The Lost Boy IV - The Hidden...

Bởi Stenna15

Three years after becoming the clan's new chief, Hiccup has turned Berk into a haven for vikings and dragons... Xem Thêm

01 - Raid in the dark
02 - Busy, busy Berk
04 - Back around
05 - Threat on the clan
06 - Exodus
07 - Night surprise
08- Preventive strike
09 - Failed mission
10 - What is at stake
11 - Two days later
12 - The Hidden World
13 - Protector or captor
14 - New rules
15 - A chief protects his own
16 - Gathering
17 - For a child
18 - Endgame
19 - Battle of the clans, part 1
20 - Battle of the clans, part 2
21 - For my family
22 - New Berk

03 - The trappers' plan

1.2K 34 35
Bởi Stenna15

Far away from Berk, on a gloomy island surrounded by war ships, covered in ruins and hiding in its depth a whole base ; a barge had just docked, depositing a bunch of men who were particularily troubled.

Those posted near the entrance of the base readied to 'welcome' the intruders, before recognizing them as their own. Those who entered were only three, and they were arguing to know who was going to talk. None of them wanted to be the one to report. When they entered in the basis, in the shape of a large arena where other trappers were moving cages full of captive dragons, they felt even less brave. At the back of the arena stood a more private room, separated by a few steps. There were a group of people gathered around a map, spread on a wooden table. It was their leader with his three sidekicks.

The men from the last convoy that had been attacked by the dragon riders were coming to report to their superiors, but their loss was never some news that man was taking easily.

''Sir ?'' The braver of the three hesitated.

''What is the report ?'' The man dressed in black asked.

He was not pretty bulky, but rather tall. Some could call him slender, but he still was dreadful in battle. When he was not wearing his armor, he was always dressed in black. He used to move slowly, almost solemnly, and was always talking softly and calmly, which was more threatening than anything. Noone knew when he was angry, noone knew if he was going to forgive them or punish them.

Around him were standing his three mates. Two men and a woman, all of them dreadful in combat, as we could expect it from the ones that called themselves war-lords.

They were three, these war-lords. Ragnar was an infamous viking with facial hair redder than anyone they had ever seen, always dressed in blue and golden leather armor, showing off the armorial bearing of his viking clan. Chaghatai Khan, the other man, was almost as tall but a bit less muscular, dressed in red and bronze armor. The design of his armor and his face showed his asian origins. Then there was Ack, a bulky and grumpy woman. She was wearing brown and white, silver-like armor and white fur. She came from the northern territories but noone knew from where exactly. No one really knew anything about her, actually.

But wrost of all was not the mates, it was the dragons. Since they had been captured two years prior and trained his way, the leader was always keeping two out of the six close to him, like an escort.

They were not really tall, smaller than Night Furies, but they had large wings and a long thin tail with a rounded shape at the end, hiding a venomous sting. They had also retractacle tusks, sharp horns on the back that almost looked like an armor, and some excrescence on their front legs, which reminded more of a scorpio, as sharp as Deadly Nadder's spikes.

The trappers knew theses dragons, they were Deathgrippers. They were mostly known thanks to their venom, it was driving their victims crazy, it was also said that this venom could be used to mentally control said victims.

Silence from the new incomers unerved the very-little-patient Ack, but she dared not to talk instead of the one they all called 'Sir' and General.

''Well, talk.'' Said man asked with calm.

Even if he was listening, he was not looking at them, still turning his back on them, bent over the map. The trappers were shaking, sweating, not daring to imagine how he was going to react to their failure.

However, their silence seemed talkative enough. Without moving nor straightening, still turning his back on them, he snapped his fingers and pointed the ground next to him, silently ordering them to come closer.

The two behind pushed the first trapper, as scared as them, forcing him to go while they kept a safety distance. When he found himself next to still-not-looking-at-him general, he swallowed hard but couldn't find his words.

''How many loss ?'' The general inquired.

''U-Up to f-fifteen dragons, Sir...''

''Any damages on the ship ?''

''N-No Sir...''

''Where were you when they attacked ?''

''E-East strait, Sir.''

''Have you seen which way they left to ?''

''Y-Yes, Sir. To the north, Sir.''

The way he was asking the questions while making marks on the map was cold and methodical. The trapper remained beside him, still hesitant, playing nervously with his fingers while wondering what his punishment was going to be. The general was not known to be merciful, et he used to not care about the messenger.

