Flicker -NH

By Craicroissant

Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
part 56
part 57
part 58
part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Last part
Author's note
author's note
NEW STORY
New Book

Part 38

2.7K 69 11
By Craicroissant

Lexi slowly shakes her head. She's standing in the middle of a field, but why is it so hard to breathe, as if walls are closing into her.
"You're lying." Lexi tries to sound as strong as she can. She fails.
"Lauren, stop." Niall warns.
When Niall's trembling voice crawls in her ear, she knows Lauren isn't lying.
Lexi's hands fall off Niall's arm, dangling down on her sides.
"I'm not, why would I?" She asks. "We're best friends after all." Lauren says raising her eyebrows. "I just didn't want to hurt you." Lauren says sympathetically, although that's the last thing she feels. "You know, the fact that he laid his hands on me way before he even saw you that way is very painful." She smiles blinking her eyes a few times.
"One could argue the fact that you both weren't together yet." Lauren tilts her head. "But the next day after he left the house, he got together with you. Wow, what a coincidence." She laughs, bending her body as if she's telling a joke.
"And then he never showed up again. I figure maybe I was horrible in bed." She laughs turning to Niall. "But turns out he's just a dick." She sneers.
"We were both drunk-"
"And that's an excuse?" Lexi snaps.
Niall's eyes go wide in surprise and fear.
She finally lowers her head letting a few tears drop down the grass.
"Lexi..." Niall reaches for her and she sighs prying his hands off not looking up as she turns to her parents.
Her parents are holding onto each other as they watch their daughter's heart gets broken in front of them.
Her mother blinks away the tears forming before letting out a sad smile.
"Home?" She asks.
Lexi nods. "Home."
Niall grabs Lexi's hand quickly before he's being pushed back by her dad.
"Wait! Don't go!" Niall begs.
Lexi doesn't even look back at him as she's escorted to her parents' car by her mum.
"It's was a fucking mistake, goddamn it! We were both drunk. It meant nothing to us!" Niall screams trying to pry away her dad's hand holding him back.
Lauren stares as Niall's words slaps her face hard, but she's doesn't care. She did what she has to do.
Niall watches as Lexi climbs in her parents' black Mercedes, hearing the door slams so loud.
Her dad finally lets go of Niall, giving him a stare before shaking his head, walking away with his hands in his pockets.
"Sir," Niall starts but stops when her dad turns to him, watching what he's about to do with fierce eyes.
"I," Niall suddenly lost all of his bravery and his ability to speak english as he stares back at those angry eyes.
"You," He sternly warns. "Are not good enough for my daughter." Her father says.
He turns around without a second word, looking back at Niall and Lauren for a split second before entering his car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 989 43
Lies. That's all that seems to come out of Emma Richard's mouth. She's been living in the shadows of the city of London, conning innocent tourists fo...
24.8K 472 15
What if Steve Mcgarrett had a twin sister who was in the Navy with him? Born four minutes before her twin brother Steve, Kris McGarrett was given th...
22K 254 22
When Connor Bedard, the star player of the Pats hockey team, finds himself unexpectedly hosting the coach's daughter for a while, their worlds collid...
680K 41.7K 106
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...