Bloodline (Bakugou Katsuki X...

By VioletArks

L/N Y/N had been the centre of attention during her middle school years. Always being the one others would ta... More

Prologue
Chapter One: The Entrance Exams
Chapter Two: First Day
Chapter Three: Practice
Chapter Four: League of What?
Chapter Five: After
Chapter Six: It's Starting
Chapter Seven: UA Sports Festival #1
Chapter Eight: UA Sports Festival #2
Chapter Nine: UA Sports Festival #3
Chapter Ten: UA Sports Festival #4
Chapter Eleven: UA Sports Festival #5
Chapter Twelve: UA Sports Festival #6
Chapter Fourteen: Hero Names
Chapter Fifteen: Forbidden
Chapter Sixteen: Internships #1
Chapter Seventeen: Internships #2
Chapter Eighteen: Internships #3/Preparation
Chapter Nineteen: Katsuki
Chapter Twenty: Studying
Chapter Twenty-One: Gloves
Chapter Twenty-Two: Friends
Chapter Twenty-Three: Practical Exams #1
Chapter Twenty-Four: Practical Exams #2
Chapter Twenty-Five: To The Mall
Chapter Twenty-Six: "Answer Me."
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Training Camp #1
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Training Camp #2
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Training Camp #3
Chapter Thirty: Training Camp #4
Chapter Thirty-One: Warm
Chapter Thirty-Two: Metal
Chapter Thirty-Three: The First Secret
Chapter Thirty-Four: "We'll Be Fine."
Chapter Thirty-Five: Against The World
Chapter Thirty-Six: Dormitory System
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Settle In
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Admiration
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Asking Questions
Chapter Forty: The Second Secret
Chapter Forty-One: Well Acquainted
Chapter Forty-Two: Pick Up The Phone
Chapter Forty-Three: And Another
Chapter Forty-Four: Ground Beta
Chapter Forty-Five: The Big Three
Chapter Forty-Six: City
Chapter Forty-Seven: Waves
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Third Secret
Chapter Forty-Nine: Mask
Chapter Fifty: Brightness
Chapter Fifty-One: Doesn't Matter
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Same
Chapter Fifty-Three: Open Up
Chapter Fifty-Four: UA Culture Festival

Chapter Thirteen: "Say 'yes'!"

19.6K 830 3.2K
By VioletArks

Word Count: 4105

"Wake up, L/N."

"Ugh..."

"Hey, L/N, you gotta' get up now."

"Hmm... stop it..."

My shoulder gets shaken, making me open my eyes and blink a few times. In front of me, Kirishima in kneeling down on the floor with a smile.

"Kiri?"

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty." He chuckles quietly, "Sorry, but our stop is coming up in about 5 minutes, so I gotta' wake you up." He rubs the back of his neck sheepishly.

I make a noise to assure him that I heard. I stretch my arms in front of me as Kirishima stands up, looking to Mina and Kaminari as they sparked a conversation. I rub my eyes a bit, letting out a quiet yawn. Leaning to my left, I grab my bag off of the floor. But something falls onto my shoulder.

Sitting up again and turning my cheek to my right, I feel fuzzy spikes poking into my face. "What the-"

Bakugou gives a soft snore.

Oh, it's just Bakugou.

I relax my shoulders, looking at my phone screen and seeing no new texts or notifica-

Wait.

WAIT.

BAKUGOU IS SLEEPING ON MY SHOULDER.

HOLY SHIT.

Immediately after my realisation, I feel my heart speed up and my cheeks flare with warmth. I clench the fabric of my school skirt and hold my breath as Bakugou's moves his forehead further into my neck, his cheek squished on my shoulder.

Gulping, I caught between the decision of waking him up or letting him sleep.

As I'm thinking, I hear three sets of giggles. I turn my head slightly to see Mina, Kaminari and Kirishima grinning like little kids with Mina and Kaminari's phones out. They stood in front of us, bags in hands and taking photos and videos of us.

