Southside: a story of us: par...

By princessbetty18

It's been 6 months since Hal Cooper's murder. Ten months since she had met Jughead and almost a year since th... More

Summer Party
First day blues
The new kid
Weekend shenanigans
Who is FP Jones?
Dazed and confused
Fast times at Riverdale High
Things we do at night.
Dark Day's
Revelations
Everyday is something new.
Halloween
The Jacket
Judgement day
The Showdown
Family

Homework and more

612 16 0
By princessbetty18

The Serpent King does something that he thinks should be exempt from. Homework. He hates school work and when you bring it home, he hates it even more. He sees no point in it.

So, he is sitting on the sofa in the living room of the trailer he lives in. He is trying to ponder the meaning of life while trying to do all this homework that they all got assigned to them on the first day of school. Really? The first day. It puts him in a mood, which he can't do anything about because the beauty sitting next to him will not be happy. He can't have an unhappy Queen.

Jughead looks up and sees everyone doing their homework. Why does this even matter? He bets they won't even use this after high school. He flips the page. "Why is Trigonometry a required course? When will I use this crap?" he asked. Not one person responded to him. They are all caught up in their home work. "Ahhhhhhh!" he screamed.

Now they all look at him. Betty snorts when she sees the look on his face. Toni throws a pillow at him for disturbing her.

"Do you feel better now, Jones?" She said, laughing.

"I would feel better If I wasn't ignored." he said.

"Awe, Baby, we weren't trying to ignore you." Betty said as she kissed him. "It's just well, it's homework." she adds.

That word again, Homework. He is trying to decide if he should ban homework. If it's not allowed you can't do it. Jughead shook his head. He knew it wouldn't work, but it was a nice thought.

Betty leaned in to him. "It's our last year, Juggie. Keep remembering that. Then it's me and you, all day, everyday." she adds.

He chuckled. "There's one problem with that," he said.

"Oh, and what's that?" she asked as she went back to writing in her notebook.

"I have all of that now." he said, smirking.

She chuckled. "Oh, I know." she said. "But with no homework" she adds laughing.

He smirked.

The door to the trailer opens and Archie and Fangs walk in. Jughead immediately gets up when he sees the look on their faces.

"Bro, we need to talk." Archie said.

Jughead nods "Girl's, we will be right back" he said. Then they walk outside the trailer. Sweets comes out shortly and joins them. Normally he would talk inside with them, but Josie is there. "Whats up?" Jughead asked.

"So, we were minding our business watching Mr Muller outside of school. Kai then showed up. Mr Muller handed him a briefcase then Kai left." Archie said.

"So, the teacher works with the Ghoulies. This isn't all that surprising. Did you happen to see Penny there?" he asked.

"No, just Kai and a few other ghoulies." Archie said. "But that's not what I wanted to tell you, or rather show you." Archie adds.

Fangs pulls out his phone and hands it to Jughead. He takes the phone and he sees a picture of Jason Blossom. "Hmm, I knew he was into some shady shit." Jughead said.

"Cheryl did say she thought he was involved with the ghoulies. She also mentioned that her dad had dabbled in the drug trade too." Archie said.

"Yeah I remember. They could all be working together."Jughead said as he lit the cigarette that he had been holding. "This pretty much proves it." he adds.

"I don't know. Maybe a little more proof would make things a little easier." Sweets said.

"Yeah, you're right." he said as he turned and looked out the open window. "Cheryl needs to know." Jughead said. "Also, I want a meeting in 2 hours," he adds.

"Will do. I'm going to go take Josie home." Sweets said.

They walk back inside and the girls are in the same spot, doing the same thing. Betty looks up at him and smiles. "Your homework is done." she said.

"You didn't have to do that. I would have done it." he told her as he sat down next to her.

"Oh, I don't mind. It was easy." she said.

Jughead made a face. Trigonometry was not easy. Now english he loved, he could do that with his hands tied behind his back. But math, math would be his demise.

Jughead pulled her into his lap and started to kiss her. The books she was holding fell all over the place. One hit Toni in the back of the head.

"Get a room." Toni said as she rubbed her head.

"My house." jughead smirked as he continued to kiss Betty. Toni rolled her eyes.

