The Reject

By FlyingAUnicorn

"Home, he felt like home." Willow Greene was 'Rejected' by the most popular guy in school, Hunter Reed, who w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Seventeen More Days, Or Not.
Chapter 2: The New Tenant.
Chapter 3: When The Night Falls.
Chapter 4: An Unexpected Encounter.
Chapter 5: Welcome to Onyxscar.
Chapter 6: Who Are You Trying To Fool?
Chapter 7: The Prince.
Chapter 8: The Breath Of Life.
Chapter 9: The Night Wolf.
Chapter 10: Doctor Rowan To The Rescue.
Chapter 11: If Not Mates Then What?
Chapter 12: Party Panda.
Chapter 13: Jealousy.
Chapter 14: Because You Exist.
Chapter 15: The Night Is Still Young.
Chapter 16: Girlfriend?
Chapter 17: The Attack.
Chapter 18: The Theories.
Chapter 19: Red Alert! Rowan's Gone Crazy!
Chapter 20: Mine.
Chapter 21: Soulmates.
Chapter 22: 'Sole'mate.
Chapter 23: Willow's New Jam.
Chapter 24: Living in Hell Be Like: (Part I)
Chapter 25: Living in Hell Be Like: (Part II)
Chapter 26: Back To School Yay...Sob Sob.
Chapter 27: The Kiss.
Chapter 28: The Alpha.
Chapter 29: Insecurities.
Chapter 31: Lark.
Chapter 32: She's Dead.
Chapter 33: #FML.
Chapter 34: How To Earn Money The Quickest.
Chapter 35: Suspicions.
Chapter 36: Kidnapped!
Chapter 37: Willow's Secret Recipe.
Chapter 38: The Heavenly Tour.
Chapter 39: Meeting The Goddess.
Chapter 40: It Comes To Light.
Chapter 41: The Moon's Mark.
Chapter 42: Where's Rowan?
Chapter 43: Marked (Part I).
Chapter 44: Marked (Part II).
Chapter 45: Marked (Part III).
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter I.

Chapter 30: Prince Rowan's Harem.

16.2K 630 132
By FlyingAUnicorn

Rowan heard a loud shriek. A manly one, from his right. Willow who was taking her books out of her locker beside him, jumped as her head snapped towards the boy who had his locker wide open with cockroaches flying out of it.

"What the fuck?" Yelled a shaky Jason, who's name Rowan had found from Willow's memories. "Who dares do this to me?"

Rowan rolled his eyes before shutting Willow's locker and pulling her along with him. His hand finding hers automatically.

It took a moment for everyone in the hallway to take in what was happening and soon it erupted in multiple screams. Feminine mostly but Rowan was sure that he even heard few boys shrieking.

Rowan pulled Willow to his chest as he walked further down the hallway through the throng of screaming students.

After he had safely pulled Willow in the World History class, he let her go. The classroom was empty, Rowan had seen even the teacher rushing out of the classroom, rushing towards the place where the drama was being unfolded.

Willow had her eyes wide open. "What was that?"

"I have no idea." Rowan shrugged innocently, though his eyes couldn't conceal his achievement.

Willow stated laughing as if reminiscing the moment, she narrowed her eyes at him. "Are you sure?"

"Well, now that you've mentioned," said Rowan. "I might have had done something."

It was true, he was indeed the conspirator. Rowan had asked Felix to get the work done, Felix had agreed, though begrudgingly since he didn't want to wake up earlier than usual. Rowan felt that it was a pity he had only asked for a hundred cockroaches instead of a thousand and he should have also had added a couple rats. But then again, the rats would have eaten the cockroaches.

When Rowan first found out that Willow was bullied, he had wanted to kill, kill everyone of them and suck them all dry. But he knew that he shouldn't do that, he did after all live in a civilized society, he couldn't just go around killing people, even though he was a prince—especially since he was the crown Prince. It wasn't really a good example.

Rowan pulled Willow along with him to their seats. He pushed his desk back to where he liked it, beside Willow's. The class started flooding in, soon the class was over after the teacher went on and on about something he didn't bother listening to her because he had already learned it a few years ago. Rowan preferred listening to Willow's calm heartbeats as she was taking notes.

