imagine. . . . outerbanks ima...

By godsmind

everything that is real was imagined first cover by; coldapples More

i once imagined. . . .
the ending - rafe cameron
sick - JJ maybank
the ending - rafe pt 2
17 - JJ maybank
34 - topper
20 - rafe cameron
35 - rafe cameron
29 - rafe
9, 23 - JJ
3, 28 - JJ
25 - John B
26, 34 - JJ
13 - JJ
8, 19, 21 - rafe
32 - rafe
35 - jj
15 - rafe
stressed - JJ
my dad - JJ
i can't help it - rafe
love triangle - topper
MY DREW STARKEY BOOK
15 - rafe pt 2
hi baes
hard times - kiara
mine - rafe
RAFE CAMERON
update on rafe cameron
GO FREAKING READ BBYS
READ THIS FOR MORE IMAGINES
dirtbike - rafe
jj maybank
dream

a pogue and a kook - topper thornton

12.1K 129 26
By godsmind

This is super long, I wrote this at like one am last night because I was bored lol so please enjoy and I'll hopefully get along to doing more long imagines.

___________

BORN A POGUE always a pogues, I grew up in the cut and I was pretty certain I was bound to die here. You see the rest of the pogues are proud to be a pogue they stand tall with their shoulders back ready to put up a fight with anyone who thought the pogues were otherwise however I was ashamed,  I mean what was their to be proud of? My run down converses were the most valuable asset in my life, my house looked as if it had been abandoned years ago and we all struggled to find food to fill our stomachs. The pogues were thought to hate the kooks, expected to hate the kooks but I couldn't help it. How could you hate big beautiful homes and clean wealthy teenage boys? My friends would argue that they were stuck up but I didn't see people like that, everyone had their good side to their bad side. I just didn't believe that people could be so black and white, either good or bad.

My curiosity had got the best of me about two weeks ago when I found myself walking through the figure eight neighborhoods, I stuck out like a sore thumb in my deteriorating denim shorts and stained tank top. As I passed more houses the more I was in awe, it shocked me that people lived like this, I just couldn't wrap my head around it. I mean coming home to a house where my dog could even have a room? It was insane, like an alternate universe I could only imagine. My worn converses padded against the tar—seal road as I watched the family's sat outside laughing as they sipped martinis in the sun, not worrying about how they were to pay the electrical bill or rent. The children ran around jumping into the pool as they squealed with joy.

I smiled to myself, the vibe shifted slightly as I continued looking in the direction of the house. Chills ran up my spine, it felt as if someone was watching me. I searched the backyard from the streets view trying to find the culprit that was burning holes into my skin. My eyes landed on a boy about my age clad in a blue polo shirt and cap backwards, he was eyeing me carefully. Probably wondering why I was on this side of the island, wondering if I was here to steal or to beg for money like the cut usually did on this side of the island.

But I wasn't here for either, I was here simply to observe the simple life, the life I wish I had. The boy lifted his solo cup to his lips taking a quick swig, he lowered the cup still eyeing me suspiciously, i had yet to look away. He lifted his right hand, the one without the solo cup and waved slightly a small smirk playing on his lip. My heart quickened at the small action, I had never really interacted with a kook one on one, whenever I saw one I was with the other pogues and they were arguing for the most part. I lifted my left hand hesitantly waving back. The boy smiled before turning back to his friends.

Since the two weeks had passed I still hadn't stopped thinking about the small interaction, sure all he did was wave to me, but he didn't come screaming his head off telling me to get off of their side of the island and I was sure he knew I wasn't from figure eight from my messy attire and even the way I held myself. Kooks held themselves as if they were superior, they seemed like they wouldn't bother to listen to a word anyone had to say apposed to pogues who seemed more approachable.

I was sat with the rest of the pogues as they were all emerged in conversation, talking about crashing a party. "So what about you y/n you in?" John B smiled down at me patting my shoulder encouragingly i shot him a small smile back "i don't know crashing a party doesn't really tickle my fancy, you know?" I shrug. Everyone paused to look at me, confusion painting each and everyone of their faces "it's not just a party it's the midsummers party, you know full kook style," JJ adds moving his hands and speaking as if it was obvious. My interest perked at the sound of midsummers,  I could finally see what it was like to be a kook for once in my life, I could leave my worries behind for an hour or so to live the life like I had always wanted. I nod "I'm in."

