Loving Maya

By KatherineKeyz

"You expect me to forget everything?" His voice comes out as a whisper. "To act like it doesn't hurt me to se... More

Drinks and Unwanted Images
Now I'm hearing things.
Nerves And Bathroom Breaks
"You're Maya Banks."
Universe Conspiracies And Day Outs
Arcades And Roommate Talks
Morning Talks And Lunch Dates
"I've missed you."
Not Goodbyes And Old Friends
Coconut Oils And Food Wars
New Roommates And Little Reunions
Memories and Dilemmas
Kisses And Heartbreaks
I'm Not Going To Hurt Max.
First Dates And Second Chances
Plans And A-Games
Flat Tyres And Pretty Priya
"I'm still sleepy."
He's with her now.
Birthday Parties And Weekend Plans
Radio Songs And Neighborhood Walks
Birthday Breakfasts And Midnight Cuddles
Sprains And Middle Names
Accidental Spills
Time And History
Just this moment.
Coffee And Biryani
I love you, Maya Banks.
Dancing In The Rain
Dinner Squabbles And Bad Jokes
Home Not So Sweet Home
Brown Envelopes And Afternoon Naps
"Yeah, what he said."
Lunch And Letters
Lunch And Letters
"What can I get you guys?"
Party Preps And Malls
Stars
Sundays In Centers
"Martha Coleman's letters."
Home
Prisons And Homes On Thanksgiving
200 billion galaxies
Theater And Pizza Dates
Night Clouds In A Paper Bag
Blasts From Our Pasts
"You're supposed to be in hell."
Seattle And Annalise
Dinner With Lilly
The Boy With The Bell
Gift Giving And Bianca's Birthday
Peyton Stories And New Plans
"I used to work for him."
"Who's this slow one?"
I Thought She Was Gone
Another Encounter
"Is that my mother?"
"Love? Stupid love."
Another Crime And Tooth Fairies
Cherry Chapsticks And Mistletoes
"Can I join you kids?"
Fall
Uhm Not An Update

Parties and Good Feelings

13.8K 258 128
By KatherineKeyz

A feeling, woohoo, that tonight's gonna be a good night
That tonight's gonna be a good night
That tonight's gonna be a good, good night
    ~Black Eyed Peas, I gotta feeling.

***

Maya's POV

I finally shut my book, letting my frustrations get the best of me.

What was I thinking trying to study now? Everyone is so excited, there's so much noise.

The dorm is bustling with people. Some are preparing to go home and the others for different parties.

Just then, my door swings open and my roommate appears. She gives me a wide grin which immediately disappears when she notices that I'm sitting at my study desk.

"Maya, no." She groans, closing the door behind her. "Get up."

I roll my eyes and push back my chair before standing up. I walk the short distance to my bed and throw myself on it.

"I meant get up and let's get ready." She chuckles.

"Ready for what?" I lift my head to look at her.

"The party."

"Zoe..." I groan and throw my head back on my pillow.

"Maya," she stands next to the bed and puts her hands on her hips, "it's the end of the semester. C'mon, let's go celebrate."

I sit up on the bed. "I actually have a celebration planned with Bianca, she's coming over and we're going to binge watch romantic movies."

"You two are killing me." She looks up. "You haven't gone out in ages. I'm not even talking about a party, just going out for lunch or dinner."

"I've been busy." I shrug my shoulders. She sits down on the bed.

"Yes but we're all done now. Please, please come to this party." She clasps her hands together and pouts, batting her eyelashes.

I throw my head back and laugh. "I really don't want to go. Besides, I don't have anything to wear."

"Yes you do and I can lend you some clothes."

"I haven't...uh...I need to water my plants." I give her a sheepish smile.

"Maya, don't try me with your lame excuses. I want to spend time with my friend before her parents summon her home."

My parents have not allowed me to spend any school holidays away from home. Ever since, what happened the last time I did, they've been completely averse to the idea. They became so overprotective, sometimes it feels like I'm some sort of a prisoner.

This time around, I was able to convince them otherwise.

"Actually, my plan worked." I state with a grin and she arches a brow.

"Really?" I nod. "Well that's good to know, you spent two days typing that thing."

