sunflower daydream || b. rugg...

By marine_dinosaur

From being reincarnated into a rich girl with abusive parents in a world full of fantasies and magic (and Dis... More

𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕗𝕚𝕝𝕖
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟙
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟚
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟛
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟝
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟞
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟟
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟠
𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕒𝕝 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝟚: 𝕚𝕗
𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟡: 𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖
𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕖𝕩𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕤
uhm
hi!!

𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕒𝕝 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝟙: 𝕛𝕒𝕕𝕖 & 𝕞𝕚𝕣𝕒

555 32 12
By marine_dinosaur

aight i just realised chapter four shows yuu getting a phone from the headmaster which contrasts this story kinda 👀

but being the lazy ass i am im probably not gonna change it

so have a personal story that explains the loopholes of jade and miras relationship and y savanaclaw hasnt noticed her gender but jade did first.

***

One year ago

"Argh-! This magic makes me sick!"

Mira scrunched up her face as she propped herself on a set of stairs on the pathway, her blazer removed from her body as she tied it around her waist. Being a beginner of using identity-changing magic taught by her cousins had putten quite the toll on her energy, especially because she had a lot to learn as a first-year who was still unfamiliar with the policies and safety that came with being a wizard-to-be. The sun was fading away from her, its rays scarcely reflecting her amber eyes as the tangerine whisks of clouds mixed with the plain cobalt gradient over her head. A sigh escaped from her lips as she squatted, resting her cheeks on her arms.

With a click of her finger, a soft breeze passed her body - sparkles fading on her skin right as they appeared. A thin line plastered on her lips as she rubbed her temples. "Haaah, now that the magic is gone, I guess I'll just chill out here for a while."

As long as no Savanaclaw members with their sharp noses come here - they won't know there's a female in the academy.

I've almost been caught by a teacher just earlier because they had a great sense of magic...it's like they can see some sort of aura surrounding a body if they were using magic on themselves.

"Fufu, seems like you're quite exhausted there."

An unfamiliar voice woke her from her thoughts, causing her to whip her head behind her and face the origin of the calm input. Amber met beautiful heterochromatic eyes before noticing his tall height; the cause of her suddenly overwhelmed emotion clogging her larynx from speaking any further. Instead, she leered at him for a second as silence washed over them.

She stared at his teal hair with a couple of black strands swept to his left, his uniform correctly worn and buttoned fully. It was quite rare now to see students follow the uniform code around the campus. Her eyes focused on the armband, a shell positioned on a salient location and tentacles rising from the corners.

"G-Good afternoon, I guess?" She managed to say, the chirps of birds flocking around the pathway in search of scraps. The male decided to sit beside her, resting his long legs on the pewter grey pavement decorated in the form of bricks.

GAAH, that scared me! I thought some member from Savanaclaw had caught me or something. Guess I'll start practising to get used to this sort of magic if I don't want to get exposed someday.

Her attention was brought to a little glass bottle that carried a purple liquid, bubbles rushing to the surface. She wondered why the glassware took the form of a shell, then quickly coming into the realisation that the student beside her was from Octavinelle. Despite knowing, she had no knowledge of the dorm that was founded on the mercy of the Sea Witch.

"What's that?" She asked, pointing at the said object in his grasps. He gave a comfortable smile and lifted his arm before gently shaking it. Her eyes carefully traced its figure before giving him a confused but fascinated look.

"It's a potion that allows someone to forget a certain event that they wish of," he answered as if he was impressed himself. Thinking that perhaps he wasn't the one who made it, she hummed in understanding and glanced back at the watch on her wrist. It was still too early for her to head back to her dorm and deal with the ghosts parading inside the building, so she decided to stay a bit longer until the unknown student had left her alone.

Her eyes widened when she saw the bottle on her palm.

"I'll give this to you. The client who wanted this first decided to change his mind," he finally said before glancing at the skies, complimenting the beauty of it. Mira wasn't one to gladly accept things that random people gave her, causing her to suddenly feel suspicious.