Worried, the trapper looked at the general's hand, which was still moving on the map. He had marked the east-strait with a dark cross and was tracing a line towards the north, up to an island which was already connected to other attacks with lines. The general sighed and pinched his nose bridge.

''Berk. Again.''

''What do we do, Kosmozis ?'' Ragnar asked with hesitation.

''We have to attack them !'' Ack claimed while punching the table. ''These dragon riders are making fun of us for too long !''

''Their chief is only a boy.'' Khan added. ''He is stupid enough to gather all the dragons in the same place ! Why not attack ?''

The three war-lords instantly quieted with just a glare from their leader. He still seemed calm, but his eyes were so dark they were screaming troubles.

''They are protected by a Night Fury. Their... Alpha.''

He spat on the word, still remembering his defeat against the black creature. He had mulled over this for a moment, thinking about revenge. Yet, after several months of thinking and planing, he had given up on the idea. Not that he didn't wished to see the dragon's head on a pike for humiliating him and defeating his Alpha Sentinel, but there was actually no real benefit : he had already had what he wanted. Berk had never been a real target, just a playground that ended up badly. Plus, he had other things to do, more important things.

He thought about the matter for a few seconds, taping his fingers on the table he was leaning on. He could feel his mates lose their patience, however he couldn't care less. They were under his orders, after all, they had to wait for his decision. Though his reflexion stopped as he noticed the messenger was still next to him.

If he was done, he should have dismissed by now. Slightly frowning, he looked at him.

''Anything else ?''

''Yes, Sir, there... There are rumors. We hear more and more about the dragon riders coming to other clans, and...''

''And ?'' The general insisted, without any trace of losing patience.

The trapper swallowed hard, his whole body stiffened as if he was bracing himself for being killed on spot.

''People talk about a white-haired warlock.''

If nothing seemed able to reach the general beforehand, these last words did. He froze in his movements, hatred written in his greyish eyes.

''A white-haired warlock ?'' He repeated to make sure he had heard correctly.

His voice was low and eerie. The only answer he got back was a shaking nod, then the general smashed the table, it was so loud it made everyone jump around him.

It was not usual to see him get angry openly, even less to see him become violent because of it. He gritted his teeth and started to mumble for himself.

''Destroy my bases and ships, I can tolerate it. Steel the dragons, I can tolerate it. But this...''

He punched the table again, more lightly this time, and straightened while grabbing back his dagger.

''What does it mean ?'' Khan hesitated.

Without a word, without an explanation, Kosmozis readied his weapons, putting them back to his belt. He snapped his fingers to get the attention of the Deathgrippers, then headed to the exit.

The three warlords eyed each other before running after him.

''General ! What do we do ?''

''Keep on hunting. Capture as many dragons as you can and deliver them as agreed.''

''Huh, okay... But you ?'' Ragnar insisted.

''I have something personal to deal with, something I thought was done a long time ago.''

* * *

On the cliff over the village, in the fading light of twilight over Berk, stood Stoik, fierce and strong, holding his young son with one arm. The boy back then was just a toddler. Eyes gazing on the landscape, the chief was speaking.

''Hiccup. This is Berk, son. It's our home. It was the home of your grand-parents and their grand-parents before them. It's my job as chief to protect us, Hiccup. And, one day, when you're all grown up, that job will be passed on to you.''

''Okay.'' The innocent toddler replied.

''That's very important, son.''

Stoick rose a finger and pointed to the sea.

''Because out there, beyond the sunset, lies the home of the dragons.''

''Wow !''

''Aye. Legends tell that ships sail too close to it only to drop off the edge of the world. Never to be seen again. But those sailors who turned back told tells of a great waterfall and dragons guarding the entrance to a hidden world.''

So much stories to make this little boy dream about, the young Hiccup let out another breath of wonder, his eyes sparkling.

''Not just a nest, Hiccup, but a land from which all dragons come.''

''Even Night Furies ?''

''Especially Night Furies.'' Stoick chuckled.

''Huh... Those are scary...''

''Don't you worry, one day I'll find the Hidden World and seal it up so the people and dragons will fight no more.''

Hiccup was watching the landscape from the very same cliff with a thoughtful mind, lost in memories and reflexion. He was only six at that time, and now that he was twenty-three, and that he had became the chief, he couldn't help but notice how much things had changed. Not just the landscape, but also mentalities.

He watched the countless dragons flying and swirling in the sky, above the extended village, until he was joined by other winged reptiles. A knock on his leg surprised him and brought him back to reality. When he looked downward, he saw three little dragons circling him, three little dragons that made him smile. They were a bit taller than a sheep, had the same silhouette but different colors.

