realized it was Queen Celia and Julian who were arguing. I could recognize their voices. Fear crept in my heart and I wanted to run away. But I had to know what they were talking about.

I inched closer to the door. With every second that passed I prayed the Queen wouldn't sense me in the room, like she did last time.

And then I was there. I stepped through the door and came inside the room. Nothing had changed.  There were still deep blue marble floors, green hanging curtains on the large windows, and the throne with blue and pink flowers growing out of it.

I felt the color drain out of my face when I saw Julian. I tried calming myself down. He can't touch me, I told myself. He will never get a chance to touch me. 

On the table was a crystal ball. And I was so thankful that they weren't spying on me because then they would know I had fainted, and I could possibly be watching them right now.

I came closer, and just stood there listening to what they were saying.  I had to admit, it was so fun to be invisible. 

"I don't know what the hell to do!" Julian yelled at the Queen.

"Think of something you idiot!" She screamed back, her face red with anger.

"Give me time- I'll think of something," He pleaded.

"You better hurry up, what if she comes knocking at my door the next day, coming to kill me!" She yells louder. She sighs and puts her hand in her head.

"She doesn't know how to control her powers yet, I'm sure of it. You have time Celia," Julian told her.

Suddenly her head snapped up. Looking at where I was standing. Oh god, what do I do now! She knows I'm here. I started backing away. I needed to run.

"Julian! She's here," Celia told him, wearing a sickly smile. 

He looked to where Celia was staring. The side of his mouth twitched into a menacing smirk. "Is she now?" 

"I feel her," She said said, getting up from her chair.

That was my cue.

I started running.

"Aw, don't go away yet! I'm sure Julian want's to talk to you!" She exclaimed, stopping me right in my tracks. I should go away. I didn't want to hear what Julian had to say. But for some reason, I stayed planted.

"Leave us alone Celia, I'd like to talk to her alone," He said, still having the intimidating smirk on his face. 

"Alright," She said. "Have fun," She laughed. She walked out a door that was in the room. 

"So I guess you know what you are Raven. Your eager little heart would've asked your parent's already," 

I didn't reply, it wans't like he would hear me anyways.

All of a sudden, he looked furious. His face was contorted and he looked like he wanted to strangle me with his bare hands. I'd seen that look numerous times, and it honestly scared the living shit out of me.

I took a step back.

"When I find you, and trust me I will. I'm going to tear you apart. Starting with taking your precious innocence. Your going to fucking die in my hands, Raven. I will find you. And you will suffer. You're done for it. Fucking done."

Tears streamed down my face and my body shook with fear. Hearing him say those words scared me so much. It was like I was in the basement again, and he was taunting me for the billionth time. 

I needed to get away from him.

I started running back to where I came from. I looked back and he was standing, calling me several profanities, and threatening me with my life. 

I ran straight out the doors, and back into real life.

Well, I hope that made sense. If you need me to clear up anything, just ask in the comments! Thank you guys for sticking with the story and reading it <3 Hope you all enjoyed <3 There is a LOT more to come. We're halfway into the plot. 

Also, the mark of an Ayrle Phoenix looks like this:  ~  except with two paralell lines going through it.

When everything is life and death

You may feel like there's nothing left

Instead of love, and trust, and laughter

What you get is happy never after.

                   - Marina & The Diamonds

Check her out, she's my favorite. The songs by the side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 13.9K 24
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...
727K 16.2K 37
19 year old werewolf, Madeline Night has never had life handed to her. When her parents left her at the young age of 7 she learned quickly that she w...
10.1M 326K 49
BOOK 1 OF THE GIFT CHRONICLES ••• When the Moon Goddess created the first werewolves, she split one soul between the two of them, thus creating a per...
17.3M 542K 37
"It's like he's a different breed of werewolf. Something... beyond us." • • • Adrienne Gage has spent her entire life being shunned and punished for...