Kiara, a kook herself had let me borrow one of her dresses, she was going anyway as her parents were apart of the country club where they held the midsummers. I however had to break in with the boys. I couldn't help but feel giddy and excited as I looked in the mirror at my self in the dress. I for once didn't look messy or dirty or like a pogue I looked like someone put together and someone who knew what they were doing with life, I looked like a kook. I smiled to myself leaving the bathroom and into kiaras room. She looked miserable "ugh I guess let's get this over with," I didn't bother asking why she wasn't excited about going, she had never appreciated being a kook i thought it was something to be thankful for, she never had to worry if she was going to be able to have dinner that night and she never had to work an extra job to support her family. Her only excuse as to not liking the kook lifestyle was the fact that 'she didn't fit in' welcome to my world, I had never fitted in anywhere no matter how much I tried.

Kiara had left with her parents as I had met up with the boys at the dock behind her house, "hey y/n!" Pope called as John B helped me onto the HMS Pogue "you clean up nice," JJ comments, I look at the boys taking in their formal attire, it was odd really they looked so different, a good different "not so bad yourself boys," I complimented back as we made our way to the country club.

Pope helped me get onto the land safely careful not to damage my dress, we all sighed as we looked at the party in full spring, it was similar to the day I had walked through figure eight two weeks ago, people stood around drinking expensive alcohol and talking without a worry in the world. John B and JJ quickly emerged themselves into the crowd telling Pope and I that they had business to do. I rolled my eyes at the boys as they left turning to Pope. he sighed as he looked into the distance "I'm so sorry but I gotta go help my dad out with the grill," he frowned

"Go Pope, don't worry about me," I smiled softly as he thanked me before disappearing into the distance. I sighed as I emerged my self into the crowd the instant smell of rich perfume and cologne filling my nostrils. I looked around curiously watching as people swayed to the classical music and spoke softly to eachother. I searched the sea of people for Kiara. I made my way deeper into the party as I continued my search. "I see you're stalking me?" A voice hummed from behind me, i turned quickly seeing the same boy from two weeks ago. "I-I'm not stalking you," I deny observing him. Up close I could make out his features he had cold blue eyes and sandy blonde hair that was smoothed back. His beige tuxedo contrasted well with his tanned skin making him even more attractive then when i had saw him those two weeks ago. He laughs nodding lifting his cup to his lips and taking a small sip "i know i was just messing with you," he said as his eyes drunk in my figure, his eyes drifted from my legs all the way up to my face where it lingered "so what's a pogue like you doing here?" He cocks his head to the side.

I scoff at him rolling my eyes "like me?" I question cocking my head in the same direction as his "you don't even know me," I laugh shaking my head. he straightens his back, obviously taken aback from my words "you're right I don't know you," he sighs "I'm topper," he holds out his hand towards me, I place my hand in his shaking it slowly "y/n," I smile up at him. He smiles back shifting from one foot to the other "did you want a drink?" He mumbles, he seemed as if he wasn't sure he should ask. "Sure." I smiled thankfully as he held his arm out for me to hold, I took ahold of his arm as he led us to the bar.

"Uh two of my usual please," he nods to the bar tender as he nods back shuffling to make our drinks. I cock my eyebrow at him as he looks down at me "what I come here a lot," he laughs shrugging. The bartender hands us our drinks as topper leads us to a more quiet spot "you'll like it," he smiles knowingly at me as I lift the cup to my lips, it was the perfect alcohol to sweet ratio, it was probably the most expensive drink I'd ever drink. I smiled at him "okay I admit it's pretty good." I laugh he pumps his fist as he whispers a "yes," to himself causing me to laugh at his actions. "So tell me about yourself y/n," he smirks lifting his drink to his lips I sigh looking for something exciting to tell him "honestly there's nothing much to me, just a girl living in the cut trying to support her family." I shrug avoiding his heated gaze. He's silent for a second before he finally speaks "you support your family?" He questions "like financially?" He adds I look up at him nodding "yeah, my mom and I work two jobs as my father spends his life at the pubs and drinking his life away," I shrug. I didn't know why I was being so forward and open but for the first time in forever I finally felt like I could talk about my feelings without receiving the unwanted pity and "I'm so sorrys," that they didn't really mean. "Your dad seems like a dick," he states taking a big swig out of his cup. Ironic. I nod agreeing "what about you Mr, Topper what is life like here in the horrible figure eight." I ask sarcasm laced with my words. He chuckles "you know it's a hard life, living with two of my parents and trying to handle all of the money daddy brings home, you know it sucks sometimes having to choose between a new yacht or house." He jokes laughing at his own words.  "Oh what a hard life you live," I frown.

"Pogues!" JJ calls over the music causing majority of the crowd to watch the commotion unfold, Kiara runs into his arms laughing as pope and John B start the HMS Pogue. "I guess it's my cue." I frown. He watches the commotion before turning to me "Don't look so happy," he jokes before pulling his phone out of his pocket "can I get you're number?" I quickly grab his phone nodding as I type my number into his contacts. "It was nice meeting you," I rush before pressing a kiss against his cheek and running after the rest of the pogues. Putting on the mask, acting as if I loved living as a pogue.

