BORN TO BE YOURS [ alan rickm...

By -thehalfblindgeek

In which, Alan Rickman and (Y/F/N) are two of the thousands of people who have not met their soulmate.. yet... More

SUMMARY + EPIGRAPH
i. TIMELESS
ii. AGELESS
iii. THE FIRST ENCOUNTER
iv. OBLIVIOUS

v. WHEN SPARKS FLY

730 44 26
By -thehalfblindgeek

《 ★ 》

CHAPTER FIVE - WHEN SPARKS FLY

[ DECEMBER 30, 1991 ]

《 ★ 》

THE SNOW was still falling quite heavily, (Y/N) would've enjoyed it from the comfort of her flat, where she could enjoy a cuppa and the basket full of gingerbread men her elderly neighbor gifted her when she returned last Friday, but noo, I'm heading for RADA at this time of night and in super cold weather because Hailey needs me to drop off the scripts she'd forgotten for her students in my flat when she last visited, forgetful bugger, she huffed, well aware that she was whining.

She had just got off of duty and was really hoping to rest and enjoy her short Christmas break, since the person who was meant to cover for her during Christmas broke their bloody leg, and she was having a crappy day, when she'd arrived to her nice little flat, the exact moment she was ready to flop down on her sofa, having been dressed in her jammies and washed up, her sister had promptly called and practically begged her to bring the scripts over to the Academy.

And so with the promise of getting one or two of the five-day-old christmas kittens (which little Everett coined having declared, "Chiwstmas kitties!" when he first saw the kittens) once they are fit to leave their mother of course, she pulled on some warmer clothes and started her journey.

(Y/N) grumbled again, keeping her spirits up thinking about the kittens she'd soon adopt, and trudged up the path lit only by the street lights, it was almost seven p.m. and (Y/N) would be lying if she said she wasn't a teeny tiny bit scared, she was walking alone at night, after all, who wouldn't be terrified? It was dark, deserted, and eerie, she felt completely bonkers to be even out here.

She would've called a cab like any sensible human being would but her mother had given her a long and tedious lecture to avoid icy roads at all costs. Saying something about their neighbors' - the Jefferys' - son had crashed his car into a ditch whilst driving home, because of the slippery roads, her mother had conveniently left out the part where the Jefferys' son was an irresponsible bloke, and had frequently been given loads of tickets for speeding and reckless driving, fortunately, the young man survived but his limbs had suffered major damage, (Y/N) much rather like the thought of having working limbs, all the years of going through mental breakdowns and cramming knowledge into her brain would be wasted.

That and, she felt like she was getting a little too pudgy, a long walk will help burn some calories, she had thought, and now she'd made it this far, she was regretting it. Her legs were screaming protest. And she knew that when she got home, she'll be stuffing her face with junk. The cold was unbearable, while she liked watching the snowfall, it was too bloody cold, she couldn't even feel her face!

Might as well have fun with the snow while I'm outside, she thought, grinning mischievously, she looked around for people in the street, there were, of course, no one because who in the right mind would go outside in freezing weather when they can enjoy Sunday's evening roast at home or enjoy a bit of telly.

Seeing nobody was around, except for a few cars passing by, her grin widened and she proceeded to stomp her feet, the crunch of the snow was satisfying, she giggled, but jumped out of her skin when a pile of snow (from the closed barber shop awning right behind her) dropped mere inches away from her, and quickly composed herself, and continued her trek.

Humming under her breath, she approached the building, glad that the Academy was only a couple hours away from her flat. (Y/N) scrunched up her eyebrows, her gut was telling she was forgetting something as entered the building, quickly patting her bag to make sure she hadn't forgot the papers. She breathed a sigh of relief.

Her relief was only short-lived as it immediately dawned on her that she forgot to ask her sister where she would go once she'd arrived at the Academy, cursing under her breath, she headed for a corner where she was least likely to bump into people, she searched her bag for her Nokia Cityman 100, letting out a small "Aha!" when she found it, she immediately called her sister.

Hailey picked up after a couple rings, "Hello?" She answered, "Hi. Uh, Hailey, where exactly are you? I've just arrived, and I'm at the entrance."  (Y/N) smiled at the passing students and staff, "Yes! Thank you so much, (N/N)! I'm at rehearsal! Uh, look for Tommy. He'll help you get here. He's tall, ginger, wearing a green? Was it a green tee or blue, Vic-?" There was a muffled answer, "Blue, blue shirt."

(Y/N) looked around, spotting a red head, hunched over something that looked like a game boy, "Does he have a game boy?"

"..Yes, he does. Listen (Y/N), I've got to go, I'll see you soon!" (Y/N) stuffed her mobile into her bag again and rushed towards Tommy.

