Love Is Hard

By eniola_writes

"why can't you just stop pushing me?" I asked him. I was damn fraustated , leading me on and then pushing me... More

Author's note
cast
💔1💔
💔2💔
💔3💔
💔4💔
💔5💔
💔6💔
💔7💔
💔8💔
💔9💔
💔11💔
💔12💔
💔13💔
💔14💔
💔15💔
💔16💔
💔17💔
💔18💔
💔💔19
💔20💔
💔21💔
💔22💔
💔23💔
💔24💔
💔25💔
💔26💔
💔27💔
💔28💔
💔29💔
💔30💔
💔31💔
💔32💔
💔33💔
💔34💔
💔35💔
💔36💔
💔37💔
💔38💔
💔39💔
💔40💔
41
42
💔43💔
💔44💔
💔45💔
💔46💔
💔47💔
💔48💔
💔49💔
💔50💔
AUTHOR'S NOTE
💔51💔
💔52💔
💔53💔
💔54💔
💔55💔
💔56💔
💔57💔
💔58💔 {end of part I}
author's / appreciation's note
prologue 2
💔59💔
💔60💔
💔61💔
💔62💔
💔63💔
💔64💔
💔65💔
💔66💔
💔67💔
💔68💔
ANNOUNCEMENT

💔10💔 (1st heartbreak.)

1.4K 370 62
By eniola_writes

Hii ppl,
So what's the heartbreak about?

This chapter is dedicated to jemie001 , thanks for your votes and following my books .
The upcoming book in this chapter is...
The contract byOyinkan_05.

Thank y'all.

MERCY'S POV

We walked outside , meeting the crowd of people who were buying tickets.

I looked down at my hand which was still held in his , it was making my heart beat so loud and fast.

He held my hand and we walked to the counter , he bought another ticket for the conjuring.

"Are you sure you can watch it?" He asked stopping on his tracks and looking at me. I looked at our hands and he followed my gaze.

He quickly dropped it and it fell back to my side , I shouldn't have looked  , what's wrong with me and now I'll watch a horror movie in a cinema. May God help me.

"I'm good , I'm not scared of any horror film at all." I said back making him raise an eyebrow as we walked into the theater.

"Why can't I believe you on that." He asked with a chuckle

"Well because you don't want to." I answered back. We sat at the middle rows , can I do this? I asked myself and I heard my subconscious say , "fighting babe.' ' thanks.' I replied back and faced the screen.

The movie has not yet started so everyone was  still settling down.

"So how has the last two weeks been for you?" I asked Hakeem turning to look at him.

He dropped his phone ,

"It was somehow and busy. I was learning how to settle in. Am sure next year can't be as stressful as this one." He said ,

"Amen." I muttered,

"So what about you?" He asked,

"It's stressful oo and why do all those lecturers talk fast like that. You will be struggling to write note and also to listen to the explanation.  I swear it's not easy." I said back making him pat my back with a chuckle.

"Sorry , we'll cope." He said making me smile , he was really warming up to me , but why?

"So why aeronautic engineer?" I asked him making him look up and scratch his chin as if he had beards.

"My dad's company is all about it and am the heir so I got to know everything about it." He said back and quickly added , "so why photography?"

"I love taking pictures , capturing moments."

"So can I see one or two?"

"They're at home. I'll show you." I said with a grin .

The lights were switched off and I turned to have a better view of the screen.

Even the opening pictures sef looked scary . I grabbed a handful of popcorn and stuffed it in my mouth .

This one is conjuring one so I guess there is a two too.

I turned to look at Hakeem and he seemed so focused on it , how can someone just like horror movies , for what?

The sound was loud , the pictures looked real like they will come out from the screen and I was a minute away from losing my cool.

The wardrobe in the little girl's room kept on opening and closing and am sure another ghost was in there. When she walked there to open it I screamed and held Hakeem's jacket tight .

"No ooo!" I shouted attracting stares from people sitting at my front. A lady was even eyeing me , ahah all because of what oo?

So I eyes her back and even hissed making her face her front.

**†**

"I asked you several times that can you watch it and you said yes." Hakeem said as we walked out of the theatre . I even pitied his jacket. I was dragging it so hard.

"I did not know that it will be as scary as that na." I said back defending myself.

"Ahh forget it , let's go to that restaurant we ate before"

"What about the rest?" I asked,

"They left , their movie finished before ours." They left? Leaving us alone again.

"Okay let's go." I said.

We walked to the restaurant and sat down on the booth beside the window.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked ,

"Fired rice and chicken or let's go together." I said standing up , he raised his hand stopping my movement.