Vikings called them the Night Lights. Why such a weird name ? Simply because they were the offspring of Night and Light Furies. Yes, these hatchlings were the babies of Toothless and Lumiverse. The three were pretty much different from one another, each of them had specific mixture of black and white. There was two females and a male.

One female was mostly black, the bottom of her paws was white, along with her belly up to her lower jaw, the tip of her tail fin and the tip of her biggest ears and her nose. Her eyes were a slightly darker mauve than Lumiverse's eyes.

The second female was almost completely white the bottom of her paws greyish up to the elbows, the end of her tail black, along with her horns and the end of her biggest ears. Her eyes were the same green as Toothless. She also had faint greyish stripes on the back and wings.

As to the male, he looked more like the first female, but the white on his paws was coming up to his elbows and knees. His belly was white too but starting from his chest and down to the tip of his tail. His biggest ears were completely black, the tip of the smaller ones just above his forehead were white. The horns on his head were black while those on his back were white, and he also had faint greyish striped on the back, wings, but also on the head. His eyes were a little darker than his father's.

The three hatchlings had been named Midnight, Moonshine for the white one and Duskstorm for the male. These names were not the usual viking-like names but Hiccup was pleased with them. He had only named Duskstorm and let Joke find the other names since he thought his husband's ideas were always poetic.

When Lumiverse had led these eggs, both boys had rejoyed, kidding that they were going to be dads, and celebrated the fact that Furies were no more an extinct specie. Just like all the young hatchlings, these three Night Lights were troublemakers, always playing and shoving everything on their path, but they were always forgiven since they were so cute.

And their favorite toy was Hiccup's peg leg. The young chief easily understood that their round eyes and cooing were actually reclamation for his leg. He rolled his eyes but couldn't refuse anything to these cuties, especially when Toothless was joining them with his sweet cat-like eyes.

''You do know it's not a chew toy, don't you, guys ?'' Hiccup said while untying his peg leg, making the hatchlings pouncing in delight, shaking their backs.

Toothless was just as excited as them.

''Is this what you want ? Oh, do you want this leg ? Do you want my leg ? Go get it !''

Hopping in his only foot left, Hiccup threw the prosthesis over the edge of the cliff. The overexcited dragons immediatly flew after it. Even Toothless went for it, making his kids laugh in their peculiar dragon way. Sometimes, Hiccup was wondering if his dragon was just an overgrown child.

Once the Furies had left, Hiccup sat up, he wasn't really good at keeping his balance with only one foot, but he had to admit it was good to put it off sometimes. Even with the improvements he had done on it, it happened to still hurt sometimes, especially after a long day of chiefing around the village. On several times he had to thank Joke for massaging the area below his knee, having a healer as husband can be of use sometimes.

Smiling to himself at the memory, he pulled out his old map. He layed it on the ground, using rocks to block it from the strong wind. It didn't had really changed in three years, only two new pages had been added, wearing Joke's handwriting.

Becoming chief had required some sacrifices for Hiccup, including giving up exploration. He barely had the time to look at the map as his peg leg fell on it, covered in slubber. Moonshine and Duskstorm landed next to him, starting to wrestle with high-pitched noises, while Midnight hovered above them, laughing at them. The viking chuckled, then looked upward to find Toothless, quietly planing with his gummy smile.

''Getting pretty good in gliding on your own, bud.'' He remarked.

And it was no wonder. Hiccup had finally found the solution for Toothless to fly again on his own. His new fake fin made him completely independant as it consisted in an peg attached to his valid fin, transmitting the movement of the valid one on the fake one, allowing Toothless to move both simutaneously.

Toothless had been delighted trying on this new prosthetis. Elska had provided ice-crystal to make it light and strong, and Hiccup had even painted it in black so it was giving the illusion the dragon had two healthy fins. The dragon kept on gliding over him before landing on his right, where he let out his tongue and pushed the slubbery peg leg on the map, making a soft noise with pleading eyes.

Unlike the Night Lights who tend to lose interest in it as they had soil it, Toothless was never getting bored on this game.

Hiccup ignored him with a smile to focus on his map, he traced an imaginary line with his finger, aiming to west, where he had never really explored the archipelago. That was when another dragon came to them, gliding with elegancy. Lumiverse circled them and landed gracefully behind them.

''Oh ! So this is where you come to hide from Gobber.'' Her rider teased.

''I huh... I have no idea what you're talking about.'' Hiccup rejoined.

