Twists Of Our Life [Jikook]

Autorstwa parkmochimm

Jimin and Jungkook are the happily married ideal couple. To the world they are the best made for each other... Więcej

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (Flashback 1)
Chapter 42 (Flashback 2)
Chapter 43 (Flashback 3)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 4

2K 145 33
Autorstwa parkmochimm

"WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND, JIMIN, HE'S DEAD!"

Alarmingly, the youngest's yell reverberated in the quietude of their house, and it was so intense and loud that it had the smaller's leg shaking in fear.

Silence...

None of them spoke a word after that.

Just the smaller kept his wide-eyed stare glued to the ravenette, the expression on his face resembling something similar to that of a stunned, dumbfounded, and wounded puppy. Though, it seemed like the youngest himself was surprised by his actions. As if he had slipped for a moment.

An excruciating moment of stillness later, Jimin seemed to have come back to his senses. Letting out a shuddery breath, he blinked multiple times in a desperate attempt to keep the streaks of immense gloom back in his eyes. Pressing his lips together, he peered down at the floor, distress and helplessness plastering across the delicacy of his features. Jungkook had never yelled at him before, never even looked at him with such fierce gaze. Jimin was frightened and upset, to say the least.

Taehyung was still quiet, judging it wouldn't be appropriate for him to say a word now. Though, he did not stop himself from looking at the youngest with a disappointed gaze.

It took longer than a minute for the ravenette to think over the consequences of his actions. When his nervous stare met Jimin's fretful figure, an instant wave of regret surged through him. Jungkook didn't mean to shout at him. Who knew it better than him that this has always been a sensitive matter for the three, especially for Jimin? Jungkook couldn't believe himself. How could he get mad at him instead of reassuring him?

Breathing out in dissatisfaction, Jungkook ran the rough of his palms down his face in an attempt to somehow calm himself down. Jimin looked terrified, and Jungkook could only criticize himself for making it worse.

"Minnie.." He whispered, gently grabbing the smaller's arms to pull him towards himself, and once the latter was entirely engulfed in the warmth of his arms, he continued. "I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry. I didn't mean to raise my voice at you like that. It's just– what you said sounded so absurd–  I–"

Before the youngest could spew anything stupid further, Taehyung placed his hand on the latter's shoulder to stop him. He needed to get a grip on himself.

Jungkook hated the regret that slammed through him as soon as Jimin pulled himself out of his grip. The sadness in the latter's brown irises was evident, yet he tried to mask it with a smile, though the two others could tell it was forced out.

"I– It's okay, guys. Maybe you're right. I– I must've misunderstood.." Without glancing at the two, Jimin almost whispered, appearing as if he was trying to ascertain himself.

"Also, Tae, I'm sorry, I bothered you at this hour."

"Chim! Anything related to you or Jungkook is never a bother for me. I'll always be there when you'll need me." Taehyung gently took the smaller's hand in his own and tried to reassure him, though he barely looked convinced. "You should rest, Jimin. You look tired."

Nodding, Jimin slowly stood up and gently pulled Jungkook along. The latter had an apologetic look on his face, the shame on his complexion evident for not being able to comfort him like how he should've. Nudging at his side, Jimin made the youngest look into his eyes before he flashed him a soft smile. "It's okay, I'm okay." He ensured before brushing the taller's back.

Humming softly, the youngest began, "Uh.. It's quite late. Taehyung, please join us for dinner before you leave. I'll order something for us to eat."

"Kook, I.. don't really have an appetite right now. I'll just head to bed." Jimin interjected, already slogging his way to the stairs. Although Jungkook seemed like he wanted to protest, he only sighed and nodded.

It took less than 20 minutes for the food to arrive. The two left in the living room were just as quick to dig in. The tension in the room had begun to subside but that was until Taehyung brought up the topic again. "I hope whatever happened with Jimin was just a misunderstanding." The taller uttered as he slowly played with the food on his plate.

Emitting a scoff, the younger replied, "What do you mean you hope, Tae? We both know that is the only prospect, right? Because.. Because Minho is dead. He can't come back."

"I'm more than aware of that, Jungkook. But, how come out of nowhere Jimin just–  it's– never mind."