"You guys!" I harshly whisper, making sure not to move too much, "What are you doing?"

Kaminari laughed back at me, "Dude, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, how could we not take this chance?" His flash goes on, making me widen my eyes.

I lean my face to the right, further into Bakugou's weirdly soft spikes of hair. It doesn't seem like Kaminari will stop. I cover my eyes and Bakugou's sleeping ones, hoping he wouldn't stir. Lord knows what he would do.

When I drop my hands, the flash is gone, but Mina and Kaminari are texting in their phones. Kirishima tilts hid head to the side and asks, "Are you sure you two hate each other?"

I respond, "Bakugou hated everyone and everything." Placing my hands on my lap, my arm is pushed against Bakugou's bicep because of his crossed arms over his chest.

Kirishima counters, "L/N, last time he fell asleep during lunch. I didn't even touch him yet and he was up out of his seat and screaming at me."

I furrow my brows. "So, no one can touch Bakugou?"

"Not unless he makes first contact." He sighs, "I mean, that's what I think."

I look away at my lap, trying not to think too hard about it.

This was just a coincidence.

It's not that special.

We're both tired from the Sports Festival, nothing more.

My phone buzzes on my lap. I pick it up and see the groupchat with the five of us, Jirou, Yaoyorozu and Sero getting notifications. I tap onto the chat.

DanceDanceRevolution
GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS

DeepDope
What is it?

FlexTape
Oh my God, what is it this time?

QUEEN
Mina? What's wrong?

ShortCircuit
Guys look at this

When I scroll down I see a picture of me sleeping on the train, my head against Bakugou's shoulder and his head laying on top of mine. He looks so clam with his brows only slightly turned downwards and his lips parted a bit. My lips do the same, my hand gripping his blazer as I slept.

I gasp loudly, "KAMINARI, WHAT-WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?"

"Shut the fuck up, Dumbass..."

Oh shit.

I tense up, feeling Bakugou stir beside me. His crossed arms drop from their form, one of them now halfway on my lap.

Oh shit.

He's grumbling in his sleep still, so I cover my mouth, hoping I didn't speak too loudly for him to fully wake up. Mina's phone is still faced towards us.

Come on. Don't do this to me...

DeepDope
No way...

FlexTape
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH MY GOD KAMINARI YOU'RE GONNA' DIE WHEN BAKUGOU SEES THIS!!!

QUEEN
I have to admit, the two of them look really nice together.

QUEEN
Y'know, when they aren't biting each other's heads off.

TheRealMan
I feel so sorry L/N. It was Kaminari's idea!

ShortCircuit
WAY TO THROW ME UNDER THE BUS, KIRISHIMA!!!

TheRealMan
You were already under the bus when you took that photo, dude!

DeepDope
Kirishima's telling the truth, Kaminari. I almost feel sorry for you.

ShortCircuit
LOOK LOOK LOOK

ShortCircuit
This was literally like 2 minutes ago!

In this picture, I'm covering both Bakugou's eyes and mine. My head is titled into his hair as his one is against my shoulder. I can see my face flushed and my hand lips in a sort of nervous pout.

Sneaking a glance at the boy beside me, I see that he's still sleeping. I think.

I save the photo.

It doesn't mean anything.

QUEEN
You are aware that Bakugou can view this groupchat, right Kaminari?

ShortCircuit
...

Looking over to the blonde, I see Kaminari shaking violently before whispering to us, "I don't want to die this young..."

Mina is giggling beside him as Kirishima shakes his head.

I give a sigh once I flick through the messages again. Yaoyorozu and Jirou and commenting on the photo, Sero is teasing Kaminari about drying and the rest of them are trying to calm down Kaminari.

Flicking up my screen, I press on the first picture Kaminari sent. I'll admit, it's a good photo. He made us look pretty good. It was taken from an angle where you could see our faces from a diagonal point of view from my side.

Bakugou's face in this moment...

Damn, he can be super cute when he wants to be.

Perhaps that idiot could become a photographer.

