Everlasting Dream <3

By Swirlysmoothie

You know how dreams can sometimes give you a glimpse of the future? Well my dreams tell me more. My deepest d... More

Chapter 1: From Dream to Nightmare
Chapter 2: The Accident
Chapter 3: The PAR-TYY!!!
Chapter 4: Sleepover
Chapter 5: My Partner
Chapter 6: The Secret Text Message
Chapter 7: Dinner with Dad
Chapter 8: The Date
Chapter 10: My Personal Guidance Counselor :)
Chapter 11: The Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 12: One Crazy Night
Chapter 13: The Alley
Chapter 14: Jayden's House
Chapter 15: Confusion
Chapter 16: The Ex-Girlfriend ;)
Chapter 17: The Realization
Christmas Special: The Christmas Ornament
Chapter 18: Misunderstandings
Christmas Special: The Secret Santa ;)

Chapter 9: A Twist

148 3 2
By Swirlysmoothie

○•Chapter 9: A Twist•○

"Thanks for driving me home." I say. That was really some day.

"No problem." He grins at me. We both stood there, waiting for each other to do something. In movies, the guy usually kisses the girl at this moment, but in real life everything was just awkward.

"I guess I'll see you on monday." I smiled and right when I was about to open the door, he stopped me.

"Hm, what is it?" I asked him. He held my hand and I instantly knew what he was about to say. He looked at me; this is it. I gulped.

"Well?" I turned my head to him.

"Would you like to go out with me again?" He stared right into my eyes and for some reason, nothing came out of my mouth. Am I nervous? I don't know if I should say yes or no. My feelings are all mixed up; I can't comprehend anymore.

"A-are you asking me to be your girlfriend??" I stuttered. I was shrieking inside; not sure of what to do anymore. He nodded. I knew it! What do I do now??

"Look, if you don't want to go out with me again, I completely understand." He lets go of my hand and turns his head away from me. I don't know what to say. Do i really like him?

"Chris. Wait." For once, i touched his face and I can feel my heart aching of pain. I feel really bad. I don't want to break his heart, but it's not like i'm going to say no. It just hurts seeing him look this disappointed.

"What?" He sounds annoyed. Maybe this isn't the right time to give him my answer; actually i don't even have a answer. Somewhere inside of me, is telling me that I should say yes, but another side of me is telling me that he's not the right one for me. I don't know, i don't know! I pursed my lips.

"Why did you wanted to go out with me in the first place anyways?" Maybe this will give me the answer to my feelings. He looked confused, as if he doesn't even know himself. I guess i wasn't alone on this one.

"Why did you think I asked you to be my girlfriend? There's just something about you, Emily. I really like you."  He was serious. I can feel my heart beating faster and faster. I'm getting butterflies in my stomach. Did he just say that he likes me? My eyes widened; in complete shockness.

"Emily, you look pale. Are you okay? Its okay if you don't like me back you know??" He comes closer and looks closely at my face. Oh man, he's not making this easy for me.

"Y-yeah, you shocked me for a moment there." I shook my head.

"Oh." Pain flashes through his face; he looks away.

"Chris, i didn't mean it that way. Give me some time. I don't even know myself." I tried to smile, but my lips wouldn't budge. What's wrong with me right now?

"Okay...Take as much time as you want." He smiles at me, but I knew he was in pain. I can't blame him, I would have been heart broken too. I'm pretty much rejecting him right now.... I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"What are you doing?" he softly asks. I see he's not mad anymore. I ignored him and placed my lips on his cheek.

"Thank you." I smiled and waved goodbye before going inside. Why did I just do that? I slapped myself mentally. What am I doing? Do I have any feelings for him?? All these questions swirls up in my head. Ugh, I'm getting a headache. I need to get something to drink.

"Mom! I'm home!" I yelled, but nobody replied. Hm, where is she? I turned on my IPhone. I had 2 missed phone calls and 3 text messages.

Mom: I'm working late tonight, So i won't be home until 12.

I guess that explains it. I clicked on my other texts.

Lily: So how's the date going? :)

Alyssa: Are you having fun?? ^^

I knew this would happen.

Me: I guess you can say that.. :/

       I put my phone into my bag and hopped my way to the kitchen. I grabbed my mug that was hanging on the hook and opened the refrigerator. I scanned through the refrigerator for something to drink; till I found a carton of chocolate milk. I pour it into my mug. The soothing, cool taste melts into my mouth. I feel so much better. You know what will make this even better? Cookies!! I looked through the cabinets, but I didn't see any cookies. I sighed. I can really use a cookie right now. Oh well, I can just sip on my chocolate milk i guess.