When Joke dismounted Lumiverse, the dragon stretch her wings and shook her back before walking to her offspring, who stayed still with her simple presence. Joke barely had the time to take a step towards his husband as Toothless rushed to him, throwing him the sluberry peg leg. Joke didn't wait to throw it in the air, launching the Fury family after it.

Only Moonshine and Midnight remained on the cliff, playing in the grass.

''Well, he's right, you know.''

''What ?'' Hiccup panicked. ''Wha- What do you mean ?''

Joke walked to the edge of the cliff and played tightrope-walker there. Hiccup could have worried for him if he didn't know Lumiverse would catch him if he had to fall. Joke had a too good balance for that, anyway.

And what was really worrying the young chief was not his lover falling from the cliff, but what he was saying. He panicked and frowned, feeling his heart going up in his throat.

''Joke, you know how much I care for you, out of the question I'd do that ! Giving heirs to Berk's throne is the least of my concern if it has to hurt you-''

''Cool down, I'm not talking about that.''

Hiccup sighed in relief, even more seeing his husband's smile. Plus, he could see in his eyes Joke was grateful for him thinking like this. The white-haired young man sat next to him, looking at the landscape thoughtfully, his smile fading.

''I mean he's right about all of... this.'' He said gesturing to the village.

Hiccup sighed.

''It does seem like the whole world knows about us, now.''

''Yep, and the more dragons we bring back here, the bigger of a target we become.''

He started as Hiccup's peg leg fell on his lap, and threw it right away. Toothless and Duskstorm went pass them to fetch it, making even more air messing with their hair. Lumiverse flew to get back to the two other hatchlings, quietly playing with them.

''I wish there was some way to make them leave us alone.'' Joke added.

''There might be.''

Joke turned to him, giving him a quizzical look, simply waiting to hear his idea out. Hiccup straightened a bit and looked at the horizon, towards west.

''Dad used to talk about an old mariners myth, of a secret land at the edge of the world where dragons live totally out of reach-''

''Ha ! Well, sailors are known for told tales.''

''True.'' Hiccup admitted.

Still he had not said his last word. He put his hand on Joke's to get his attention back.

''But what if it's real ? It could be the answer to all of our problems. ''

''How ? Are you planning on moving the dragons there ?''

''Hu-huh, all of us.''

''You serious ?''

Joke pulled out his hand, which made the viking's smile drop. He had thought his forever-long friend, his best friend, his lover, his husband, would have understand and supported him, yet Joke seemed to be touched by it... in the wrong way.

''We live here for seven generations, could you really abandon that ? The home your father left you to protect ?''

Hiccup suddenly realised why Joke was reacting like this. Not only because that idea sounded crazy, but also because it was really touching him. Joke may had grown up on Berk, just like him, but his heritage from Haze was adding weight to what Hiccup was saying.

Joke had never known the place he was born, where his clan had lived, where he should have grown up. Sure, Elska had told him a lot of stories about it, but he had never seen the place with his very eyes. So knowing Hiccup was ready to abandon his home...

''Huh... Yeah, you're right.''

''And, frankly, this is not fair for the dragons. This world is also their. We need a real solution, Hic.''

The young chief couldn't find something to reply, he had to admit it, and the tension he was feeling between Joke and him was not helping thinking straight. All the problems of the Slaughterhouse and the overbusy Berk seemed pretty concernless compared to any fight he could have with Joke.

A noise from behind distracted them, they turned to see Toothless and his kids fighting for the peg leg, Lumiverse laughing at them. Hiccup sighed, he didn't dare imagine in what condition he would get back his leg. Toothless ended up getting it and started to chew it, growling on his babies as they were circling him in try to get it back.

When Lumiverse grumbled, the hatchlings instantly calmed down and started to climb on their father's back, their mother lying against him and pressing her head on his shoulder.

''You know, I think I found a solution for at least one of our problems.'' Hiccup said, trying to lift the tension in the air.

''Do you ?'' Joke asked, intrigued.

He turned to face him, sat with crossed legs and elbows on his knees, giving his full attention to his husband.

Hiccup felt a bit embarrassed knowing these bright blue eyes he adored that much were looking at him so intently. He was surprised he would still feel embarrassed with Joke's presence next to him, even after all these years they had known each other, even after nine years of being a couple, even after three years of being married... Sometimes he still felt as if they had just begun this relationship.

He ran a hand in his hair and took in a deep breath.

''I don't really need to 'give' an heir to the throne, I can transmit the title to whomever I want. I just need to pick someone else as heir. It had already happened in the past.''