Zooming into the photo, I see that I have a tiny smile on my face. I never would've guessed., especially with Bakugou at my side.

The body beside me stirs again.

"What the Hell is that?"

Crap.

I widen my eyes, tilting my head to see Bakugou's fixated gaze on my phone. His body doesn't move, head still on my shoulder and his hand grasping the space of my chair beside my leg. It looks like it's about to break.

"Hey... Bakug-"

"DUNCE FACE!"

He's suddenly jumping up, his hair tickling my neck at his fast motions. Kaminari is hiding behind Kirishima, scared eyes as Bakugou creates explosions from his palms.

I stay in my seat as Mina and Kirishima try to calm down the angry blonde. My heart is beating out of my chest and I can absolutely tell my face is pink from embarrassment.

For him just to wake up from sleeping like that, and not even addressing the fact that he was sleeping on my shoulder, but that Kaminari sent a photo to the groupchat...

It was weird.

A smile dawns on my lips as I watch them.

The Next Day . . .

I leaned back in my chair, drinking from my glass slowly before looking to Dad. He's been staring at me for some time now during breakfast and I've finally had enough of it.

"Okay, Dad." I say, putting down my glass, "What's up? Why are you looking at me like that?"

He doesn't change his expression. His brows are still slightly raised, eyes half-lidded, mouth in a thin line. Mum even nudges his side and asks him the same question.

Immediately after she says something, Dad speaks.

"Your hair is different today."

I raise a brow. "Huh. I guess it is."

"No." Dad says sterny, leaning his elbows on the table, "Your hair is different today. That means something is wrong."

I straighten my back and tilt my head. "What? Nothing is wrong, why would anything be?" I question, lifting my hand from my lap to my neck.

Mum rolls her eyes playfully as Dad leans his chin on his hands.

"Is it what Hitoshi said last night at the dinner we had with his parents?" Dad asks me, "About how the cheerleader uniform you wore was definitely too tight for you? And how he had to use his quirk on some of the students around him to make them stop staring at you?"

I feel my face flush as I shake my head and hands. "N-No! It's not about that!" I gasp.

"Is it about that Bakugou winning by holding your arm out of bounds?" He raises a brow at me.

"Dad, nothing is wrong-"

"Is it because I said training was cancelled today?"

Silence.

"I knew it." Dad tells us, looking at his wife triumphantly, "I knew it! I told you, Meika! I know when something is bothering our daughter!" He placed a hand above his heart with a wide smile.

Mum shakes her head. "You think I didn't notice? If I see that something is wrong, I wait for it to come to me. If I wait too long, then I approach." She sends me a sweet wink, as if to reassure me.

She states, crossing her arms as she leans forward to Dad, "Y/N has her own life, she can choose whether or not she wants to share it with us." There's a smile across her face.

"But we're her parents!" Dad argues.

"And we weren't like that when we were teenagers?" Mum counters.

I chuckle. It seems like Mum was winning this one.

Dad shoots his gaze to me. "Hey, don't go laughing at us!" He calls over the table as I continue to eat, "You know why I called off our training, Y/N, you need to relax. You just won third place at the Sports Festival yesterday, and you have today off. You really need to take a break."

I brush my fingers against my forehead. There was no need for my bandage now, but I can still sort of feel the stickiness of it against my skin.

I let out a sigh, "I know... But Bakugou said I lacked the skills of being a Pro Hero. I can't let that be seen of me forever." My hands are on the table, balled up in fists.

It was hard to fully come to terms with what Bakugou said at first, because I had trained so hard with Dad and 'Toshi since the first year of Middle School. But after looking over the recording of the festival, I know that Bakugou was truly right.

I am not built to be a Pro Hero.

"Dad, if I don't train hard enough-"

"Why does Bakugou's opinion mean so much to you?" Dad asks me, crossing his arms over his chest.

The questions takes me back a bit. I straighten my posture and widen my eyes a little when I look up at him again.

