The Leader...?

By MetroMina

The 53rd class of Hopes Peak Academy find themselves is quite the situation, when the 77th class blows up par... More

Where it all started...
I Can't Be the Leader
Unlucky
Ultimate Adventurer, Right?
Planning of the Two Sides
Warfare
Paths Cross
Confrontation
Ultimate _______ ______
After All These Years
Truth
A Letter
Weaknesses
Suicide Mission
Claustrophobia
Lie Detector
Ultimate Supreme Leader
Save
Until I Die
It Ends Here
It's... My Turn Now...
The Final Lie
Happy Birthday
ALTERNATE ENDING (NOT CANON I PROMISE)
The Stuff Going On Behind the Scenes (And Extra)
Summary of the Entire Story
Send Off

Succeeded

785 27 34
By MetroMina

Kokichi found himself in the middle of the street, tears running down his face. I know that was the right thing to do, but... Kokichi winced, shuddering. God, that hurt. Seeing Shuichi cry like that again. I hope he'll be okay. Kokichi began walking back to the base, going slowly so that his eyes wouldn't be red by the time he came back. He suppressed his urge to keep crying, forcing his mind to go blank. He walked back, however he had wished he'd made sure that his old friends had escaped. He believed in Shuichi's deduction skills, in that he'd figure out that Kokichi would come to attack them very soon. They're still going to be somewhere around here, especially considering that there are Future Foundation employees with them. Plus, Rantaro never ventured that far away. They'll still be located somewhere in the city.

Kokichi stopped for a moment, sighing. Good. Then Maki or someone will come and end my life. Kokichi winced at the thought, that this story would have to end up with him dead. There was no avoiding it, it would have to happen. He'd dug himself too deep into this grave, he wasn't going to be getting out of it. No one would be able to figure out his situations, not at all. There was no way. If he tried to explain his situation as it is, they'd only determine it as a lie. Even if they did believe him, no one else would, and then he'd be executed by Future Foundation. A pained smile spread across his face. Even if by some miracle that didn't happen, the world would be in turmoil at the fact I'm still alive. Kokichi felt like crying again, but pushed the urge down once again. I don't want to die, but, if it helps everyone, then I guess that's my only choice. Kokichi sighed, and continued walking.

