Almost Paradise

By krimson27

Book 2 of Lucky! After going through a lot over the years, Camile is still not satisfied with what she has. W... More

Almost Paradise Part 2

Almost Paradise

125 2 2
By krimson27

Okay. I'm so excited for this:) so if you haven't read lucky yet, you should cause this is book 2.Actually it’s a short story that will have several chapters but won’t be long.  And read the prom excerpt that's in lucky because it's in this story though I will not add it in here. So go back:). Kkay. Here ya go!!! 

1.

"baby I love you, I never want to let you go. The more I think about the more I want to let you know..." Asher sang softly as he brought in the boxes. I sat on the wooden floor looking through all the boxes. We had bought our first house a month after our wedding. It had been great. 

I smiled as I listened to Asher sing. Everything was so perfect. I sighed and looked at our new home. It was a four bedroom house. It was beige on the exterior and gold walls in the interior. There was a fire place and a huge living room. We had our furniture all imported in and a grand piano in the corner of the living room. We hadn't bought a tv. We both didn't watch as much. Instead we got huge speakers and a radio. Asher and I shared the master bedroom. The other room was a study and the others were guest bedrooms. We were almost done with the unpacking. 

"hey babe, do you still want this box?" Asher said. He carried an old Nike shoe box." I smiled. "yes i do. Those my friend, are my high school photos." I said. Asher sat next to me on the floor and kissed me softly. "I hadn't seen these before." he smiled wickedly. "because they were hidden for a reason." I said. They were mostly pictures of Alex and I. Asher began to open the box. "aw you were so adorable in high school." he said. Holding up my ninth grade picture. I had brunette hair and no makeup. "oh shut it." I said. Asher continued to look through the pictures. There was a lot. 

"woah, what's this?" he said holding up a picture from senior prom. I looked at it. It was a candid shot alex took of me and the stranger when he kissed me. I hadn't known she took the shot. I stole the picture from her album. Till this day I didn't know who that was. "that is a long story." I said. "well we got a lot of time. Come on babe, story time with cami" he teased. I sighed and put the picture in front of him. 

"it all started after you stopped ignoring me." I said. (prom excerpt.) I told him of the masked stranger and how he kissed me and ran away with my mask. Asher listened intently, not interrupting. I finally finished telling him the story and he sat there quiet. 

"well. What do you think?" I said after a few minutes of silence. "I should have been the one to take you to prom." he said. He looked sad. "it's alright. Really it is. What I always wanted to know is who that boy was. And I'll never know." I furrowed my eyebrows. I actually forgot about it. But I could recall the boy with black hair and blond tips. He had red eye contacts. "that's a shame." Asher said. "I know. Whoever he was, he disguised himself well." I said. "yes. By the way you looked amazing." he said. "Asher, did you go to prom? You hadn't told me." come to think of it, he's never mentioned prom. " I did. For a short while, then I left. It wasn't my style." he smiled. "really. Do you have pictures?" I wish I'd seen him in his clothes. He'd be handsome in his dress suit at prom. "actually I don't have any. I do have this." he stood up and walked to the stack of boxes. He rummaged around. When he finally pulled a large black velvet box. He took his seat next to me. "what's in it?" I was anxious to see what was hidden in the box. Asher smiled but didn't say a word. He slowly opened the box. I couldn't see what was inside. He pulled out a needle with a diamond top. "this, held the flower on my vest. He handed it to me. It was very pretty. I set it on the floor. He then pulled out a black mask. "this is the mask I wore." he handed it to me. It was a plain black mask. I looked at the picture. It was hard to see the boys face. I furrowed my eyebrows. "and this I believe is what I stole." he pulled out a plain red mask. I slowly smiled. "you know stealing is a crime." I said and took the mask. It looked the same as the first time I bought it. "it was you all along." I said. Asher smiled. "I couldn't help myself. So that day I colored my hair black and got bleach to color the tips of my hair. I knew my eyes would be a dead giveaway so I wore the red contacts. And I couldn't speak or you'd know." he smiled. I can't believe I didn't think it would be Asher. Only Asher would have chosen red contacts. I looked at my mask in my hands. "why didn't you tell me sooner? Why did you leave me at prom?" I was curious to know. "it slipped my mind and I knew you'd pull off my mask and I didn't have the guts to face you. Not after what I did to you." he said. Looking into the box. "it's okay. I'm glad it was you and not some crazy person." "thank you. I enjoyed that kiss by the way." he was still smiling. "oh really?" I smiled. I put the masks back into the box with the needle. "yes really." he said. I kneeled in front of him and kissed him intensely he wrapped his arms around my waist. I held his shoulders. I would never get tired of asher's kisses. 

We finished unpacking all the boxes and went straight to bed. It was such a long day. I detested unpacking. I was exhausted and so was Asher. We’d have to sleep early because we had rehearsals at the academy tomorrow. We were to start a new production that was composed by Asher. He worked all night on writing it and wouldn’t let me see it. He said it was a surprise to everyone. He knew I hated surprises.

(Schyler’s POV)

“In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came. That voice that calls to me, and speaks my name…” I began to sing. It was our final production at WHS. I had landed the lead role of Christine from Phantom of the Opera. This play would be the last one I’d sing for at this school. I was graduating next month. Every time I stood on this stage in the auditorium, I get excited because I knew that five years ago, Camile Valentine sang on this very stage. I had seen her production when I was in seventh grade with my older sister. Once I seen her perform, I wanted to be just like her. I idolized her.

