Hypatia ➣ Jotaro Kujo

By bohemianict

When a young archaeologist with no recollection of her past teams up with a group of crusaders, Quinn Foreste... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen

eleven

1K 47 19
By bohemianict

Two adults sat menacingly at the round table. One held a face of triumph, their mind already set on the idea of mercilessly destroying the opponent. The other held a face of concentration, her mind depicting a way to achieve an outcome which would work in her favor.

The three men surrounding that table each held their own thoughts. The oldest man thought of his daughter. His mind was filled with worry for her future, wondering what awaited her after this battle. He also fretted for Quinn's victory. With the odds stacked against her, his heart held great anxiousness.

The teenager in the green school uniform withheld thoughts of faith. His belief in his female companion stood strong. In his heart, he felt that the witty woman would pull through. He knew that the adrenaline pulsing through her had been replaced with full determination of winning. Despite his fear, Kakyoin believed in Quinn.

The bulky teen with the black cap and school uniform held true thoughts of concern and confusion. His heart and mind had never been brought to this sort of position. He was not used to feeling this amount of protectiveness. The emotions he had felt since a few weeks ago had contorted his sense of himself into nothingness. The Jotaro Kujo wanting to shield a woman had been almost unheard of, after all.

"Well, D'Arby. Are you going to press start?" Quinn questioned, her locks of platinum cascading down her back. Her violet eyes looked like they could kill. Pure anger and pride welled up in her orbs, emitting an aura that was untouchable. "We still have one more round. I haven't admitted defeat just yet."

"So persistent..." D'Arby purred, a sly smirk crossing his features. Stretching his slim fingers to the start button, he coyly licked his lips. "You'd be a nice companion if you understood Lord DIO's motives."

"Don't you think its just a little strange to follow the motives of someone who gave you severe amnesia?" Quinn muttered with distaste. The woman still never could understand why all of these Stand users worshiped a man who completely ruined their lives. Depending on how you looked at the situation, any of these people could have led normal lives if DIO never appeared. "I swear, you guys don't make any sense to me."

"I could say the same to you Quinnzelle Shiobana. It's quite comical that your entire existence makes no sense to you either." D'Arby mocked in response, making sure that the last sentence struck a nerve with the young woman. As the countdown appeared on the television screen, Quinn gritted her teeth in concentration. "Now, may the best racer win."

The word "go" appeared in front of Quinn's eyes in neon lights, signaling the start of the next and last match. Within less than seconds, the two cars boosted towards the three paths which resided in front of them. It would be up to the racer to pick the one they'd take.

"This is the last course of the race." Kakyoin explained, being familiar with this game in particular. Back in Japan, it had been one of the few things that kept him entertained throughout his lonely life. "It's basically the last two courses, except there is more than one route to reach victory. Instead of one straight road, multiple different pathways are present. Meaning if the correct one is picked, the driver will be assured victory."

"But what if Quinn picks the wrong path? What happens then, can she still win?" Joseph questioned, his worry peaking through his words.

"She wont pick the wrong path, old man." Jotaro sighed, tipping his hat over his frustrated eyes. He was trying his hardest not to assault D'Arby on the spot, but his mind couldn't stop drifting over to Quinn's request to trust her. It was only right that he suggested his fellow Stand users to feel the same. "Just trust her... Quinn knows what she's doing."

The old man gave out a small smile. He could have teased Jotaro right there, but the tenseness in his jaw and the anger in his eyes advised him to do otherwise. The teen's protective nature had not gone unnoticed by Joseph. Beginning from when he had forced her to reveal her memory loss and swore to help her, to now where Quinn was fighting for her life through a video game, Mr. Joestar saw that Jotaro had developed something a lot more than friendship for the young woman.

"Alright." Joseph said, confidence in the woman leaking through his tone. Tipping his hat as well, he smiled. "I think she'll be fine anyways, she does have you looking after her anyways."

Jotaro just grunted in response, his eyes glued to the young woman. Kakyoin gave a faint smile to the teen, acknowledging the visible stress in his expression. He too, knew that the young woman had a safe place in his heart.