Dad leans back in his chair and points out,. "Before, you were okay with taking days off because it meant spending time with Hitoshi. Why did this kid's words change you?"

"What's wrong with having some goals, Dad?" I ask, trying to avoid the question. I just didn't have a good answer for him. Mum is smiling at me as Dad squints.

He hums, "Fine, don't answer me, my daughter. But that doesn't change my mind, today is a break day." He crosses his arms with a pout, as if to show that he was being somewhat serious.

I rub the back of my neck and sigh, "But I've got nothing to do! Dad!"

My phone rings on the table. I look to the screen to see a familiar name.

KIRISHIMA
ACCEPT DECLINE

"Kirishima?" Dad reads before snapping his fingers, "Wait, he's that guy with the red hair, isn't he? He's a nice boy." Mum nods her head like Dad's been talking about my school life with her.

He nods at me to pick up at the table.

"Hello?"

"Hey, L/N!" Kirishima calls, "Listen, Mina and Jirou invited us to go shopping."

Crap. Dad looks at me with a raised brow.

"Kaminari and I are going, so you in?" He asks me, and I can tell there's a wide smile on his face.

Dad stands from his seat and takes my empty plate along with his and Mum's. He waves his hand with a stern look.

"Say 'yes'!"

I slouch my shoulders and and grip my phone tighter. "Y-Yeah, sure thing. Uh, I'll be ready in about 30 minutes." I say, standing up from my spot.

After a while, I'm brushing through my hair and tying it up. Mum and Dad have allowed me to go out just because Dad took off training. I mean, I guess going out every once in a while.

When I'm done getting ready, I walk down the stairs and grab my bag and stuff it in my wallet. Mum waves her hand to me as she fixes up the kitchen with Dad.

"I'll be back by 5!" I say as I open the door. Kirishima texted me saying that we were meeting at the foodcourt, so I didn't want to leave everyone waiting. I'm walking down the street with my earphones in, blasting one of my favourite songs in my ears.

My sneakers hit the pavement in time with the beat, my head slightly nodding. Dad's been pulling back on me, with training and all. He said it was because All Might is already training us hard at school. I guess he's right.

It only takes 10 minutes for me to get to the mall. I'm walking to the food court hurriedly, grasping my bag and phone tightly in my hands. When I spot a familiar head of red hair, I rush over.

"Hey, Kiri!" I shout, waving my hand.

Kirishima turns around, a grin on his face. Near him are Mina, Jirou and Kaminari, all sipping their drinks. Once I'm close enough, Kirishima gives me a high five and chuckles, "Hey, you made it! That's great, now we're only missing one person."

As if on cue, we all hear a loud yell, "Shitty Hair!"

Turning to my left, I see Bakugou stomping over to us, two drinks in his hands. He's wearing a black shirt with a skull on it with black jeans. The look on his face showed that he didn't want to be here.

"Huh? Bakugou?" I mumble, "What's he doing here?"

"The Hell is that supposed to mean?" Bakugou growls at me, lifting his shoulders and he clenchds the two drinks a little tighter. "Is there something wrong with me, dumbass?"

I shake my hands, tilting my head to the side as I look up at him. "N-No, obviously, I was just... Y'know, I didn't get told you were coming." I say, turning my gaze to the floor. "I didn't think this was your kind of scene."

Before he can respond, Kirishima comes up beside me. "Hey, dude, I didn't know you were that thirsty. We could stop to eat for a bit, I didn't think you'd get two drinks."

I hear Bakugou click his tongue before something is shoved into my chest. I give a shallow gasp once the coldness of the drink he was holding grazes against my shirt. "Huh?"

"Hurry up, dumbass." Bakugou grunts, walking away with one hand in his pocket and the other holding his drink. "I'm only hanging around these idiots until 3."

I grasp the drink and hold it in front of me. I recognise it easily. "Um... Thanks. You even got my favourite." I say, glancing at his back.

Mina looks over my shoulder as we begin following him. "Oh, you're right! You buy that at lunch everyday. Geez, how'd he guess?" She asks, nudging my side.