"Sit down . I'll be back soon." He said and walked to the counter. Minutes later he was back and the waiters served us our food.

......

I rubbed my bare stomach as I rested my back.  I was full , and if you guys are concerned about my belly in a crop top and proud to say that I have a really flat stomach.

I heard Keem chuckle  ,

"Thank you , for the late lunch." I said with a smile .

"My pleasure. ". He said back and sipped his coaca cola.

"So...... What should we do next?" I asked after five minutes of silence.

"I don't know." He said back his eyes on his phone. I really feel like throwing that phone,

" should go back home?" I asked ,

"No .... Not yet. " He said immediately ,

"Uhm...why?" I asked back confused. I was really tired and now I really felt like sleeping, in my bed.

"Cause it's fun."

"If silence is fun for you then okay it is but right now it isn't."

"Okay... Okay... So what do you want to do?"

"Okay let's ask questions about one another ."I said back.

He dropped his phone on the table and immediately it started ringing.

See that phone is jealous ,

He looked at the screen and sighed before picking it,

"Hello.., we're still there.... Okay.... Fine we'll leave now..... It worked she'll probably leave me alone now.. yeah thanks bro." He said and cut the call.

"Maybe we can do the game later . Let's get going now." He said with a smile as he stood up.

I stood up too and we both walked out of the restaurant  after paying. I decided that we should share the money in half which he opposed too and later paid for everything.

"So are you ordering Uber?" I asked ,

"No .... They all left in Gori's venza so I collected Mide's key." He explained.

"Oh okay." I said back , thank God for that , less stress.

We entered the car and he drove out of the parking lot and started driving towards my apartment.

Something wasn't right , I could smell it , but I was  tired so I slept off.

"Mercy. . wake up.    Mercy ." I felt someone say followed by a poke.

I shifted in my seat and turned slowly opening my eyes I realized how close he was to me. He was too close that if I shift any inch closer our nose will be touching.

He looked at me and his eyes were checking my face before lingering on my lips , he shifted back suddenly and opened the door . I picked my clutch purse and stepped out too.

Why was he looking at me like that, was the bad boy falling for me , I asked and the annoying girl inside me started squealing almost making me join her .

It was really awkward now ,

"You should get going now right?" I asked him cause he was standing in front of the gate and wasn't making any move back to his car .

"No ... I'm really uhm....  thirsty and we finished the bottle water ." He explained making me nod.

"Okay then ... Let's go." I said back and opened the gate.

We both entered inside , thank God there was light. We both climbed the staircase , when we got to the door I opened it and stepped in.

The light was on so that means Trisha was in  the sitting room.

"Am back. " I said and I heard grunts in response. I looked at Hakeem and he just had a blank expression on his face. But I kept on asking myself why Trisha was so angry.

I told him to follow me to the kitchen,

"So do you know why they're so angry?" I asked as I opened the fridge , I pulled out a bottle water and passed it to him.

He shrugged in response ,"well maybe because you left with me  ."

"Wow." I heard someone say from the entrance. I turned and saw Eniola standing there with a blood shot eyes and a very hard glare , that if glares could kill I would have been six feet under.

I shifted back when I noticed a smirk on Hakeem's face.

What was happening?

"You ... Why did you do this?" Eniola said with a light voice. Making me turn to Hakeem,

"Nothing." He said that sickening smirk still on his face.

"Just say the truth." Lim said too with a Stern look.

Kilode bayi oo!

"Fine , I needed  you to get my point okay? , I told you several times that I don't like you back, I can't like you back. It's simple Eni. But you didn't get it so I used Mercy to make you see my point."

Wait so all the movie talks , the small talks , the late lunch, the smile, the grin, the laugh , the honest answers , it was all fake?!

Ghenghen
Fire on the mountain ...

Thanks for making this book close to 1k
You guys are the best!!!!

So comment, vote and share to your friends.

Love y'all and don't be too pissed at Hakeem, he's a bad boy na.

Eniola 💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 1.9K 46
"Roses are dead, violets are dying; outside I'm smiling but inside I'm crying" "Conceal, don't feel, put on a show Make one wrong move and everyone w...
6.5K 1.7K 43
My words vanished the moment I locked gazes with the girl in question. I looked down at the book in my hand. Fenix Alade was written boldy on the fro...
85.6K 13.4K 52
" Idara it's not like that , let me explain . " He said begging her again but she had made up her mind. "Look everything and everyone is saying it's...
170K 18.9K 34
Meet Zarah,a 19 years old quiet nerdy girl who just got admitted into Bayero university kano to study medicine 😁 what happens when an encounter cha...