"It seems that we're neck and neck, D'Arby." Quinn taunted as she rammed her car into her enemy with violence. Her violet eyes held murderous intent in them as the thought of failure ran through her. "Let us hope that you aren't pushed off course before you can even pick a new path."

"So arrogant. Fortunately, I do not take any threat from your words. From what I've calculated, Atum says that you are planning on taking a right to ram me off of the track. A beginners mistake."

The crew collectively gasped in shock. Quinn paled as she saw the three pathways coming into view, each holding a single power-up in front of their entrances. The young woman was frustrated at how easily her movement was predicted, at this rate, she wouldn't be able to win.

Clearing her throat, the woman shook her head in anger. "I am not scared of Atum's ability, D'Arby. I'll still beat you, despite that damn mind reading shit."

Swerving her car to the left, Quinn changed her initial position. If D'Arby could predict what she would do, surely moving quickly would throw him off. Yet, to the woman's surprise the opposing car rammed her directly into the middle lane.

"W-What?" Joseph exclaimed, the shock on his old features mimicking Quinn's. As the woman's determined face turned to mortified, the old man continued to yell in fear of how this was even possible. "How could you predict her movements so quick, D'Arby? Explain."

"This can't be right. How were you able to predict what Quinn would do less than a second after you already knew what path she'd initially take. You aren't cheating, are you?" Kakyoin questioned, summoning Hierophant Green in anger.

In response, D'Arby let out a sickening laugh. A shiver ran down Quinn's spine as her car raced forward, trying to forget about the bubbling pit of fear in her stomach. "You fools. I never said my Stand, Atum predicted anything. I read souls. When I touched Quinn with Atum's remaining arm, I was able to touch her soul. I now have access to whatever she thinks in the moment she thinks of it. The currents of her brain are to my viewing."

"Oh no..." Quinn whispered in fear, realizing winning would be harder than she anticipated. Not only was she bumped onto the wrong course, she was not able to grab a power-up item and D'Arby could read her soul. The odds were completely stacked against her.

"Just admit defeat, Quinnzelle. It will make things a lot easier for you." D'Arby suggested, an evil smirk plastered across his face as he reached to the doll of Quinn. It was terrifying. It had a perfect resemblance of the woman's platinum locks and snow-like skin. Hell, the small scar from DIO's flesh bud was on the forehead. "I would love to add you to the collection."

The young woman ignored the man's cocky behavior, noticing that his hand was no longer on the controller, but creepily petting the doll of Quinn. Pressing her finger roughly onto the left joystick, the purple car blasted forward through the tunnel. The scenery in the game changed as she realized that her and D'Arby had met again.

"Ah, I knew you would go straight through. My Stand is quite something, isn't it." D'Arby mocked, mindlessly pressing onto his controller. Now that he decided to use his powers, the chance of winning had multiplied for him. Sadly, it decreased for Quinn.

All the woman could think as she smashed her finger onto the joystick was, 'I really fucking hate this guy. Even more than his brother, and Hol Ho- no Hol is still the worst'.

"Why thank you, I'm flattered. I understand why you hate that cowboy traitor though. Turning on Lord DIO was not smart of him." D'Arby said with boredom, awaiting the next choice in pathways. On the other hand, Quinn was extremely confused, wondering what the man had meant when calling Hol Horse a traitor.

Clearing her throat to withhold a nervous tremor, the woman raised a brow in confusion. "What do you mean by traitor? Hol Horse literally tried killing my friends and I. That doesn't seem like defying your dearest DIO."

"He responded to your call, did he not?" D'Arby questioned, bitterness in his words. Despite being a villain, he did have honor. It sickened him how Hol Horse had none. Defying his leader was unacceptable. Whether he had killed the Crusaders or not, the man would have been killed on the spot for threatening DIO's life and revealing information to Quinn. "It is quite simple. Hol Horse revealed things to you which revealed your true identity. Lord DIO did not want that to happen. He strictly prohibited anyone triggering any of your memories. Because of that cowboy, you regained your memories. At least most of them."

"Most of them? What the hell does that mean?" Quinn shouted in frustration. She could not understand why Hol Horse would help her in the slightest. Yet, now that she thought of it, Hol could have blown her brains out with The Emperor when he had her held at gunpoint. But, he didn't. What concerned her the most was D'Arby saying that most of her memories were recovered. Almost as if there were more.