"That is our cue to leave." Sweets said as he stood up, Josie followed him.

"Yeah, I have band rehearsal tonight. Thanks for having me." Josie said.

"Please come back anytime." Jughead said as he peaked around Betty, who was giggling.

"Jones, rude," Toni laughed.

He just rolled his eyes. He didn't care.

"Thanks and I will." She smiled. "Bye everyone." she said, waving as Sweets took her hand and they left.

After they left Jughead told the girls what Archie had told them. Showed the picture to Cheryl. She shakes her head. Archie comes back in and sits down.

Jughead thought he had a solid agreement with Penny. Something has changed and he needs to know what. She hasn't been seen since the incident at the prison. If she is gone and Kai is in charge, It's a whole new ballgame. He tolerated Penny. He despises Kai. He makes a mental note to go see if the ghoulies are still at the warehouse.

Cheryl sighed as she finally spoke after being shown the photograph. "I never really had proof that they were involved with drugs. It's just some weird occurrences that I witnessed and things I've heard that made me suspect. It makes sense now why they got so angry with me when I joined the Serpents." she said. She then turned and looked at Jughead. "I'm quite shocked they haven't come to me and asked me to spy for them." she adds.

"I've wondered that myself," Jughead said.

"I never would, You have to know that." she said.

"I know, I never thought you would." Jughead said.

Cheryl smiles and nods.

"Do you think your father is a ghoulie?" Jughead asked her.

"I don't. The stuff he's been in has been around a lot longer than the ghoulies been in town." she said.

"Okay, we need to keep an eye on them." he said

"I can try, but if I start spending more time at Thornehill they may start to suspect something." Cheryl said.

"Well, that makes sense. So I guess we should just keep an eye on them when we can." he said." Also, we have a Serpent meeting in a few hours." he adds,

"Ugh" Toni said as her head fell back against the sofa in exasperation.

"Something wrong?" Jughead asked as he arched his brow.

"I'm exhausted and I wanted an easy night" she said,

"Oh" he said. It has been a long day. " I'll make it a fast meeting. We just have to go over the information we got." he said.

"Okay, as long as you feed me." she smirked.

"That's my line." Jughead chuckled.

Toni laughed,

"Archie, order pizza." Jughead told him. He nods and gets up and goes into the kitchen.

Toni shakes her head. Jughead laughed again. "It's food so get over it." he smirked.

Betty lays her head on his shoulder. He looked down and smiled.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. I have a 3 day suspension. Make sure that asshole keeps his filthy drug ridden hands off of my Betts." he said.

"Really? Do you think we would allow that." Toni scoffed,

Jughead just shrugged his shoulders.

Toni rolled her eyes."We can handle it." Toni said. He smirked. He knows they can, he just likes to push Toni's buttons. She makes it too easy . "One day I'm going to kick your ass." she adds.

"No you won't. You love me." he smirked.

"Whatever." she said, rolling her eyes.

Jughead stands up and picks Toni up and throws her over his shoulder. Cheryl laughs. Betty just watches.

"Children stop." Archie yelled as he came in and sat down,

"Yes dad." Both Jughead and Toni said.

Betty starts giggling. "Now thats funny." she said,

"The food will be here in 25 minutes, "Archie said.

Jughead sits Toni down and blows her a kiss. She flips him off. Betty just shakes her head. This right here is what makes everything worth it. Family.

After awhile the food shows up which makes everyone happy. Fangs arrived shortly after. He comes in and takes a piece of Pizza and sits in the recliner. "So Kevin wants to do another bowling night," he said.

Toni smirks.

"Pick a day and let me know." Jughead said.

"Will do." Fangs said.

The door opens and Sweets comes back from dropping Josie off. "Thank god, food. I'm starving." he said.

"Kitchen." Jughead said.

Sweets nods and gets him a plate full of pizza and comes and sits on the floor next to Toni. "Josie wants to know if you guys want to come see her and the Pussycats perform in a few weeks. There's a new club opening in Shoreview." Sweets said.

Betty got really excited.

"Absolutely. I'll talk to Kevin" Fangs said.

"Sounds so cool." Archie said.

"I wonder why she never auditioned for the Vixens." Cheryl said.

They all turn and look at her.