Two days had passed and I was stood in the cheatau with John B and Pope they were emerged in their own conversation as i spaced out like always. It wasn't that I didn't like my friends don't get me wrong, they were all my bestfriends I just didn't understand how they were so proud of being well, poor. I released a heavy sigh turning to my side trying to make myself listen to their conversation. "Yeah I gotta deliver grocery's for my pops if you wanted to come, help you earn some coin." Pope explained to JB as he nodded agreeing instantly, no one living in the cut could ever turn down a chance to earn some money.

My phone blared through the silence as I quickly stumbled to answer the call shooting an apologetic smile to the boys. I glanced at the contact for a split second before accepting the call, it was a number I hadn't saved.

"Hello?" I question making my way to the patio outside of John Bs house. "Hey, Uh it's topper," the voice spoke though the phone as my heart skipped a beat "Oh hey what's up!" I rush sounding a little too excited to hear his voice, he chuckles into the phone before speaking "I was wondering if you wanted to come with me and my friend to golf, that's only if you wanted to I understand if you'd be uncomfortable," he speaks in one breath as if he had been holding it in. It was my turn to laugh into the phone as I nodded "yeah, sure no that sounds perfect," I answer back holding in an excited squeal "okay cool," he clears his throat "so where uh, where do you want me to pick you up from?" He questions and I could imagine him cocking his head to the side like he had previously when he'd ask a question,  I gave him the address to my house as he told me he'd be there in ten minutes. I hung up the phone jogging inside quickly "I gotta go guys, see you tomorrow." I shoot them a smile saluting them and running out, not bothering to wait for their response.

I run five minutes down the street to my small house and fling myself inside throwing on my nicest clothes which unfortunately wasn't that nice, I wore a light blue crop top and jean shorts clad with my classic dirty white converses. A classic y/n attire. The sound of a car wheels on gravel could be heard from inside as I rushed grabbing my phone and making my way to the front door. I slid the ranch sliding door open as topper closed the Jeep door on the passengers side making his way towards me. "Hey," he smiles taking my attire in before his eyes drift to my house. My cheeks heat up embarrassed at my own home. The house was small and rundown similar to John Bs home, one story, dirty and with two bedrooms and one bathroom. "Hey," I respond smiling softly, his eyes find mine again and he holds his hand out for me to grab. I place my hand in his as he leads me to the black Jeep, something that looked like it didn't belong parked in my small driveway. He opens the back door for me as he shoots me another smile making his way to his seat in the front passenger seat.

The leather seats were cool against my bare legs as I took in the scent of a new car, an acquired taste. A boy dressed similar to topper sat in the drivers seat, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel impatiently. He turns to look at me shooting me an infamous smirk "Rafe," he holds his hand over the glovebox, I take my hand in his shaking it "y/n," I smile softly as he turns back to the front. He pulls out of my driveway turning in the direction of the golf course.

We arrive at the golf course in fifteen minutes tops as Rafe and Topper grab the clubs from the trunk. They make their way onto the course as I follow closely behind. "Okay I'm gonna go over there, I'd rather not third wheel," Rafe turns to Topper before walking in the other direction. Topper turns to me shrugging "you know how to golf?" He questions holding the club up for me to see clearly. I just laugh in response "what do you think kook?" I ask folding my arms across my front. He shrugs "who knows maybe you have a secret talent," he smirks before taking a golf ball from the bag and laying it on the ground. He swings the club back before swinging it forward forcefully hitting the ball. The ball flies through the air before landing just short of the hole. My jaw fell slack at his skill "wow I'm impressed," I laugh as he turns to me handing me the club, he laughs in response as I take the club from him grabbing a ball and placing it on the same spot he did. I swing the club back and hit the ball, following his same actions from before. The ball glides through the air for a few seconds before dropping meters away from the hole. I frown, disappointed "I guess I don't have a secret talent at golf," I say as I turn to topper, he laughs throwing his head back "it wasn't bad you just have to make sure you're aiming more accurately and hitting the ball with more force," he states as if it's simple.

"So basically do everything that I was doing but different," I scoff. He rolls his eyes walking behind me and wrapping his arms around my body gripping onto the club over my hands "here, I'll show you," he mumbles. The close proximity was making it harder for me to breath, his expensive cologne wafting through my nose. He pressed his crotch flush against me just above my butt. My breath hitched as he started to breath heavier. The cool wind now seemed scorching hot as I started to overheat. He swung the club back before bringing my arms down to the ball with more force then last time. He unwrapped his arms from me as we watched the ball go farther then my last one, it glided through the air before landing beside toppers ball.

I threw my hands up cheering as he followed suit, we double high-fived each other before going to collect our balls.