"Quinn, turn!" Jotaro called out with urgency, snapping Quinn out of her confused thoughts. Her daze was quickly broken as she looked at her screen. She was about to crash directly into a wall. The path had once again split, and she didn't even notice.

Swerving her car to the left in fear, the woman let out a frustrated grunt. Narrowing her eyebrows, she began to yell. "You distracted me! Did you really push me into that monologue to make me crash? Fucking bastard!"

"Now don't be so vulgar, Quinn. Your soul says that you're very interested in what I meant. You just get upset with things you can't understand." The man responded, his car racing slightly in front of Quinn's.

Raising a brow, Quinn looked at the man with a dumbfounded expression. Shaking her head as she tried to figure out the logic behind D'Arby's words, she continued driving her slightly damaged car. "I thought you said you could see my brain currents. There is a difference between those and my soul, you know."

The man didn't respond, rolling his eyes at the question. Instead of interacting, he released his car into a boost, the woman following in pursuit. The two vehicles left a sea of smoke and exhaust behind them, mimicking the exact conditions of a NASCAR race.

On the other hand, Quinn's mind was filled with an idea. The thought had potential, if it were carried out correctly. But, she had to be agile with her thinking. This was her last chance at surviving this strange fight. If D'Arby could only see her soul, there should be a way to fence it off.

Exhaling from her nose, Quinn slammed her controller onto the table. The four men looked at her with confusion as she backed away from her chair. The woman's eyes slowly closed as she sat criss-crossed on the sand, her features relaxing completely.

"Q-Quinn, what are you doing? Are you seriously messing around at a time like this?" Joseph shrieked, his eyes looking like saucers as he yelled in terror. "Get off of the ground!"

Quinn remained silent, a content aura replacing her tense one. D'Arby raised a brow in confusion, gawking at the woman relaxing in the sand. She looked like she had no care in the world. A soft smile was spread across her face as her platinum locks loosely flowed in the wind. It was extremely alarming to not only D'Arby, but to her companions.

"What is the meaning of this? You know I can still sense your soul, right." D'Arby questioned, not noticing the sudden bead of nervous sweat trickling down his forehead. "You're up to something, aren't you."

Silence fell over the group once more, all of the men staring at Quinn. Jotaro in particular was furrowing his brows, wondering why the young woman was doing this all the sudden. He quietly whispered, "Is she meditating?" to himself.

"Mr. Joestar, do me a favor." Quinn said, her eyes still calmly closed. She seemed to be inhaling and exhaling at a certain rhythm, replicating the exercises that Joseph practiced many years ago. "Please use your Hermit Purple to substitute as a wire, I needed a more comfortable place to continue playing."

"O-Oh, of course!" The Old Man grumbled, grabbing the white controller from the coffee table the woman previously sat at. "But why?"

Not giving a response, the violet eyed woman gave a nod in D'Arby's direction, signaling for him to continue the game. Once again summoning Hypatia, the woman began gliding her fingers across the controller.

"Quinn you need to open your eyes!" Mr. Joestar screamed, horrified as he watched the woman play the game without sight. "Stop messing around!"

"No. Wait Mr. Joestar." Kakyoin interrupted, placing his hand gingerly onto the older man's shoulder. "Remember, Quinn's Stand can control electrical currents. I'm only assuming that she can understand them as well. She must be reading the directions and spacing of the surges of electricity the game gives out to help her navigate the screen. Almost like a computer, she is reading the codes of the game."

Quinn twitched in her spot, her shoulders shooting up almost fearfully. The men looked at the woman with extreme concern, wondering what had happened to make her jolt like that. To Jotaro, it seemed exactly like how she acted when having a nightmare.

"Now, dear Quinnzelle. Prepare to lose!" D'Arby chanted with triumph, preparing to read Quinn's soul again. Summoning Atum once more, he grinned psychotically as he began looking through her mind. "Your mind says that the next turn you'll take will be, a flaming ship? What in hell is this?" He yelled in confusion, startling the men as the young woman continued racing. "Your soul, I can't read your intentions!"

