๐ƒ๐‘๐„๐€๐Œ๐’ ๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐„ ๐“๐‘๐”๏ฟฝ...

By -loonylupins

๐ƒ๐‘๐„๐€๐Œ๐’ ๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐„ ๐“๐‘๐”๐„ | "๐‘จ ๐’…๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’Ž ๐’Š๐’” ๐’‚ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’”๐’‰ ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’‰๐’†๐’‚๐’“๐’• ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’Œ๐’†๐’”" - ๐‘ช๐’Š๐’๐’…๐’†... More

๐’Š๐’๐’•๐’“๐’๐’…๐’–๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’๐’”
๐’…๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’Ž๐’” ๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’•๐’“๐’–๐’†
๐’•๐’˜๐’
๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†
๐’‡๐’๐’–๐’“
๐’‡๐’Š๐’—๐’†
๐’”๐’Š๐’™
๐’”๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’
๐’†๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•
๐’๐’Š๐’๐’†
๐’†๐’‘๐’Š๐’๐’๐’ˆ๐’–๐’†

๐’๐’๐’†

8.9K 322 336
By -loonylupins

━━━━
𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆
━━━━

Arabella or 'Ella' Smith could still remember the
last day she saw her father. It was a cool day in September, her father was off to visit a friend in another town whose daughter had fallen ill. Arabella had prepared her father a basket for his departure, filled with his favorite goods and her favorite baby blue ribbon. When her father left their estate that was just on the outskirts of Mystic Falls, Arabella chased the carriage, holding onto her father's hand tightly. She waved as she finally loosened her grip, allowing him to leave. If she knew that was the last time she would see her father, she wouldn't have ever let go of his hand.

On the day James was supposed to return, Arabella sat on the steps of the home, waiting eagerly to see her father, but he never came. The next morning, they received the news that during nightfall, the carriage had been attacked and James had been killed by a vicious animal deep inside the woods. The estate was given to Arabella's stepmother, Cora until the girl was eighteen. Cora immediately made Arabella her personal maid, giving her a list of tasks to do every day.

Arabella worked alongside Gus, a man her parents had taken in when Gus was just a small boy. The two grew up with one another, practically becoming siblings. Neither minded the work too much, it made sure they kept their distance from Cora. Cora had two daughters; Lottie and Fannie.

Lottie was the kind one. Often offering to help with the chores and loved to go on adventures. Lottie, to much of her mother's dismay, didn't want to live what was seen as a regular life. She despised the thought of marrying a man, having children, and living in the same town her whole life. Lottie wanted to travel, to be free. Cora had no idea that when Lottie turned eighteen, the girl was planning to leave Mystic Falls behind and complete what she saw of as her destiny.

Fannie was the complete opposite of her sister. She wanted to marry the richest man she could find and settle down. The girl was a carbon copy of her mother, which scared Arabella immensely. Fannie often created messes around the home, finding it humorous when Arabella had to trail behind her, gingerly cleaning and picking up the mess. Fannie wanted to live up to every expectation put in place by her mother.

Arabella never let her tricky luck dampen her soul. She continued to be graceful, lively, and energetic. Many in the town saw her as a perfect lady, one that a man would be lucky to have. But Arabella paid money mind to the suitors that greeted her on her weekly trips to town. She was determined to find love as pure and true as her parents.

━━━━

Arabella collected the vegetables from the garden, placing them carefully in the basket she had sat beside her. Wiping the dirt on her blue work dress, she stood up, brushing off any dirt from her body. She used the back of her hand to wipe her forehead where small droplets of sweat had begun to gather, the result of the sunlight glaring down on her ivory skin.

She picked the basket up and entered her home through the back door, walking into the kitchen. The chefs and workers moved quickly about the crowded area, working on dinner. Arabella set the basket down on the table, unpacking the fresh vegetables to be prepared and eaten.

Gus came in from the back door, "Good afternoon Ella."

Arabella nodded at the man she saw as her brother, "How are you, Gus?"

"I am well," Gus looked at the vegetables that laid on the table, "It was a good picking today I presume?"

"The spring season always has the best pickings." Arabella smiled and gestured to them, "You may have a few if you like."

"I appreciate the offer but Cora will not take lightly to that,"

Arabella picked on of the vegetables up off the table, handing it to Gus with a wink, "I won't tell if you don't."

Gus beamed at the girl and picked the food. He patted her on the head before exiting the kitchen. Arabella felt a light tap on her shoulder, turning around to find Abel, one of the women who worked for her stepmother behind her, "Good afternoon Miss. Arabella."

Arabella placed her hand on Abel's shoulder, "I have told you before Abel, you mustn't call me Arabella. My friends call me Ella."

"You my dear are too kind," Abel patted her on the cheek before picking up the vegetables, "Would you like to help us prepare the food?"

"I have to make a run to town to collect fabrics for a dress Cora wants to be made. I can help prepare supper later this evening."

"You will work yourself to death dear."

"Is Cora around?"

Abel shook her head, "She and a few other ladies are taking part in some new leisure activities. I hear they're from Europe." Abel's eyes twinkled at the thought of European activity, something about the thought was so elegant.