"You're saying that you're giving this to me for free," she furrowed her eyebrows and hitched her voice up. "Even though we just met a minute ago and we don't know a single thing about each other? What sort of moti—"

"Jade Leech is my name," he interrupted with the same smile, his eyes closed in a polite manner. "Now that you know my name I guess we do know each other in some way."

"D-Damn smooth," she muttered before another sigh escaped her lips. She contemplated how long she had been sighing for, the exhaustion continuing to pile up and not leaving her any mercy. "I'm Amir Delacroix. As I was saying, why are you giving this to me? It's unusual to greet and give someone a potion without some sort of basis."

"That's because I have a favour to ask of you," he stated before a completely different aura changed. Once she blinked, her eyes caught on the completely different attire — not only could she no longer see his uniform, but he was wearing his sports uniform, a huge willow basket thing strapped on his shoulders. Furiously blinking in utter confusion, Mira gaped her mouth in horror to what his proposal would be about. "I heard that your unique magic allows you to search for information."

"So?" She ushered him to continue despite awkwardly looking at his change of attire. "Are you telling me to go on an adventure with you or something?"

"You see, I'm in the Loving Mountain club..."

"Loving what-what-what?"

"And I researched that there is a super rare mushroom that can only be found at dusk."

Mira puffed her cheeks in order to hold her laugh but to no avail could she handle the cumbersome situation any longer. She found herself jerking backwards, her hands on her stomach to stop it from hurting as she guffawed, tears almost escaping her eyes as Jade watched her break her calmness in an instant. Despite the slight chuckles still running out of her mouth, she wiped her eyes before looking at him in amusement. It had been a long time since someone as interesting as him had appeared out of nowhere, gave someone a random potion that they possibly didn't need, then asking them for a favour.

"Y-You— ahAhaHAH! You're a funny guy!" She pointed to him before taking a deep breath in order to stop acting rude in front of the stranger. "It's been a while since I've met someone as straightforward as you. Finding a super rare mushroom, huh? You've got quite the hobby there."

Jade's eyes were still widened as the girl smiled in front of him, unbeknownst of the loudness of her voice as she stood up from the flight of stairs on the ground. First of all, he wasn't expecting the person he researched about to help him was a female — but to think that she had such a personality was appalling to him. Of course, it wasn't the first time he had seen her around all alone on the campus; she had such a menacing and murderous aura every time she was walking down the hallway that no one had ever dared to talk to her.

"W-Will you guide me?" He stuttered, which was quite unusual for someone like him who had always thought he had kept his composure checked. He, too, stood up before dusting his pants — eyes still focused on the short seaweed hair. With short hair like that, it made him question why she had a hair tie secured on her wrist.

"I have time to kill, so why not?" She exclaimed before clicking her fingers, the identity-changing magic making its way to her body and switching her scent. Jade could no longer smell the scarce aromas of lavender from her; replaced with absolutely no scent at all. It was as if her vessel had lost a human feature. Mira, thinking that only the keen noses only came from one dormitory, was unknown to the fact that the man right in front of her knew her true identity in a single second. "The mountains...where were they located again? I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in this direction..."

Heck, it's even bigger than my university if I can recall.

Draped in a more appropriate set of clothing that Jade had miraculously brought for her prior to their meeting, Mira set off with her guest to venture through the mountains, finding herself amazed by the fact that the land behind the campus was without her knowledge. With the help of Jade's comprehension of the campus, they managed to find their way to the entrance of the mountains — the meagre fragrance of dust and greenery that somehow calmed them down as they walked through the minor obstacles. Mira blinked when she heard a faint rustle from the distance, stopping her tracks and putting her hand out beside her to stop Jade from walking as well.

"Was it just me or was there some noise..?"

"Noise? What type of noise?"

"The rustling of bushes," she hummed in confusion before shrugging. "Don't worry about it, it's probably just my imagination."

