Breathless (Chensung)

Av doyoungsmiles

"Chenle...you won't forget me, will you?" "Never." "Remember me." "I will. Forever." Where Chenle sees his be... Mer

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
Closing Words

15

361 17 2
Av doyoungsmiles

Donghyuck dragged Chenle into their dorm after Jisung and Mark dropped them off, and Chenle almost cried out in protest.

"Alright, Chenle," Donghyuck said, with somewhat of a mischievous glint in his eyes. Chenle felt a little wary. "When are you gonna finally tell Jisung how you feel about him now that you guys are finally not feuding like dumb little kids?"

Chenle sighed. He should've known Donghyuck wouldn't let him live it down. "We're best friends, Hyuck," he said, exasperated. "If I tell him now, who's to say our friendship might be over?"

Donghyuck rolled his eyes. "You literally just forgave him for something that was dumb as heck. If he breaks things off with you just because you like him then you should just forget about him." Donghyuck paused in thought. "Plus, I don't think Jisung is that type of person."

"I'm happy just being best friends with him," Chenle said.

Donghyuck peered at a phone notification. "Well, Mark just said he's fairly sure Jisung has a thing for you."

Chenle's jaw dropped. "You told Mark?" he asked incredulously.

"I didn't even need to tell Mark and he knew. I mean, I bet even Jaemin and them figured it out," Donghyuck pointed out, and Chenle knew he had a point.

"Ugh, can you and Mark just get together and forget about me?" Chenle asked dismissively.

"This isn't about me, but sure," Donghyuck said.

"Wait, really?" Chenle's eyes widened. Did Donghyuck just agree to ask Mark out?

Donghyuck scrunched his eyebrows. "Well, I guess, if I do it, you better do it too," Donghyuck compromised.

Chenle shook his head. "No freaking way."

Donghyuck shrugged. "If you won't do it then I'll just tell Jisung myself."

Chenle stared at Donghyuck. "What is wrong with you?"

Donghyuck feigned innocence. "Just trying to help out a friend," he said curtly, and smiled. "Don't worry, Chenle. I have trust in you."

"Such trust makes me feel so much better," Chenle scoffed sarcastically.

Donghyuck patted Chenle on the back. "Look, if Jisung owned up and told you what his issue was, I think you shouldn't hold this back. It'll make you feel worse."

Chenle sighed. Donghyuck never went back on his word -- if he really asked out Mark then he would tell Jisung too, if Chenle didn't. "So, how are you going to ask Mark out?" Chenle asked.

Donghyuck froze. "I...didn't think about that."

Chenle rolled his eyes. "You're so dumb sometimes, Hyuck."

"Yo, shut up!"

---

Over the next few days, Chenle helped Donghyuck brainstorm a good way to confess to Mark. Although Chenle sort of felt the impending doom of his own confession, he was glad to help Donghyuck now.

Chenle had also let Jisung in on the plan, and he also helped out a bit. Currently, they were situated around a corner near Professor Jung's classroom, whereas Donghyuck was pacing nervously around in the open. Behind Donghyuck's back was a small, red rose, hidden.

Mark was about to come out from his class, so Donghyuck shot Chenle and Jisung nervous looks before students started streaming out of the class.

"How much do you bet Hyuck will mess up?" Jisung asked Chenle.

"A lot," Chenle responded, trying to keep a rising laugh from emerging.

Chenle watched intently as Mark spotted Donghyuck. It was really obvious that Mark loved seeing Donghyuck, as his smile grew significantly larger. "Mark is so whipped," Chenle murmured.

Donghyuck looked like he paled ten shades as Mark walked up to him and his face turned into concern. "Hyuck, why are you so pale?"

Donghyuck looked down. "Mark, I have something to tell you."

Mark nodded, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, from the first time I saw you, I thought you were the cutest human being to ever exist. Whenever I'm with you, I feel so happy and at ease. What I'm trying to say is...I like you." Donghyuck avoided eye contact and revealed the rose.

Jisung gasped a little. "Oh, that was better than I thought it would turn out to be," he noted, and Chenle shushed him.

Mark stared at Donghyuck. "Are you serious right now?"

Donghyuck's face evidently dropped. "Oh, I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way-"

"No, I was going to confess to you," Mark admitted shyly. "I like you, too."

