Cookies & Cuffs

By tea_bag_

"You know most people go to clubs or social gathering to find a date, not a fucking prison." 21 year old Melo... More

Authors Note
The Scars Series
I| "Romeo Romero?"
II| "My gay best friend!"
III| "His pregnant fiancé!"
IV| "I got you a friend!"
V| "You're such a pervert,"
VI| "I'm literally in prison,"
VII| "Don't know her,"
VIII| "You broke Rule No. 2!"
IX| "Complete stranger,"
X| Cayden's science experiment
XI|"Regla número 3!"
XII|"Life really is a bitch, huh?"
XIII|"You're a good person,"
XIV|"Who is Cayden Royce?"
XV|"Enjoy my parting gift,"
XVI|"Oh no, my poor James,"
XVII|"Tank who?"
XVIII|"Cookiessss..."
XIX|"Melody, I'm married."
XX|"I thought you left me,"
XXI|"Melody, stop following him!"
XXII|"Mum and dad are fighting,"
XXIII|"Guys, we've got incoming,"
XXIII.2| "Don't say her name,"
XXIV| "What's his name?"
XXV| "Tragic villain backstory,"
XXXVII| "You joined a gang!"
XXVIII| "I thought we were family,"
XXXIX| "It's about to rain."
IX | "The family business,"
Thank You

XXVI|"There goes your rule No.4,"

7.2K 346 125
By tea_bag_

Not edited

Melody

"Hello, earth to Melody?" I could hear Cayden call, but I was still stuck in my daze.

I was still going through my encounter with James, he said he happened to pass by and wanted to stop by for a treat, all a coincidence, apparently.

But what was bothering me was my hearts lack of interest, why was it acting too normal around James when a few months ago it would go crazy with just a smile. Something wasn't adding up.

"Melody?!" Cayden calls again

I sigh and turn to a very confused Cayden, "unfortunately I am still here, please calm down,"

His brows furrow, "wha- you haven't said anything since you got back, just been sat here stuck in a daze. What happened? Are you hurt? Did he say anything?"

Taking a deep breath I decide to finally respond, "it was the kid, the same kid that tricked you. He- he said you're his brother, he did all this just to get Warrens attention and approval,"

Cayden looked taken back, "wait, brother?"

"You didn't know,"

He shakes his head, "there was nothing to link the kid back to Warren. Shit," he curses, hunched over, running his hands through his face, "what did he say?"

I shrug, "nothing much really, he seemed a little lost and confused, I thought I'd at least talk to him, make him understand. And then, he just left, said he needs to figure this out on his own,"

Cayden pauses, slowly turning to look at me with an amused face, "he just went away?" I nod, causing Cayden's lips to slowly perk up, he was trying to hold himself back from laughing.

I stared at him, not even realising that I also unconsciously have a smile on my face, oh no.

"He's just a kid," I try to play off, shrugging.

Cayden still has the smile on his face as he shakes his head at me, "unbelievable," I know right, what am I even doing these days; the first domino was the idea to even visit someone in prison. And now I'm falling in- oh...Flour...

I quickly stand up, "anyways, I'm gonna go clean up." I say, not bothering to wait for a response and running upstairs, straight into my room.

I lean against my door, taking a deep breath. Where did that even come from?

"weirdly sometimes it just all happens unconsciously,"

Darn, you Laura.

I settle on evening my breath out and choosing to not deal with this because in 2 months, he'll be gone. So, instead, I decided to take a nice warm bath and ignore this. Great idea.

.

.

Worst idea ever.

"So what's gonna happen with Warren?" I ask as we both settle in front of the tv.

"I got what I needed and now unless he comes back looking for a fight, it should be quite," he says, pressing play on the remote.

On this episode of catching Cayden up with the movies his missed is; Tangled.

"I thought we were watching Cars? Why is there a girl with glowing hair here?" I hear Cayden question when Rapunzel first appears.

