𝐅𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞�...

By lilybreeze467

Perhaps it's the way her father always fell silent at the mention of her childhood, or maybe it was the achin... More

INTRO
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 4

24 2 0
By lilybreeze467

Cover change!

Added INTRO and new graphic!

Landon's first official day as a student was pretty uneventful, I introduced him to the different members of our group as well as some of the other students that we passed in the halls.

He and Josie were already pretty familiar with one another due to having met at the party yesterday, we lingered there for a bit while I let Landon catch up with the new werewolf whose name I had learned was Rafael. Since he had met MG before on 2 occasions we merely said hi when we passed him in the hall.

Lizzie wasn't super keen on becoming friends with Landon, even going so far as referring to him as 'Mophead'. Never the less, it wasn't as if that was off-brand for Lizzie to do so I just told him to ignore her before I went to show him where all the different classes were.

"This is the Chemistry of Magic class!" I gestured to the empty double-doored classroom, "Not that you'll ever need to come down here." I gave him an apologetic glance.

He shrugged, "It's fine, I probably won't remember where this class is anyway, this place is huge."

I laughed, "Yeah, it might take you a while before you can actually get to your classes without getting lost. No worries though, I'm sure we can find you a buddy or something."

---★---

"You sure you don't want to come to the flag football game?" I glanced over at Landon while pulling my hair up into a high ponytail. He looked up at me from his spot on the couch next to Rafael, "I'd rather not risk bumping into any of my old classmates." He replied apologetically. I nodded sympathetically, the Mystic Falls High kids were all asses, I honestly can't imagine spending more than a couple of hours with them, much less go to school with them.

"What's up losers. Are you all ready to go?" Lizzie's voice cut through the air as she and Josie appeared by my side.

"Actually, these 2 aren't coming," I said, turning to face the twins. Both of them were wearing the school jerseys and had their hair tied up in messy ponytails.

Josie looked a little concerned while Lizzie scoffed, "Whatever, I didn't want hobbit to come anyway." She gave Landon an unfriendly look before flashing Rafael a smile, "Are you sure you don't wanna come? I'm a very good quarterback!"

I gave her a disbelieving look, how in the world could she possibly think that Rafael would date her after she so plainly insulted Landon to his face.

Rafael frowned at her, "I'd appreciate it if you'd be nicer to my brother." He stood up and nudged Landon with his arm, "Come on man, let's go."

I watched as Lizzie's face fell and the 2 boys walked away, "What do you have against Landon? You're not usually this mean to new students." I remarked, giving Lizzie a pointed look.

She glared at me, "He's human, I don't understand why dad let him stay." I rolled my eyes, "He couldn't be compelled remember? It's not like we could just let him go."

"Whatever." Lizzie muttered, "Let's go. We can't be late for the game."

---★---

I brushed the dirt off of my legs and shot an angry glare at the opposing Timberwolf team player that had just tackled me to the ground. I didn't even have the ball.

"Are you alright?" Josie rushed over to me in concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You'd think that they'd be less rough since they already know they're going to win but nope! They just have to keep rubbing in the fact that we suck." I huffed, scanning the field for the rest of my teammates.

I squinted in Lizzie's direction, "You might want to check on your sister Jos, she looks just about ready to strangle Dana." I nodded in the direction of the fuming blonde. Josie whipped around to stare at her sister worriedly, "Right. I better make sure she doesn't blow our cover."

A sigh left my lips as I scanned the field again, it was sad that we had to play pretend and let the Mystic Falls High students win when we could easily crush them but then again, we couldn't expose our powers either. I scrambled into position as Lizzie made the call for the game to start again.

I ducked under the first opposing player that attempted to tackle me and watched as Josie meekly hit the ball away from her as a way to keep us from winning. While distracted another dude from the Timberwolves rammed into my shoulder and knocked me off balance.

"What the hell dude!" I scowled at the guy, "Can't you see we're not playing right now?"

The guy smirked at me, "Whoops, better pay attention next time." He laughed, high fiving another play from his team as he walked away from me.

My eyes flared gold for a brief moment before I growled and pushed myself off the ground. I stormed over to my team as Lizzie, who looked equally enraged, called for a team meeting.

"New plan, gloves are off. Let's burn these bitches to the ground!" She snarled.

