Love and Loss (The Fun Gilber...

By Jbic02

Jessica Gilbert has finally graduated high school and has decided to attend the University of New Orleans wit... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1- End Of Summer
Chapter 2- True Lies/House of the Rising Sun
Chapter 3- Tangled Up in Blue
Chapter 4- Girl In New Orleans
Chapter 5- Playing My Own Side
Chapter 6- Revenge
Chapter 7- Bloodletting
Chapter 8- The River in Reverse
Chapter 9- Ever The Savior
Chapter 10- Runaway Witch
Chapter 11- Après Moi, Le Déluge
Chapter 12- Transitions and Choices
Chapter 13- Le Grand Guignol/ Farewell to Storyville
Chapter 14- The Devil Inside
Chapter 15-Guilt & Anger Make Bad Bedfellows
Chapter 16- An Unblinking Death
Chapter 17- A Closer Walk With Thee
Chapter 18- The Battle of New Orleans
Chapter 19- From a Cradle to a Grave
Cast Part 2
Chapter 20- I'll Remember/Rebirth
Chapter 21- Yellow Ledbetter/ Alive and Kicking
Chapter 22- Prison World Blues (Part 1)
Chapter 23-Prison World Blues (Part 2)
Chapter 24- Back From the Dead
Chapter 25- Why, Kai, Why?
Chapter 26- Merging
Chapter 27- Clifford the Big Red Door
Chapter 28- Links and Bonds
Chapter 29- Friends-giving
Chapter 30- Weddings and Hexes
Chapter 31- Long Lost Sisters
Chapter 32- Taking Chances
Chapter 33- Hateful Reunions
Chapter 34- Plots and Tricks
Chapter 36- Different Sides
Chapter 37- Friend or Foe?
Chapter 38- Everyone's Favorite Brother
Chapter 39- The Final Battle
Chapter 40- The Aftermath
Beacon Falls

Chapter 35- Staying One Step Ahead

417 13 0
By Jbic02

Please read the Author's Note at the bottom!~J😘😍

3rd Person P.O.V.

Jessica is sitting in the courtyard of the compound talking to the Mikaelson siblings. "What do you mean you can't find Davina, Kol? Isn't she your girlfriend? Shouldn't you know where she is?" She demands and Kol sighs.

"Davina is regent now, she needed the power to finish the dagger, a dagger which I never thought I would want out of him so willingly, might I add. As soon as I said I needed her to remove it, she placed a powerful blocking spell on herself so we can't force her," Kol answers and Jessica stands up and begins pacing.

"I can't leave Nik daggered and the longer he is daggered the more vulnerable he is to Dahlia. Right now our only play is that I didn't tell Klaus all of my plan. The only people who know it fully are me and Malachai."

"You trusted the psycho who killed his family with this?" Vivianne asks, stunned, and Jessica shakes her head.

"No, I trust the very powerful leader of the Gemini Coven, who happens to be willing to follow me regardless of what I do to him for whatever reason," she responds as her phone chimes with a text from Kai. "Speak of the devil and he shall text. I have to go. He's been helping Jo with her powers and apparently she's pregnant. He wants to meet with me so I can help him and he said he has a plan for the dagger so I'll be back. Freya, work with Kol, now that you aren't linked to Dahlia we have another play. I thought she would wait until she almost had Hope but now we have more time."

"I've got a pretty good hold on this magic of yours but won't it clash with dear Freya's?" Kol questions, nervous that something might happen to his niece or, even if he'd never admit it, his beloved older brother.

"No, as you do the spell, your magic will purify hers making her already powerful magic stronger. Vivianne, you're with me and call Eric and tell him to inform the new faction that a powerful threat is coming and they need to steer clear." She nods and Jessica turns to Meredith and Elijah. "Mer, I told Aiden to report to you. I hope that the two of you can monitor Hayley and Hope closely. Nobody knows the bayou like the wolves and Aiden has an advantage since nobody suspects that his resurrection worked. If he senses any danger, he'll call. Bekah, you keep an eye on Nik and call Cami, maybe she can get the dagger out since she isn't supernatural." Everyone agrees to their tasks and Jessica heads out with Vivianne.