Even though everyone has been telling him that Willow might not be his mate, he was sure of it. The way he felt when he was with her, whenever their hands touched or when he kissed her, it felt euphoric. It was the a feeling he's never felt before. He didnt regret marking her, even though the mark wasn't completed, for that Willows has to be ready, but he would wait for her, no matter how long it would take, he's willing to wait.

As they were walking towards their fourth period, which was Art, Rowan stuck his leg out when he passed by Jason. He felt that Jason was such a sorry excuse for a Werewolf.

"What the fuck!" Jason yelled as he was taken by surprise as he fell.

"I'm sorry, I tripped you by mistake." Rowan smirked.

"You can't trip me by mistake."

"Did anyone see me tripping him?"

Everyone in the hallway looked at each other, and whispered. All of them denying it. Of course they didn't, Rowan had glamoured them.

"You should watch your feet, Jason." Said Willow, smiling sweetly at Jason. "You never know when you trip on air or a pencil." Willow added.

"You!" Seethed Jason. "It was you wasn't it?"

"What are you talking about? I'm just looking out for you." Willow shook her head.

"You should watch your back." Said Jason. "You might be with him now," Jason looked at Rowan who was giving off a strong aura. "But you won't for long, not after he finds his true mate."

Rowan could feel Willow freezing beside him.

Rowan eyes flashed. "You're wrong." Said Rowan to Jason's retreating back. "I'm never leaving her."

Rowan pulled Willow's galaxy printed bag which he was carrying on his shoulders higher before lacing their fingers together. He raised their hands and placed a kiss over her knuckles.

"Trust me." Rowan smiled at Willow. He knew she had relaxed.

These days had been peaceful, it was the last day of the school for the week. Rowan hadn't caught a sniff of Hunter beside the first time he met him. Though he did see Hunter's mate around, glaring at Willow as if that was all she had to do in her life, but whenever Rowan looked at her coldly she would scurry away.

It did scare him though, Hunter had mated with Triple and she was also pregnant, Rowan could smell it on her, but Hunter still acted like Willow was actually his mate. The seed of doubt had been buried, what if, Hunter was actually Willow's mate, and she wasn't Rowan's. But he dug the seed and threw it out. He didn't care, Willow was his and he was Willow's. No Hunter could change that.

All of his family members had found their mates very late, it wasn't unusual though. So Rowan felt that being a Royal blood was the reason he found his mate earlier than a normal Vampire. He even knew of a person who had found their mate earlier, his sister Renee. She had been sixteen when she found who her mate was, Rowan had later on guessed it, but Renee had made him promise him not to tell anyone, he wasn't going to in the first place it wasn't his secret to tell, but he did wish that she would tell her mate.

With Renee finding her mate earlier, it made him sure that Willow was his mate. But no one was going to believe him.

After painting in the arts, they headed to the cafeteria. Rowan didn't like eating the food there, so he didn't bother. He didn't have to eat human food after all, he could survive on blood for years but he still eats human food, as formality. But he does enjoy eating the food prepared by Willow, he didn't know why, it tasted just like any other food would taste to him, but he still looked forward to eating her food.

Rowan sat with Willow, Felix, Melody and JR. Though Melody still acted like she didn't like him, he could see that she was warming up to him.

"Oh goddess!" Said Melody when Willow placed her tray in front of her. "Can this day get any longer?"

"Come on, it'll come to pass soon." Said JR.

"You won't even notice." Willow nodded.

"There's also the fact that I missed those cockroaches in the morning!"

"I recorded it."Said Felix.

Melody stared at Felix. "Send it to me."

"What do I get out of this?"

"I," began Melody.

"Did you not post it online? I'm sure I saw it an hour ago." Said JR.

"You didn't have to do that." Said Felix, accusingly. "I was so close to getting free fries."

JR shrugged, grinning.

Rowan looked at Willow who was smiling, he leaned forward and brushed her bangs away, making Willow smile at him. She looked so beautiful that all he wanted to do was kiss her till she's gasping for air and drink her—but he shouldn't do that, he knew she wouldn't be comfortable.