"How dare you!" I heard cameron yelled from upstairs. What was happening? I put down my mug and quickly ran upstairs. What's going on?? Then i remembered, Oh yeah, mom left dad with cameron!

"Cameron??!" I screamed. I went into his room but he wasn't there. Man. His room is a mess! There was a big pile of dirty clothes on the floor and pizza boxes sitting on his messy bed. WOW. He should really clean up in here. Really? should you really be thinking that at this moment? A voice said in my voice. I can really be annoying sometimes. Seriously.

I heard some rucus coming from dad's study room. I'm guessing they're in the study room. I took a peek inside and saw cameron yelling at me dad.

"How can you do this to mom?!" he screamed at him. He looks like he's about to explode soon. Dad brushes his dark brown hair.

"Cameron, let me explain." he pursed his lips together. 

"What is there to explain!? I saw you all over that whore!" He glares at him.

"Look, can you please let this go? Can't you pretend like this never happened? I promise this will never happen again." Dad pleaded. Wait what? Dad's cheating on mom?!

"What?!" I stepped into the room; my eyes getting watery.

"Emily... When did you get back?" Dad's voice was calm.

"Perfect timing." Cameron says.

"He." Cameron points at dad.

"Brought a women home and I saw him making out with her." Cameron breaths in heavily. I can't believe this.. Is this why he never called us back? Was he cheating on mom?

"Emily, its not what you think!" Dad calls out. I shaked my head. How can he do this to mom and right when I was starting to think of him as my dad!

"Then why were you making out with her??!" Cameron yells back. He clenches his fist. Ready to hit him. I can feel my tears sliding down my face. I can't believe him. What will mom think?

He was silent. "I'm s-sorry..." he comes over to give me a hug but I pushed him away.

"You're not my dad..." I wiped the tears off my face.

"Emily..."

"Emily, don't waste your tears on this jerk." Cameron pulled out a tissue and handed it to me. When we were kids, mom and dad would always fight. Every night, I would cry in my bed; covering my ears to block out the screaming from my parents voice. But Cameron was always there to comfort me. He may be a jerk but he has a soft side of him too. That's what makes him my brother and I can't believe i'm admiting it but I love him. 

"What's going on in here??" Mom came in, she dropped her bags of groceries onto the ground; she had a stern look on her face. 

"Is what Cameron said true??" She yelled. 

"Mom.. I thought you had the night shift..." I said, wiping my tears with the tissue cameron gave me.

"Turns out, I didn't. Good thing too." She stomped her way towards dad.

"Lisa... I-I' Before he can say anything, mom slapped him across the face. I covered my mouth. My mom never slapped him before. This was the first time... I glanced over to Cameron. He even looked shocked. 

"We're through, Arnold and that's final." She ran out of the room; weeping. Mom...

"Leave! Before I punch the hell out of you." Cameron yelled. Clenching his fist again. Dad looks at me and I just couldn't stand looking at him.

"I guess this is it then.." His voice cracked and he exits out of the room. Cameron let out a groan. He shook his head and he surprised me when he punches the desk.

"Cameron..." I've never seen someone so hurt before... Dad used to be the person Cameron always looked up to; he was his role model. Everyday, they would go to the park and play catch. So, I understand that he's probably in a lot of pain right now... All i can do is comfort him. I pulled him into a bear hug.

"Emily? You don't have to do this for me." He tries to push me away, but I didn't let him.

"No, this is what I want to do. You always took care of me and right now its my turn to return the favor." I let a tear slid down my face. He held me tightly in his arms. I'm not sure if he was crying but I was finally there for him; for once.

===================================================================

Yeah... this has been one sad chapter. Don't worry i'll make sure the next chapter will be happy :D heads up because there's going to more Jayden and Emily moments coming up ^^

Sorry for whoever is on team Chris btw. I'm still not sure who she should end up with :/

Guess it'll just have to happen. lol

BYE BYE!!! :DD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 173 22
Guy looked at me with a serious expression on his face, "You know James, it seems to me like you might have a crush on me." I immediately got defensi...
148 4 23
Have you ever met someone so perfect that you want to be with them forever and ever?! Will you make that person yours? Even if he happens to be you...
1.1K 36 22
"Dear Crush, I exist... and trust me or not, but no one else in this whole world can love you the way I do..." He fell in love for the first time in...
J + J By Miss_Durst

Teen Fiction

787 56 47
COMPLETE Two lovers. Deeply in love with each other. Will they confess their undieing love for each other or not? Jose, Jesse's older brother, soon...