''Huh huh...'' Joke said, he didn't seem convinced. ''And who would that be ?''

''I... I don't know yet, I admit it.''

He pressed his lips in a fine line, he felt like an idiot, still that made Joke chuckle. He sat properly, just next to him, elbowing him playfully, which made the viking smile again.

''Snotlout would be interested since he's always saying he's 'number two'.''

''Snotlout, heh...''

Hiccup let out a nervous laugh, then smirked a bit.

''I think it won't take too long for him to build his own family, I heard he had a really bad crush on your mother...'' He teased.

''Oh ! Playing dirty, huh ?'' Joke retorted, faking outrage.

''I don't know what you're talking about.'' Hiccup joked.

''How dare you !''

Joke cracked his knuckles and attacked his viking, tickling his sides, Hiccup bursted out in laughter and instantly fought back with as much strength – they had also to admit the viking was not really ticklish, unlike his husband. They rolled on their side, and soon Hiccup found himself on top, sat on the tights of his victim, blocking him any way out, Joke couldn't do anything else than kick the air while shedding tears of laughter.

After a short moment, both stopped, steadying their breath and trying to calm down their giggles. Hiccup stayed bent over Joke, the pale wrists trapped in his hands, resting around his pale face with red cheeks from the laugh. Hiccup dove in his gaze, green and blue meeting and melting in one another.

Hiccup felt good at this moment, the outside world had disappear, the landscape and all the troubles within it too. The only things left were him, the one he loved, and the urge to kiss him. He leant in to do so, noticing how Joke's eyes slowly closed, which served him as permission. Yet, the kiss didn't occur as they got interrupted by vibrating moans coming from behind them.

They turned to see what was happening and had a bad surprise as it was their dragons going on their wild passion without even caring for the witnesses next to them nore their hatchlings.

''Oh, come on !'' Hiccup whined, covering his face trying not to see them. ''Well, thank you bud, I really didn't need to see that, it will haunt me for weeks !''

The dragons grumbled and stoped before taking off, no doubt to continue their lust in a more intimate place. Toothless growled something to the Night Lights, but they only obeyed when Lumiverse repeated it. The three troublemakers then flew towards the village instead of following them.

Joke smiled with amusement, it was always funny to see how the hatchlings were only obeying their mother, ignoring their father despite his Alpha title. Hiccup, for his part, grunted while trying to wipe the image out of his eyes, which made Joke chuckle.

''What a perfect love killer.''

Hiccup sat back next to him, heavily sighing. He chuckled too, then drew a seductive smile on his face.

''So, huh... Where were we ?''

Joke shook his head and grabbed his collar, pulling him closer.

''Come here, you.''

When their lips met, Hiccup felt butterflies in his belly. He so loved this sensation, and loved even more noticing that time wasn't changing anything to it.

Any moment he was spending with Joke was making him craving for more. Every day, every year he was spending by his side was just increasing his feelings for him. And he knew that nothing in the world could change that.

''So... What about we keep this up at home ?'' Joke asked, a seductive smirk playing on his lips.

Hiccup smiled and kissed him again, slowly, passionately. He was sure he was the happiest viking in the world.

_______________________________________________________

I couldn't resist to the little cuties, I had to put the Night Lights here :)

Hope you like what I did with them.

For those who wonder why I didn't use the official names, let me explain. First, since in this AU Toothless had not mated with the same Light Fury, then hatchlings aren't exactly the same (hense the stripes from Lumiverse, mauve eyes along with the white one being a girl).

Second, I wrote this story before the names were released. Third, actually I don't like the names ^^. I mean, Ruffrunner do sounds like a name Hiccup and the others could have given to the dragons, but Dart and Pouncer ? I dunno, I'm not convinced, so I kept the names I gave them while writing the story, and I will do the same with Heirs of Berk.

What do you think ? Which names do you like the most ?

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

24.7K 1.1K 17
OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies... Republishing of "How to Fight for Your Dragon" :) ... Ah, Berk. The seasons are mostly cold, the people are a bit...
59.2K 1.4K 11
Hi guys this is my first HTTYD fan fic on my new account! A strange man in a strange armour turn up on the shores of Berk. Not looking like a Viking...
24.8K 315 21
It has been nearly three years, Dagur has been sent behind bars. The gang is all finding their roles back at Berk, and peace is restored once again...
76.8K 3.2K 21
It's been a month since Dragons and Vikings were brought together, now the only thing left to do is train them. Its close to winter in Berk, putting...