The Two Middles

由 skyyful

She doesn't really fit in with the Nerds, or the Drama kids, or the Artists, or the Sporty crowd either. Is s... 更多

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1: Ready for him?
Chapter 2: As cliche as it sounds, we group-hugged
Chapter 3: Boring, depressing, gross as shit
Chapter 4: Just being a loyal friend
Chapter 5: Think I should make him a Welcome card?
Chapter 6: Seems like my roller coaster only goes up
Chapter 7: Eventually's the new Now
Chapter 8: My heart's a trapeze artist
Chapter 9: And more.
Chapter 10: Happy Dad Day
Chapter 11: The atmosphere's gasoline
Chapter 12: Run, Forrest! Run!
Chapter 13: Guess pedestals aren't for everyone
Chapter 14: Kissing Jaden, Kicking Ian?
Chapter 15: You Can go Step on a Lego
Chapter 16: I'm Yours
Chapter 17: Superman and The Emotionally Unstable Girl
Chapter 18: Let's All Raise Our Eyebrows And Look Stupid
Chapter 21: Refrain from PDA in Front of the Best Friend
Chapter 20: And the Walls Kept Tumbling Down
Chapter 21: I Could Easily Save Olive From the Big Hairy Dude
Chapter 22: I Can Only Please One Person Per Day, And Today, I Choose Me
Chapter 23: I Walked Away Like A Still-Developing-From-An-Ape Human
Chapter 24: Lemme Take A Selfie
Chapter 25: I'm Having A Party with YouTube, and Facebook isn't Invited
Chapter 26: I Don't Just Stop At The Fish
Chapter 27: We'd Sing On The Sidewalk
Chapter 28: And So I Ran
Chapter 30: You're Like An Older Brother
Chapter 31: When One Needs The Other We Walk Like This
Chapter 32: You Would've Passed For A Strawberry
Chapter 33: You Magically Ended Up Eating Each Other's Lips
Chapter 34: Constipation Is The Key To Positivity
Chapter 35: Creepy Perverted Knowledge Imparters
Chapter 36: Passed Pasta For You
Chapter 37: I Don't Bite
Chapter 38: Finally!
Chapter 39: What Makes You Think I'd Be Excited if You Were Gonna Kiss Me?
Epilogue: The Two Middles
The New Book

Chapter 29: Faster Then Flash And Heavier Than Mr. Incredible

5.3K 290 19
由 skyyful

"I cannot, and I mean cannot take this anymore!"

"Cannot take what anymore?" I asked.

"I cannot, and I refuse to see you so sad all the goddamn time!"

"I'm not sad!"

"You think you aren't! You think you're completely over Jaden not talking to you, Aubrey! But you're not! You still have that dejected sense around you at all times. It's bothering you. I know it is, but you need to get over it. Properly."

"And how, exactly do you expect me to do that?"

"Talk to one of his friends and find out what the hell is wrong with him!"

"How will that help, Melody?"

"You'll understand why the hell he's avoiding you, okay? And then you'll be a little more at peace, okay?"

"Calm down, Mel. I'm fine. But if you're so convinced I'm not, I'll talk to Shane."

She nodded, "Good. Honestly, Aubrey, it's been a month since school started. Get it into your brain that he might not talk to you again. And I tell the truth here. I'm not just trying to scare you or anything. "

I smiled, ruffling her hair, "Good to know you care about me."

"Don't make me deal about it."

"Okay," I sang.

She sighed, "So what now?"

"Look," I said. "You may think I'm not happy, and maybe I'm not. But hey, Jaden and I were close, plus I have feelings for him. So, if one day, he suddenly decides to not talk to me anymore, it's disturbing, to a point. I'm still pretty unnerved about it, but I'll talk to Shane, if you think it'll make me a happier person."

"Nice Aubrey," she said, patting my head.

"Crazy Melody," I said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I pride myself for it," she said, sticking her chin out.

I shook my head before going back to the chemicals laid out in front of me. Yeah, we were in Chemistry class. Shane wasn't here, though. He wasn't at school today. 

Melody poked my arm.

"What?" I asked.

She shook her head, smiling, "Jeffery blew up his project again."

***

I have one word: Rain, even though pretty enjoyable, is fucking annoying when you have to walk home from school. Okay, so that was much more than one word, but hey, I'm too drenched to think straight. Plus, who has time to count words when raindrops are falling on your head faster than Flash, and heavier than Mr. Incredible?

Basically, I was walking home again, because Mom had so brilliantly read the weather forcest this morning and blatantly believed it and then taken my car to work. Sunny skies for the next forty-eight hours, my ass. Who ever believes the weather report? Also, Ian had football practice, so he couldn't take me home, like he usually did when I didn't have a car on my hands.