For whatever reason, as he was walking, he began to reflect on the past. I wonder, does Shuichi really mean it now? Since I'm obviously the scum of the Earth, he probably hates me with all his heart. Kokichi sniffed. Don't think about that, it'll just make you cry again. Despite telling himself that, he did anyways.

~~~~~~

It had been quite the normal day, in that it wasn't normal at all. That's just how it worked at Hope's Peak, there was never anything normal going on at that school. However, Kokichi did like that about the school, in it that he himself could be abnormal as well. 

"Good morning, Kokichi." Kokichi turned around, seeing the detective behind.

"Aw, Shuichi, do you love me so much that you had to greet me this early in the morning?" Kokichi teased. Shuichi blushed, shaking his head.

"N-No! I don't think about it that way!" He refuted. Kokichi laughed.

"Are you sure~?" Shuichi sighed, realizing he couldn't win. "Hey, that's no fun! Why aren't you refuting me? That's what a detective does!" Kokichi gasped. "Have you lost your edge, Mr. Detective? Have you truly fallen for a criminal? I can't believe this!" Kokichi laughed. "I know that I'm amazing, but I didn't think I'd be able to steal your heart this easily."

Shuichi covered his face up with his hat. "K-Kokichi... please..."

Kokichi paused. "Oh alrighty. I'll stop, but just for you, 'kay?" Shuichi let out a sigh of relief, the two of them going silent. Kokichi analyzed Shuichi's face for a moment. "Are you okay? You look like you want to tell me something."

Shuichi shook his head. "N-No, not exactly..." He trailed off.

Kokichi frowned. "C'mon, Shuichi! I'm your friend! Can't you tell me what's happening?" Kokichi turned away, glaring at nothing. "I swear, if it's those cowards again I'll beat them up myself this time."

Shuichi startled, shaking his head furiously. "D-Don't do that!" He shouted. Kokichi whipped around, a little astonished at Shuichi's sudden outburst. "T-They aren't terrible people. T-They're right to say that I don't belong here." Shuichi broke eye contact, looking away. "I-I really don't understand how I even got into this school." Shuichi winced. "I really don't deserve to..."

Kokichi groaned. "Oh my god, Shuichi!" He yelled, which grabbed Shuichi's attention quite quickly. "Stop saying that about yourself!" Kokichi pouted. "I mean, there's a reason as to why you were accepted! It's because you have an amazing talent!" Kokichi whipped around, staring Shuichi down. "Could you stop letting those people get to you, and get that through your head?"

Shuichi flinched, stopping in the middle of the sidewalk. Kokichi did the same, waiting for his answer. Shuichi hesitated for an extra second, before nodding his head. "I, um, thank you. I think I needed that." He laughed softly, smiling to himself. "A-Anyways, I'm sorry for dumping that on you."

Kokichi shook his head, smiling himself. "Why are you apologizing?" He asked. "It's fine for you to tell me your issues. I don't care."

Shuichi frowned, tipping the brim of his hat over his face. "S-Sorry..." He mumbled. Kokichi sighed, and snatched the hat off his head. "Ah-"

Kokichi was just about to say something, when he noticed the white bandages wrapped around Shuichi's head. He froze for a moment, before Shuichi grabbed the cap and shoved it back on. It was however, a bit too late, as Kokichi had already seen them. "Shuichi?" Was all Kokichi could get out, before Shuichi ran away. Kokichi stood, stranded in the middle of the sidewalk, confused. Bandages? Did he get a head injury? From what? Kokichi thought for a moment, hastily coming to a conclusion. Really? Them? If it's those three fuckers I swear I'll get an actual gun. Kokichi hadn't noticed them around Shuichi for a long time, but thinking back, he remembered all the times he found Shuichi leaving school late. Not like a few minutes, but somewhere around an hour late. Kokichi had just thought that he had been studying in or something, but that wasn't correct. There wasn't anything to study. Kokichi came up with a plan at that moment. I'll stay back as well. If it's them, then I'll get Shuichi out of it. But whatever happens, I'll be sure to prevent it.

It wasn't really a secret, that Kokichi really cared about Shuichi. After all, he was practically the only other person besides D.I.C.E that had ever been nice to him. Or been his friend at all. He was aware of the fact that the rest of Shuichi's friends did like him as much, but he didn't care. It didn't bother him. Along with that fact, Kokichi was also the only one aware of that group of three who were messing with Shuichi. No, more like bullying. Kokichi thought. Shuichi had decided to not tell anyone, not wanting to hurt anyone in anyways. It upset Kokichi a little, as he was aware that out of all of Shuichi's friends, he was definitely not the right person for Shuichi to be opening up to. I mean, seriously. I'm a liar! As well as an asshole. He knows that, yet he tells all of his personal stuff to me? Kokichi sighed. I really don't understand him sometimes. I guess that's what makes him so interesting. Kokichi grinned to himself, having completely zoned out. Whatever was being taught wasn't exactly all that important anyways. The teacher had pretty much given up on him, and decided that if Kokichi wanted to learn, he'd start listening. But he really didn't need to, because he had the trusty internet at his side! 'Trusty'. Ha, nope. Kokichi thought cheerily. That thing isn't trustworthy at all!