"Ah, there he is- Hey, Tommy?" The boy looked up from his game boy, smiled widely at her, "Aye, tha's me. Hiya, are you Missus Dane's sister?" At her nod, he eagerly led her to the rehearsal.

***

There was someone following her, she'd made a couple sharp turns to confirm it, she pretended to ignore the crunch of boots following her, she feared that whoever they are would murder her leave her body there to be buried under the snow, she shuddered. Please don't let me die here, today is a shitty day, I just want to go home. I haven't met my soulmate yet, please, don't let me die.

The sudden ring of her mobile scared her shitless, but she kept walking, reaching into her bag, "Lea! Would it be possible for you to send the other copy of the script to my hotel room? I'm at the cafe near RADA right now." (Y/N)'s heart slightly calmed at sound of a familiar voice, she breathed a silent sigh of relief. "Alan." She said, "(Y/N)? Oh, sorry, I must've dialled the wrong number."

"Please don't hang up!" She whispered, "There's a creepy dude following me, help me, please."

There was a screech like a chair had been pushed roughly away on the other line, "Where are you?"

"I'm walking towards the cafe you were talking about," She gulped, hearing the footsteps draw closer, the sound of running can be heard from Alan, "Hang on," He said, and muttered something about stairs, the cafe door was pushed open, and Alan stepped out, "(Y/N)!" He exclaimed loudly, rushing towards her, she breathed a larger sigh of relief when she heard the footsteps walk away, "You okay?" He asked her, concern lacing his tone, "Better, now that you're here. Thank you."

"Thank god." He smiled, pulling her close to him, they started walking, the wind started picking up, "Shite." He cursed (and attractively so), "Uh, you wounded mind staying with me in my room would you?" Alan asks, slightly embarrassed, "It's only a block away, I think another snow storm is coming, and the man who's following you is still there." She gripped her mobile, "Um. That'll be great, thanks."

Alan waves at the receptionist when they entered the Hotel. He lead her to the elevator, which gave her a perfect opportunity to examine him, his hair was messy because of the wind but it still looked fluffy, his cheeks meanwhile looked flushed probably because of the cold, (Y/N) suspected that her own cheeks were red.

"This is awkward," She says ruefully, Alan chuckled softly and hummed in agreement, "Are you okay?" She gives him nod, "Yes. Thanks for helping me out." He just smiled and lead her out of the lift, "My room is that way."

He's so quiet and shy.

A few moments later, (Y/N) was warm, Alan had offered her a change of clothes and a robe knowing that her own clothes would be damp, "Thank you." She said bashfully, and went to change. This is really awkward.

Now, she stood by the window, watching the snow drown London while waiting for Alan to finish getting dressed. He'd ordered some food, and it should be arriving soon. There was a knock on the door, and (Y/N) quickly rushed toward it, pulling it open, Alan had stepped out of the bathroom when the she opened the door, "Room service."

Soon enough, plates have been cleared, and (Y/N) was stuffed. She and Alan had chatted a little during their meal, the tension eased a little. They decided to share the bed. There weren't enough pillows to make a wall. But it's alright, they were adults, what could go wrong? "Thank you again." She said finally, tearing her gaze from the T.V. screen. "It's no problem, (Y/N)." He replied. She reached for the plates but Alan beat her to it, she raised an eyebrow.

Alan just smiled and stood to put the trays away, setting them on the small table beside a tiny sofa. On his way back he tripped on something, hitting his shin on the edge of the small nightstand, "Ouch." He grunted, kneeling on the floor, clutching at his shin, "Alan!" She gasped, jumping down to help him, "Are you alright?"

"Yes." He said, trying to stand up, "'m fine." (Y/N) held out her hand, "Here, let me help," Alan smiled in thanks, "Thank oh-" he stopped, when her hand touched his. A surge of electricity ran through them both. Both their eyes widened.

They just stare at each other - shocked speechless, inches away from each other, hands still locked together, (Y/N) took a moment to appreciate his hands, they felt so nice and soft, and recovered first and launches herself into his arms, "Oomph," Alan grunts at the sudden impact, (Y/N) smiles like a fool and buries her face into his shoulder, running her hand through his hair.

"God, I've waited too long to meet you." he murmurs into her hair, hugging her tightly, by now, the sparks have dispersed, "Thank god, that's over," She mumbled into his shoulder, "What was? The wait?" He asks, and at her nod, he couldn't help grinning widely. She pulled away, only slightly, "When did you turn eighteen?" (Y/N) felt a little worried that he waited too long for her.

"1974." He replied, looking at her curiously, her worries dispersed, and she reluctantly climbed off of him, "Let's sit on the bed." She suggested, offering her hands to him again. He grins, and takes her hand, standing up and settling himself on the bed, she quickly followed.

"Wow." He breathed, "I don't know how I got so lucky." He shook his head, grinning like mad. They spent almost an hour exchanging information about each other, telling each other about pointless little things and whatnot until they ran out of things to talk about. "So," Alan paused, "How was your day?"