I knew that she was becoming famous from her New York productions. I was determined to go to the same school as her and try to ask her to tutor me. I wanted to learn from her. I know I was obsessive but it was Camile. She was a talented singer and I wanted to be just like her. Once I graduate, I’d go to new York to see her newest production. It was the New York Broadway Academy and I already had tickets to their recent production that’d be shown in June. Asher Night, who was like a god was performing too. I wasn’t surprised to find out Asher and Camile got married. When I watched their Way Back into Love performance, I knew they’d be together.

The production was finally over and my best friend Charmaine greeted me back stage. We had been friends since we were kids. She lived next to me our whole lives. “You sang great Sky. You hit the high notes great. I can tell you practiced.” She said. “Thanks. I have been practicing a lot.” I hugged her.

We went home together. I went straight to my room and stuck a red heart on my mirror. I always stuck a red heart sticker after I performed. I had five now on my mirror. I sat down on my dresser and brushed my long blond hair. It was so blond that it looked white. At first I didn’t like it but I’ve grown to embrace it. My bangs were side swept to the left, covering my blue eyes. My skin was pale. I felt like a corpse some times. I sighed and went to bed.

CAMILE POV

“5, 6, 5, 6, 7, 8! Step, ball change! Clap! Spin!” Marcus, the choreographer yelled at the front of the stage. I watched Asher next to me. He wore lose shorts and a plain black shirt. He looked so concentrated. I smiled. “From the Top!” Marcus yelled. We danced for several hours, learning steps and formations. It was a good exercise. After Choreography, we’d do vocals. It got tiring on some days.

We took a break. Asher and I sat in the middle of the stage drinking water. “you look like you got the moves down.” I said. “Hah. Stop lying. I’m not a fan of the whole step ball change.”Asher took a drink of his water. “im not lying.” I smiled. “sure sure. You look pretty today.” He said. I was just wearing shorts and an off the shoulder shirt and shoes. My hair was tied on the side of my head. I looked kind of retro. “why thank you.” I said. Asher just smiled. “Breaks over. Lets go!” Marcus yelled. I groaned.

Today’s rehearsal was brutal. Marcus pushed us harder today. Asher and I got take out today and went home to eat. I ate silently. Out of nowhere, the words “if it feels like work, quit.” Came to mind. Lately the production started to feel like work. I didn’t have fun anymore. “What are you thinking? You’re awfully quiet.” Asher said. he was looking at me. “oh just about my future with the academy is all.” I replied. Did I want to stay there, at the academy for a long time? I mean it was great but I can’t picture myself staying there for a long time. I had this new desire to tour and perform my own songs. I looked at our home. I loved this house and it would be so sad to barely be here. “And what future are you thinking of?” he said. I looked at him. “I don’t know, I just don’t know if I want to keep singing there anymore.” I said. “well it’s up to you. if you don’t want to stay in the academy, then what do you want to do?” he put his arm around me. “ I wan’t to tour the country. I want to write my music and I want you there with me if you want to.” I said. “You know I’d support you. but if that’s what you want then why not.” He said. “Maybe after this production.” I said. Asher nodded.

Was it selfish of me to ask Asher to accompany me to tour? What if he liked the Academy a lot. I would feel horrible making him come with me. I sighed and went to the study. I turned on my computer and checked my email. I had an email from a lady named Schyler.

“Dear Mrs. Night,

My name is Schyler Mendez and I attend WHS. I have always been a fan of yours since you attended this school and would like to learn from you. I will be graduating this year and was hoping you’d teach me all you know to help better myself. Please, Mrs. Night, it would be a dream come true.

Your Fan, Schyler.”

I reread the email several times. A girl from my Alma matter wanted me to give her lessons. I thought about it and flashbacks of my high school days hit me. Dreaming big. Should I help this girl? Did I have time to tutor this girl? No I didn’t. Not with the production and planning my tour. I just couldn’t do it. I sighed and replied to her email.

“Schyler,

It is wonderful that you look up to me. though I wish I could tutor you, I just don’t have the time right now. I’m sorry to let you down. But you can do anything if you set your mind to it. I know its cliché but it’s true. Work hard and I hope to see you one day.

-Camile V. Night.”

I sent the email. I felt bad for hurting this girl. But I just couldn’t teach her. I sighed. I could hear Asher playing Gaspard de la Nuit. I went to the living room and watched him play. He was so into his music.

SCHYLER POV

I constantly checked my email. No reply. I sat on my bed listening to music. My phone vibrated and I screamed. Camile actually replied. I read her reply and I frowned. Not the response I was hoping for. I felt depressed. She said no.

I didn’t care. I would still go to new York and I’d bother her until she’d teach me. People had to be persistent to get they want, and that’s what I intended to do. Camile Night, I hope you’re ready to tutor me because I will not stop bothering you until you agree. I smiled. one more month and I’d be in new York.

--------------------------------------

Remember this is going to be a short story. i feel there is nothing more for Camile and Asher. Though i hope you guys like it. sorry for any mistakes i hadn't proof read.

Continue Reading