Before he really knew it, the school day was over. It wasn't really important, so he had probably just fallen asleep or something without him realizing. Kokichi stood up and stretched, walking over to Shuichi. "Hey Shuichi, are you going anywhere today?"

Shuichi nodded. "Y-Yeah, I am." Shuichi smiled. "I'm sorry if you wanted to do something with me. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

Kokichi paused for a moment. I can take a pretty good guess what the thing you have to do is. Kokichi smiled. "Well alrighty then! You better not be lying to me, because I'll get really upset if you do!" He then turned away from Shuichi, exiting the classroom and hiding behind a wall. Sorry for being a stalker, Shuichi. But you're not telling me anything, and I don't have too much of a choice. Kokichi waited for Shuichi to exit.

"Hey, Kokichi! What are you doing?" Kokichi grimaced. Great. Dumb 'ol Kaito is going to ruin everything for me. Amazing.

Kokichi groaned. "Aw, c'mon, Kaito! I wanted to jump Shuichi!" He lied.

Kaito looked upset. "What?! You asshole! Why would you do that to Shuichi?!"

"Hey, it'd just be a friendly prank!" Kokichi smiled. "I mean, I just want Shuichi to be prepared in case some criminal will jump out at him in the future! He wants to be a detective, remember idiot?"

"Idiot?!" Kaito shouted, balling his fist. Kokichi peeked over his shoulder, seeing Shuichi exit the classroom. Ah shit. I've royally screwed myself. Kokichi quickly evaded Kaito's punch, running down the hallway.

"Sorry Kaito, but I've gotta go!" Kokichi laughed, as he chased after Shuichi. Kokichi could tell that Kaito would most likely go after him, but Kokichi was pretty sure he was just that tiny bit faster. He'd catch up to Shuichi far before Kaito could catch up with him. And I'll be the one to get to the bottom of this. Kokichi thought, determined. He ran down the hallways, desperately trying to spot the navy-haired detective. He swiveled around, and saw Shuichi rounding a corner, heading towards the exit of the school. Kokichi ran down the hallway, coming to a stop at the corner. He peeked out, and saw Shuichi had already exited. He's a lot faster than I remember. Kokichi thought wistfully. He opened the door, and looked around, seeing Shuichi heading towards the back of the building. Kokichi narrowed his eyes. Something to do? Behind the school? Isn't that suspicious. Kokichi followed after Shuichi discreetly, not bringing attention to himself.

Shuichi went behind the school building, and Kokichi came to a stop. He weighed his options for a moment, before he pressed himself against the wall. He waited, as he heard voices.

"Oh wow, he actually came today? I didn't think such a pussy would come back." Kokichi glared at the ground. Blonde-Bitch. He hadn't bothered to remember a single one of their names, just calling them by their most defining features.

Shuichi spoke next. "I-I..." He could barely keep talking. Kokichi wondered why he had come here, if he had gotten beaten up previously by these people.

"Oh shut up!" There was the sound of a collision, that Kokichi could infer was a punch. He flinched slightly. "Stop stuttering and spit it out!"

Shuichi stayed silent, most likely not knowing what to say. However, Kokichi could practically hear how nervous he was from the other side of this wall. Kokichi didn't quite know what to do, as he didn't have anything on him. His toy gun trick wouldn't work, as that he had confirmed it was fake. There wasn't anything threatening about a fake gun. Sure, he could lie, but he doubted they would just run away. Especially since if it was an actual gun, he couldn't use it without getting major punishment.

"Now he's going silent on us." Kokichi knew that this person as Short-Stack. 

"Well isn't that good? I mean, we won't have to listen to his insufferable ramblings about his boyfriend."

"W-We're not in a relationship like that..." Shuichi mumbled.

"Hm? What'chu say?" Blonde-Bitch asked. "Can't hear you, you gay disaster." Another collision. Kokichi grimaced. Is this really it? Petty, homophobic bullying? Kokichi was still there, trying to determine what to do. He didn't want to embarrass himself, but he didn't want Shuichi to keep getting hurt. "Hey, speak up."

"Oh sure," Kokichi said, appearing in front of the three. He looked at them, confirming them to be Blonde-Bitch, Short-Stack, and Thot. He really couldn't be too creative with his names, because he didn't care about them enough to give them clever nicknames. I'll only give the clever ones to Shumai. "I'll speak up! But I'm assuming you weren't talking about me."

Shuichi's eyes widened. "K-Kokichi?!"

"The hell is he doing here?" Blonde-Bitch shouted. "I thought you said you wouldn't tell anyone!"

"I-I didn't!" Shuichi stuttered. "Kokichi, what are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" Kokichi shot back. "I think I deserve an explanation from someone now. After all, I ended up figuring out something was wrong real quickly, Shuichi." Shuichi went silent, covering his face with his hat. Kokichi stared at Shuichi in dismay, but quickly turned his attention to look at the group of three in front of him. "Tch. I can't believe Shuichi would waste his time on you three."