We both laugh and she stands up. Her phone beeps and she takes it out of the pocket of her dress. She unlocks it and stares at if for a few seconds.

"The party will be fun, it's at one of Max's friends. I'll be back in about half an hour." She grabs the jacket she left on her bed earlier and makes her way out.

"Where are you going?" I ask but she's already out the door.

This is my first year in college and my first semester ends today.

The past year has been very tough for me. I've spent most of my time studying and being involved in as many extracurricular activities as I can manage. I graduated as valedictorian and my friends and I all applied to the same colleges. Unfortunately, only Bianca, Max and I got into the same one.

Shellt decided to take a gap year and went to live with her aunt in Canada. Our relationship has been very rocky and we don't speak as much as we used to.

We fought a lot and even after we kept repairing our relationship, things just haven't felt the same.

Justin is in a different college. We speak all the time and we've been planning to meet up.

My parents didn't want me to go too far. In fact, I had to work on a plan to convince them to let me come and study here. If it were up to them, I would've done an online course, as long as I was still under their roof.

My phone starts ringing and I get off the bed and drag myself to my study table. I sigh when I see the caller ID and answer it.

"Hi, mom." This is the ninth time she's called today.

"Honey, please come home."

"Mom, we spoke about this, please." I cover my face with my hand.

"I know but are you sure?"

"Yes, I am. I've lived here for months and haven't seen the city. I want to spend time with my friends and explore this beautiful place." I walk over to my window and look out.

"What if something happens?"

"Mom, no one is going to be walking around with a gun, ready to shoot me." I regret the words immediately.

I was in the hospital for two months; almost spent my entire summer there. It was a horrible time for my parents, especially my mom. She lost a lot of mass, almost lost her job and some of her friends.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"I know, honey." She clears her throat. "Your father is right, we can't hold you hostage."

"Yes, he's right."

"Also, Lilly and Brian are coming over there for business so that helps me worry less."

"They are? That's great." I smile.

I haven't seen Lilly in ages. She recently went to South Africa with Brian to meet his family. They're engaged now.

"May, I have to go. I love you."

"I love you too, mom."

We say our goodbyes and I hang up.

***

An hour later, Zoe walks back into the room. I'm on my phone, randomly scrolling through pinterest.

"Where were you?" I ask, sitting up on the bed.

"Work, Caitlyn is hosting a birthday dinner so she needed my help." She shrugs out of her blue jacket.

I nod. "Are we still going to the party."

"Yes," she grins and I pout and fold my arms, "I spoke to Max earlier on and he was happy to find out you're coming."

I see the playful smile on her face and roll my eyes.

"I still ship you two." She says.

"We're just friends. How many times do I have to tell you that?" I throw my hands in the air.

She chuckles, "I know, I know."

She walks over to our shared closet and opens it.

"I haven't seen you in a dress in ages, I think you should wear one."

"I don't even think I'm going to stay there long, don't bother yourself putting in any effort trying to dress me up."

"Nonsense," she waves her hand dismissively, "I'm totally getting you all dolled up."

I roll my eyes. "Is Bianca going? I'm sure she just wants to spend time indoors like we had planned."

"I spoke to her and she said she's down for it if you are. So yes, she is going."

I look up. Who have I wronged?

"What about this one?" Zoe turns around, holding up one of my dresses.

I look at the sleeveless black wrap dress with tiny blue flowers on it. I didn't even remember I brought that.

"Sure." I shrug.

"I have some turquoise wedges that should go with this." Zoe grins and nods excitedly.

"This is going to be great." She squeals.

"I highly doubt that." I say flatly.

"I really have a good feeling about tonight's party."

"You have a good feeling about every party, Zo." We both laugh and she continues going through our clothes.

I throw my head back on the pillow and close my eyes.

The first chapter in our babies' second chance😊😊. I am so excited about this book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 275 54
His blue grey eyes were glued to my brown eyes. "Tell me you don't hate me." He ordered me. "I hate you Mason." "No you don't." "Yes i do." He was t...
86.8K 1.2K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
90.6K 4.6K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...
214K 2.7K 49
Four years. That's how long it has been since Sebastian saw his best friend's sister Maya. She was the sweetest seventeen year old girl you probably...