"What? How can this be..." Kakyoin muttered, continuing to stare at the woman with wide eyes. Quinn began to shake, the fear in her body visibly increasing. "And this terror she's displaying, what is going on?"

The gambler screamed in horror as he watched his car get rammed by the purple one, his left tire popping as the woman raced ahead of him. Sweat began pooling down his face in buckets, not being able to comprehend why or how this was happening to him. Never, in all his years of gambling, had he not been able to tell what the opponent's next move will be.

"Johnathan!" Quinn screamed, her eyes still completely shut. Her body was now shaking rapidly. The rhythmic breathing pattern she had previously turned into hyperventilation. The woman was having a very serious panic attack, yet she seemed to be dreaming throughout it.

"W-Who are these people?!" D'Arby questioned, slamming his controller onto the table. Somehow, Quinn was still pushing her car forward, the finish line becoming very close to her view. "Why is your soul projecting a memory?! Tell me Shiobana!"

"Erina, you have to leave!" The woman screamed in pure horror, tears pooling from the sides of her closed eyes. Her voice was extremely raspy, mimicking how someone stuck in a house fire would sound. Her companions watched in concern, now wondering what in hell was happening to their dear friend.

Joseph gasped at the name, his aqua eyes widening at the words emitted from Quinn's mouth. "Erina? You don't mean-"

"You're cheating! You have to be cheating. There is no way that I can't read your soul. Tell me what you did Quinnzelle, tell me!" D'Arby threatened, his eyes becoming bloodshot with desperation. He wobbled towards Quinn, who looked extremely horrified as she sat on the warm sand of the island. Jotaro was quick to jump into action, pushing the enemy away from the vulnerable woman.

"Jotaro! Your arm!" Kakyoin warned as the teen summoned Star Platinum. "Be careful, he's going to crush it!"

Weakly opening her eyes, Quinn pushed herself up from the ground. The men gawked at her in shock, wondering what just happened to her. Clearing her throat, the woman glared daggers at D'Arby. "No. He's already admitted defeat. He was too overwhelmed by the fact that he couldn't read my soul. Jotaro's arm is free."

"N-No! I let go of his arm on accident. I slipped, I haven't admitted defeat." D'Arby screamed, desperately trying to convince himself that he didn't just throw away his victory to anxiousness. "What the hell did you do!?"

Sniffling from the meltdown she just experienced, Quinn let out a small laugh. "I didn't do anything, D'Arby. It was actually your Lord who did."

Jotaro widened his eyes in shock, realizing what the woman just did. It all made sense. He remembered the past times where Quinn had daydreamed and began experiencing memories from the mind that didn't belong to her.

"You weren't looking at my soul, you were looking at DIO's. I guess the vampire forgot to tell you that the memories from Dio Brando have mixed with my own. You just tried to read the soul of a dead man!" The woman chanted, separating her Stand from the video game console before them. Smirking at the woman's cleverness, Jotaro walked beside the teen. Continuing to humiliate D'Arby, Quinn teased. "I was reliving one of his memories, and damn was it terrible. I still cannot believe that you guys follow his beliefs. But, hey, you can read my soul now."

"W-Wait, are you two going to do that 'Ora, ora' 'Ipatiya, ipatiya' thing?!" D'Arby questioned, fearfully backing away from the duo. His entire body quivered in agony, hearing the stories of the two overpowered Stands.

"Yes, yes, yes. Oh my god." Joseph responded, facepalming at the gambler's idiocy. Despite that, he did worry for Quinn. The man knew exactly what memory the teen had to relive. To put it simple, watching Johnathan Joestar die would leave a mark in the woman's mind for a while.

"Wait, here's a quick question. Who is going to hit you first, me or Quinn." Jotaro taunted, smirking at the cowering man as the teenage girl beside him struggled to hold in a laugh.

"P-Please, just hit me quickly with Star Platinum. It'll make the pain go quicker." D'Arby begged, desperate to get his death over with. On the other hand, Quinn's smirk went away.

"Are you saying that you think Star Platinum is stronger than my Hypatia?" Quinn questioned, her brows furrowing as she glared at Jotaro. "I was going to let you off easily, but now you've just made me even more angry.