None of them responded, until Short-Stack turned to Shuichi. "Well, I guess the deal's fully off."

Shuichi flinched, his eyes widening. "What 'deal'?" Kokichi asked, turning to Shuichi. "You made a deal with these fuckers?" The three suddenly advanced on him, Kokichi turning to the group. "Hey, unfair! This is three against one!"

"Who cares about 'fair'?" Blonde-Bitch stated. "You obviously didn't, back then."

"Seriously?" Kokichi laughed. "Are you all still upset at the fact I pointed a gun that shoots Styrofoam bullets at you? Wow, that's even pettier than me."

"K-Kokichi!" Shuichi shouted. "L-Leave, please..."

Kokichi glared. "I'm not doing that."

"Oh, well you should, short stack!" Said Short-Stack.

"Excuse me, we're the exact same height?" Kokichi laughed.

"Shut it, you fraud!" Blonde-Bitch shouted.

"I'm a liar, of course I'm a fraud." Kokichi grinned, realizing what they were doing. They were trying to put him down on his traits, but the issue was that there wasn't one they would be able to insult him with. He was quite aware of all the 'negative' issues he had, and he really didn't care if people insulted him. That was the one thing he was good at, ignoring other people's comments. "You maybe want to try something else? You won't be getting anywhere with these weak-ass insults." Kokichi tapped the bottom of his chin. "Here, let me demonstrated. You should shut your dirty, little whore mouth, you insufferable piece of shit." Kokichi smiled at the Blonde-Bitch, as she flinched. "There, something like that! You need to get creative with your insults."

"As if," Thot stepped up. "You're a terrible leader. You can't do a single thing right, and no one trusts you. You don't deserve your Ultimate."

Kokichi stared at her for a moment, before he burst out laughing. "Omigod, is that really the best you can do?"

Thot smiled. "D.I.C.E is just a group of people who can't do a single thing that can be considered useful." Kokichi immediately went silent. "They're shitty excuses of human beings, that really don't deserve any form of life. They're just petty, frail, irresponsible failures."

Kokichi went silent, his eyes wide. Sure, he was never affect by insults towards him, but towards the people he really, truly cared about... He couldn't quite handle that. Kokichi glared at the bitch in front of him. "You're really gonna cross the line like that...?" Kokichi's voice was shaking with anger. He was barely holding himself back from punching her in the face.

She smiled at him. "Oh, the rat is getting angry at me! Too bad he doesn't have his useless organization to send after me, otherwise I would be so scared!" That was his last straw. Kokichi then promptly punch the girl in the face. She was shocked by the impact, as was everyone else there. She stumbled, as that it was a much stronger impact then she could have anticipated.

"K-Kokichi! Wait! Don't-" Kokichi didn't bother listening, as he instead continued. Whatever had happened next, he could hardly remember. All he knew, was that it ended up with him standing above the group of three, Shuichi staring at him horrified. The three ran away, leaving the two by themselves. How much time has gone by? Kokichi wondered. Probably not that long. After all, the sun's still in the same spot.

Kokichi turned around, crouching down in front of Shuichi. "H-Hey, Shumai..." Shuichi didn't respond, instead he stood up, and turned away. Kokichi's eyes widened, as he stood up as well. "Shuichi...?" Shuichi attempted to walk away, instead falling to the ground. Kokichi flinched and ran towards him, but Shuichi just pushed him back.

"Stay away from me." Shuichi said, standing back up.

Kokichi was shocked. Had he heard that correctly? "W-What?" He stuttered. At that moment, Kaito came running around the building, and completely misinterpreted the situation. Kaito immediately helped Shuichi up.

"What the hell, Kokichi?!" He yelled. "Why did you do this?!"

"N-No, you don't understand!" Kokichi couldn't act like his usual self, fear and anxiety completely controlling him at that moment. "I, Shuichi, can't you tell him?"

Shuichi didn't say anything for a while, instead turning to Kokichi, glaring back at him. "I don't want to talk to you, Kokichi."

Kokichi froze, confusion and betrayal reflected in his eyes. "W-Wha...?" He trailed off, unable to say anything else. Kaito and Shuichi turned around.

"I don't want to talk to you again. I can't," Shuichi sighed. "You'll always be alone, Kokichi." And with that, the two of them left, leaving Kokichi standing by himself. Kokichi stared at where the two had been, before he started crying on the spot. He dropped to the ground, tears dropping all over the concrete, as well as onto his hands. He started hiccuping, and was crying loudly.

"I'm such an idiot!" He screamed out. "Why couldn't I have realized?!" Kokichi coughed, having shuddering breaths. "Shuichi hate's violence! And I just did it right in front of him!" Kokichi stopped talking, as he started bawling, realizing his mistakes all at that moment.

