A Brother's Treasure • A Casp...

By atruenarnian

||A different Caspian & Sister story|| What will happen if Caspian has to leave his sister, his precious trea... More

Characters
Author's Note
Chapter 1 ||Caspian and Cerlesta||
Chapter 2 ||Tea and News||
Chapter 3 ||A Departure||
Chapter 4 ||A Sad Birthday||
Chapter 5 ||Existence Of A Fairytale||
Chapter 6 ||Five Strangers||
Chapter 7 ||The Shocking Truth||
Chapter 8 ||News about Caspian||
Chapter 9 ||A Night Raid Plan||
Chapter 10 ||Brother To The Rescue||
Chapter 12 ||The White Witch||
Chapter 13 ||The Staff||
Christmas Gift
Chapter 14 ||Late Birthday Gift||
WANT A FREE EBOOK COPY OF MY DEBUT NOVEL COMING TO AMAZON?

Chapter 11 ||The Night Attack||

2.1K 44 3
By atruenarnian

They reached down at the stables. Cerlesta and Cornelius made their way to the gate that led to outside, to the castle courtyard.

"Wait, where are you going, Cery?" asked the Professor, seeing her opening the gate.

"Nowhere, just to peek." She whispered, peeking through the narrow gap of gate.

"They are up to an attack," inhaled the Professor. Cerlesta looked back at him and walked over to him.

"Yes," she sighed, "And that's what worries me, about Caspian."

"Your brother is already a knight even though he yet needs to be knighted. He'll be fine." Professor assured. She nodded with a shaky breath.

"Is he..um, going to kill uncle?" she asked nervously.

"Ey, he won't do that, will he? I don't think so." Professor shrugged. Cerlesta hummed in response.

Suddenly, startling them, there came this sound of bell ringing.

"Oh no!" cried Cerlesta, covering her mouth in horror.
"That's the alarm! They are in danger!" her heart raced and she began breathing heavily.

She heard men shouting and running alerted,

"We're under attack!"

"Sound the alarm!"

"Men, Grab your bows!"

"We have to do something! Cas is in danger!" she cried and turned towards the gate.

Professor grabbed her arm, "You can't go there, Cery, that's even more dangerous." He stopped her.

"I don't care! My brother is in danger! I have to get him! We can't just stand here simply, well I can't!" she cried.

"Cery listen, what can you do to save him from whatever the danger is?" he asked calmly.

She stopped struggling, tears fell down from her eyes, "Maybe I can't save him but I don't want to live in this world without him. I want to be with him, if something happens to him, I want it to happen to me too. I..." she trailed off.

Professor embraced her, "Nothing will happen to him, Cer -"

"How can you say that in this horrible time while -" Cerlesta started, stopping as she heard a male voice yell.

"Now, Ed! Now! Signal the troops!" She gasped and looked towards the gate. She freed her arm from Professors grip and ran towards it.

"Cerlesta!" he called behind her. He thought she's going to the courtyard but she stopped at the gate and took a look through the gap.

"He sounds like... High King Peter!!" she whispered.

"Can you see anything?" asked Professor from behind.

"No one yet, only..." she stopped as her ear caught the clashing of the metals. She panicked. She could also hear some others' voices, footsteps and metal clashing.

"I can hear the gate opening!" she said.

Roars of men got nearer,

"Take your position!"

"We're under attack!"

Roars increased, included with howls and noises of animals.

"Narnians." She breathed.

"What?" asked the professor.

"Narnian troops! They've...they've come." She said.

"FOR NARNIA!" They heard a male voice yelling with power. Cerlesta's heart leaped at those words.

The next thing was unbearable for her; the cries, metal clashing, sounds of peopled falling.....
She could hear it all around her and even above.

Suddenly, "Caspian! That's Caspian's voice!" Cerlesta exclaimed, recognizing her brother's voice.

"Cery, we better move from here, from near to the gate." Said Professor.

"But Caspian..."

"Come, we must not be seen, Caspian will come." He said and grabbed her along with him.

"Archers! Pick a target! Take aim! " she heard.

"Oh no! It's going worse!" she cried. She heard many high falling voices, what alerted her was,

"The gate! They're closing it!" She thought it's all over now, the gate being closed means Narnians will trapped here. She expected to hear the great *thud* voice of the iron gate falling shut, but it didn't happen.

"The gate hasn't closed." Professor whispered. Cerlesta listened carefully, 'He's right, the gate isn't closed yet. Maybe I was mistaken?' She thought.

"Fall back!" they heard a male voice shouting. Cerlesta recognized the voice, it was Peter's.

Suddenly, starling them, the stable gate burst open and someone entered shouting, "Cerlesta!"