I shrug my shoulder, sipping the drink as Jirou and Mina begin to talk. I see Kaminari and Kirishima up ahead try and chat with Bakugou, but he's hopeless.

As we pass some shops, Mina tugs me and Jirou's arms, gasping loudly, "GIRLS! LOOK, LOOK, LOOK!" She points to a fashion-based shop. "A SALE, WE GOTTA' CHECK IT OUT!"

Before we can say anything, she's dragging us towards the store. I look over my shoulder, seeing the boys stop and send us an amused look.

W

e helped Mina pick out some dresses for her and Jirou with some hoodies. I sat outside the changing rooms as Mina tried on her items. I held onto her bag, Jirou listening to music whilst waiting.

"Mina, it's been 10 minutes, are you done yet?" I ask, standing up and knocking on the door.

I hear her whine back to me, "I know, I know! But this dress doesn't fit me... I think I got the wrong size..." The door unlocks to show Mina holding the dark F/C dress. She's frowning at me.

Patting her shoulder, I say, "Hey, it's alright. We can go look for the perfect fit."

Mina nods her head, asking me to hold the dress up. I lift it so it's in the near at my side. She goes to put in the coat hanger when she steps back. Her hand goes to her chin, like she was thinking about something.

Mina's eyes suddenly sparkle.

"Mina? Are you alright? We don't have to get this-"

She quickly exits the rooms and shuts the door, not letting me out. I try to open it, but Mina has her body weight against it. It shocks me, only being a second too late.

"Hey! Mina! What do you think you are doing?" I question, hand gripping the door knob. No matter if I twist and turn it, Mina won't budge at all.

She giggles back at me, "Come on, Y/N! Try it on at least, I think you'll look great in it!" She's whispering to Jirou, something I can't quite hear yet.

I groan, holding the dress in my hands, "But I thought you wanted it..." I don't get a response back, only the sounds of feet walking away. They must've gone off to find new things to try on.

Fine. I'll try it on. For Mina's sake.

I unzip the back of the dress, putting it on the seat in front of me. I begin to take off my clothing, running my fingers through my hair to smooth it out.

This dress was probably for parties and such. It had an exceptional V-neck line that covered most of my skin, thank God. There were no sleeves, but the fabric wrapped around my shoulder. The backing was kind of low, so I'm grateful that the chest area of the dress has padding. The dress' skirt dropped a few inches above my knees.

When I looked in the mirror, I saw how fitted the dress was. It hung loosely around me as I held the back together. I tried zipping it up, but my hands couldn't reach. Just when I was out of option, I hear footsteps outside the door.

There were private change rooms, so this had to be the girls.

Yes.

I open the door, still holding the dress together. "Hey, Jirou, do you mind zipping me up?" I say, looking up.

She's not there.

Neither is Mina.

But you know who is here? Bakugou.

"Dumbass, does it look like she's here?" He scoffs, still scrolling through his phone, "Shitty Hair and Dunce Face are too busy buying random shit at this store so Racoon eyes told me to wait here."

He's sitting on the chair directly in front of me, sitting criss-cross whilst just on his phone.

I grunt, "Great. I'll just text them."

I walk over to my bag, which was beside him. I kneel down and, with one hand, look for my phone in my bag.

"Y'know you gotta' zip that up, right dumbass?" Bakugou says, looking down to me.

I sigh, "I can't reach. The zipper is only half the way up. That's why I needed Jirou." I point at him with squinted eyes. "But instead I got you."

He scowls, standing up from the seat, "You think I can't zip up a stupid dress? You think I'm fucking weak, you dumbass?" His eyes show that he isn't playing around.

"I never said-Hey!"

I'm suddenly pushed towards the changing room's entrance. Bakugou is growling behind me, hand on my shoulder, "You're such a dumbass..."

"What did I do?" I grumble, slouching my shoulders.