Arabella only smiled as she walked out of the home. She pulled her apron off and set it on the porch. Grabbing her basket, she walked down the steps of the home, onto the path that led to town. Arabella didn't spend too much time in the town, she didn't know many people but most of them knew of her father. The walk took a decent amount of time seeing as Arabella's estate was located on the very outskirts of Mystic Falls but Arabella did not mind.

She gave small nods to the people she walked by, making sure she was on the side of the path to avoid carriages. Every time a horse-drawn carriage went by her, her eyes twinkled with amazement, something was just so majestic about the animal. Arabella soon found herself in town, walking towards Cora's favorite fabric shop.

The owner grinned at the sight of Arabella coming into the shop, "Miss. Arabella! What can I do for you today?"

"Good afternoon Mr. Harris. Cora has sent me into town to collect the order of her favorite fabrics."

The older man nodded as he remembered, "Oh yes," He walked into the back of the shop, returning with a handful of fabrics, "Have a good day Miss. Arabella!"

"You as well." The man held the door open for Arabella who practically stumbled out of the shop, struggling to hold all of the fabrics.

She let out a huff as she began to make her way back home. A carriage made way behind her, stopping once it was beside her. The door opened and a man stepped out, "Miss? I don't believe a lady should be carrying that much alone."

Arabella stopped walking, hugging the fabrics to her chest in an attempt to not drop them as her arms began to increasingly grow weaker, "I am quite alright Mr,"

"Salvatore," The man smiled, his vibrant blue eyes comforting Arabella, "Damon Salvatore. Please, allow me to give you a ride back to your home. I can not allow myself to leave you here all alone."

"You are quite the gentleman," Arabella nodded and Damon helped her to step inside the carriage, placing her fabrics beside her. Once the door was shut and Arabella had instructed the driver on where to go, the carriage began to move. Arabella gasped as she wanted to slap herself silly, "My apologies, I never introduced myself, how rude of me. I am Arabella Smith."

Damon offered her a curt nod, "It is a pleasure to meet you. May I ask why you were doing such a task all alone?"

"My mother wanted me to collect a few fabrics for a dress she wants to be made," Arabella looked down at the vast collection of fabrics, "I presume I underestimated what a few truly meant."

Damon chuckled, "I always admire a stubborn woman."

Arabella chuckled along with him. She went to speak but the carriage came to a stop. Damon opened the door and got out, lending a hand to Arabella and handing her the fabrics. Arabella beamed at him, "Thank you for the ride to my home. Is there anything I can do to repay you for your kind gesture?"

Damon shook his head, "No. Now you have a nice day Miss. Arabella."

"You too," Arabella attempted to wave as the carriage began to move. She then walked around her home and entered through the back door, unsure if Cora had guests over.

Arabella set the fabrics down in the room that Cora had specifically for the creation of her dresses. She placed them neatly on the table and walked out of the room, wanting nothing more than to bathe herself. As she began to make way up the stairs, a hand caught her wrist, squeezing tightly. "Arabella dear, I didn't know you were home."

Arabella gulped as she looked at her stepmother, "I didn't want to burden you."

Cora squeezed the skin of Arabella's wrist, "Did you finish the chores you were given?"

"Yes,"

"Good," Cora gave her a disgusted glance, "Now go wash up, you're getting my home dirty."

Arabella nodded, gulping down the insult that so desperately wanted to break out. This home was not Cora's but instead Arabella's. Her father had gifted it to his daughter, not Cora who left bruises on Arabella's skin. Arabella sighed and held her head up confidently, she knew that one day this would all just be a memory. She just dreamed that day would come sooner than later.

━━━━

Well, this is the introductory chapter!
I hope you all enjoy it. As
I've said before, the chapters
and the story, in general, will be
quite short. Presumably just
six chapters in total.
Nevertheless, I hope you like this
book!

Word count: 1690

I do not own The Vampire Diaries.
All rights go to Julie Plec and Warner
Bro's. I only own any original
plot and characters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 6.9K 35
"Always." I whispered looking up at him. He looked down at me with a smile. "And Forever." He finished, before leaning down and kissed my lips with...
19.6K 460 22
"๐‘น๐’–๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’๐’–๐’ˆ๐’‰ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’‚๐’“๐’Œ๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’๐’๐’•, ๐‘ฏ๐’† ๐’„๐’‰๐’‚๐’”๐’†๐’… ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’‰๐’† ๐’˜๐’๐’–๐’๐’…๐’'๐’• ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’‘." - ๐‘ป๐’‚๐’ˆ, ๐’€๐’๐’–'๐’“๐’†...
1.2M 30.8K 53
"๐™„ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™จ๐™๐™–๐™ง๐™ฅ ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ช๐™š๐™จ." "๐˜ผ๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™„ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฃ-๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฎ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ, ๐™›๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™ฎ ๐™—๐™ค...
126K 3.2K 49
"๐€๐ง๐ ๐ˆ ๐ฌ๐š๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐จ ๐’๐š๐ญ๐š๐ง, ๐š๐ก ๐ˆ ๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ ๐จ" ๐– ๐—‹๐–บ๐–ป๐–พ๐—…๐—…๐–บ ๐–ฏ๐—‚๐–พ๐—‹๐–ผ๐–พ ๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‡๐—€๏ฟฝ...