Trees towered over them as they continued discussing and researching using her unique magic. At first, the questions they had wondered was the appearance that it took — then the location that it stood thriving on the ground. She was glad the information wasn't useful for her, but him, so the number of questions she could ask didn't deplete her of her energy and health. In fact, she didn't know hiking up with a prize in mind was as enjoyable as playing video games back when she was hanging around at school in Japan.

Despite wanting to remember, nothing much about her past came into mind anyway.

"This has to be a joke," she muttered to herself as she stared at their destination. What they saw in front of them was more than just a mushroom, but one the size of a tree. She felt sweat trickle down her cheek as she stared at it in complete awe. Turning her head slowly like a robot to meet Jade's figure expecting him to have the same reaction as she did, all she could do was stay speechless when she saw sparkles surrounding him.

If it's THAT tall, how did no one in the academy notice when venturing down the mountains? Unless we're the first ones to hike this far using my unique magic and his guidance about mountains...

He gave a wider smile as he rested his equipment down to the grass, laying out some materials that were worryingly sharp. Mira propped herself on the grass lazily, close to falling asleep if it weren't for her fingers forcing her eyelids open. Taking notice of the latter, she rose her back and stared at him in a confused manner. "How do you think you're getting that to your mushroom collection? It's the same damn size as the Sequoia sempervirens."

"Unfortunately I don't know what those words mean...but I do have an idea how to resize it," he answered before taking out the smallest object from his insane luggage. Mira cocked a brow when she saw another glass bottle, unlike the shell-shaped one that stayed in her pocket. Instead, it was legit a normal glass secured with a cork; a tag tied around its neck reading 'drink me'. Trying to remember where she had seen the same concept, her eyes laid on the liquid a little longer.

"Resize it? You mean...you're gonna use that potion to make it smaller?"

"That's right — and then use this piece of cheese to modify it back to its original size."

"Woah, woah wait— do you even have space if you revert it back!?"

"...I'll manage."

Mira sighed before watching him pour half of the contents of the potion down at its roots. In an instant, it shrunk like some early 2000s CG; relating it to when she resized images on her computer without realising how disproportionate it was from its width x length ratio. Finding herself lopsidedly widening her lips in memory, she walked closer to the now normal-looking mushroom; the caps of it ever so slightly changing colour from the petals of bluebells to teasels.

"It's quite pretty," she admitted as she used a garden trowel, circling a decent amount of dirt around it before using her gloved hands to push it from the surface. A ray of painted sunshine bore on her face as she turned it around in her grasp, then gently placing it down on a what seemed like an expensive display case. "Now that we found it, how 'bout we go back? It's getting quite dark...holy, it's almost ten — curfew's at eleven!"

"That's true," Jade gave her a smile of triumph before storing back the equipment that now rested on his back. The pair began tracking down the mountain, eyes on their surroundings to make sure they did not go the wrong way. As they noticed the familiar sign with an arrow that somewhat ushered them to quicken their pace, their rushing had paused from speed-walking to the regular stroll. "Thank you for your help today, Amir-san. I wonder if I can repay you any further...what are you looking at?"

Mira's amber orbs laid on an iconic fungus that rested on the sidewalk path, lips shaking as she pointed at it with a finger. "T-That...IT'S A SUPER MUSHROOM!"

Her eyes twinkled in excitement as she pulled him by his sleeve, then running over to it and squatting at its small size. "Hey, hey — can we take this one too? Have you seen it before?"

"That's quite a peculiar looking mushroom..." he said as they both continued to stare at the mushroom's pair of eyes. "It doesn't seem to have roots in the ground and it has eyes — how interesting."

"I wonder how it got here!" She beamed before curling her palms to pick it up.

"What did you say it was called?"

"A super mushroom," Mira repeated before poking the short but fat stem. "Consuming it increases your size. It's kinda like the piece of cheese you've got there."

Jade placed a hand near his chin and nodded in understanding, then finding himself staring at the rare smile that rested on the latter's face. For a moment, he contemplated what was so scary about her that made people avoid her besides teachers. If anything, he thought that he could be good friends with her. His train of thoughts was interrupted when she stood up from her crouching, mushroom in hand, before looking up at his heterochromatic orbs.