Meanwhile, Klaus, despite being daggered, is not suffering the black nothingness that his siblings describe and is instead reliving a fond memory of Jessica, something he supposes is her doing. It was a few weeks after Jessica had found the scars on his back from Mikael at the waterfall and they had begun a secret relationship that nobody but Rebekah and Kol knew about, as Jessica was closest to them. He always suspected Kol to bring it up around his parents or tease him about it, but he never did. He had only brought it up once to tell him that Jessica truly cared about him and he'd better not mess it up.

In this particular memory, Jessica had taken him into her special hut in the woods that she had made herself with magic. It was powerful, anyone could sense it, but nobody could see it unless Jessica showed it to them. She was helping him with basic spells that he wasn't particular good at since he wasn't the best at magic, unlike Kol. Jessica was always patient with him, though, and the more time he spent with her, the stronger connection to nature he felt. Klaus had messed up the spell once again and she told him that it wasn't because he didn't have the power but because his mind was clouded, but he didn't know how to clear it.

She told him that he needed to compartmentalize, push all the memories away by focusing on a good one. He tried but all he could think was of the beating Mikael had given him the day before for not properly preparing his things before his hunting trip, even though Mikael changed nothing before leaving. Jessica seemed to know that he couldn't focus, so she kissed him. Klaus lost himself in the kiss and before he knew it, his shirt was on the floor. Jessica pulled back and he noticed that he had succeeded in making the plants bloom but Jessica was more focused on his back. She scolded him for lying to her by saying the abuse from Mikael was an isolated incident before telling him that she would always be there for him.

He smiled, watching it play out, until he heard a voice behind him. "Such a shame that she has forsaken her promise to you." Klaus spins around and sees a woman who looks similar to his mother and realizes that the memory is not Jessica's doing, but hers.

"Dahlia, I presume."

"You are correct, nephew, and I come with an offer."

"Speak your piece and then leave," he commands and she smiles.

"You had so much faith in the siblings that have betrayed you, even your beloved has turned her back on you. She is very powerful, I can tell that much, yet she leaves the dagger in all because they believed you capable of killing the wolf."

"Something I have no doubt you've done so if you came to convince me to trust you, you have already failed because the dagger in my heart is your doing," he snarls before speeding away. He finally stops, only to realize he is in the same place he began.

"You can try to escape all you wish but this is your mind and for now, I control it." Klaus snarls at her but sits down, willing to give her a chance to make him an offer that he can hopefully use to his advantage.

Back in the real world, Jessica and Vivianne arrive at Ric's apartment to find Kai and Ric sitting on the couch, glaring at each other. "Wow, the testosterone in here is suffocating," Jess state and they both turn to her and smile, happy to see her. She walks over and hugs her stepfather before sitting next to him as Jo walks out of the bathroom, prompting Kai to speak up.

"This is what I need your help with," Kai says and Jessica looks at him, confused, so he elaborates. "I've been researching the Gemini coven since my father refuses to tell me anything, as he hates me, and he didn't tell Jo anything either because she gave up her magic. I don't think he ever expected Liv to win because she wouldn't tell Jo anything, but that may be because she hates me for taking her twin away."

"Does that upset you?" Jessica asks, curious, and he shrugs.

"Not particularly. I have Luke's emotions so in the back of my mind there is a little voice whispering to protect her but as time goes on it gets quieter and quieter. You were right about the merge pushing my emotions further to the front. As soon as the merge was over, I had an overwhelming need to have a relationship with my twin again, which is how we find ourselves here."

"Where exactly is here because we have more pressing matters, psycho," Vivianne says but he ignores the consistent nickname she's dubbed him with.

"I've been trying to be a good twin and be here for Jo during her pregnancy because Jessica said it's typically a hard time for women and I was the first to know she was actually pregnant."

"Because you can sense the power from it since it's in your coven," Jessica points out and he nods.

"Except lately, there has been something up with the power, like there is more," he says with a look that tells Jessica to listen so she does and that's when she hears it.

"There's two heartbeats," she gasps and Kai nods.

"That's what I thought which brings me to the whole not knowing much about the coven. Does this mean that Jo's children will have to merge or does it have to be my children?" Kai asks, worried, and it suddenly makes sense why Ric was glaring at him so she turns to her stepfather.