"Lizzie, no." Josie gave her a sharp look, she clearly wasn't on board with the new plan.

"Let's give these townies a taste of what we're really made of." Lizzie looked around our circle of teammates before sticking her hand out.

I grinned, "Finally. These assholes are really getting on my nerves." I placed my hands on top of Lizzie's.

The rest of the team nodded in approval, stacking their hands on top of ours. The only person who hadn't placed their hand in the group pile was Josie. We all turned towards her expectantly.

"Come on Jo, you're ruining an epic moment here." Lizzie stared at her twin pointedly.

I hummed in agreement, "Yeah Jos, you know they deserve it!"

After a long moment, Josie ultimately gave in with a sigh and put her hand at the top of the pile. We all grinned and I felt a slight twinge as the twins siphoned magic from the rest of us.

"Break!"

---★---

My eyes gleamed a sharp gold before fading back to their normal brown as I crouched down in my position.

I caught MG's gaze from across the field and we exchanged a mutual grin of excitement as Lizzie called for the start of the game. I turned to face the opposing player who just so happened to be the guy that had rammed into my shoulder earlier.

"I hope you're prepared to be crushed," I smirked in his direction.

"In your dreams girly," he snarked in return.

"Set, hut!"

I launched forward from my place, kicking up blades of grass as I barreled past the line up of the Timberwolves. I ducked under the arm of one of the other players and caught the ball that was thrown my way. I did a quick scan, noticing the pair of players rushing to take the ball from me, I looked over at Kaleb who nodded in my direction before running towards the touchdown line.

The ball left my grasp the moment some dude attempted to tackle me, I swerved and watched as the poor guy fell flat on his face while Kaleb scored and brought the 2 teams to a tie.

I grinned a turned to face the dude who had rammed into me earlier, "Looks like you're slipping. Better luck next time!" I chipped, bumping into his shoulder roughly as I passed.

---★---

"Alright, last round of the game! We've got this!" I pitched in enthusiastically, we were so close to beating the Timberwolves for the first time in years.

Kaleb nods in agreement, "Look, we score and those clowns can't say crap to us for an entire year! Y'all feel me?"

"He's right guys. Let's do this." Lizzie's eyes seem to gleam with strong determination, considering all the shit that Dana says to her, I'm not surprised she wants to win.

We all look at each other and nod, "Break!"

The tension in the air is evident as the teams take their places, I let out a breath and wait for the signal.

"Set! Hut!" Lizzie's voice is almost like a warcry.

I bolt down the field and try to keep the other players from guarding me. I can see Dana making a mad dash to tackle Lizzie out of the corner of my eye but relax slightly when Josie knocks her to the ground. The ball is flying through the air and it feels like we're only moments away from victory.

But Kaleb fumbles and the ball hits the ground.

Everything seems to go downhill from there. Lizzie, with all the pent up anger inside her, was bound to punch Dana at some point. I'd hoped she would've done it after the game had cleared and people were leaving but the minute Dana insulted Josie in the high-five line was just too much.

Though I will admit, watching Lizzie punch a Mystic Falls High Timberwolf was satisfying, all the adults were still around. Not to mention that some of the other members from both teams we're very willing to start a brawl in the middle of the football field.

I sighed and watched as the adults tried to pry the students apart from each other, honestly, I'm surprised that this hasn't happened before. I pushed my way through the crowd and pulled Josie out, "No need for you to get a black eye too." I muttered, shooting a mildly concerned look at Lizzie and Dana, both of whom were still fighting on the ground.

"Thanks." Josie gave me a wary smile, turning back to frown at the scene, "My dad isn't going to be happy."

I hummed sympathetically, Dr. Saltzman is probably going to give the whole team some sort of punishment for starting a full-fledged fight with Mystic Falls High. The whole point of this game was to maintain our appearance of 'normality' to the townies, having a punching match definitely won't draw the attention off of our school.

"Come on Jos, we should start heading back." I pulled the brunette twin off the field. Lizzie will get sorted out within the next hour, though that black eye will probably still be there by tomorrow.

I was really lacking inspiration for this chapter but it's finally here!

I'm so sorry about the delay and as a result, I've made this chapter a little longer than the normal ones, hope you like it!

Thank you for reading FOF! See you next week for another chapter ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 98.1K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...