"Let's go before we get caught by a staff member — they chase you like there's no tomorrow," she reminded before they both walked their way back to the campus. Her field of vision stayed on his walking pace; despite the long legs that could have gone to his dorm much faster than she can, he had decided to walk on the same pace as she did. 

"How about I walk you to the Ramshackle dorm first?"

"How do you even know that I live in the Ramshackle dorm?"

"Just some research."

Mira whipped her head to his direction with the same suspicious look that was on her face when Jade had initiated their first conversation. "You seemed to have done quite a lot of research then...I'm sure even the headmaster doesn't know where I'm lodging at...where did you get all this info from?"

Jade leered at her with purely confused eyes. "You don't know? Despite you being in a completely different class, you have quite the reputation."

"Reputation? For what?"

"Being scary."

Mira grunted, feeling a weight of gravity fall on her head as an irk mark popped on her forehead, her fists clenching to bear the pain. Seeing her face scrunched up in detest, Jade couldn't help but open his mouth to let out a little chuckle — and it didn't go unnoticed. "Jade? Did you just laugh?"

His eyes widened at her question, then shut his lips closed and breathed out. "I apologise, that was rude of me wasn't it?"

"No."

"No?"

"You should laugh often," she remarked with honesty, not seeing the cons of his true nature. Mira then pointed to her ears with a smirk. "It's pleasant to hear a genuine laugh especially when you're the cause. Oh, of course if you're not treated as a joke or something—!"

"Fufufu, despite you calling me a funny guy; you're quite interesting yourself."

She furrowed her eyebrows at him. "Me? Interesting? I'm usually labelled boring and all...but never interesting. Should I be taking that as a compliment?"

"You should."

"Then thank you very much young sir," she joked as she bent down for a curtsey, hands holding onto the thick air instead of a dress. Ambers then caught sight of the building's silhouette far from the misty atmosphere. "The Ramshackle dorm is right there, so I suppose you can leave now."

"That's a shame. I wanted to converse with you more," he said before placing two hands on his face. "This brings me much sadness, boo-hoo."

Mira squinted at his false dismay before forcefully removing his hands from his face by holding his wrists. "'Boo-hoo', huh? Funny, your face tells me otherwise."

"My — of course not. Well then, I'll see you some other time when we meet," Jade said as Mira loosened her grip, letting her hands rest on her hips. She lifted her eyebrows and waved a hand indicating his dismissal, earning a wave in return as his figure dissipated from the mist. Her eyes blinked before finding herself back in her school uniform, the Super Mushroom still in her grasps and the potion hung around her neck as a necklace.

What a weird dude.

🌻

"Ah, it's you."

Mira stared at the tall male of the same grade, finally meeting him by chance at the cafeteria. It was rare for her to buy food at the cafeteria considering that she was trying to up her skills at cooking, so discovering the man she had conversed with days ago was nothing more than a pure coincidence. Jade looked down to see the familiar seaweed haired female who came over to take the last vacant seat in the entire room.

Her eyes traced at the other two students who were sitting on the same table — one with silver hair and glasses with dietary food on his plate and the other having an uncanny resemblance to Jade. Feeling oddly surrounded by Octavinelle students, she settled herself beside the different-looking man; seeing that the twins were sitting together.

"It's a coincidence that we meet again, Amir-san," Jade greeted with a close-eyed smile as he looked up from his bowl of mushroom soup.

A smirk made its way to Mira's lips as she sharply gazed at the students who were too afraid to approach their table; approximately ten more times frightened by the fact that she had entered the team. "I'm sure it's just because no one wants to sit here, though. There are kids even sitting on the floor. Anyways, how's your rare mushroom going?"

"Rare mushroom? Jade, did you bring another one back?" The silver-haired student asked in an irritated tone. "Ah! Now that I realise it, there was a mushroom that I haven't seen before. It was the skinny one that always changed colour in the glass case, wasn't it?"