"Caspian!" she shouted back and ran to him and hugged, "Are you alright?" she asked as they quickly parted from the hug.

"Yes. Are you?" he asked.

"I am, now." She replied.

He gives a small kiss on her head, "Good! We need to go now, where's Destrier?" asked Caspian.

"Here, come on." She said grabbing his arm and led him to his horse.

"A minotaur is holding the gate from being close. He may not be able to hold it longer; we need to hurry." He said.

"A minotaur? They're real too?" she asked.

"Yes, and there's more." He smiled. Destrier smelled Caspian's scent and neighed, squealing with joy. Caspian wasted no time; he saddled up Dest and another two horses; one for professor and one for Peter.

"What about King Edmund and Queen Susan? They need horses too, don't they?" asked Cerlesta to her brother.

"Edmund has a Griffin for him, and Susan can ride with Peter; the way through woods are risky at dark." He answered.

"Then what about me? Shouldn't we saddle Restriel too?" she asked.

"No, I told you, the way through woods are risky at dark; so you're riding with me." He explained and hopped onto his horse. He lend his hand to his sister, she smiled and took it. After the Professor also got on to his horse, Caspian led Destrier towards the gate; his one hand held the reigns of Peter's horse.

Destrier rode forth and hit the door burst open. Cerlesta wrapped her arms around Caspian, her eyes quickly examined the view around her.

It was a mess!

Professor was right behind them, Caspian rode forth looking up and stopped. Cerlesta looked up to see what he is looking at.

A shiver shot down her spine as she saw her uncle on his balcony. His eyes caught her sight and clenched his jaw. She gulped at his look and tightened her arms around her brother. General Glozelle was standing beside him with a crossbow in his hand and other one rose as some sort of signal/sign.

She saw Miraz quickly turn to him as soon as he sensed their escape and saying something.

As soon as Caspian saw this, he rode forth towards the gate. Cerlesta's eyes searched for Peter and caught him running towards them,

"Draw back! Get out! Retreat!" he shouted to his troops.

Caspian let go of the reigns after making sure Peter caught the horse.

While running, Peter managed to get on the horse and successfully did.

They heard Miraz giving order to the archers, "Now!" Soon arrows came flying beside them.

"Caspian!" Cerlesta cried in fear.

"Hold on tight." said Caspian and looked back to make sure Peter got on to his horse back. Many Narnians were rushing with them towards the gate.

Cerlesta gasped in horror as some arrows hit the minotaur, still he held it for them.

"Lower your head Cery!" Caspian called out to her.

As they reached the gate, the minotaur held it a bit high for them to pass. Cerlesta lowered her head as her brother did. They passed the gate, professor and Peter was right behind them.

A loud *thud* sound came from the gate behind followed by frowning sounds of people.

Caspian stopped the horse once they passed the bridge and got on the other side with the Narnians and turned.

The sight, shocked them, Cerlesta gasped, tears streamed out of her eyes. The minotaur who held the gate, lost his strength and fell down. And the gate...the gate shut close upon him.
Many Narnians were trapped inside.

She looked at Peter (who hasn't yet passed the bridge) who's face look like he's going to cry. It's was a helpless situation, guilt was seen on his face. He looked at them and back at his sister Susan on Glenstorm's back.

"Run for your life! Save yourself!" The trapped Narnians cried.

Those words really hit the bottom of their hearts. 'They are so loyal' thought Cerlesta.

Arrows were continually firing at them and in front of their eyes, many Narnians fell to death. Glenstorm hung his head down, his son was among the trapped Narnians there.

Peter looked at Susan again and back at his people who have now trapped in hands of the enemy. His eyes filled with sorry for them, he wasn't willing to leave his people behind to die. Yes, if he had any possible chance, he would have helped them without even caring for his life. That's who he is.

His heart shuttered into pieces as they turned from the gate to face death. The arrows killed most of them. Suddenly Caspian noticed the bridge lifting up to close.

"Peter! The bridge!" he called out. Peter looked back at them for one last time and rode forth. The bridge had lifted from the land. Cerlesta held her breath and watched with wide eyes. Peter's horse jumped and landed safely on the other side and rode towards the others.

"Leave us! Go brothers!... In the name of Aslan!" they heard their trapped fellows calling out to them as the bridge closed.

Cerlesta's heart melted at the mention of the name of Aslan. Caspian turned Destrier to the path they are to go. Glenstorm took off before him and then he followed. Peter was right behind them.

His grief turned into anger.

.....

Cerlesta rested her head on Caspian's back, pinning herself to him to stay warm, safe and comfortable.

Behind she heard a great flapping/buzzing sound in the air. It got nearer and near very fast and at last passing above her head. She looked up and was surprised at the sight. It was a big, very big bird.

