Disaster Class

By diwatera

Disgraced honor student, Nico Gray-Gomez, falls from top of the class to bottom of the food chain. He has a d... More

01. the patron saints of cheats and cowards
02. a complete and total mess
03. what being a delinquent feels like
04. that's the thing about betrayal
05. your exile is official now
06. even the best and brightest of stars
07. so what's the plan
08. rile a boomer up
09. dial down the attitude
10. objectively speaking
11. uncle victor repellent
12. as straight as
13. the rest of the idiotic pack
14. finally has a name
15. pair up

DISASTER CLASS

2.7K 147 131
By diwatera

✴ Young Adult ✴
✴ Romance Comedy ✴
✴ LGBTQ+ ✴

• • • • • ● • • • • •

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

Just a little heads up, this book is essentially a mix of the movies Bad Genius and The Breakfast Club. You've got the general idea in your head, right? Good. Now, make it gay, and that's Disaster Class for you.

This is going to be my first book with an actual queer romance. If you are annoyed/disgusted/offended by LGBTQ+ characters and relationships, you may politely turn away now. Or read on! Challenge your bigotry! Who knows? Your outdated opinions may change.

This book also features colorful swearwords, romantic clichés, and some references to Filipino pop culture. Thanks for clicking on this story. Enjoy!

• • • • • ● • • • • •

𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋
(list of characters)

Nico Gray-Gomez, a 17-year-old Filipino-American booksmart brainiac with a huge ego and a short fuse. Equally as smart as he is clueless, he can tell if a poem is in iambic pentameter, but can't ever tell if someone is obviously flirting with him.

Malik Porter, also nicknamed Mack, is Nico's best friend since diapers. Certified theater kid and self-professed space nerd, he is as bright and as beloved as the stars that he observes.

Florence Lin, an introverted math whiz hidden in the ranks of the D-Class. With a disdain for academic competition, she keeps a low profile in St. Madeleine Academy.

Kitty Coleridge, the ever-bubbly class president of the disastrous D-Class. Though dull in her academics, she never fails to brighten up the room with her sunshine personality.

Chipp Rivera, a newcomer to St. Madeleine Academy, recently transferred in from a public school. Big and scary on the outside, but is an absolute softie on the inside.

Anya Havertz, A-Class student body president and certified queen of mean. Some people call her ambitious, some people call her a bitch; she claims to be both. Ambitchous, if you will.

Dr. Marisol Gomez, Nico's Filipina tiger mom with looks that can kill, and glares that can decimate. She cares deeply for her son, but in her own strict little ways.

Phillip Gray, Nico's warm and fuzzy father who is the yin to Dr. Marisol's yang. An all-around creative, he works from home as an installation artist.

Ms. Okoro, adviser to the D-Class, she keeps the class chaos under control all the while forming a strong bond with her pupils.

Dr. Goldman, adviser to the A-Class, he is a snobby highbrow intellectual who will not shut up about his PhD.

The Three Meowsketeers, namely Athos, Porthos and Aramis, are Nico's adopted babies. Spoiled creatures, they own the secret to Nico's heart.

• • • • • ● • • • • •

𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐒
(soundtrack for disaster)

long story short by Taylor Swift

Shake Yer Head by Eraserheads

Hold My Tongue by Sheppard

Hard Times by Paramore

Don't Threaten Me with a Good Time by Panic! at the Disco

Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift

Fallen by Lola Amour

Royals by Lorde

Pagtingin by Ben&Ben

Generation Why by Conan Gray

Shake It Out by Florence + The Machine

Wild Heart by Bleachers

Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis

• • • • • ● • • • • •

Thanks for choosing this book! I hope you enjoy. Please vote and comment if you think the plot is interesting, or if you love the characters and playlist, or if you just want to give me the validation that my desperate little heart needs.

Disaster Class will begin in Late 2020.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20 5 4
Sebastian is a nineteen year old, who tries to hide his bisexuality from everyone, but everything changes for him after a certain party and a boy nam...
21.5M 834K 56
[BxB] Waking up next to someone after having a little too much to drink was no new, riveting story in this day and age. Waking up next to another boy...
133 13 15
Sophomore Nico Rogers hasn't had it easy: His mom died, he's a frequent target for bullying, he struggles with mental illness, and a dark secret from...
295 70 13
Walking into school to find pages from your diary posted all over the walls seems like it could only happen in a nightmare. Except one day, this beco...