"Thaat's right~ Jade keeps on bringing weird mushrooms home it's getting annoyinng!" The twin growled as they both stared at Jade's calm and collected composure. Mira pursed her lips, wondering if she had asked the wrong question after meeting him. It reminded her of a scenario where someone brought a pet home because they felt pity for it despite their parent not allowing it.

Jade frowned before pulling the miniscule display case from his blazer pocket where his magical pen would have been, the resized mushroom still enjoying its life inside. "The truth is...I've been carrying it every single day and tending it..."

But for a mushroom to be denied...this is probably a top-tier soap opera.

"I find no problem in keeping a mushroom collection, though?" She lifted a hand up to gain attention. Before she knew it, all three gawked at her in surprise — their hands dropping their cutlery except the carefree looking twin who almost dropped his burger instead. "U-Uh...did I say anything wrong?"

"Then, would you most kindly like to take care of the mushroom that Jade has brought without our consent?"

"A-Azul—"

"Thaanks for your patronagee~! I should give you a nickname...ah! Salmon-chan!"

"Floyd— not you too!"

Mira gazed at Jade's slightly panicked expression before looking back at the other team. "I mean, I don't mind. You should get Jade to decide on this first. Wait — where did salmon come from?"

"Of course I won't mind if you take care of it for me— but don't feel pressured by these two," Jade reassured, pushing Floyd's face away from Mira's side of the table. She wondered why they were so against his hobby for loving mushrooms. They had interesting forms that appalled even her, so why did they not support him?

"Nah, it should be alright. I have nothing to do much in the Ramshackles, so taking care of a few mushrooms wouldn't change much," she explained before seeing the case slide to her side of the bench. Taking it and placing it inside her unbuttoned blazer's breast pocket, she then looked up at the three that gave them looks of respect.

Azul brightened a pure smile before taking her hands. "We'll leave it to you then— uh..."

"A-Amir Delacroix," she said offguard by the sudden skin contact. "Is this really something to be happy about? You're oddly close. Social distance. Social distance."

"I-I apologise," he stuttered as he returned to his usual attitude, withdrawing his hands before standing up from his seat. "I have some matters to attend to with the headmaster about the cafè that's been open for a while now. Make sure to participate in all your classes, Floyd."

"Tch, you don't neeed to tell me!"

"Thank you once again, Amir-san."

"All goods."

Watching the disappearing figure rush out of the cafeteria in shocking speed, the girl rushed her french fries in silence as she heard the twins bicker about not bringing mushrooms back to their dorm. She carefully observed the disturbing stares that she had received from the students waiting in line for their order, hands over their mouths to discuss the unusual relationship between the sole member of the Ramshackle dorm and Octavinelle. Mira was definitely not a fan of gossip despite sometimes acting like one for the laughs; her eyes sharply hunted every single student down as if it could shoot arrows.

As expected, the number of stares had decreased drastically as she stood up to bring her tray to the counter, following the twins who did not stop their conversations.

"I have my astrology elective right now, so we're going different ways," Mira said before yawning, not being a fan of such theories circulating astrology. Despite it being a popular topic for girls when she was in high school for her previous life, she never believed such frauds printed on the monthly beauty magazines being sold in almost every convenience store.

"Bye-byeee Salmon-chaan!"

"We'll see you then, Amir-san."

Mira turned her back from them as she strolled to her next class before her eyes caught a silhouette coming from behind her. Her eyes lowered, seeing a shadow following her figure despite the lack of footsteps in contrast to her own. Suspicious, she turned around to find no one there. Pursing her lips in confusion, she continued to walk a little more; still minding the figure that started to appear behind her again.

Quite irritated by the sudden being tracing her, she stopped her tracks. Not turning around, she lifted her head in front of her. "You've been following me for a while now...probably ever since yesterday at the mountains. Who are you?"