"I know what you're trying to say, Taehyung. The very thought of it is terrifying. I can't imagine what Jimin is going through. I just hope he doesn't give it much thought and forgets about it." His worry was apparent in his tone.

"I doubt that. You didn't see the look on his face when I saw him first here. He was a mess,  Kook. I'm worried."

Patting his friend's back, the younger gave him a small assuring smile. "I'll.. I'll talk to him. Don't worry."

Nodding, Taehyung looked back at his plate, the two choosing to continue further in silence. After their dinner, when it was time to leave, the older bid his goodbyes to the younger before stepping out. And although Taehyung wanted to see his best friend before leaving, he presumed Jimin needed rest.

.

Unbeknownst to Taehyung and Jungkook, Jimin was lying on his bed wide awake, the monotonous grey ceiling seeming to have piqued his interest, though only he knew the turmoil in his head.

Jimin couldn't erase his face, no matter how much he tried to imagine something different. Anything else. But, nothing worked, and it was beginning to evoke crystals of frustration in his eyes. Everything was overwhelming him. Why won't Taehyung and Jungkook believe him? The more he thought about it, the more real it felt. But, unlike the two others, Jimin believed them. Maybe.. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding. Maybe he was tired. Jimin needed to sleep, but he couldn't. And it was only a matter of time before his head began throbbing.

When Jungkook entered their room, Jimin's back was facing him. He was relieved to know the latter was asleep. At least that was what he had thought. Voicelessly, he randomly grabbed something comfortable to wear from their closet. He was quick to change, wanting nothing more than to cuddle with his husband and sleep.

When he was done, he slowly slid under the warm quilt before wrapping his arms around the smaller's waist from behind. His action seemed to have startled the latter as if all this time he wasn't aware of Jungkook's presence. He didn't show it though. Jimin only turned around and buried his face in the taller's chest, shifting in his arms to get comfortable.

"You're awake?" The younger questioned, surprised to see him still awake.

"Mm, couldn't sleep." It came out muffled, cheeks squishing against Jungkook's chest as he wrapped his arms around the latter's torso.

Chuckling, Jungkook felt the smaller snuggling closer to him, if that was even possible. Though, he needed to talk with Jimin. Slowly, Jungkook tried to pull back to be able to see his face, but the smaller was quick to whine and he eventually had to decide against it.

"Minnie." He whispered, it's gentle and pleasant, like that of a cold breeze on a beach at night. It did wonders for Jimin, instantly melting him with utmost serenity.

"I know what you must be thinking right now. But, I want you to forget all about it because you and I, we both know it can't be true. There is no way. So, please don't think about it too much. I don't want you overthinking it and falling sick, okay?" His voice was soothing, just like his reassuring words, yet Jimin doubted he would succeed in vacating his thoughts. It was all adding to his heightening headache.

Nonetheless, Jimin peeked up at the taller and flashed a smile, accepting the gentlest kiss on his forehead by the latter.

When morning came, Jungkook was awoken by the beautiful streaks of sunlight, though that only seemed to elicit a throaty groan from him. Looking over to his side, he saw the smaller's fluffy blond hair sprawled all over the pillow but the male wasn't sleeping. He was wide awake and for a moment Jungkook doubted if he had even gotten a wink of sleep

"Good morning, kookie." The smaller groggily mumbled rubbing his eyes as if he was trying to rub off the soreness in his eyes and Jungkook just knew his concern was true.

Propping himself up on his elbows, Jungkook slightly leaned over the smaller to place a feathery kiss on his puffy cheeks. The latter smiled in return, though his action lacked energy.

"Good morning, Minnie baby! How'd you sleep?" The taller inquired, brushing the smaller's blond strands of hair falling over his eyes.

Jimin seemed to contemplate something for a minute before he answered. "Mm, I wouldn't lie to you. I barely got any sleep." He mumbled sadly jutting out his lower lip.

Chuckling, the taller naturally brushed the smaller's ears with his thumb as if he was too used to doing it, and the latter seemed to enjoy it. Jimin's answer didn't surprise him though. "I guessed. I can see these dark circles here." He smiled just as Jimin whined but Jungkook was quick to kiss his closed eyes. 