'A Griffin' ,she recognized. It flew from above them and that's when she noticed someone was on the Griffin's back. 'King Edmund!' she remembered what Caspian told her.

She saw his head turning back to their direction. Before turning away, his eyes caught her on Caspian's back, he smiled but Cerlesta didn't see it because of the dark and also he was a bit ahead by that time.

She was wide awake at the time, "Where are we going?" she asked to her brother, drawing her mouth near to his left ear, to make sure she could keep her voice low.

"To Aslan's How." He replied.

"Where's that? Too far from here?" she asked.

"Remember the Stone Table where the white which killed Aslan?" he asked.

"Yes,"

"It's now known as 'Aslan's How' along with the field where Aslan gathered army for battle against the witch. And yes, it's very far from here." He said. There was a silence between them for next some moments.

Until Cerlesta asked softly, "The plan..it didn't work, right?"

Caspian sighed, "Yes, it didn't." he said.

"What happened?" she asked and at the time Peter covered them. Now they were the last ones.

"Let's just leave it now." He said softly. Cerlesta sighed.

"I didn't mean to worry you, you know? I just can't now, I'll tell you later." He said, giving a slight squeeze to her arm around him.

"I know, that's alright." She said. She lifted her head and took a look around and her eyes landed on Caspian's left forearm where she noticed his sleeve torn, pierced.

"Cas, what happened to your dress sleeve?" She asked and slightly touched there. She gasped slightly and pulled her hand back quickly as he winced at her touch.

"Did that hurt? What happened?" she asked.

"Um..will you believe if I say, our...aunt fired at me?" he asked smirking.

"WHAT?"

"Will you believe or not?" he asked.

"You know I will!" she said.

"Yeah, I know but just asking because you'll never imagine that of our aunt."

"CASPIAN! You're thinking I stand on their side instead of yours? You're unbelievable!" she hissed in frustration.

"I wish if I could see your face now." He said.

"How can you be funny like this while we are running away, failing the fight?"

"I'm not being funny Cery. If you feel so bad about the fight, you can guess how much do I feel. Your face just make me feel better." He said softly.

"I'm sorry, Cas." She said.

"No need to apologize, I know, you thought I'm using my constant teasing words to calm you down." He said, slightly chuckling at a memory.

She chuckled with him at the same memory, "Exactly! Now tell me what happened." She said.

"Aunt shot at me,"

"Purposely? How could she? What made her do that?" she asked.

"When it comes to her husband and own son, we are nothing to her, Cery. Even you." He said.

"I can understand that but I don't get it. Are you missing any point? Of some reason?" she asked.

"Maybe it's better if I tell you later, once we reach there." He said.

"Seriously? My brother got shot by my aunt whom I considered as a mother and I have to wait to know why?" she asked.

Caspian sighed in frustration, "Cery I know you can't wait since I told you aunt shot me -"

"Because you couldn't lie when I asked you what happened to your forearm, I know. But that deosn't make any sense here, does it?" she argued

"Will you let me finish?"

"Sorry, go on,"

"Well partly, you said what I was going to say. How on earth you possibly read my mind? (She chuckled in response) Now listen, the reason is so very important and so we can't discuss it now, please Cery." He said.

"Fine, but better remember that you owe me a lot to explain." She said.

"Thanks sweetheart, I'll keep it in mind. If you feel sleepy -"

"I'm not feeling slee -" a yawn escaped from her mouth, cutting off her own words.

"Are you sure?" Caspian asked amused, laughing lightly.

"Now it seems not." She chuckled and rested her head to Caspian's back.

"Grip me tightly, so you won't lose your seating balance and try to remember that you're on a horse back with me ridding and not on your bed." He said.

"Hey!" Cerlesta exclaimed and squeezed him.

"Good night, sunshine."

"Sun hasn't risen yet, Cas." She teased sleepily.

"You're my sweet daily sunshine even if sun refuses to rise." He said, adding sarcasm at last bit.

She smiled and cuddled him more closely, squeezing him once more in response to what he said.

She fell asleep, though not well.

Hello everyone! How are you all doing? I highly hope you're fine and safe. Me too, by GOD'S grace.

Sorry for the cliffhanger 😂😂
I thought I should publish this chapter once my other story is done with its publishing. So I can inform you.

Speaking about the other story, Guess what?!

I've published my new Narnian Sibling story!! Don't forget to try that one, please?? You can find it in my profile.

And by the way, Don't forget to read my sister daughter_of_aslan_ 's story from this same series.

Love you all. Thank you so much for your support! Will you be supporting my new story too?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.1K 2K 29
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
91.9K 1.3K 48
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
186K 1K 190
Mature content
261K 7.5K 131
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."