In an instant, she heard a slight whimper coming from behind her. Slowly turning her head over to meet the origin of her suspicions, she was met with a random student owning deep blue hair and brown eyes.

"H-Hello..." He whispered, shyly hiding in the corner that separated the hallway from the flight of stairs. "I-I'm not a suspicious person! I'm a member of Pomefiore...and a new employee of Mostro Lounge..."

"Mostro Lounge? What's that?" Mira asked, arms folded as she ceased to let her guard down. "I don't really plan on taking a part-time job right now..."

"T-That's not it!" His voice slightly got louder which shook Mira from her sleepy daze. "You might be scary and all — but to me, Octavinelle is the scariest right now!"

"Octavinelle...?"

"You went to the mountains with Jade-san didn't you? You also hung out with them just then," the figure clarified as his voice still shook in fright. "You don't know what they've done...from the looks of it, Jade-san is planning to use you next—!"

"Use? What do you mean?" Her eyes sharpened as she stepped closer, hearing a slight whimper from him due to her cold aura. "Before you spout such nonsense, use evidence."

"Jade-san's unique magic! Do you know what it is?" He asked in a desperate tone, pointing a finger to grab her attention. "It's called 'Shock the Heart' and it forces the truth from your mouth. Imagine what things he can do with the things you say!? Truth is, I didn't want to work at the Mostro Lounge...but because I said hurtful things under his unique magic, he forced me to work there until a certain time span. Don't be influenced by his charm!"

What's this guy saying..? Unique magic? He doesn't seem to be lying about that part...

Does that mean his motif by strengthening our bond is to get some type of truth from me?

Mira felt thunder shutter down her back as she stepped closer, holding his collar and hearing him yelp in horror. Despite being shorter than him, her murderous aura that surrounded her absorbed any overwhelming feelings in the hallway. With a snarl, she glared at him as flames waltzed in her amber orbs. "Tell me more."

🌻

"What are you saying?"

"'Let's not be more than students of the same academy' is what I'm saying."

Jade felt his grip on the metallic trays slip from his gloves as his eyes widened, the heterochromatic orbs reflecting the girl's suddenly enraged composure in front of him. Hearing the crashes of glassware, Azul and Floyd quickly made their way to the counter with surprised looks. The girl in front of them, her hands stuffed in her blazer pockets and a conflicted look stiffened on her face.

"Whaat, whaat? Did something happen?" Floyd asked, wondering why there was a stuffy aura whisked in the cafè. "Look at all these drinks on the floor!"

"I was wondering," Mira began, a frown resting on her lips as she focused on Jade. "'Why did this guy suddenly come up to me and ask me to help him?'. 'Why does he know so much about me, my unique magic — my dorm...?'. 'What do I know about him besides being a dorky person passionate for mushrooms?'. Then it dawned on me. I actually don't know anything about you."

Azul furrowed his eyebrows, hands out to reassure her. "Amir-san? What do you—"

"Your unique magic. It bothers me," she heard her voice crack despite continuing to speak. "The truth? Heck, there's barely anything I even know about me. It bothers me, y'know? That one day, you'd use your unique magic on me and everything I've been scared of knowing somehow escapes my lips like some incurable disease — that one day...I'll just hurt you without even knowing my true feelings."

She then looked back up at his beautiful eyes. "I'm sorry. Someone told me about you. They lied about you being a bad guy — and I got so enraged about it I almost punched him to death. You're not bad; none of you guys are. I'm the bad one."

"That's not the truth, Amir-san," Jade began, removing his fedora and walking closer to her. "Truthfully, I wanted to be friends."

"I'm going to drink it."

"Pardon?"

"The potion that allows you to forget everything you want," she said although it came out like a whisper. "If I was a good person, I wouldn't be scared of the truth. Everything that would come out of my mouth would be all stars and comets — a blessing. Of course, no one's really like that...but what I spit out is poison. I'm a walking curse, a hazard — if I continue to know more about you then it's the same as turning a sword at you."