So here I was, desperately wanting to get home, just walking in the rain, with my phone accompanying my books in my not-so-waterproof backpack. I was desperate, yes, but not desperate enough to take the bus. Anything else, and I mean anything else would do. I'd go in a bullock cart if that were the case. But the bullock cart, being a bullock cart, would probably have no roof, so it wouldn't be much help. Sheesh. There's cold, uncomfortable rain pouring down my every inch, and all I can think of is bullock carts. I have succesfully made myself lose faith in humanity. 

Honestly, I'd take anything to get home. Any covered vehicle.

That was when my wish was granted. I didn't appreciate it one bit, though.

A black car pulled up next to me. The window of the passenger side slid down, and I saw the holy face of Jaden. 

Let me rephrase that, fate. Any covered vehicle without Jaden in it.

I almost banged his head on his stupid steering wheel. Almost. He broke my guitar, and obviously didn't give a shit. I hadn't seen him since then. I mean, I'd seen him in the hallways and stuff, but there was no kind of contact. Not even the eye kind. 

It'd been a month since the goddamned Winter Break, and I still hadn't said a word to him.

He peered out at me from the driver's side, "Get in."

I shook my head, "I'm pretty content walking."

"It's pouring."

"So?"

"I'm not going to leave you walking in the rain because you don't have a car."

"Go your own way. I'm okay."

Truth is, that was a lie. A complete and utter lie. Not only was I cold and frustrated because of the rain, but I didn't want him to go his own way, and I wasn't okay. I didn't want him to leave me alone and go wherever his way was, and I wasn't okay with him doing it.

"Cold, is what you are."

"Why, thank you. I didn't realize I was the one being cold."

He narrowed his eyes at me, "I meant because of the rain." He leaned across and opened the passenger side door for me to get it. I stared at the opened door a minute, before opening the door at the back and getting in. In your face, Jaden.

He sighed and shut the passenger side door. And then he started to drive. 

Five minutes. Five minutes is all it took before the car ride so silent it might as well have been woven from the walls of a library with a scary german librarian with a "beauty spot" on her chin. But those five minutes felt like a gazillion hours - almost never-ending and really tiring. The tension in the car was so thick I could almost touch it. My head was trained on looking out the window, determined not to say anything to the guy in front if he wasn't willing to say anything first, which, I could make out, he wasn't.

Then, finally, whjen the car was just going to explode and burn in hell from the tightening tension in it he spoke, "Aubrey, I - "

He said my name. After one whole month, he spoke my name. It sounded...different, coming from him. It had always sounded different coming from him, I had just been too oblivious to notice. 

"Stop," I intervened.

He glanced at me throught the rearview mirror and saw that I was dead serious, "What?"

"Stop the car."

"Just give me a chance to say something!"

"You just passed my house," I explained. "You have to stop the car for me to get out."

He blinked, then looked around him, then pulled over. We were two houses over from mine. Not to lie, I was actually surprised he hadn't noticed passing my house. What was he even thinking about, that he actually forgot to stop? If I were in his place, I'd be counting off the seconds, waiting to rid myself of the uncomfortable-ness in the car. 

I opened the door and hopped out, "Thank you." 

And then I walked back home, ran straight to my room, jumped onto my bed and processed what had just happened. 

I also tried to word out the feeling of wanting to bang Jaden Davis's head on a spiked wall, but wanting to kiss him desperately at the same time. 

____________________________________________________________

A/N: SInce today's a good day and I'm feeling extra happy, I'm giving you guys this update, even though I'd totally thought I wouldn't be updating today. 

I am on a ROLL!

I just want this thing to get sorted between my two favorite characters, is all. 

Plus, I'm on vacation from school, so I really don't have an excuse for NOT posting.

Anyways! Hope you guys had a very amazing Christmas, despite my depressing, horrible updates the day before yesterday! 

Thanks for reading! Love you all! Stay awesome! See ya!

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

348K 9.6K 38
A lot can change in 3 years. Meet Rayna Mitchell. She's fun, outgoing and an absolute lovely person. With her family, group of awesome best friends a...
Ethan Adams 由 dess💫

青少年小說

319K 13.9K 33
Alisa Anderson and Ethan Adams weren't really friends when they were kids. In fact, he used to tease her horribly and made her life a living hell unt...
3.4M 81.7K 35
As her senior year begins, Leah has changed, but no one is sure if it is for the better. According to their loved ones, her relationship with her boy...
209K 4.4K 49
|𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗜 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗕𝗟𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦| Valarie Stone has had her own fair share of heartbreak when she dated Zachary Henderson in the...