(Y/N) bit her lip and slumped against the headboard, looked thoughtfully out the frosty window, Alan was waiting for an answer, so she thought hard about her day, seeing Alan again  and finding out he was her soulmate was definitely a highlight to her day.

Today had been incredibly busy, she'd woken up late, nearly burnt her flat down, and when she arrived at the hospital, her day started relatively normal, she had to cut open several human beings, and keep them alive, fortunately, she'd lost only one patient, but towards the end of her shift, she failed to help numerous patients.

(Y/N) tried to not think about it, she really didn't want to.

But she felt miserable for not saving all those people in time, the guilt was gnawing her from the inside, there had been a huge accident, a bus had collided into an abandon building, paramedics rushed to the crash and the victim's were brought to the hospital, (Y/N) had managed to alleviate some of the injuries of her first patient, who had suffered major burns.

By the time she'd approached her second patient, an elderly man with the name of Frank, it was too late, she spent a couple minutes trying to revive said patient but it was no use, so she quickly rushed to help another, this time a young lady, Harriet, who had a huge piece of metal imbedded into her abdomen which was dislodged during the drive to the hospital, she lost a lot of blood and had subsequently died.

(Y/N) helped another, who, thankfully, survived her injures this time. She went to help her colleague, but the patient died. She tried to help another person, a young boy, Thomas, he had a piece of metal sticking out of his neck, she'd lost him too. He was so young, her mind cried, so young, he should be alive having fun and living. At the end of the day, twelve people survived the crash with little to no injuries, seven people died of their injuries, four of them where the people (Y/N) desperately tried to save.

She knew that it was only normal for her to feel this way, but she hated it. It was one of the downsides of being a doctor.

After that, she had to drop off the scripts, was chased by a creep, was rescued by Alan, and then found out afterwards that her rescuer was her soulmate. She must've spaced out for a long time because Alan looked at her curiously, "(Y/N)?" He asked softly, his lovely hazel eyes concerned, he reached up to touch her cheek, "You don't have to answer, if you don't want to." (Y/N) smiled at him weakly, bless his heart, she thought, "It's okay," She said, "I'm not sure if you want to hear about my day, though." Alan shook his head, "I want to know everything about you, (Y/N). Good and bad."

"Well.. I've been told many times that talking helps, so I guess I'll do that." And talk she did. Alan listened quietly, promptly pulling her into his arms the moment (Y/N) had tears started welling up in her eyes, assuring her that it wasn't her fault, "So yeah, I had a crappy day, almost burnt my house down, lost five people, was followed by a creepy dude, the only highlight to my day is
you. I don't want to talk about it anymore, hm? What about you, how was your day?"

Alan gave her a gentle smile and pressed a kiss on her forehead, they ended up talking until midnight about anything and everything, Alan ended up falling asleep first, he looked very peaceful asleep, (Y/N) lay there, brushing the hair off her soulmate's face. She couldn't believe that she'd finally met her soulmate, the person she was dreaming about every single night, she fell asleep not long after, hoping that for the rest of her life, her nights it would end this way, cuddling and falling asleep next to Alan.

FIN

《 ★ 》

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

woo! the end finally, i had a blast writing this. not as fluffy as i hoped but y'know, i'm in a sad mood, so it couldn't be helped. I'm not good with deadlines, so sorry for the longgg wait, this chapter is longer than usual because... honestly idk why. Guess what? It's 3AM I spent all night working on this, so i'm tired af, I'm planning to review the previous chapters including this one and rid it of misinformation and errors, but who knows when I'll force myself to do that?

Wait- did you actually think it was THE END? haha, it's a prank!!! Of course, I'm not going to end this with minimal Alan and (Y/N) interactions, heck no. This is only the beginning baby! ...The beginning of a series of vignettes!

If you enjoyed this, vote, comment, and let me know what you think. Thank you for reading! Updates soon!

《 ★ 》

THE END ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

658K 21K 41
แ€แ€›แ€ฌแ€ธแ€แ€„แ€บ แ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€แ€ฝแ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€›แ€–แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€€แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€…แ€ฌแ€ธแ€™แ€ญแ€›แ€ฏแ€ถ แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ซ. แ€œแ€ญแ€™แ€บแ€Šแ€ฌแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€กแ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€šแ€ฐแ€™แ€ญแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€กแ€แ€ฝแ€€แ€บ... ...แ€™ แ€€แ€ญแ€ฏ แ€™แ€™แ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ซแ€”แ€ฒแ€ท....
485K 10.7K 56
Reneรฉ Rapp X Reader Imagines Regina George x Reader GxG Reneรฉ is taller and older then reader unless requested
960K 31.9K 59
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
183K 4.1K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...