"That doesn't mean you have to drink it," he said as his grip on the metallic tray tightened. "I'll never use it on you."

She gave a little smile before turning her back to the entrance. "You'll never know. I've been brought up to keep check of such dangers — if it's not less than a certain percentage then I'll have to get rid of it; no matter what anyone says, it's empty if you peel the sentence off anyways. This is for the best of both of us. I guess this is bye-bye, huh?"

"Amir-san!"

"If you ever see me in the campus, don't be nice, okay?" She asked.

Jade bit his lip before his legs sprinted over to the entrance, his hand curling around her wrist which pulled her back. "Shock the heart!"

"J-Jade!? What are you—"

"What's your favourite beverage?"

Her eyes widened before her lips automatically opened, her mind absolutely blank. "Alcohol, maybe? I really like caffeine drinks, but maaan~ some beer and spicy chicken really hits home, right!?"

Before she knew it, her hands slapped on her mouth; panic written all over her face. Her eyes automatically traced to Azul's conflicted expression, Floyd's confused but amused agape mouth and finally, Jade's bittersweet smile.

"W-What did I—?"

"The next time you come here," Jade whispered as he loosened his grip on her wrist. Holding the metallic tray with both his hands and showing his set of sharp teeth, Mira swore she swore sparkles in her field of vision. "I'll prepare you some bitter drink. I won't be giving you any alcohol — that might screw our business up; but I am sure to present you with a drink that'll make you smile genuinly."

She felt her amber orbs stop in a trance before her lips curled. "Like you haven't seen my smile enough, mushroom fanatic."

🌻

Mira found herself resting on the dusty, navy lined sofa — ghosts staying silent and whispering about her exhausted demeanour. Wrapped around her neck, the liquid bottle capped with a glass cork. She unclipped it from the back of her neck, finally no longer under the connotations of the stunning elixir. It wasn't long when they had first met, yet she felt like she had some sort of friendship with him that perhaps she didn't want to forget.

"What's the lady looking at that for?" Ghost A asked as it looked at Ghost B.

Ghost B shrugged. "I think she's high. She even brought this small mushroom and planted it at the front of the building before throwing what she called the 'super' mushroom and increasing its size into a giant!"

Ghost C chuckled. "She hasn't been drinking booze ever since she came to this world — was what she said when she first moved here."

"Argh—! Shut up you damn ghosts!" She whined, kicking her legs on the armrest of the couch. "Aight, I'm gonna drink it!"

Her eyes closed, she open her mouth as the contents entered; expecting it to be some disgusting liquid mixed with who-knew-what. Mira suddenly opened her mouth in astonishment, a pout resting on her lips as the potion made its way down her throat.

"It's damn sweet for a moment that looks kinda depressing, huh?"

🌻

"Jaade-kun? We're going to be late for the entrance ceremony if you keep standing there staring at that student skipping the occasion, y'know?"

Jade blinked before his olive and gold orbs followed the shorter male in front of him, meeting his lazy grey eyes as the latter pointed at the door. "The vice dorm leaders have to meet up with the dorm leaders first — so I guess we have to squish through this hungry crowd of people to enter the  Mirror Chamber."

"Let us go then, Ruggie-san," Jade said with a content look on his face. Ruggie gave him a confused look before shrugging his shoulders, dismissing how weird Jade reacted all of the sudden. As they both made their way inside, Jade hid the smile across his lips as he thought of the girl who rushed her way home holding the 300-page notebook with a tired exhaustion planted on her features.

He didn't mind staring at her clumsiness from the distance after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 731 6
~I'd rather be shiny~ "The damage to the property will cost a fortune. Not to mention, it will take me hours to fill out the proper paperwork. I hope...
44.2K 2K 43
Lucien Valentin, a self-proclaimed outcast, is now trying to expand his none-existing social circle. It's not too late to start socializing now that...
16.3K 378 71
Alerie Lewyn known by others yet forgotten, wakes up in the coffin at the prestigious school Night Raven College in Twisted Wonderland with no memory...