~~~~~~~

Kokichi sighed, finding himself outside the door of the base. God, I hated that. Kokichi thought, as he knocked on the door. I never did figure out what that deal was. That really did suck a lot. Kokichi waited outside the door. Oh well. It's in the past anyways. Plus, I'm way worse now, so what's the point in thinking about that anyways? The door opened up, and Kokichi saw Mahiru at the door. "Hey," He said, a little glumly.

She looked at him oddly. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Kokichi muttered. "Just got rejected by the love of my life, I'm doing just fan-fucking-tastic." He made a small peace sign, as he walked by. Mahiru sighed, closing the door.

"Are you really that sad about something you knew would happen?"

Kokichi immediately switched to his typical chipper mood. "Nope! I'm just lying!" Kokichi would say, that he really didn't want to act happy at that moment, rather wanting to mope like an angsty teenager, but he was going to have to act happy. "It was really fun, actually, seeing the surprised face on my beloved! He looked like he was despairing!" Kokichi grinned slyly. "I made him cry!"

Mahiru smiled. "Really? Well, that's great, isn't it?"

Kokichi nodded. No it wasn't. "It sure was!" He walked into the living room, seeing most of the Despairs there. "Alrighty then, I'm assuming you all are wanting me to tell you what the heck we'll be doing?"

"Yeah." Fuyuhiko said, crossing his arms. "What's your plan for going after your old classmates?"

Kokichi smiled. So they do know that, and are already assuming I want to. "Well, I was thinking that we head over there, and kill the Future Foundation members first."

"Wait, there were Future Foundation members there?" Mahiru asked, leaning on one of the chairs.

"Yup! I overhead Saihara-chan talking about it!" The group looked at him oddly.

"It's his crush or something." Mahiru explained. "Right? I think so, considering how you talk about him."

Kokichi pouted. "Aw, c'mon Mahiru! You can't just do me like that!" Kokichi sighed. "Anyways, yes, Future Foundation. We kill them off first, so that we'll crush any hopes of my old classmates of succeeding against us." Kokichi put his hands on his hips. "Then we can try something fun with the rest of my class! Maki will probably try to kill us, so we can deal with her first." Kokichi waved his hand in a circle. "She's pretty driven, and a little reckless, so I think any of you could easily defeat her. The rest of them, I'm not so sure. We could kidnap them and show them the despair video." The group all nodded collectively.

"Sounds good." Fuyuhiko stated. "Let's go already." Kokichi tensed slightly. Shit. They're leaving now. Please tell me Shuichi acted immediately and got the fuck out of there. 

"Alright then!" Kokichi clapped his hands together. "Let's go then! I promised Shumai that I'd be seeing him again, so I'll be coming with you guys this time!" Kokichi then walked out of the room, the rest of the Ultimate Despairs following after him.

They stayed silent for a majority of the walk, Kokichi humming to himself to push his nerves down. He couldn't show how scared he was, otherwise his cover would be blown. Why has all the stressful stuff been happening all at once? Kokichi wondered. I swear, the world hates me or something.

"Kokichi, how come you're coming with us?" Peko came up next to him. "This is rather uncharacteristic of you."

Kokichi thought about it for a moment, before he smiled. "I dunno, Shuichi really causes me to do some weird things, huh?" Kokichi laughed. "After all, love sure is a weird thing."

Peko hesitated a moment. "So, you do love him?"