Rafe made his way towards grabbing topper by the arm and ushering him towards the pathway that led to the docks "pogues here come on," he spoke. Topper ripped his arm away his eyes landing on me for a split second "no man just leave it," he reasoned with him as Rafe just rolled his eyes marching towards the track. "Fuck," topper swore under his breath grabbing my hand and rushing after him. Pope walked holding a bag in one hand and a box of beers in his other as he walked towards the house, most likely delivering the grocery's like they had discussed earlier.

"They're already payed for," Pope argued before Rafe tore his bag with his club. "Hey dude stop!" Topper yelled at his friend walking infront of him and pushing him away. Pope groaned in disappointment before his eyes fell on me "y/n? You're hanging with the kooks?" He questions with disbelief. I nod slowly shooting him an apologetic smile, he scoffs "are you kidding, don't you get it? They hate us." He motions towards the spilt contents and Rafe who was still arguing with topper. "They're not all like that," I argue as he rolls his eyes at me "whatever," he mumbles before turning around and making his way back to his dads boat. "Wait pope!" I call, but he doesn't turn around as he leaves me drowning in my own guilt.

Topper grabs my arm "I'll take you home," he smiles as I nod back not bothering to shoot him a smile back. The ride back home is silent as Topper and Rafe argue back and fourth about what he did to Pope. It just proved my point, they weren't all as cold hearted and as stuck up as Rafe was. Topper seemed like a genuine guy. They dropped me off at my house before saying goodbye and topper mouthing a quick "sorry," as they pulled away.

It was now darker as I made my way up the front steps of the cheatau, I wanted to get it off of my chest, I needed to get everything off of my chest. Knowing everyone would be here I open the door walking in slowly. Everyone's heads turn to me interrupting their previous conversation. "Well would you look who it is," Pope speaks clearly upset about what had gone down earlier that day. The rest stayed silent waiting for me to explain myself "I'm so sorry," I mumbled "I talked to topper at the midsummers and he invited me to play golf, I swear he isn't as bad as Rafe was," I explain myself fiddling with the end of my shirt out of habit from whenever I was nervous. "You know the kooks hate us why would you even talk to them?" Kiara scoffs shaking her head in disappointment. "They're not all like that though, he's a genuine guy from what I've seen and why judge people off of a stereotype without getting to know them," I argue, "they all think we sit around all day smoking cheap pot and breaking laws when we work our asses off to support our families," I add watching each of their reactions "she's got a point," JJ shrugs as the rest nod agreeing with him. "Just please be careful," John B begs. I nod "When am I not," I smile as each of them stand up and we share a group hug.

Topper had texted me five minutes ago asking to hang out, he seemed desperate to redeem himself after what went down last time. I agreed as I quickly got ready. He knocked on my door as I opened the sliding door pulling him into a hug and greeting him "hey there," I smile as I pull away from the hug, he smiles down at me "hey," he says as I follow him to the car.

It was the late afternoon as he drove towards figure eight, i had no idea where we were going as he didn't mention it in his text. I didn't bother asking either as I enjoyed the comfortable silence with the soft humming of the radio in the background. We pulled up to the beach as we both got out of the car "the beach huh?" I grin as he reaches my side pulling me down towards the sand "yup," he nods. Once we reach the sand he pulls off his t-shirt revealing his toned, tan abdomen. I try my best to look away as he waits for me follow "i don't have my bathing suit," I frown, he shrugs his shoulders shooting me a playful look, "you're wearing a bra right?"

I nod and oblige pulling my t-shirt over my head revealing my black bra, i was a proud member of the itty-bitty titty committee so their wasn't much for him to see. I kick my denim shorts off. Running towards the water as I laugh like a maniac. He follows after laughing as we both dive into the water. The waters refreshing as the sun started to go down. I watched as the orange sun reflects off of the water "woah," I mumble watching the sun slowly disappear on the horizon. He smiles at me watching my reaction to the sunset "you like it," he grins I nod absentmindedly as he smiles proudly. We mess around in the water for a few more minutes until it's completely dark, the only light source the stars reflecting off of the ocean. I shiver as we make our way onto the beach, topper reaches into his bag pulling out a hoodie and hanging it to me "here you go," he smiles softly as I pull the soft material over my head. "Thanks," i shoot him a grateful smile. He sits down on a towel he laid out, me following suit. "I'm glad I met you," I mumbled turning to look at him, he smiles "yeah?" He questions tilting his head to the side.

His eyes gaze down at my lips as he slowly starts to lean it, my heart beats as we get closer. His lips finally meet mine as they move in sync, he reaches up and cups my cheek angling my head upwards so he has better access. The kiss deepens as my hands wrap around his neck pulling him closer, we both pull away trying to catch our breath as he leans his forehead against mine, "I'm glad I met you too," he mumbles before pressing his lips against mine again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...