"What? I was just wondering, that's all." she said.

"Stay you Cher." Toni said as she leaned in to kiss her.

"We would love to Sweets, get back with us on the day and time." Jughead said.

Sweets nods. "Will do boss," he said.

They finish eating and they chill for the remainder of the time, before they have to leave for the Wyrm

~

A few hours later Jughead and Betty had just walked through the doors of the Wyrm. They go and sit down at their regular booth. He's waiting for the rest of the Serpents to arrive before he starts. His inner circle soon arrived. He gets up, kisses Betty on the forehead and goes up on stage.

"Thanks for coming to this last minute meeting. If it wasn't important I would've waited until our normal meeting time. First, ghoulies are back in town. I know it didn't last long. I haven't seen Penny yet but I will find her and figure out what's going on. Next, it seems they are working with an asshat at the school. A new teacher, Mr Muller also known as the Candyman. Who also seems to be working with the blossoms. So I need a few volunteers to watch these men closely. I know Mr. Muller will be the hardest, especially during the day. But we can do that." He said.

"Blossom as in Cheryl?" someone asked.

"Yes, the same. I can assure you she has nothing to do with this." Jughead said.

"How can you know that?" another asked.

"Because I said so." he said as he started to yell. "That should be enough," he adds.

Cheryl smiles, no matter what is going down she knows Jughead as her back. It's been a while since she has felt like that, it's nice.

"We heard that this teacher, Mr. Muller put his hands on Betty. Is she okay?"

"I'm fine." Betty said as she stood from her seat. She smiled and waved.

"The situation has been dealt with. Right now there are bigger fish to fry." he said as he saw the Serpents start to nod in agreement. "Although, in time his ass will be mine. No one and I mean no one touches my queen." he said.

"Unless it's me." Toni yelled.

The Serpents laughed.

"Shut up, you little shit," Jughead said as he tried not to laugh.

Jughead assigned the volunteers assignments and gave a few others some other things he wanted done. After a few minutes the meeting is over and the Serpents disperse.

He walks over to where his inner circle is waiting,

"I see this getting big." Sweets said.

"I knew the Ghoulies being gone was too good to be true." Archie said. "It wouldn't surprise me if the bulldogs and Veronica were Ghoulies as well." he adds.

"Bulldogs, yes. Veronica, I don't think so." Jughead said. "She may be a lot of things but honestly I don't see her running drugs." he adds.

"She might break a nail and then it would really be the end of the world." Toni laughed.

"Hey, I recall you cussing when you broke a nail last week," Fangs said.

"So not the same," she said.

"I think the only difference is she's a rich bitch and you're just a bitch." Fangs smirked.

"ugh, I guess." she laughed.

Betty gets up and walks over to the jukebox. Jughead gets up and follows her. "Would you excuse me." he said as he walked away.

He takes her into his arms. "Dance with me." he said to her. She smiles. Starts a song on the jukebox and they go into the middle of the dance floor.

"I don't deserve you." He spoke to her as the slowed dance to the music.

"No Juggie, you deserve the world" she said as she looked up at him.

Jughead leans down and kisses her hard on the lips as they continue to dance.

Across the bar, Cheryl and Toni watch the two.

"He makes her happy," Cheryl said. "She's come so far, so much better than she was a year ago." she adds.

"She's changed him too. I never thought he would find someone to love." Toni said. "It's nice to see. They make each other happy." She adds, smiling.

"They are each other's soulmates." Cheryl said.

"Yeah" Toni said as they watched them hold each other and dance.

Jughead smiles as he listens to them talk. He's so lucky he found her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 190 40
[COMPLETED] When Betty Cooper, a poor soul is no longer wanted in her home, her sister eft, her father a murder, and her mother who just doesn't want...
16.5K 265 38
[COMPLETE & SEASON 2 OUT!] Of course this sounds like the classic tale of a stripper and a rich billionaire, however nothing is always as it seems...
40.7K 1K 51
Jughead Jones comes back to town, his mother moved him away when he was 5. He's now 17 and has come back to live with his father. When he arrives he...
13K 373 41
[COMPLETED] [35,000 - 40,000 WORDS] It's been two years since Veronica and Jughead broke up. Veronica moved back to New York and has new friends and...