Suddenly, Hypatia flung the man into the air. He let out a horrified shriek as Quinn gave Jotaro a malicious smirk. "A fast pitch coming straight for you. Knock it out of the park!"

"With pleasure." Jotaro said, a small smirk forming across his lips. Quinn's Stand mimicked the stance of Steve Carlton and hurdled the man towards her friend. Letting out a loud 'ora', Star Platinum punched D'Arby so hard that he went flying into the atmosphere.

"Home run!" Quinn cheered, raising her fist to the sky as a tired grin met her lips. Then unexpectedly, D'Arby caused the sky to crack. A large hole appeared where he landed, causing him to hurdle through it.

"Looks like we broke through some sort of wall." Joseph muttered, surprised that the island had just been a room after all. "You guys, we can get out from there."

The four crusaders nodded, desperately wanting to continue forward. Jotaro shook his head, tipping his signature hat over his eyebrows. Accompanying that, he let out a "Yare yare daze" followed by a frustrated sigh.

"What's with you?" Quinn questioned, her tired violet eyes attempting to meet Jotaro's ocean eyes. She was quick to notice that he was annoyed, considering that the two were just joking around a few minutes ago. "You sound upset."

"You really didn't need to do that." He sighed, following Kakyoin and Joseph as they walked distanced away from them. "You've already had to live through so much of that bastard's shit. Hell, you even were tricked into mixing his past with your reality. It isn't fucking right."

"I know, Jotaro. All of this is just fucked up. But believe it or not, if it hadn't been for those damn memories, I wouldn't have been able to win that fight." Quinn admitted, grabbing the hair tie from her wrist to secure her hair once more. A solemn look loomed over her face. "I'm the only one in the group who can alter their state of consciousness like that. If you or Kakyoin were called up, this could have ended badly."

"God dammit Quinn, what I'm trying to say is that it isn't good for you." Jotaro argued, silencing Quinn. The woman had a dumbfounded expression on her face as the male continued. "You can't keep putting yourself in danger to save m-"

"Really? That is hypocritical coming from you Kujo." Quinn said, her violet eyes sending daggers at the male. "All you've done this whole mission is jump in harm's way to save my ass. I'm returning the favor. I owe it to you."

"Quinn, you don't owe me anything." Jotaro muttered, looking forward towards the hole in the broken sky. "If anything it is the other way around."

A small smile met Quinn's lips as she turned to the teen, studying his chiseled face. In response, he gave her a confused look. "Well, since we both believe we're in debt to each other we should make a deal."

Stretching her calloused hand to Jotaro, the woman gave a toothy grin. Her face held pure honesty and determination as she awaited for him to seal the transaction. "We promise to walk out of here together. It's a deal we can't be willing to make, but a chance that we have to take."

"Tch." Jotaro said, a grin spreading across his stoic face. Reaching his hand out to Quinn's, he grasped her in his large hands. "Could you be any cheesier. You're making me cringe, damn woman."

"Sure. Totally not like your grinning right now." Quinn teased, playfully rolling her eyes.

"Hey, are you two coming?" Kakyoin questioned as he used Hierophant Green to maneuver to their next destination. "We don't have all day."

"Yeah, we're coming." Quinn called out in response, summoning Hypatia. She planned on using the wind to lift the duo up. Still hold onto the woman's hand tightly, the man gave a bittersweet smile as he felt the air push him towards the fake sky.

'Together... that's a dangerous request, Quinn. Even for us.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 178 11
"Are you scared of death?" "Depends, if I'm ready to die or not." - • - Almost a year has passed since DIO was defeated by Jotaro. Kakyoin miraculous...
2 0 1
A hundred years ago, the world didn't know it was saved by Jonathan Joestar, an english man who took hiw own life to defeat his fiend, Dio, while the...
1.2K 15 29
Base off my immortal and one dream I had. Follow our hero Gappy in her quest in love. Who will it be? Kakyoin, or DIO? We may never know... But more...
408K 13.9K 55
~ Kujo Jotaro, the popular guy in school for no reason other than being hot, strong and tall. He hates nearly everyone who approaches him and never...