"Why don't you take a day off today? It'd be good if you take a rest, Minnie, you really seem tired."

Jimin frowned as he opened his eyes to look at the ravenette. "Kookie, you know how I feel about staying home alone doing nothing. I'll get bored easily." He complained.

Shaking his head, Jungkook affectionately stroked the smaller's cheeks, a smile played on his face, appearing to relish these morning moments with his husband. "Okay, if that's what you want. Go take a shower. I'll make breakfast."

Nodding the blond-haired male leaned up to place a quick peck on the taller's slender lips before the two slowly slipped off the comfort of the bed. One ran off in the direction of the kitchen while the other being a giggling mess almost tripped on his way to the bathroom. Nothing new.

Even after it was past the start of their working hours, here they were taking their sweet time while having breakfast. And although Jungkook was a bit concerned about this fact, he didn't want to rush the smaller as he already looked quite exhausted even though the day had only begun. He wished Jimin would listen to him and take a day off, but he knew the latter was stubborn in such matters.

By the time the two finished, Jimin reached more than an hour late. He just knew he would be on the verge of getting fired today. He could already picture an angry growling cat, but somehow, Jimin didn't seem to have the energy to care. He already felt a bit dizzy. The dearth of sleep already showing its effect on him.

Jimin wasn't surprised when he was told to meet his boss– Min yoongi in his office. Sighing, the blond-haired male twisted the office door before quietly walking in. Jimin was quick to drop his gaze to the floor, his complexion extremely apologetic.

"Jimin, what did I say abo–" Frowning, Mr Min stopped his sentence midway as he raked his eyes over the smaller's figure. He looked fatigued. It provoked an instant concern in him for his donsaeng, tone turning soft right the next second. "Jimin, you look tired. Are you okay?"

Surprised by the question, the said male averted his gaze from the floor and peered up at his Hyung, slowly nodding in response.

"You sure? You can take a day off if you want." Concern leaked off his tone, regardless, Jimin only stared at him in a daze as if he was too surprised to speak.

"What? I'm not that cruel to make my employees work when they are not well." The displeasure laced with slight embarrassment was evident in his voice, tone entirely matching the look on his face.

Jimin emitted an awkward chuckle at that, hands moving up to his hair to brush the strands of hair tickling his eyes. "Thank you, sir. I'm alright though, I think I'll manage." He replied, politely declining the offer.

"Alright then, but if you don't feel well later, you can go home."

Nodding, the younger flashed a grateful smile at the Mint haired male. Sometimes he felt really lucky to have his Hyung as his boss. Bowing one last time, the smaller left for his own cabin.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Now it had been barely three hours since his arrival when Jimin heard on his cabin door. Eyes still glued to the file in his hand, he yelled a feeble 'come in.'

"There's a parcel for you, sir." Peering up, he saw the receptionist peeking her head in from the door as if she was too much in a hurry to even step in.

Confused, the blond-haired male knitted his eyebrows together. "Parcel for me? Uh.. Okay?" Holding the same expression, Jimin stood up, following the kind lady who led him to the delivery guy.

Reaching toward the stranger, Jimin took the parcel and fill in all the details of the receiver. Thanking him, the blond-haired male went back to his cabin, the parcel clutched safely in his hand.

Sighing, Jimin sat on his swivelling chair to get comfortable before he began scrutinizing what was sent to him. It was a small brown coloured envelope, but the sender was unknown.

Pursing his lips, he hesitantly opened the envelope and looked inside.

What the......

-to be continued

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

20.4K 1.1K 10
He was craving for to be loved Someone to cherish him Care him Love him Being together and having a family with his love was dream for Jungkook ...
19.5K 800 31
Nobody thought they could help the already broken soul but can the man who has his own secrets help him? •It's top taehyung and bottom jungkook This...
14.7K 668 22
where taehyung is secretly in love with his junior Jungkook who is in relationship with yeonjun who is in relationship with Jungkook only for fame a...
225K 11.3K 45
Sequel to: A Piece of Me (Jinkook) Jungkook and Jin met through a twist of fate. They have deep history together but circumstances caused them to los...