Donghyuck's smile spread on his face, and he brightened up. "Take the rose," he said, handing it to Mark.

Then, Donghyuck leaned forward and planted a soft peck on Mark's cheek, causing Mark to scrunch his nose, but his ears were turning extremely red.

Chenle almost screamed until he saw Donghyuck look down shyly and Mark pull him in for a proper kiss.

"Oh god, my eyes," Jisung groaned. "Is it over yet?"

Chenle smacked Jisung. "Shut up, you're so loud!" he whispered aggressively.

Now both Donghyuck and Mark were blushing. Mark rubbed his neck and said, "Does that mean you'd be my boyfriend?"

Donghyuck nodded. "Okay," he mumbled.

"I've never seen him so quiet," Chenle said, and Jisung laughed quietly.

Mark nudged Donghyuck playfully. "I can't believe you beat me to it -- confessing, I mean."

Donghyuck smiled. "I made a bet with Chenle, that he'd confess--"

Chenle's eyes widened and he quickly screamed, revealing himself. Mark and Donghyuck jumped, and when Donghyuck saw Chenle, he rolled his eyes.

"I knew you would say something," Donghyuck said, sighing exasperatedly. "Almost got away with it too."

Chenle's heart was beating fast. Donghyuck was too close to exposing him. "I'm going to keep my side of the deal. So you better not do anything, you asshole!" he exclaimed, fuming.

Mark looked confused. "Chenle, Jisung...where'd you guys come from?" he asked.

"We helped Donghyuck out," Jisung answered, giving a brief glance at Chenle and Chenle knew that Jisung was noticing what Donghyuck was trying to do.

Mark scoffed. "And you were the one that told me to ask Donghyuck out, you snake," he said.

Jisung shrugged. "Sorry, they asked first."

Mark sighed at Jisung. "Well, I guess you guys know everything then...so, Hyuck, what did you want to say? Who's Chenle confessing to?"

Chenle glared at Mark. "Not you too," he said curtly, because he knew that Mark was already aware of who he would confess to -- that much was obvious.

Mark laughed. "I'm just trying to help you out," he said.

Jisung put a hand on Chenle's shoulder. "Who's this you guys are talking about? Who are you confessing to?" he asked curiously, and Chenle could almost see a tinge of hurt in his eyes.

Chenle shook his head, trying to choose his words carefully. "I can't tell you, sorry. Donghyuck and Mark shouldn't even know but they're nosy." He gave them a glare, but they took it lightheartedly.

Chenle knew Jisung was going to be upset about this, especially since Chenle just preached to Jisung about being willing to tell each other things -- but not this. At least not for now.

Donghyuck smiled. "Don't worry, you'll find out soon," he said suggestively, and Chenle almost smacked him.

"So...kiss me again?" Mark asked Donghyuck out of the blue.

Donghyuck shook his head. "That's a special one time deal," he said, but gave Mark a quick peck.

Chenle rolled his eyes. "Why in front of me?"

"You'll be there soon," Donghyuck said, wiggling his eyebrows.

Chenle really, really wanted to smack Donghyuck.

---

wow markhyuck confession happened,,, sort of fast and cheesy and like tbh idk why i thought donghyuck confessing with one rose was good but simple is better i suppose??? Pls istg no one irl does this cheesy stuff I think lol and i'm also quite glad all the angst is over and we're back to being fluffy bc i live for fluff xd hope you guys will be excited for next chapter :)

ps just saying I appreciate comments so much haha I'm so touched whenever I read them??

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

28.5K 809 16
"I'll always be there for you, even though you keep playing with my feelings."
25.8K 1K 17
❝︎we're not gonna be young forever.❞︎ ✘ an nct 00 line fanfic. HHYUNGGU 2021
2.1K 93 30
"You know you'll always have me, right? That no matter what happens, you'll always have me as your best friend?" He feels Donghyuck smile into his sh...
148K 9.5K 72
..( 🎙️ )𝗡𝗖𝗧x𝗢𝗖𝘀 "𝙣𝙘𝙩 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢? 𝙙𝙪𝙙𝙚, 𝙣𝙤, 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙖 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙬𝙞𝙘𝙚!" in which a group of friends find ...