I throw popcorn at him, my eyes glued on the screen, "This is Tangled, Cars is tomorrow. Now concentrate,"

Halfway through, Cayden decides to comment, "you know if the evil mother had just lied about her birthday, all this could have been avoided,"

I roll my eyes at him, "if movies used logic, there would be no movies,"

He shrugs, "but still, if it's meant to be, it'll find another way to be. So, if Rapunzel was to always find out the truth, she'll find it some way or another."

Confused I turn to Cayden, only to find him already staring at me, he looked in a daze, "are we still talking about Tangled?" I ask. This conversation felt way too deep to be about Rapunzel finding out she's a princess.

Cayden looks down, a ghostly smile on his face, "I think we are,"

"Hm, okay," I nod, turning back to the screen, still a little confused. What was that about?

.

.

I quietly made my way downstairs and into the kitchen, dropping onto the stool with a sigh, can't believe I'm having to sneak around my own house.

It's been a week and all I could say is, this ignoring my feelings was starting to feel more like a burden, I feel like I'm walking around with a time bomb taped to my chest, just waiting for the right moment to explode. Boom.

Today I decided to starve myself, going straight to bed, which was clearly a mistake because now my stomach won't let me sleep.

Sighing I get up and open the fridge, pulling out the leftover pasta and warming it in the microwave. They really need to make a night mode for microwaves.

I was about to turn around to grab myself a fork, when a voice startles me, causing me to gasp loudly and flinch;

"What are you-sorry, didn't mean to scare you," Cayden says, I turn around to glare at him, finding him rubbing his eyes as he slots himself on the stool, "what are you doing up so late?"

I walk over to the drawer, grabbing a fork, "I got hungry. Sorry, did I wake you up?" I turn around, my back to Cayden.

"I'm a little sleeper," I hear him say, the same time the microwave dings.

Getting my food out, I walk towards the stool besides Cayden, don't be so obvious.

But clearly I was, "You trying to figure out how to avoid sitting here," he points, completely catching me off guard, erm...

I quickly shake my head and sit beside him, "don't know what you're talking about," not bothering to turn to him, I concentrate on my food.

I hear him sigh, "why have you been avoiding me?" Geez, straight to business, he continues, "did I do something wrong? What happened?"

I shake my head, "no, it's not you." It's me, I've lost my mind.

"Then?" He asks, I slouch while sighing loudly, I think I've got myself stuck in a ditch, Cayden continues, "Melody?"

Taking a deep breath, I decide to just get this weight of my chest, "because...because I think I'm falling in love with you." This is part where I run and jump of a cliff.

I don't dare look up at Cayden, just pushing my food around the container, waiting for the rejection, but instead, I get;

"Wha-Melody," he calls, but my eyes stay glued on the pasta, until I feel cold hands touch the side of my face, turning it to look up at him, Cayden was standing up now and he was closer. Tick. Tick. Tick

He was staring at me with so much admiration as if I just gave him the world. Nah buddy, I just gave you extra baggage.

"Well, there goes your rule No.4," he says lowly with a small smile, "just one problem," he leans closer, just inches from me, lips hovering over mines, "If I kiss you, I don't know if I'll be able to stop." Tick. Tick. Tick

I didn't trust my voice right now instead, I close my eyes, until I feel a soft touch on my lips, barely a brush but, I still felt it ignite my whole body.

Boom.

- Authors Note -

Hi!

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. We'll be saying goodbye to Melody and Cayden soon 🥺

Thank you and love you all,

Stay safe💕

(Can my soulmate just hurry the f up😑)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2M 221K 62
"If you turn your back to me again, you better be bending over, sweetheart." *** Everyone warns you about boys who go looking for troubles, who have...
3.6K 125 42
Adrienne, age 19 might not be the perfect daughter her mother wants her to be. She trains just as hard as her brother but never gets the privilege of...
219K 4.9K 58
What would you do if your life turned to complete and utter shit after just one day? Would you breakdown and pray someone held you together? What if...
8.1M 226K 50
[COMPLETE] [MATURE] ❝Revenge is a bitch, I'll make it my bitch. ❞ Mars Matthews was anything but innocent. She was sarcastic, talkative, some even sa...