"You thought he was worried because he would lose his power if your twins merged," she states matter-of-factly, making Ric look down in guilt. "He's not," she assures. "He wouldn't lose his power he just wouldn't lead the coven, he's simply worried that you will have to lose a child if they merge. As for how the whole merge thing works, I don't know if they would have to merge, I assume that if you have twins the burden would go to them but since Jo is your twin and she was supposed to be the one to merge with you, it might fall to her."

"What if I gave up my magic?" She questions but Jessica shakes her head.

"It doesn't matter, the magic is in your genes, woven in your DNA, even if you give up your powers, they'll still have magic. Don't worry though, I can try and find a way around the merge without having to lock one in a prison world. We have 22 years to find a solution and I promise that I will find one," she vows, causing Ric and Jo to look at her gratefully until she turns to Kai. "Now you said that you had a plan for the dagger?"

He nods. "You said that nobody can touch it right, but have you tried removing it without touching it?"

"Yeah, I tried to move it with my power but my magic can't touch it either."

"That's not what I mean. It doesn't burn Klaus or you would see it while it's inside so if you make a connection with the dagger you can neutralize the power briefly, allowing him to wake and pull it out."

"Like Kol and Davina did with the white oak when Mikael kidnapped Jessica?" Vivianne wonders and Kai nods.

"That might work," Jessica responds, excited. "You're still ready to go against Dahlia, right?"

"I made you a promise and I intend to keep it. Besides you need someone with homicidal tendencies and no attachment to Hope to do it," he exclaims with a murderous glint in his eyes that makes Jessica laugh.

"You know, sometimes I forget that you killed most of your family. You seem so normal lately and then you say things like that." Kai shrugs and Jessica bids them all goodbye, promising to look into the merge and the Gemini Coven before leaving to test out Kai's plan.

Back inside Klaus' head, Dahlia has just finished her deal. "So you'll take out all my siblings and the pesky crescents and all I have to do is allow you to link yourself to me and I get to stay with you and my daughter?" Klaus reiterates and she smiles.

"Yes, and I will stay linked to you until Hope is old enough for the link to be harmless to her," she promises and Klaus thinks over her offer, when he remembers something Jessica said in the memory about compartmentalizing. He focuses on the idea of excepting Dahlia's offer and pushes it to the front of his mind while he comes up with a plan of his own. He knows that it's going to anger everyone, but Dahlia was right, they were all so quick to condemn him for Aiden's death and that's when he knows his plan will work.

He turns to Dahlia with an evil smirk. "You've got yourself a deal."

She matches his smirk. "Then wake up, Niklaus, we have things to do." As soon as the words leave her mouth, Klaus opens his eyes in the real world and grips the dagger, removing it from his heart and slipping it into his pocket before speeding away from the compound to meet Dahlia, ready to enact his plan.

A/N: So for anybody who was wondering, I've decided to do the cross over book since I only got one comment on it and it was a request for the book so if you don't want to read that, I will be continuing the Originals storyline as well as the Vampire Diaries storyline once they leave Beacon Hills. Also, I know that Ric gets married at the end of Season Six but he won't be in this book because I feel like it wouldn't fit with the character I've set up for him since he cares about Jessica so much he would be focused on her determination to help Hope and not his wedding. Oh, and for a time reference, Jo just found out about her pregnancy a few days before this chapter so she isn't very far along. Hope you enjoyed the chapter! ~J😘😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483 0 9
Hazel Gilbert is the shadow of Elena her older sister and so she doesn't really talk much she's close to Jeremy her older brother Hazel is 15 while J...
15.9K 387 24
Human A/U Elena GIlbert the girl that lost everything. Her twin sister ruined her life. Her brother hates her. She has no one but an aunt she doesn't...
114K 3.3K 46
π‹πžπ¨π§π¨π«πš 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐒𝐬𝐬𝐞, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate to hold the worlds secrets in the palm of...
165K 3.1K 75
π‚πšπ¬π¬πšπ§ππ«πš 𝐆𝐒π₯π›πžπ«π­. Elena and Jeremy's older sister, who went to Europe after graduation and left a small, remote town behind. But wha...