Kokichi shrugged. "I dunno! Maybe I was lying!" Kokichi smiled. "But I mean, I really did enjoy the time I had with him. He was entertaining!"

Peko paused for another moment. "He seems nice, from what had happened. He didn't kill you or anything." Kokichi turned to Peko, raising an eyebrow. Peko turned away. "Sorry. I guess that's a little surprising from me. Especially considering what role I play in this."

Kokichi was definitely off put by what Peko had said. Despairs can think like that? Kokichi shrugged. "Huh. Didn't think that you would think of him like that." Kokichi laughed. "I thought you all would think I'm insane for having a crush on someone when I have such a heavy obsession with despair." Peko went silent, but there was the smallest hint of a blush on her face. Kokichi frowned. Does she have a crush on someone or something? He thought about it for a moment. Yeah, she probably has it for Fuyuhiko. She spends a lot of time with him. Kokichi smiled slightly. Who would have thought?

The group eventually made it to the warehouse, and Kokichi stared at the building, a smile plastered onto his face. On the inside, he was freaking out. Please please please tell me Shuichi got everyone out of here. "Righto, we're here!" Kokichi announced, walking to the door. "Now, just so everyone knows, there is a decent chance they might not be here anymore."

"What?" Mahiru spoke up.

"Well, y'see, I couldn't help myself back then," Kokichi grinned. "So, I did break into Shuichi's room. If he connected the dots, he may have realized that we would be coming here."

Mahiru sighed, a smile on her face still. "Really? You were that desperate?"

"What~? I hadn't seen him in a long time!" Kokichi turned to the door. "Anyways, don't get your hopes up! Because it sucks, and we shouldn't think about it." Kokichi then opened the door, and walked inside. The group filed in, as they found a couple of random objects. Kokichi could recognize a couple, as a pair of Kirumi's gloves, a couple of Kaede's music note hairpins, and Shuichi's hat. Kokichi smiled. So he did keep it off. Kokichi picked it up, rubbing the brim a little. Sorry, Shuichi. He then quietly put it down, and exited the room. "Well, as it turns out, I have screwed my plans over, and... they're not here." Kokichi laughed. The Despairs did not seem all too fazed, probably having expected something like this from the beginning. "Huh? You're not upset at me?" Kokichi frowned. "That's weird. I thought you all would throw me in the dumpster and light me on fire for messing this up."

"It's fine," Mahiru sighed. "You're having fun. Plus, if they're gone, then we don't have to deal with them anyways." 

Kokichi nodded. "I guess that's true." Kokichi shrugged. "Welp! Time to go back, I guess! We'll just call this bonding time, I guess!" Kokichi then walked past them, heading out the door. He no longer had to completely fake his happiness, as he was definitely feeling much better. His plan had succeeded, and his old friends had escaped. It looks like it all went the way I needed it to. I succeeded.

A/N Quick question, where and how the FRICK did I get #11 in oumasai? like, this story has consisted of Kokichi being a complete asshole, Shuichi hating Kokichi, and a lot of crying. Where did that happen? I'm so confused. But anyways, I really appreciated you all reading this thing! I was just, really, REALLY bored and decided to write this random story because I had nothing to do. And tbh it is fun, but I still feel a little awkward about is. So, if it isn't too much trouble, I would appreciate it if I could see a couple of your reactions? Through like, comments. Maybe? I want to know if my writing style is entertaining for you people. :) Anyways, thank you for reading, and I hope you have a good day!

Word Count: 4227

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 22 41
[I recommend reading Daughter of Hope first before this...but this can also be read as a stand-alone. I own nothing except the Motono's. Book cover m...
49K 1.3K 15
UNFINISHED!! I got very uninspired LMAO One unsuspecting day, (y/n) is forcefully thrown into a killing game with sixteen other ultimate high school...
8.1K 180 14
It's been a few years since the Killing School Life that took place in the sealed Hope's Peak Academy. The survivors of Class 78 has joined forces wi...
2.7K 48 47
Akira Inoue and 15 other students, who are ultimate students, go to a school known as Hope's Peak Academy. But, they don't know it is going to be a k...