He clicks his tongue again before I feel something touching my bare back. I gasp, "Wha-B... Bakugou, you're hands are so cold!" I try to scoot away from him, but he just pulls me back.

"Shut up, it's from the drink, idiot." He says to me, hand still brushing against my back.

Bakugou takes the zipper in his hand and tugs it up hastily.

I grab his hand on my shoulder and grunt, "Gentle, Bakugou! Geez, you need to calm down."

His hair tickles the back of my neck again, which means he's leaning his head down.

"You're so weak." He mumbles, hit breath hitting the skin of my neck.

It makes me shiver, my hand tightening my grip on his. "Bakugou, are you-"

I'm cut off. He suddenly zips it all the way, pulling the fabric around my chest back. My body stiffens once he lets go of the zipper. I place a hand on the door frame to not fall from the sudden push.

"Thanks..." I murmur, pushing a lock of hair from my face.

"Tch, whatever." He says back.

I look up to the mirror to see Bakugou doing the same. But his red eyes aren't on me, but rather my outfit instead. He's scanning me up and down slowly, lips pressed into a thin line.

Clearing my throat and holding my hands behind my upper back, I ask, "S-So, what do you think?"

He does one more scan of me. Before answering, he takes a step away from me so his shoulder is facing my way. I can see half of his face in the mirror and his eyes scan the floor.

"You look somewhat better than yesterday." He says quietly, looking at my briefly through the mirror.

I hold my breath and look back at him. My face is flushing and I lightly pinch my cheek to play it off cool, a smile on my lips.

"Wow, didn't expect you to say something like that." I claim, tilting my head a bit.

Bakugou crosses his arms and lofts his chin away. "Dumbass... The skirt should be longer." He tells me, eyes on the wall.

"Hm?" I mumble, turning around to see him, "Why do you say that?"

Bakugou glances down at me and then the skirt. "Because if your dumbass bends down-"

I widen my eyes and cover his mouth, hands against his mouth. He grunts, palm holding onto my wrist. He furrows his brows and glares at me.

"Please don't say anything like that, asshole."

I'm about to say something else when he grabs my other wrist and tugs me closer. My hands falls from his mouth.

"Bakugou-!"

"If you're going to shut someone up, you gotta' fucking do better than that."

Shit.

I feel my face warm up as he tilts his head down. The ends of his hair are brushing against my forehead. He wears a serious but calm expression on his face.

I gulp, hands pushing his chest away from mine, "You-... You're a little close-"

"Woah."

We both look to our sides to see Kirishima, Kaminari, Mina and Jirou looking at us.

Kaminari is snapping a photo.

"What happened here?" Jirou asks, a sly smirk on her face.

Bakugou immediately pulls away from me, dropping my wrist from his grip. "Shut the Hell up, you saw nothing." He scoffs, walking away.

The boys apologise for his behaviour. Mina and Jirou step towards me.

"Oh, you look amazing, Y/N!" Mina claims, holding my hands in hers. She wears a gigantic smile on her face. "So, are you getting it?"

My eyes drift to Bakugou's leaving figure. His words repeat in my mind. Although it wasn't exactly nice, it was a compliment by Bakugou's standards.

I smile.

"Sure. I'll just make some altercations when I get home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 6.1K 39
this book is a total joke btw i didn't take it super seriously while writing to the point it's embarrassing lol completed β€’Intro β€’30 chapters β€’Hal...
301K 8.1K 32
γ€Žπ—§π—΅π—² π—½π—²π—Ώπ—³π—²π—°π˜ π—Ήπ—Όπ˜ƒπ—² π˜€π˜π—Όπ—Ώπ˜†...』 Her quirk changed everything the minute it appeared. "You will alway be a villain." "I know. That's...
283 6 13
(y/n) (l/n) wants to be a hero. Her family is broke and her dad's in jail, but she applies to UA's hero course nonetheless, along with her best frien...
69K 1.6K 36
[COMPLETED] being bullied during your childhood days, sucked. especially for such a fragile kid who dreams to be the top hero izuku midoriya who has...