At the beginning of the week, she didn't let him touch her hair, at all, but after four days, she didn't really complain or jump back as if he was the grim reaper.

Rowan wondered why she would do that, why she would suddenly changed her hairstyle. He wondered if it was because of the pimple on her forehead which he had noticed on the first day, but he didn't personally ask her. He had asked Renee and she has told him not to do that and he did oblige. She has told him to never question girls when they change their style, but to compliment them only.

When the bell went off informing them of the end of the lunch, Rowan walked Willow to her next class, which he didn't share with her.

The reason he had left out a class with Willow was because he should be taking a break to have some blood, he was a Vampire, so he couldn't live without it. Unless he was hibernating.

Rowan was aware how humans can't stomach watching them drink blood, it was even proven a few days ago when Willow had walked in on him drinking packed blood and had ran out the very next second. At that moment, he had wanted to throw his packet of blood and run to her and taste her blood, even if it's just a drop, he would do anything for it. But he suppressed his urges.

After finishing the white tetrapack with 'Strawberry Juice' written on it, he threw it away and headed towards his next class. The teacher let him off, even though he was late.

He checked his phone when he saw that he had received a message. A smile graced his lips when he saw that it was from Willow. Opening the message, his smile fell.

Willow had sent him a screenshot of a page on Instagram, which was called 'Rowan's Harem'. Rowan was speechless. It had been made just a few days ago.

But Rowan was worried that Willow was angry, and if that is why she had sent it to him. He wasn't even aware of this.

His phone pinged with a new message. 'I'm wheezing rn lmao.' it read. Rowan shot out of his seat and ran out of the class leaving a screaming teacher behind.

Rowan was sure that Willow didn't wheeze on a normal basis, but he wondered if it was something she didn't tell him about. Anxiousness ate him up.

Rowan didn't know what 'rn' and 'lmao' meant, but he didn't care, all he wanted to do was to make sure that his Willow was safe and breathing. She was so small, it distressed him even at the thought of her tiny body being uncomfortable.

Banging the door open, Rowan rushed in, his eyes finding Willow automatically. The class quieted down.

Willow was huddled with her head down on the table. It broke Rowan.

Rowan rushed to her and kneeled down beside her making Willow look up, her eyes widening in surprise.

"What are you doing here?" Willow whisper-yelled looking around at everyone who were watching them.

"You said that you were wheezing!" Worry was evident on Rowan's face. "Are you okay? Do you have trouble breathing? Should I take hospital? Just tell me—"

"I'm not literally wheezing, it's just an expression." Said Willow cutting him off.

"Mr. Kingson, Miss Greene, is something the problem?"

"Are you sure you're okay?" Said Rowan ignoring the teacher. "Are you angry at me? I'll understand if you are."

"I'm fine and why would I be angry with you? It was funny actually."

"So you are not mad at me, right?"

Willow shook her head. "But you should leave now, Mr. Dallas looks like he's ready to murder you."

Rowan pecked her before he left.

Rowan didn't want to go back to his class, but his bag was left in that class. Sighing he walked back with his back straight.

"And would you do that Mr. Kingson?" Mrs. Jacobs asked the moment he stepped back inside.

Because I wanted to check on my mate.

"My apologies, I had to go to the washroom."

"Do ask for the permission next time." The teacher said curtly.

"Of course." Rowan nodded and sat back in his seat.

After half an hour, the class finally came to an end. Rowan walked out of the classroom, heading towards Willow's.

Rowan looked inside but he couldn't see her anywhere. He looked around and could find no sign of her. Her smell was also very faint, as if she had been gone for long.

But then Rowan smelled something else. Someone else. It was a familiar scent and he was sure that the scent belonged to him.

******

A/n:

And lo, there's my favourite boy, hope you enjoyed reading it. Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

*sends cookies*

Lots of love,
Nawal

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 8.3K 25
After her world is absolutely shattered by a tragedy that left her broken and alone Willow went in search for what she was missing. She followed her...
2.8M 83.4K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...
19M 595K 55
"I, Alpha Asher Reed, reject you as my mate and Luna." He didn't blink. He didn't show a spark of remorse. He just walked away. *********************...