Love Is Blind - An E/R Les Mi...

By imsosickofwords

Somehow Grantaire and Enjolras have survived the Barricade; still very much in love with Enjolras, but not kn... More

A Ray of Light
Alive
A Familiar Face
Pain and Doubt
Surrendering Thoughts
The Chance
Questions
Answers
Forever

The Barricade

204 6 3
By imsosickofwords

Enjolras was the only man now on his feet. His pistol empty, with no sword, he had retreated to the corner of the room by the window, holding a red flag. Despite all that had just gone by, he held his head high, waiting for the soldiers to catch up.

A moment later, about twelve men rushed into the room, and spotted him standing there. They surrounded him immediately, aiming at him; he did not flinch though. He showed no fear.

Before they could fire however, a voice cried out, "Vive la République!" All of the gazes turned to see a dark-haired man walk across the room and join Enjolras at the window. It was Grantaire. "Two at one shot," he said to the soldiers, before looking at Enjolras. "Will you permit it?"

With a smile, Enjolras took Grantaire's hand, pressing it tightly. The smile was not yet finished when the report was heard. Enjolras, pierced eight times, fell backward, his back leaning against the window ledge, as the flag hung out the window. Grantaire fell to Enjolras' feet.

The men left, to find the remaining survivors.

Little did they know they had just left two behind...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 75 10
Have you ever wondered what would have happened if their revolution actually worked? Well then read this story. Enjolras is trying to lead a revoluti...
25.5K 1.4K 22
Enjolras has had a crush on Grantaire for five years. And for five years, he's thought about how stupid that is. He knows he has no chance with Grant...
94.4K 2.2K 77
𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐌𝐄 | 𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚋𝚘𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎. 𝙰...
415 37 14
"How am I supposed to die at the barricades when I see my future in your eyes?" Love had never been in the cards for Enjolras. He could never take h...